[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like game remakes, but not movie remakes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Why do people like game remakes, but not movie remakes?
>>
because game remakes most of the time are good. Name 5 good movie remakes.
>>
game remakes, most of the time, you're getting the same game, but with a graphical update, or some extra stuff.

Movie remakes, they just do whatever the fuck they want with it, and usually it's shit.
>>
The example of the game you just showed is just re-doing the graphics and keeping everything else intact.

Movie remakes feature totally new cinematography, actors, scenes, just about everything. A movie remake is a lot more dramatic than a game remake, they're more akin to what we would call a "reboot"
>>
>>381690752
>>381691016
>>381691018
ALL OF YOU ARE FUCKING FAGGOTS!
>>
>>381691728
>soft reboot = remake

nope
>>
>>381691728
Are you implying World wasn't shit? Also, it's a reboot not a remake you silly faggot.
>>
>>381691728

This is a reboot, not a remake. Maybe even a sequel. This is because of the subtitle.

For it to be a "remake" in movie speak it would need to just be called "Jurassic Park" and be a re-telling of the story of the original Jurassic Park.

Mad Max: Fury Road - Reboot
True Grit - Remake
>>
>>381691918>>381691824
>>381691865
So by your "logic" Ghostbusters 2016 was a reboot
>>
>>381692023
>starting up /pol/ shit
kill yourself
>>
>>381692023

Yes. Ghostbusters 2016 was a reboot.

If it were a remake it would have had the same plot and events as the original.

This is not that hard to grasp, almost everyone agrees that it's a reboot.
>>
>>381692023
I had no interest in watching that abortion but if all the female characters had the male names and it followed the same plot it was indeed a reboot.
>>
>>381692276
* but unless
>>
>>381690752
Because game remakes tend to improve something movie don't have: gameplay.
>>
Ghostbusters, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII are at the same time sequels, reboots and remake.
>>
Games are more dependent on technology than movies. Star Wars is 40 years old and perfectly watchable to this day. Old games can stand the test of time, both gameplay and stylistically like Pac-Man but changes in technology means the original ambition of a game can flourish. I'll bet you a dime they wanted a 257th level in Pac-Man.
>>
>>381692512

Ghostbusters is a reboot. Not a remake because it doesn't share the exact same characters and plot as the original.

Jurassic world and star wars are arguably sequels because they exist in the same universe as the first few movies in their series. Usually a reboot in movies assumes the first few movie never happened within the plot (see: Spiderman vs. Amazing spiderman)

None of the movies you listed are remakes, nor would anyone who knows anything about movies consider them remakes. They all have different plots and characters from the original films.
>>
>>381690752
i hate both.
>>
>>381690948
Name 5 game remakes that aren't worse than the original.
>>
>>381690752
because movies don't really change much in last 50 years. video game barely left "tech for the sake of tech" phase that movies passed long time ago.
>>
>>381692512

No.

You are retarded
>>
>>381691728

>All these responses

It's neither a reboot nor a remake. It's a fucking sequel. None of the previous events are ignored.
>>
>>381690752
I don't think either are generally accepted positively. Crash/REmake are few of the ones i can think of.
>>
>>381691728
It's a sequel and it was terrible.
>>
>>381690752
Because consolecucks have no games so even remakes and remasters are a goldmine for them.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.