[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did we go from this....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

File: FFbYSSZ.jpg (485KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
FFbYSSZ.jpg
485KB, 2560x1440px
How did we go from this....
>>
TO WHERE?!
>>
File: Tx-55metalgear.jpg (28KB, 350x514px) Image search: [Google]
Tx-55metalgear.jpg
28KB, 350x514px
to THIS?
>>
File: IMG_0017.jpg (194KB, 930x930px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0017.jpg
194KB, 930x930px
>>381690382
>>381690924
To MG Rex?

Wasn't Rex designed by ArmsTech (US) while that... thing was designed by the USSR? According to MGS lore, Asians (Russia) were already ahead of the West in terms of walking tanks (Shagohad in '63).
>>
I thought the idea wasn't to make a mech that can dance around all fancy but one that can launch a nuke. Hence the future ones being capable of less fancy footwork but being a considerablely larger threat. Also no psychic children with a lust for revenge required.
>>
mgs games after 3 didnt happen and are non-canon
>>
>>381690382
>>381691190
Because the Stanthrelapolous was all style no substance. It was taken down by a single soldier when it had all the advantages and had access to psycho mantis's OP powers. Hell a helicopter minigun disabled it as well. REX on the other hand had to be severely sabotaged before snake could fight it, and he didn't even destroy it, just incapacitated its driver. Even years later is was still almost fully functional, despite not being maintained or fixed at tall, and defeated an mg that was not only more advanced but specifically made to kill it. In a 1v1 REX would obliterate the Shatirhapolous
>>
>>381690382
>>381691035
They fired their roboticist.
>>
File: 1497915482976.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1497915482976.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>"He mentioned something interesting: Cipher is pursuing new research. He claims that what they're doing in Africa is the missing piece... A weapon to surpass Metal Gear."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVaSDBKL5RI
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 92x92px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 92x92px
>>381692385
Yes, but hasn't EVERY single metal gear been taken down by one soldier?
>>
>>381690382
Sahelanthropus needed Psycho Mantis to make it work. Otherwise they couldn't use it
>>
>>381692661
Yeah but Snake > Big Medic so REX > Anthropomorphous.
>>
>>381692637
>Comments disabled
I wonder how many metal gear posts were made before they decided to do this
>>
Can someone explan the MGS storyline to me?
>>
>>381692873
Electronic old men ruling the world.
>>
>>381692873
nanomachines and parasites
>>
>>381690382
>>381691035
>>381691190
Emerich states a million fucking times about how Sahelantropus is useless because they can't put in a adult-sized cabin for the pilot, how the sheer size is an issue because they couldn't use ceramic armor and a million other design flaws, REX was built to be somewhat practical and work as it was supposed to, same as the OG Metal Gears from Outer Heaven and Zanzibarland
>>
File: 1487681437944.jpg (80KB, 775x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487681437944.jpg
80KB, 775x720px
>>381690382
If you actually paid attention to the story, you'd know that Sally was basically a useless piece of scrap metal without the help of shota Mantis.
>>
>>381692873
Do you want me to explain it in chronological order or by the release order?
>>
>>381690382
T H I C C
>>
>>381690382
COPULATION
>>
>>381693463
Yes.
>>
>>381693635
MALE TO FEMALE
>>
>>381690382
what a retarded fucking design. Why the fuck would you give a walking battle-tank hands? The fuck is the point?
>>
File: hnnnggg.jpg (79KB, 372x456px) Image search: [Google]
hnnnggg.jpg
79KB, 372x456px
>>381691190
REX was so damn sexy. The best MG for sure.
>>
>>381693943
So it can hold it's fire whip sword, duh
>>
>>381693943
They're for tickling Snake's balls.
>>
>>381692873
In a world where soldiers are used as political tools the world's greatest soldier decides to create a place where soldiers are wanted and welcome. Some people create a shadow government running the world and secretly clone him 3 times. The inferior clone gets orders to fuck him up and does that, then years later the superior clone leads an uprising and gets fucked up by the inferior clone too.
Years later the perfect clone tries to overthrow the shadow government but they trick the inferor clone and a twink into stopping him. Years later the original soldier's friend tries to destroy the shadow government which turns out to be computers. He does that and then the inferior clone beats the shit out of him and quits smoking.
>>
>>381692873
Secret agency operative is sent on mission to kill his master, the Boss. Turns out she was on a super mission too and you get played like a fiddle and kill her, you become Big Boss. You and your best friend Zero use a hidden legendary cache of money to do secret stuff but he goes nuts and wants to control information worldwide and you go nu-uh and you crash your helicopter and go on a coma for 9 years and he makes a bodydouble of you who thinks it's you and go and make a secret clubhouse for soldiers and there's also clones of you and one of them named Solid sneaks in and kills you but it's actually your bodybouble but no one knows this. Oh and there's giant robots who can shoot nukes so years later you sneak in an isolated island to destroy one of them and Big Boss' other best friend Ocelot is there and also the other Big Boss clone, Liquid. You kill them and destroy the Metal Gear. But then Ocelot isn't dead and grafts Liquids arm into himself and is possessed by his spirit. A shitload more Metal Gears are constructed and there's a wild AI taking over the world, you fuck everything shit up. But everything is fucked up anyway and the world now runs on a war economy where war is endlessly fueled. Ocelot wants Big Boss' corpse to bioidentify access to the AI or something and control the nanomachines inside every soldier but the corpse is actually not Big Boss, it's Solidus (another Big Boss clone I just remembered existed). Ocelot gains control of it anyway and builds a fuckhuge submarine, you fuck all the shit up and fist fight Ocelot on top of the submarine where he reveals he was never possessed in the first place and kisses you. You (Solid) have aids and will contaminate people soon so you shoot yourself only you're a pussy and don't, Big Boss comes and tells you don't have aids anymore but you'll die soon anyway. Zero is a vegetable and Big Boss pulls the plug on him.

That's how I remember mgs in a nutshell.
>>
>>381690382
>>381691190
Considering the fact that the REX is the brainchild of Hal Emrich... it doesn't make any fucking sense as to why they always look alike
>>
>>381692873
The world's greatest solider, the boss, played double agent for America and infiltrated a radical Russian sect. Her prodigy, naked snake was sent to stop her. After he killed her he discovered the ruse, and let America to become a mercenary. He then through various means tried to make a country/haven for soldiers to be good at their craft, failing on multiple occasions. Meanwhile the team that helped naked snake on his mission created a group to better control the nation's of the world. They managed to create an ai to control the flow of information, and in doing so control how people think and act. They also created 3 clones of naked snake, now known as big Boss. The clones were solid snake, liquid snake, and solidus snake.
I can continue if need be
>>
>>381695060
Isn't the head structure present in Granin's original design that he smuggled to Huey?
>>
Ray is a piece of shit
>>
One was built by a global superpower, the other by some PMC.
>>
any chance of pc ports this anniversary?
>>
>>381696082
Your guess is as good as ours
>>
>>381694063
>it's
>>
I thought it was just remote controlled...
>>
I'd like to know how they already had old walker gears being mass-produced to the point where any third world dictatorship could buy them, and yet the most brilliant minds Skullface could assemble were incapable of figuring out how to just make one ten times taller, so they had to find some super psychic kid to puppeteer the thing?

Really?

Really, though? These are the ultra super mega tough brilliant enemies that Big Boss, Kaz, and Venom got their teeth kicked in by?
>>
>>381693439
Then why didn't they just fucking alter the design?
Who the hell thought it was a good idea to let emmerich continue after they found out no one can fit in the damn thing
>>
>>381693282
>million other design flaws
Yet all of this is irrelevant because you just need one psychic kid to get it to move like a fucking balrog who can melt tanks with farts.
>>
>>381690382
THICC
>>
>>381697784
>>>381693439
>Then why didn't they just fucking alter the design?
Because skull face didn't want him to.
>Who the hell thought it was a good idea to let emmerich continue after they found out no one can fit in the damn thing
Skull face. He didn't need it to accomodate a human pilot because he had Mantis.
>>
File: comic509.png (423KB, 650x2508px) Image search: [Google]
comic509.png
423KB, 650x2508px
>>381690382
>>381691035
>>
>>381694394
10/10 summary
>>
I suggest you guys all read >>381692215 because he's right and everyone knows it no matter how hard it is for them to accept on a conscious level
>>
@381698286
>guys please notice me
nothing for (You) today, kid
>>
Metal....gear?
>>
>>381697891
>you just need one psychic kid
right, because those are a diamond dozen
>>
they say in the game this thing doesnt work without mantis
what a scientific breakthough
>>
best theme coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9hagVL-__c
>>
>>381698286
Fuck you. I liked MGSV
>>
>>381698979
its no where near on the level of the original trilogy though
>>
>>381690382
There was only one smart man on the planet but he called a wolf a wolf instead of a dog so he was set adrift at sea.
>>
>>381699079
your mom is nowhere near on the level of other bitches but she was still a wild ride
>>
>>381700070
:(
>>
>>381698603
>right, because those are a diamond dozen

You're saying that as if it was a bad thing.
The only person on Earth to have one is Skullface. Having a weapon only you can operate and no one can hijack is a pretty big thing if you ask me.
Especially considering that stealing a metal gear from the baddies was exactly what they did numerous times throughout the series.
>>
3>2=1

is VR missions worth buying?
>>
>>381692385
You're right but the last part is mistaken

RAY units where intended to dogpile mass produced REX units, never to fight the real REX one on one.
>>
File: cuck.png (312KB, 600x660px) Image search: [Google]
cuck.png
312KB, 600x660px
Reminder that Rex is the best Metal Gear and that all of Hal's talent probably came from his mother.
>>
>>381698603
Parasites, son.
>>
>>381700546
I think you misread what both I and the guy I was replying to were saying
>>
>want to fulton away Skull Face so I can visit him in base and possibly gain some intel from him
>Kaz can't let his autism go and Skull Face dies no matter what
>oh well, at least I get to bring him this Metal Gear as a reminder of my accomplishments
>Take a trip to play some Ape Escape
>come back and the Metal Gear gets fucking stolen
>Now the only proof I have of my accomplishments is a zoo full of gerbils and some autists on a containment platform
This phantom pain can go fuck itself
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.