[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF NINTENDO OR WTF SABER?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
Nintendo doesn't allow patch to be published because is bigger even than the game, saber released an incomplete game accepting the rules of eshop.
>>
Fuck
>>
Got a source for that mate?
>>
>>381687998
Nintendo is laying the smack down on devs that try to publish half-finished games with huge fucking day 1 patches. Good for them. Finish your games before you sell them you jackasses.
>>
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/blog/2017/06/24/update-nba-playgrounds-switch-held-back-nintendos-policies/
>>
>>381688616
So now Saber and Nintendo look bad for having an incomplete game, nobody wins here.
>>
>>381688616
Didn't Zelda come with a day one patch?
I'm sure Nintendo has done Day 1 patches, not bigger than the game itself I know that much
>>
>>381688616
>nintendo actively works to destroy their third party support yet again
Yeah, you go girl!
>>
But now players are in rage mode
>>
>>381688937
This.
I want to give Playgrounds a chance because it reminds me of those wacky NBA games from the SNES, but right now it's an incomplete game and neither party is trying to find middle ground and benefit the consumer
>>
>>381687998
>Nintendo
Who cares? Anyone stupid enough to buy a Switch deserves this
>>
>>381689089
If third parties want to put half a game on the game card and expect you to download the other half to the Switch's limited storage then they can go get fucked. Nintendo is not going to run those servers forever, eventually they will go down and these patches will be lost with only the nerfed game cards remaining. I can see why Nintendo doesn't want that shit to happen.
>>
>>381688616
BOTW had a day 1 patch and Xenoblade X requires a 20 GB download just so it can run properly.
Fuck off.
>>
>>381689357
Isn't playgrounds digital only though?
>>
>>381689357
How much storage does the switch come with/can be upgraded to?
>>
>>381689545
Up to monstrous 2tb sd cards, comes with 128gb internal storage.
>>
>>381689667
>128

32GB
>>
>Patch is larger than the game itself
Is this a Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 situation where the patch is acually the rest of the game and the card just has the demo?
>>
Up to 2 tb sd, but has 32 gb internal storage by default
>>
>>381689475
>Xenoblade X requires a 20GB download
No, Xenoblade X as a game is over 20GB, if you pop the game in on a disk it runs just fine. If Nintendo released Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and it was missing the second half of the game until you downloaded an additional 15GB patch then maybe I could see the comparison. NBA Playgrounds as is on Switch requires a 15GB download in order to access online play. Day one patches are shitty but sometimes necessary if devs come up with improvements/bug fixes after the game has gone gold, but they're never as fucking big as 15GB, that is insane.
>>
>>381690079
>if you pop the game in on a disk it runs just fine.
No, it doesn't. You need to download the data packs or it runs like absolute garbage
>>
>>381689475
The day 1 patch of BotW was tiny and pretty much just added the dlc menu on the title screen.
The Xenoblade X download is only if you purchased physical because of disc read speed limitations that made textures and other things take longer to load in which is an issue in a game that tried to not have loading screens and be open world.
>>
>>381687998
Knew this shit was going to happen.

32gb internal storage is basically a death sentence for 3rd party support.
>>
>>381687998
>>381688616
To be fair, this file size limit on patches is in Nintendo's eShop guidelines, and other devs have gotten around this on the 3DS eShop by just resubmitting the game and having people redownload it instead of making huge patches.
>>
BAHAHAHAHAHA

Nintendo basically put the final nail in the coffin for any potential third party support.
>>
>>381688616
A day one patch usually consists of fine tuning that happens after a disc/product has gone "gold" and is submitted for certification which can take weeks/months.

It's not about "not releasing a finished game". You are the epitome of a facebook level understanding of game development that has destroyed this board and the entire gaming community as a whole.

kill yourself
>>
>>381688937
>>381689150
>NINTENDO! STOP TRYING TO HOLD STUDIOS BACK BY MAKING THEM FOLLOW YOUR SHITTY PROCEDURES AND QUALITY CONTROL
>Okay, here's fifty games from different studios all of which require you to download more than 1 GB of data to play on the first day
>WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO! ACTUALLY FUCKING CARE ABOUT QUALITY CONTROL YOU PIECE OF SHITS!
>Okay fine, now devs and studios have to follow a decent amount of quality control before shipping a game on our system
>NOT AGAIN NINTENDO! FUCK YOU NINTENDO!
What the fuck do you retards want?!
>>
>>381691303
In this case it was absolutely about releasing a half finished game as the devs themselves admitted, they didn't have multiplayer finished and were rushing the game out for marketing reasons. So you can go fuck off and die, faggot.
>>
>>381691303
>7gb patch for a game that's 1gb in size
>fine tuning

reminds me of tony hawk 5
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.