[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a giant physical PS3 library I want to replay, but my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

I have a giant physical PS3 library I want to replay, but my (60gb Fat) PS3 is dead. What's the best method of recovering my old saves and transferring them to a new PS3? Also, which PS3 is best to replace it with?
>>
>>381698836
PS3 Slim has a built-in transfer function, you only need to connect your Slim with the Fat but I don't know if you need both properly working to do it. You can always extract the HDD and do something too.
>>
if you put your harddrive in another ps3 it will make you format it before you can use it
>>
Related PS3 Question. I have the original first edition fat PS3. What's the best method of modding? I'm willing to do a hardware mod with soldering if I have to. Will it be able to play PS2 ISOs as well?
>>
>>381698836
Flash drive? Old tech but still works.
>>
>>381699336
Ask in the homebrew general
>>
>>381698836
The slim was the handsomest design by far, but if I could find a super slim for cheap or a launch 60GB then I wouldn't turn up my nose at either.
>>
>>381699336
All you need is an e3 flasher and to make sure your model is compatible with it. Go on YT to learn. You also need some thermal paste, micro sd card and a USB flash drive.

Basically you'll just be using the flasher to downgrade your ps3 to firmware 3.55. Then from there you can install custom firmware up to the latest.

Installing games is actually a pain if you're a first timer. Either youre lucky and can find a good torrent or you have to download the games straight from Sony servers with "psn stuff". The first way was easier, simply put the game on an external HDD to play or put it straight on the console(through USB or FTP). The second way is more convenient but everytime you need to install a game, you have to activate it with "reactpsn". Took me a week to figure that out.

Anyway, I feel like it'll be worth it for the old titles you missed out on. Just don't think it'll be a cakewalk, installing the flasher isn't the hard part, it's when things don't work. If I could be assed to write a tutorial from everything I learned I would...
Check out the homebrew general too. Maybe they'll have some good info for you.
>>
>>381700934
Damn doesn't sound fun. Does it play PS2 games better then a PC emulator?
>>
>>381702692
Hell no. Maybe a few but that's only because in the ps2 emulator, if the graphics are increased then some glitches might show up. Last games I remember playing when that happened was yakuza and kingdom hearts. Not sure if its fixed by now. It's not an issue if you simply play at the native resolution though.

>tl;dr No

Also ps1 games are horrible on ps3. Can't play them for more than 30 minutes before my eyes hurt and I get nauseated.
>>
>>381703252
Fuck, so the only reason to mod a PS3 is to play PS3 games? If I factor in everything it might be cheaper to just buy all the games I want to play and just skip the modding
>>
>>381703472
Maybe, I bought my e3 flasher for 60 bucks like 4 or so years ago. At least during that time you could sell it back once you were done with it. Doubt anyone will want to buy one these days.

What games did you plan on playing? I decided to do it because the ps3 was near its end. Instead of buying another full priced game, I got the flasher instead to try it out. Now I have access to practically all the ps3 games.

I honestly regret it since I got banned for accidently signing into my main ps3 account. Had like 2000+ trophies and met a bunch of cool people to play with. It felt like all those 8 years of gaming just went down the drain.
>>
>>381703472
Exactly what happened to me, turned out its just cheaper to buy the games I wanted to play on it from ebay instead of paying for all the modding crap and fuck about with the flasher kit
>>
>>381704106
Mostly weebshit. I have most of the games I want to play besides drakengard 3, but I'm sure I can get it cheap. Otherwise I just like the idea of having access to EVERYTHING if I ever find some hidden gem someone recommends and I get desperate.
>>
>>381704361
Ah... Well it's entirely up to you. It took me quite a while to learn the ropes. Watched and read tons of tutorials. It's just that there are some things not explained correctly or not explained at all.
There should be some really good tutorials out there now. The funny thing is, all I played was rdr, TLOU, hot shots golf and uncharted. I used to have all those games too so I basically didn't so shit. I have a huge backlog of games to go through but never felt motivated to do so. I'm gonna finally turn on my ps3 today for the first time in nearly a year. Thanks anon. Good luck with everything, it's not like you can break or brick anything. Just might get stuck trying to either install firmware or games. If you get an error, there's a chance you have the wrong firmware update file or your game needs to be activated (use psn react again).
>>
File: IMG_20170624_180758.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170624_180758.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
>>381704361
>>381705938
I realized I modded it so that I can play HD remakes and collections lol. I wanted to play the kingdom hearts remakes to get ready for the third game. Too bad that won't come out for another 5 years.
>>
>>381698836
Take out the hard drive out of the dead PS3. Traditional spinning drives, even if "dead", in most cases CAN be recovered. It will cost you, but you can get the data out.

Then transfer to a new drive, stick it into a new PS3, and you're done.
>>
File: 761193.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
761193.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>381708485

the harddrive might be ok.. it's the PS3 itself that is dead. Is it as simple as switching hardrives in this case then?
>>
>>381710447
No. Your new PS3 will format the drive.
>>
>>381698836
Slim is the best unless you want to reball a Fat model.
>>
>>381712114

is a refurbished or used slim the only way to go then? I personally hate how cheap the super slim looks and feels.
>>
I can buy a prehacked slim for about $100 or I can buy an unopened slim and hacking tools for around $150.
Save me from my autism.
>>
>>381702692
>>381703252
This is wrong.
If you have an original model fat PS3, it's using actual PS2 hardware to play PS2 games, not emulation. So it plays every game perfectly. It won't render the games in HD, but it'll upscale if you choose.
>>
>>381713208
No anon, not all phat models can. I had the 80gb one and it couldn't. I believe all the 60gbs could and only some of the 40s but not every single model.
>>
>>381710447
>>381710854
There is of course a way to retrieve the date, but there will be complications. Ask a professional. Someone who mods/fixes PS3s will be a good choice.
>>
>>381712951
Nobody can save you but yourself
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.