[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this design capable of a video game protagonist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_nl8maqayIl1u0zqjao1_1280.jpg (168KB, 1280x793px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nl8maqayIl1u0zqjao1_1280.jpg
168KB, 1280x793px
Is this design capable of a video game protagonist?
>>
>>381671801
Reminds me of Silent Hill's Heather with those eyes
>>
>>381671801
The design is sort of cute in that 'I know this girl could be a lot cuter if she let her hair down' kind of way. But the art is kind of crap. I like the scarf, scarves are cute.
>protagonist
Hah? No. I want to save her from a angry turtle or something. She can pretend to be competent afterwards.
>>
>>381671801
I suppose. Not sure how well it would animate though.
>>
Arrstyle is very Bastion.
>>
>female protagonist

lol
>>
>>381671801
What genre?
>>
>>381671801
It depends on the game itself
A protag needs to pop out when compared to other characters the world they live
She has kind of a bland safe design that doesn't seem all that memorable
She needs more unique details that are subtle but still recognizable
>>
File: COUNTRY HICKS.jpg (55KB, 340x400px) Image search: [Google]
COUNTRY HICKS.jpg
55KB, 340x400px
>>381671801
>spine-thin waist
She'd die if a weak gust of wind hit her.
>>
remind too much of bioshock girl.
>>
Not fond of those long thin feet, but I would play her game. She's a cutie.

>>381673165
>protag needs to pop out
No they don't. There's nothing wrong with a character that fits in with everyone else. You watch too much anime.
>>
File: 1498319790704 copy.jpg (202KB, 1280x793px) Image search: [Google]
1498319790704 copy.jpg
202KB, 1280x793px
>>381671801
She has a nice and clean silhouette which would be great for animating but this can clash with either other characters who are made of more interesting shapes or the environments depending on what the setting is. Take into account her occupation and think of what other things she might need. Is she an explorer, battle medic, archeologist? Then maybe several attachments that reflect her field would help convey that more. Heck even adding a canteen to her hip add more asymmetrical "weight" to the design and make it more interesting. Also the subdued blues and greys are good for war or city settings but the second you see a character with a cold color palette in any other environment they begin to stand out (for better or for worse) so take that into account. So I guess as a side character she has a solid design but for a main character she needs just a little more to stand out otherwise other characters have to be just as clean and subdued or they run the gambit of having the player think "I want to play that guy" instead of her.
>>
>>381671801
Depends on the game, if it's good then sure, if not then it's worthless.
Post game faggot, no one cares if it's just a design.
>>
>>381673207
>what's a cartoon
>>
>>381671801

She looks like a tumblr rip-off of Elizabeth from Biocock.
>>
>>381674186
That's pretty much what it is
read the file name
>>
>>381671801
What kind of long sleeved sweater ends mid-torso?
You just wanted to flaunt her hips but didn't find a better way?
>>
File: Short-Jean-Jackets-for-Women.jpg (794KB, 921x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Short-Jean-Jackets-for-Women.jpg
794KB, 921x1800px
>>381674930
Not him, that sort of thing exists. It's not meant to be functional, it's just to achieve a certain silhouette.
>>
>>381674930
>>381675234
I thought it was just waist size coat with a skirt strapped on top of it
>>
>>381671801
2D? 3D?
Where's the camera placed, how will we be seeing her in-game?
How does her color palette and design compare to the rest of the characters and the environment?
How will she be animated?

I can see it working, but there are a lot of questions to be answered first before I can say for sure.
>>
>>381671801
it's certainly eye catching, if I saw her in a thumbnail it would convince me to at least watch the trailer.
>>
>>381672927
that doesn't look like bastion at all. bastion has real chubby characters with thick limbs.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.