[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Secret Worlds Legends is free why aren't you playing it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

File: secret.jpg (9KB, 333x187px) Image search: [Google]
secret.jpg
9KB, 333x187px
Secret Worlds Legends is free why aren't you playing it?
>>
I don't play shit games
>>
>>381685769
Because I'm in Transylvania in the original version. I'm not restarting to play an incomplete beta that doesn't have all the locations of the original, with a gimped inventory system. and who knows knows what other P2W cuts, with an updated combat system that doesn't even look any better.
>>
>>381685769
I did and I have expected more
>>
Where's the pay shop? I can't seem to find it on google and I want to see for myself how P2W it actually is.
>>
>>381687763
There isn't one centralized shop screen. You go to the relevant menu in-game for the kind of item you want to buy. For example, the dressing room screen where you change your outfit also shows you outfits that you can buy with money. If you want to buy a skill point boost, you open your skill screen and click the relevant button. It seems like the kind of design idea that sounded really good on paper but is actually just stupid in practice.

There seem to be a lot of those types of decisions that went into this version.
>>
>>381685769
>dungeon drops require keys daily keys or store bought keys to open

Yeah, that'll get the masses to play your game.
>>
>>381687763
>how P2W it actually is
you can buy skill points
>>
Jesus I just took a look at youtube, steam forums and TSWL subreddits.

Looks like the game is going to be a huge bust.
You no longer get loot from regular mobs, when you do a dungeon you don't get loot directly, you get a chest that is locked. I'm assuming you have to pay for a key to open it.

Combat is 'revamped', but you have to choose your 2 weapons during character creation before you even get to test them out. They've removed all synergy between weapons (back in the day certain weapons 'comboed' with eachother like shotty and hammer. Now they don't combo at all. You're expected to use just one primarily, the second is used when the primary skills are on cd).

You get a total of one character slot, doesn't matter if you're a returning player or new player.

I don't even know what to say. It's like they thought up all the worst possible design choices and went with them.
>>
>>381688264
can you literally buy skill points or is it just /v/ hysteria like they did with WoW and the boost that gave you zero advantages at end-game?
>>
>>381688282
You don't get loot at all anymore, instead it's loot bags that you open to get the item, kinda like Destiny and it's pretty fucking pointless
>>
>>381685769
for some reason it runs much worse than TSW
btw how bad is the nickle and diming? I had the first 10 story volumes on TSW, how much content is in SWL?
>>
>>381688282
That sounds like an absolute shitshow. Why can't anything nice happen?
>>
>>381688465
That's shitty.
TSW loot design has always been utter shit as well. The tooltips for items are just little coloured squares, with white symbols. They should have taken the time to draw item art. Made looting stuff so underwhelming.
>>
File: ss (2017-06-24 at 03.01.52).jpg (35KB, 460x244px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-06-24 at 03.01.52).jpg
35KB, 460x244px
>>381688404
The gold bars are the real money currency, with 1000 of them costing $10.
>>
>>381688404
Yes you can you literally buy skill points to unlock all skills and passive power ups in the game at lvl 1
>>
Also: you cannot trade with other players at ALL unless both of you are monthly subscribers.
>>
>>381688983
What? Even if you bought the game?
>>
>>381689042
Yep. Direct trading requires both parties to have "patron" status.

You could only get unlimited patron status in Legends if you bought a certain version of TSW that included lifetime membership.
>>
>>381688983
This just makes me love the way trading works in warframe even more
So very few mmo games let you trade your stuff and premium currency that freely
>>
They went full Funcom and actually managed to make the game worse. It's worthless.
>>
>>381688282
Just imported my account and try legend for a bit and I don't know what the devs are thinking. The combat is the same and they rework the only thing they shouldn't have rework : the skill wheel.
>>
>>381689476
Not really, they improved a lot of quests it's just their f2p model that sucks
>>
Does stuff still take a million hits to kill?
>>
Installing it only because i have to wait 2 days until i can afford to resub on another MMO i was playing.
>>
>>381689607
>the only thing they shouldn't have rework : the skill wheel.
But the new system is better the memewheel was just a lazy design made to make things look unique
>>
>>381689961
No, shit dies way faster now
>>
>>381685769
I am.Almost level 12.I really like the creepy vibes and the side stories.
This is in my top 5 MMOs of all time right now.
>>
>>381688885
Does it matter? You can still equip the same limited amount of them as anyone else.
>>
>>381685769
How's this as a sp mmo? I just want something to kill time and I remember people saying secret world had a good story
>>
Why isnt it on Steam yet? Fuck downloading the whole game again
>>
>>381690523
>How's this as a sp mmo?
I am loving it so far.
>>
>>381689624
Old weapon system:
>pick whatever weapons you want right away
>fill your bar with whatever abilities you want, only exception being that you can only have 1 of each kind of elite ability

New system:
>you can't just pick any combination of weapons you want, you must choose one of the 9 classes (which bring no benefits over the old system, each "class" is just a combination of 2 weapons to start with)
>in addition to elite skills, you can also only have 1 basic ability equipped
>that basic ability MUST correspond to your primary weapon and must be attached to the left mouse button

and combat is still mechanically identical, there's no change in how the game makes your abilities hit the enemies. the crosshair is a completely pointless addition.
>>
>>381690520
There are stat boosts that you don't have to equip
>>
>>381690539
1. Start the patcher for Legends, and then close it after it's downloaded stuff for a few seconds
2. Go to the steam folder where TSW is installed
3. Copy the "RDB" folder here and go to your Legends folder
4. Paste the "RDB" folder into your Legends directory (if there is already an RDB folder here, delete it first)
5. Run Legends patcher again, enjoy a ~1GB download.
>>
>>381686983
you can port your char, you useless waste of air
>>
>>381691143
You can't, you can only import the dressing and unlock the weapons achievement.
>>
File: 131944297651.png (13KB, 679x427px) Image search: [Google]
131944297651.png
13KB, 679x427px
>>381691241
>You can't
i take it back
cancelling the download
thanks anon, sorry for being rude
>>
>>381690684
>the crosshair is a completely pointless addition.
I disagree it feels much better and I can have some skills on my mouse now
The combat also feels better, it's not a clusterfuck like it was before
>>
>>381685769
Thanks nigs, downloadan
Gonna jack off while it's downloading
>>
>>381685769
I haven't played TSW in years. And considering that I left mainly because player community was pretty much dead, having problems to find people for low-mid end game raids.

I don't think they will gather big numbers for this, they only do this to milk out devout fans of the TSW.
>>
File: GyakutenSaiban3-558.png (191KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
GyakutenSaiban3-558.png
191KB, 960x640px
The new customization change are the most retarded changes i have ever seen
>removed single face features likes nose, chin, eyebrow and mouths.
>only way to change single features are using "HEADS" and "FACES" but
>change multiple features at once
>most if not all female heads are hideous
>they removed 12# head, which was the only good head to make gorgeous and cute girls for no fucking reason.
>no barbershops to change your apperenaces
The editor was fucking barebones already and they managed to make it even more basic.
I wasted 2 hours trying to make my character similar to the one i did on the original game but now i can't because they removed a fucking head for no fucking reason.
>>
>>381685769
because it is downloading at like 15kbs.
>>
>>381692030
there's a barber in london and a plastic surgeon in nyc, but they're deactivated at the moment

how much do you wanna bet that those cut features will return, but only available at the plastic surgeon for a reasonable fee? :^)
>>
File: laugh stop.png (200KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
laugh stop.png
200KB, 356x256px
>>381692541
I just want my 12# fucking face.
Making an 60' asian looking old women with frecklers with plain/white body color feels just wrong.
I can't find a way to make cute girls at all.
>>
File: MMO mouse.jpg (180KB, 1500x1169px) Image search: [Google]
MMO mouse.jpg
180KB, 1500x1169px
>>381691353
>I can have some skills on my mouse now

If you're going to play MMOs do yourself a favor and get an MMO mouse. It's just so much easier to play. Plus it works great for hack and slash rpgs like Diablo, and MOBAs as well.
>>
>Secret Worlds
I'm always mistake this one with World of Darkness Online
>>
I capped out in TSW and TSWL with zero promises of Season 2 feels to me a lot like Augment grindan and Museum grindan--funcom giving you grindan for a year in the hopes next year you'll get real content. Instead they fucking diddled around making The Park and Hide & Shriek (LP bait for Halloween)

I mean, I'm playing it, I guess. But I doubt i'll invest much energy into it, sad. (and very likely no money.)
>>
File: Patrick_Stewart_Head_Shot.jpg (440KB, 1691x2343px) Image search: [Google]
Patrick_Stewart_Head_Shot.jpg
440KB, 1691x2343px
Korean cash shop games survive because they at least have attractive characters that players will pay money to sculpt and dress up. Why wouldn't funcom update their character models if they were going to try the same thing? All the faces are still fugly as ever.
>>
>>381693770
WoD never looked good anyways.
>>
I'm confused, guys. SWL has been getting mixed reviews so far and I don't really know what to make of it. I didn't play TSW because it wasn't free.

I've heard it's best to play it as though it's a single-player game. Is that true?
>>
>>381685769
Did your stupid brain realize the head start is only for those who previously owned TSW?
Fucking Templars and Dragons, I swear.
>>
>>381695137
Its open for everyone now.
>>
>>381694946

You can single player through everything and the SP content really is pretty good. It would've been a great single player RPG. The new combat system is...eh, I actually liked the synergy in the wheel more but I won't pretend that the wheel wasn't chock-full of filler abilities.

The reboot is being shit on hard because there's an ocean of salt for it in TSW community, and Funcom's typical ineptitude only further aggravates it. I mean, people's TSW installations tried to forcibly update to TSWL. I pretty much assume they're turning off TSW entirely in august when they're set to stop offering the account linking.
>>
I got an email saying that my secret world account should get me into the head start but I can't log into legends at all. I've been to the funco site and changed my password but it still doesn't accept my account. The legends website won't let me log-in either and doesn't do anything when I try to send a lost password request using my username or email.
I'd quit and play MxM or something but I already spent 8 hours downloading and installing everything so I might as well wait 2 days and make a new account to see what's up. I really loved playing The Secret World but it's always been dead outside running nightmare dungeons, I thought it'd be great to play with other people for a change.
>>
>>381689607
>The combat is the same
Not exactly
>>
File: 1497272598349.png (763KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497272598349.png
763KB, 1280x720px
>>381695441
I didnt even get any email.
>>
>>381692030
Is that why I could only make a Latina or Dominican chicks if I try to make a female character?
>>
File: 1498025958735.png (123KB, 250x190px) Image search: [Google]
1498025958735.png
123KB, 250x190px
>Good MMO story now even more of a pain in the ass to play through.
>>
>>381695252

no its not
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgMWQ1tAJ_g
new combat looks meh desu, mostly due to shitty animations
still much better than the old one
>>
>>381695572
It was suppose to be more action but the gameplay feeling is the same as before.
>>
>>381685769
yaa
>>
>>381685769
Because I thought it was supposed to come out on the 26th
>>
>>381685769
I love how they completely fucked over everyone who bought their previous game by not giving them SHIT in this one. What a slap in the face.
>>
>>381696160
What makes the game shitty imo are not the animations, but the 'player experience', which is encompasses everything from combat to tooltips to sounds to animation.

I think the worst thing for me is how the guns and melee weapons 'feel'.

Guns feel like they have no 'impact' because it takes more than 5 shots to get the job done for smaller monsters and for bosses it feels like the prick of a needle.

Guns need to be made to feel stronger. Like have it take off a bigger chunk of enemy health. The worst thing you can do is make guns feel spammy against bulletsponge enemies. It's too late to do without completely overhauling the game again. Maybe bosses should have had multiple health bars than deplete quicker and more phases of a fight to make guns feel like they have more of an impact.

Swords had the potential to be good. But the one thing that singlehandedly ruined them was the AOE 360 degree sweep animation for every swing. Make it so it only hits what is in front of you, make swings deal more damage. Make enemies get staggered when hit to keep it more in line with games like TW3 or Diablo 3.
>>
Why in the fuck is the character creation so fucking weird now? What was wrong with the old one?
>>
>>381685769
I can't remember my login information and I want the free stuff.
>>
>>381698660
>Guns feel like they have no 'impact' because it takes more than 5 shots to get the job done for smaller monsters

Every weapon is like this, and was also like this in the original. They fixed nothing and improved nothing. This entire re-branding of the game is just a poor attempt to suck money from their existing players' wallets. It will probably go poorly.
>>
>>381697421
But you get to keep your cash shop clothing and mounts and stuff! Isn't that enough for spending $30 on the base game and $10 for each pack of 3 missions?

>>381698660
That's part of the animations. Every weapon sounds and feels so weak because nothing has any kind of impact behind it. Especially hammers which are the worst out of everything by an order of magnitude. Most people learn while animating that you stretch out and start and end while speeding up the middle to give the illusion of force, but not Funcom who's going to give you long awkward slow and perfectly even swings on every single move.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.