[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Path of Exile: Babbies First POE Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: ogimage.png (593KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
ogimage.png
593KB, 800x800px
So I just installed POE and I played around with a few classes until level 5 (Templar and Ooga Booga Kangz Man) and I'm still lost on what I want to play. This game seems like a lot of fun so I'd appreciate any beginner tips as well, also post whatever cool shit you want (armor or weps)
>>
Pls
>>
there is tons of class guides on the forums. but for the game always gets boring once you reach lvl 70 or something.
>>
Did the new expansion start yet?
>>
>>381696450
Mid summer to September it drops, now what are some good first time builds
>>
>>381694531
firstly, experiment with stuff and remember build guides are just signposts they aren't meant to be set in stone, find something that looks cool and tinker with it to suit you.

its easy to make money by flipping currency. PICK UP EVERY CURRENCY NO EXCEPTIONS.

use poe.trade to buy stuff, uniques in this game are mostly garbage until late game with few exceptions, in almost all cases yellow rares will be better.

learn vendor recipes, this is how you are going to make most of your money in this game get used to it now. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system

your focus when you start playing is to stock up on currency while trying to get a feel for the game, so when you start to understand things you will have the money to get them going.

play on standard until you understand how the passive tree works and how to synergize your builds correctly.
>>
I know it's the one gimmick that PoE has to set it apart, but I'd much have traditional skill trees instead of the skill gems. The passive tree can stay since it's basically just stat allocation.
>>
the game is really bad don't bother
>>
>>381694531
>played around til level 5
wew lad
>>
>>381696882
So I could potentially trade someone Divine orbs for a piece of gear
>>
>>381697535
you are going to get ripped off, until you know whats good and whats bad. remember the main goal for someone selling you an item is because they want to profit, and what better way to do that than someone who has no idea what they are doing.

like i said, for now just focus on learning the game and its mechanics while tinkering with different skill gems and setups while collecting currency from drops and maybe using some of the vendor recipes to get currency until you understand things then try your hand at trading. here is a good video series that will help you immensely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEZtq6FSebE&list=PL7GqFLebBU8inlrcqTZFXtIwP362XrdNe
>>
>>381697535
Google cheap beginner builds like earthquake or essence drain+contagion, follow one of those. It sounds dull, but you'll learn the game as you play, have a build that will allow you to farm currency cheaply, and then let you get into a better position to play one of those fun broken builds you see in the videos that usually require equipment that have inflated prices because of the fun looking build videos.
>>
>>381698106
Thanks so much anon
>>
>>381694531
Take the ogaa booga man, invest all in strength skills: fire damage, critical, melee and axe. You can choose between one handed + shield or two handed axe. Aquire the following gems (don't remember the exact names):

> Hearld of Ash (for passive extra damage)
> Multen strike (creates good area damage)
> Multistrike (to hit super fast)
> Leap slam (because it's fun to jump around)

The rest of skills / gems just pick whatever, this build will give you a very fast hitting area damage char that can jump around and wipe lots of enemies real quick. Wouldn't say it's the best build out there but it's very fun and goes very well in single player and pretty well in pvp.

I'm not sure if it's a familiar build or not it's just something I tried out (I don't like to use build guides personally).

Btw a lot of people would tell you to take resolute technique with axe but I wouldn't recommend it with the multistrike.
>>
>>381696507
Berserker Earthquake meme build
>>
>>381698306
no problem bro, i don't mind spoonfeeding for path of exile because it can be overwhelming to a complete noob learning how all the different mechanics interact with each other, but once you figure it out the game becomes a cake walk.

don't forget to have fun.
>>
What build is closest to Hurricane/Tornado Druid?
>>
When you're totally new and just making your way through your first normal difficulty, it might be helpful to invest in zombies. Templar and witch have some early minion nodes that can be easily refunded if you ever change your mind.
>>
File: 1496707760567.jpg (15KB, 419x424px) Image search: [Google]
1496707760567.jpg
15KB, 419x424px
>>381694531
make lightning warp auto cast on melee kill.
>>
>>381696901
>The passive tree can stay since it's basically just stat allocation.
Not quite.. usually games with stats have like 5 stats to choose from, and maybe like 10 different skills to improve. 20 if lucky.

Since PoE got so many skills in it's passive skill tree they have much more diversity both in trade-offs and in special skills (like a soul that cancel Mana and use health instead, skill that sacrifice critical for always hitting etc). In addition since the skill tree is like a maze you walk in the paths you choose also have value (you can approach skills you want from several directions that will give different perks and stats on the way).

PoE's skills are much more than just stats allocation.
>>
>>381699067
There are a handful of special modifiers. The rest of it is pure stat allocation. It absorbed passive skills that would normally be on the skill tree since PoE doesn't have skill trees.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.