[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could you not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Untitled.png (132KB, 578x303px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
132KB, 578x303px
Could you not?
>>
Its a falseflag by some buttflustered LaMulana faggot.
>>
>>381667160
speculation
>>
It's really good tho
>>
File: 1473583099751.jpg (14KB, 216x250px) Image search: [Google]
1473583099751.jpg
14KB, 216x250px
>>381667268
>>
>>381667219
True, it could be an effort to troll said LaMulana faggot. Either way, it's going to end up with legitimate discussion of the game being shitposted to death, not that it hasn't happened already.
>>
>>381667054
Anyone who thinks this game is truly remarkable has no fucking clue about game design. The entire layout of the map and level design are terrible and only serve ONE purpose: To make the world feel huge. And it is huge. But why make a world huge when you don't have enough interesting things to fill it with? After the 100th copy pasted platform segment i got really fucking bored. Don't get me wrong, there's some really good things in this game, namely bosses, but it's all buried under so much shit design. And i'm saying that as someone who usually likes exploration in video games. The dull color palette, layouts and visual style really don't help. Exploring the same samey environments for 30+ hours (Did i mention the awful MAP system?) just gets stale. The only people who think this is good are people who think like this: "Bigger world = more content = more game = more hours, for 14,99€!" but honestly this game would've been 10 times better as a more condensed 8h or so experience.
>>
>>381668072
I hear you.
I really enjoyed a lot of it, but the map design is so bad at parts and had way too many redundant shortcuts. Doesnt help it tried to be huge but barely has any movement abilities to allow good progression.

Solid game but not even close to a masterpiece. Its the RE7 of the genre, does a lot right but too much wrong.
>>
>>381668072
>>381668464

Trying too hard, MaZe.
>>
>>381669163
you're delusional
>>
>>381668072
I'm kind of on the same page and would like to add that it starts off way too slow, it takes a few hours before you even have dash&walljump and get to properly explore the map.

I wouldn't call it terrible in any regard though
>>
>muh one thread to a game
This isn't /vg/, fuck off newshit.
>>
File: asd.webm (1MB, 300x110px) Image search: [Google]
asd.webm
1MB, 300x110px
>>381670810
and two days ago it was ten
>>
>>381670810
>20 same threads is better
No you fuck off faggot.
>>
Hollow Knight is extremely boring. One slow and shitty slash attack vs a bunch of enemies that barely fight back and who you don't ever have to try because attacking them gets you enough juice to just heal any damage you might've taken.

I got the first big upgrade (using the meter for a big projectile that does tons of damge instead) and refunded that shit. I don't really care if it "gets good when you get more abilities" if the opening in a game that's entirely about combat and LORE (AKA someone who couldn't even make it as a hack fiction writer vomiting bullshit at me every 5 minutes) is extremely boring and unsatisfying.

Valdis story is on sale too, has a similar concept of "you fell into this underground ancient city full of monsters" but has actually fun gameplay from the second you start it
>>
>>381668072
I couldn't disagree with you more. This is exactly how ever good metroidvania has ever been conceived. Its like an entire genre built on backtracking to find one secret room with a key.
>>
>>381670917
>5 threads
>2 of which are autosaging or archived
>1 which is just a shitpost thread
>the other is this very thread
Sure showed me
>>381670961
Show me 20
>>
>>381670917
how horrifying
>>
>>381670018

And you keep posting with sentences that aren't capitalized. If you're not maze, then you're the same shitposter that's been in every other thread.
>>
>>381671504
I don't know anything about this mulana game or this maze that apparently shills that game, yes I've been in these ten or so hollow shit threads
>>
>>381671621
you're too transparent.
>>
>>381671723
oh shit I'm fading away
>>
>>381671504
>And you keep posting with sentences that aren't capitalized
>hey guys look at me I noticed something half the posters on this site do it must be that one shill
How desperate. The games mediocre, get over it, and thats coming from someone who bought it and enjoyed it quite a bit. The badges or pins or whatever hardly added depth and if anything just added broken overpower builds which detracts from the entire point of the game.
>>
>>381670917
>pointing at the thread with some random real beetle
kek
>>
>>381667054
Hollow Shill
>>
File: stat.jpg (64KB, 375x462px) Image search: [Google]
stat.jpg
64KB, 375x462px
To all the faggot who jump on every Hollow Knight thread to call other people shill

Hollow Knight only has 150k sale on Steam at $15 while fucking No Man's Fucking Sky got on almost 1 million sale at $60.

This is the kind of atrocity that's killing good video game and you faggot are a part of it.
>>
>>381673570
>s-shill harder
>>
File: 1434325324.png (18KB, 254x274px) Image search: [Google]
1434325324.png
18KB, 254x274px
>>381668464
>but barely has any movement abilities to allow good progression.

>double jump
>wall jump
>crystal launch
>dash
>>
>>381667054
Why is this allowed
>>
>>381673976
>4 abilities is enough compared to the bnumerous tools other platformers give you
Yeah you can stop now. Walljumps should have been in from the beginning and had another ability for later game.
Oh and the crystal dash is the woirst fucking powerup ever.
>hurr you can go sideways
Wow its fucking nothing. A better map and another jump or a way to move through the air easier would have been infinitely better. Theres a reason you posted a picture of samus
>>
>>381674772
>Walljumps should have been in from the beginning and had another ability for later game.

HK's power distribution is exactly like Castllevania

Fuck, Castlevania did not even have fucking wall jump and /v/ kiss its ass like a 2 dollar whore
>>
>>381675218
I dont like casltevania aside from the classic style.
HK was fun but no where near metroid. Whats stupid is HK does a shit load more than a ton of these games yet plays s much worse.

I love platforming in ori, its smooth and theres plenty of chances to keep great momentum and the shorcuts are well thought out. HK has a lot more depth in combat and world but falls flat on its face in the actual platforming. Its just so boring to actually play because the combat never goes anywhere and it seems like the main fiocus where that was never the case for other titles in the genre. Combat was always meh in so many other fantastic games but it was okay because it was never the main draw of the game like HK tries to make it.
>>
>>381674772
Disregarding the fast travel system, crystal dash is perfect for moving around the map quickly since you can just wall jump to the top of a room and dash across the entire thing. I really don't see what other movement options you really need besides maybe a fast fall.
>>
>>381675787
>crystal dash is perfect for moving around the map quickly
>80% of rooms are tons of up and down with obstacles at every turn
Yeah its useless. Having an ability thats only good in a dozen rooms and suppose to be an end game movement option is a failure in design.
>>
>>381676132
I'm sorry it didn't work for you, but I never had any issues getting around the map once I was at the level that I was heavily backtracking.
>>
>>381676224
>I'm sorry it didn't work for you
Yeah me too.

I also think the stag stations are bad level design but fuck it, you wouldnt be able to spend currency easily otherwise. Which I also think was a mistake. Having shops.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.