[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you say the odds of this game dethroning Budokai 3 will be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

As we all know, Budokai 3 is generally considered the pinnacle of DBZ fighting games. It was easily accessible , was cel-shaded eye-candy, and had a lot of the DBZ essentials but on top of that it actually had a surprising amount of depth as a fighting game. It pleased both casuals and hardcore alike, even if they're not a fan of Dragon Ball.

However, FigherZ looks promising as a DB fighter that actually can be taken seriously in the same light as Street Fighter or Tekken on top of being super satisfying aesthetically.

What's your thoughts...?
>>
>>381685795
This this game even have a complex combo system? From all the trailers looks like no.
>>
Zero percent
>>
>>381685795
>arcsys
>easily accessible
I'm sorry OP
>>
This will be the best competitive DBZ game to date since it's being handled by ASW.
>>
>>381685891
We haven't seen enough of it to be able to decide. It seems like every character having ultra unique bnbs is replaced by the use of zanzoken and chasedown. buu and freeza have unique combos, but all the saiyans look to attack so similarly that I honestly couldn't tell.
>>
>>381685891
explain why that would be a bad thing
>>
>>381686150
the producer said on many interviews that Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Cell and Freeza play very similarly because those are the characters they expect the casuals will pick the most and that every other character, including Fat Buu, will have unique play styles.
>>
In the name Dragonball ..Fighter Z.
It would be my guess that they are going to developers this game with esports in mind.
I wouldn't imagine there would be a good story and I hope there isn't. I hope that is taken care of in a seperate game.
They should go exactly the SFV route.
Without that absurd apology story.
I want to melt hours in practice, trials, & online.
Something akin to umvc3.
>>
>>381685891
probably for the best...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivq0pYIu1e8
>>
>>381687362
>They should go exactly the SFV route.
>dumpsterfire failure
>>
>>381685795
Casual audience won't like it as much, but as it is right now it's much better than Budokai 3.

>surprising amount of depth
It didn't even have the most depth of the DBZ games, Tenkaichi 2/3 have much more depth. And the Xenoverse 2 combo system is easily superior. Shit, it's not even the best Budokai game, Shin Budokai and IW are miles better than Budokai 3. Budokai 3 was just the really popular one with good music.
>>
>>381688268
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=578hSN8oUbs
>>
>>381687362
you know that there is a story already? It's called dragon ball
>>
>>381685795
>dragon rush the game is considered the pinnacle of db fighting games
>>
>>381687878
Why did you post this video?
>>
>>381685891
You never get complex combos from trailers.
>>
>>381688607
Dragon rush is just a grab
>>
>>381688268
>Shin Budokai
Yeah I sure do love hyper armor on recovery for every little thing.
It did have a dope roster though, and 2 had a fun story.
>>
>>381687362
ArcSys has been putting story modes in their games since Guilty Gear X +. They said they have single player content planned but they aren't ready to talk about it.
>>
>>381688930
>single player content planned
They said the single player would be very rich. So I expect it to be a great DBZ game for casual and non-casual.
>>
File: 75186_front.jpg (142KB, 640x904px) Image search: [Google]
75186_front.jpg
142KB, 640x904px
>>381685795
>As we all know, Budokai 3 is generally considered the pinnacle of DBZ fighting games

As we all know, OP is a total fucking faggot with shit tastes.
>>
File: Gohan Combo.gif (2MB, 296x173px) Image search: [Google]
Gohan Combo.gif
2MB, 296x173px
>>381685891
It has potential.
>>
I really hope DBF'z story is just a huge what if OVA like Xrd and a separate SP only mode (like Abyss/Golden/M.O.M) for combat.
>>
>>381685795
Why does everyone ignore Infinite World? It's basicly the same but without the rng.

My favourite db game is still Budokai Tenkaichi 3. I don't really like the idea of a 2d dragon ball game.
>>
We need to welcome it for what it is for one, and not trying to deride it for not being a perfect dream game.

It will be a good 3v3 fighter. That comes before the fan service honestly.
>>
>>381687878
i kind of want to get marvel now just to meme on people with these combos
>>
Is Kid Buu confirmed yet

He's my favorite villain because I like the way he fights.
>>
>>381689593
Until Battle Zenkai makes it over to consoles properly, 2D DBZ is the only way to capture the spirit of the fighting in the franchise.

>>381689225
I don't like the idea of meterless Snapback that you can combo into. Hope it's fixed by the beta.
>>
>>381689986
Only new character confirmed is Future Trunks. They'll probably add a few for the beta next month/August, it would be a little disappointing otherwise.
>>
>>381690052
>meterless Snapback
It has a recovery. You use it then there's a timer for it to be used again. Also the game has DHC at the cost of a meter.
>>
>>381689986
I think we're supposed to get some gameplay next week. That said I'm quite sure he'll make it in
>>
>>381690308
Hmm. Still don't like that you can combo into it so easily.

>>381690142
They better confirm Piccolo for the beta or there will be riots.
>>
>>381689206
This
>>
the odds of this game dethroning lame 3d shit for casual children: 100% guaranteed
>>
>>381691032
DBF and XV are going to be running simultaneously.
>>
>>381685795
About 100%.

Budokai 3 is great, but the only reason it's the best DBZ game is because every other game afterwards for the past decade has been one step above shovelware that hack devs churn out because retards will buy anything with DBZ on the cover, thus never giving devs any incentive to create anything more than a lazy musou-tier combat system only there as a skeletal support structure for ultimate moves and animations.

FighterZ looks like not only is it going to capture DBZ perfectly in artstyle, character, and fighting, but it's also going to be a solid and enjoyable combat system. While Budokai 3's combat is good and more deep than most people realized at a casual level sicne there's a number of cancels and combos you wouldn't generally know, it still has weakpoints like Dragon Rush (yes if you're actually skilled the chances of a Dragon Rush being initiated are about 0, but still), taunts being integral to competitive play, some training mode weakpoints like no infinite fusion timer for practice...

I'll still certainly go back and play B3 as I have regularly all these years, but I expect this wil probably be the best DBZ game ever made.
>>
>>381691245
>this wil probably be the best DBZ game ever made.
This, it's already looking great. The combat right now already looks like some of the best. There's obviously some depth we don't know about, but going through the videos of the demo we already have so many options for offensive and defensive play.
>>
>>381691785
mahvel still has even more options. at the end of the day it's going to be the better playing game while dbfz will get the casuals and graphics whores
>>
What fighting style will Piccolo have? I imagined he'd be a zoner with his arms and maybe some cool Hellzoning grenades, but then I think back and realized that Piccolo never actually fought like a Zoner. Obviously not in the manga, but he rarely used his stretchy arms, so I can't see ArcSys using that like the budokai games did.

thoughts?
>>
File: Dragon ball Fighter.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon ball Fighter.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>381685891
kinda
>>
>>381692094
>at the end of the day it's going to be the better playing game
I hope you're not referring to Infinity.

DBZF is going to bury Infinity.
>>
>>381689058
Is there a source on this?
>>
>>381692257
Wow, what complex system that is, i've never seen a game use "punch" "punch" Punch" "kick" Kick" "Kick" "down up-right" before
>>
The beta is being released some time in August, and it's going to be a closed beta. Do you think a closed beta is better than an open one? /v/?
>>
>>381688601
One of many interviews.
>There will be a lot of elements and modes which will allow players to enjoy the game, even in single-player. I can't get too far into what those will be but there will be a huge emphasis on single player content along with the fighting game aspect.
>>
File: GG.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
GG.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>381692562
Isnt that what makes GG great?
>>
>>381692659
>implying being an open beta is going to get you a grilfriend
>>
>>381692193
I remember Piccolo using strategy and positioning, if there's going to be a zoner it'll be him with all his natural zoning tools.

Having a zoner Piccolo who can also regenerate health by spending meter would be perfect for me, I want to break people's souls frustrating them with a daily dose.
>>
>>381692193
charge motions
>>
File: game.png (28KB, 387x332px) Image search: [Google]
game.png
28KB, 387x332px
>there are people itt that don't even understand the mechanics of the game
>let alone other DBZ games enough to differentiate Xenoverse and Tenkaichi or Budokai and Final Bout
>>
Everything will be better than QTE ult attacks.
Budokai 3 is overrated
>>
>>381686051
on the other hand, they also made HnK and Sengoku Basara X
>>
>>381693745
HnK was broken done right.
>>
>>381692562
As opposed to Marvel just being the same thing except you can do it forever?
>>
>>381692193
Super Skrull w/ projectiles.
>>
>>381693745
>They made the greatest fighting game on the planet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJKDzbwxEKs
>>
File: C_LtvgOVoAAKcIB.jpg (17KB, 243x499px) Image search: [Google]
C_LtvgOVoAAKcIB.jpg
17KB, 243x499px
This is Caulifla, she is the only good thing to come out of super. Say something nice to her.
>>
File: GGXRD-R_Raven_Portrait.png (170KB, 403x577px) Image search: [Google]
GGXRD-R_Raven_Portrait.png
170KB, 403x577px
>>381692193
>>
>>381692562
just because there's a magic series doesn't mean that basic combo in the video is all the game has to offer
>>
>>381689206
Even xenoverse is better than this trash you retard
>>
File: DC6QUFHVYAAB9N2.jpg-large.jpg (473KB, 884x1300px) Image search: [Google]
DC6QUFHVYAAB9N2.jpg-large.jpg
473KB, 884x1300px
Z Future Trunks confirmed, Superfags/GTfags blown the fuck out yet again by the superior manga.

>>381685795
Budokai 3 is good, but it won't be hard to overthrow if this fighting game is the real deal, and it looks like it is.
>>
File: Dragon-Ball-Super-hit-760x427.jpg (31KB, 760x427px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-Ball-Super-hit-760x427.jpg
31KB, 760x427px
>>381694380
>This is Caulifla, she is the only good thing to come out of super

I beg to differ
>>
>>381694380
>she is the only good thing to come out of super.

I like the 2 OP songs and the music that played when Trunks went SS Rage, other than that I agree. Super is really bad and I don't know why people defend it. You show Super to someone that was a DBZ fan back in the day and they can't look at it for more than 5 seconds because it looks so fucking terrible. And that's just how it looks - tell them about "Super Saiyan Blue"and "Golden Frieza", forget about it. Super is just so obnoxiously half-assed.
>>
why can't they release the beta now?
why so fucking late?
>h-hur dur, let's release the beta right when school starts, that way our main player base won't be playing as much.
>>
>>381691245
>Dragon Rush
Play Infinite World.
>Infinite fusion time
Doesn't going to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber allow that? Or is that just Budokai 2?
>Taunts
No comment, I have no clue what you mean.
>>
>>381694227
>you can do it forever
What is Hitstun Deterioration?
>>
>>381694774
Bojack design >>>>>>>>
And Super has the better moveset for a fighting game imo
>>
>>381695126
>Play Infinite World.
Infinite World has an even worse stamina system, no beam struggles, some other things. I have both and I always go back to B3 specifically unless I want to play as one of the IW characters that aren't in B3.

>Doesn't going to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber allow that? Or is that just Budokai 2?
No B2 had infinite training mode fusions, B3 simply doesn't, so if you want to practice as a Fusion character you need to refuse every twenty seconds.

>No comment, I have no clue what you mean.
If you're going hard into competitive play, the gameplay revolves around making sure your meter is as high as possible while trying to keep your opponent's meter resources as low as possible so they can't dodge/warp-counter you. The best option in a lot of combos is to cancel into a taunt when they're in stun because it will take down a bar of their meter, thus not only doing damage form the combo but also ending it by draining defensive resources they could use, putting them at a disadvantage in lifebar and in meter.
>>
>>381694563
This.
>>
>>381695430
>gameplay revolves around making sure your meter is as high as possible while trying to keep your opponent's meter resources as low as possible
Makes sense.
>worse stamina system
Does it run out faster?
>>
>>381685795
Will this game have amazing character intros like in Guilty Gear?
>>
>>381697586
yes
>>
>>381697586
Just look at Gohan's intro.
>>
>>381697586
>No character specific intros
One of those things that I'll never really let go of.
>>
>>381694563
>>381692193
Came here to post my idea for Raven

Have the whole pain mechanic have him visually lose parts but they grow back when out of the stance
>>
Kid Goku with after image confirmed when
>>
Goku not having a spirit bomb super makes me think we are getting instant kills

Not like another form of Goku having it would make more sense
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.