[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think it looks great. Fuck you.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 42

File: Metroid_Samus_Returns.jpg (24KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_Samus_Returns.jpg
24KB, 250x250px
I think it looks great. Fuck you.
>>
>>381662114

t. Mercury Stream employee
>>
>>381662114
so far it LOOKS good
but will it be good?
MercurySteam only made mediocre games so far
>>
>>381663581
People who played it hands-on said it played great.
>>
>>381663581
>>381663505
MS are just code monkeys, thankfully. I have faith.
>>
>>381662114
I can't wait, I plan to buy this and a New 3DS, I wonder will Metroid Dread be made for the 3DS or Switch?
>>
>>381664335
>Metroid Dread
Let it the fuck go, Anon, Sakamoto himself said it's not happening.
>>
>>381662114
Who are you quoting?
>>
Yeah it looks alright but I can't help thinking the 2D sprites of AM2R spoiled me. Had I not already played AM2R multiple times, I probably would have thought the 2.5D looked great.
>>
nah, it could have been a glorious 2d metroid
>>
>>381664438
No he didn't.
>>
>>381662114
Mercury steam
>>
File: 1483582894609.jpg (162KB, 800x821px) Image search: [Google]
1483582894609.jpg
162KB, 800x821px
>>381665567
please fuck off back to >>>/s4s/, thank you
>>
>>381664438
This is what happens when you miss reading the recent IGN interview.
>>
My biggest fear is that AM2Rfags will make the sales tank.
>>
>>381667985
If they want the Metroid series to continue then they better stop acting like ignorant asshurt faggots and just buy the fucking game.
>>
File: Fuck YOU.png (456KB, 585x389px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck YOU.png
456KB, 585x389px
>>381662114
Well, fuck you!
>>
>>381668597
>>381667985
The game will speak for itself; if it's better than AM2R then it will deserve the sales. If not, then, it begs the question as to why people should bother paying for an inferior product. If fans can produce something superior to the company's own efforts, there is no reason to mindlessly latch to the company.
>>
>>381667985
Already happening. Dumbasses can't understand business and will shit on nintendo for """"taking it down"""" even though you can find it along with its updates in about 3 seconds on google. Even the dev said he was perfectly fine with it.
>>
>>381669175
>The game will speak for itself
You say that, but the hate was so big on Other M that it made people hat on Federation Force despite it being a fun multiplayer game...

Maybe that was on purpose? Nintendo know the hate was still there so they released Fed Force as a buffer to take the heat?
>>
>implying a couple of shitposting AM2R fags on a cantonese-rice-frying imageboard will somehow alter the sales of this game
>>
>>381669175
Samus Returns is so substantially different from AM2R that it doesn't matter if it's better. It's a whole new game.
>>
>>381669371
Federation Force wasn't just hated because of other M, it was also hated because it's been seven fucking years since a proper Metroid of any kind came out. It's like a Banjo Nuts and Bolts situation rather than anything else. It was just poorly timed.
>>
Zero Mission was one of my favorite Metroid games, isn't this pretty much just that but with Metroid 2? I really don't see how anyone could fuck it up THAT bad, y'all have too little faith.
>>
I don't understand the division anyway, I like to see it as a two part metroid II
think about it, SR-388 is an huge planet, surely samus can't eradicate an entire race by exploring a couple of cave right?
So it's like, done in two parts, y'know?
>>
>>381669679
>it was also hated because it's been seven fucking years since a proper Metroid
That's still not a valid reason to hate a game. If he game is good, you don't hate it.

>t. It's like a Banjo Nuts and Bolts situation
No.
1. Nuts and bolts was not a spinn-off but considered as a legitimate sequel to Tooie
2. Nuts and bolts was bad.
>>
>>381669747
People just likes being pessimistic. Nothing new. Every single one of the people that got their hands on the game at E3 said that it played fantastic and looked gorgeous on the actual console (you know, without it being streamed on a big screen...) I'm not worried at all and nobody should be.
>>
>>381669175
Doesn't really matter, Samus Returns is an official remake over some fan shit.
>>
>literally everyone will pirate it
>New 2D METROID will never be made again
>Fanboys will cry about it despite not actually buying the game.
>>
>>381669883
>Nuts and bolts was bad
Like hell it was.
It was a perfectly fine game for vehicle creation fuckery and had shitloads to do with that concept. It was simply not a banjo game. Additionally, whether it was considered a spinoff or not isn't the issue; rather, the issue inherent is the fact that people were starved for what they wanted, but the next offering related to the franchise was perceived as the antithesis of what they wanted from it. Ergo, it is a very similar situation marketing-wise.
>>
>>381669175
SR has already proven itself to be better than AM2R in one regard: fighting Metroids isn't a pain in the fucking ass.
>>
>>381669883
>That's still not a valid reason to hate a game. If he game is good, you don't hate it.

Nigga you're talking to an entitled shit fanbase that disliked the trailer of sushi striker because they THOUGHT it would be smash.
>>
>>381670026
>some fan shit
AM2R isn't just a better version of 2, its better than any of the GBA games period, all you are doing is proving you didn't play it, faggot.
>>
>>381670185
Or who decided from one day to an other to suddenly hate rosalina because they thought she had somehow stolen the spot of daisy.
>>
>>381670281
>shit ost in comparison to gba titles
>shit sprites for the metroids
>shit animations for the metroids
>shit effects for space jump
>shit effects for beam

I liked the game as a whole just because I was blinded by the fact it was a "new" metroid game after all these years. I played it again recently and I laughed at it.
>>
>>381670026
Why would it matter if it's official, my marketer friend? I can understand that it's good to support the official continuation of a preexisting franchise for the purpose of ensuring its continuation and if the game is as good as people hope it will be well worth supporting; but, in the case that it isn't, is it really worth supporting an inferior product and thereby promoting the inferior product as being within acceptable parameters for future products? It strikes me that your argument is promoting the idea that there will be nothing of this sort in the future if people don't flock to this product, in spite of the fact that passion projects like AM2R crop up on their own regardless of it. Ergo, I can't see your argument as being terribly well reasoned if you look at all the facts as they are.
>>
>>381663581
Nintendo backing does stand for a lot.
If you look at literally everything every former employee of retro has made it's all been shit yet somehow prime is a masterpiece.
>>
>>381670106
>Additionally, whether it was considered a spinoff or not isn't the issue; rather, the issue inherent is the fact that people were starved for what they wanted, but the next offering related to the franchise was perceived as the antithesis of what they wanted from it. Ergo, it is a very similar situation marketing-wise.
This is where I disagree with you. Fed Force isn't a game that was stuck in development hell while being anticipated by the fans for years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLWLdO9GLWM
Fan Hated nuts and Bolts because they really feel like it took over the game they were actually expecting. Fed Force never stole anyone's spot and it wasn't released in place of a different game that wasn't announced.
A better comparison to what Nuts and bolt is would be if, a few month before Breath of the Wild came out, it was suddenly announced that Breath of the Wild would actually be a Horse breeding game, leaving out anything else after years of hype.
>>
>>381670613
nice blog post. if only you put this much effort into your life, you wouldn't be arguing about video games on the Internet
>>
>>381670976
That's a fair point and definitely highlights where the two instances differ.
>>
>>381670976
>it was suddenly announced that Breath of the Wild would actually be a Horse breeding game
It isn't?
>>
>>381669883
>That's still not a valid reason to hate a game. If he game is good, you don't hate it.

Yeah but it's understandable if you aren't an aspie

It's like of someone was dying of thirst and you were their only hope for water, and instead you offer them spicy food. It could be fucking delicious, but they'd have every right to tear your eyes out because what you have done can only be interpreted as a transgression.
>>
>>381669175
>If fans can produce something superior to the company's own efforts, there is no reason to mindlessly latch to the company.

Except AM2R is one of a kind right now for metroid fan games and it took around 10 years to make
>>
>>381662114
>I think it looks great
In what sense? The 30fps gameplay? The janky 3D models? The "cinematic" animations that disrupt the gameplay? The bland, lifeless environments?
>>
>>381669371
The artstyle alone made it deserving of so much backlash. When you take a franchise known for it's atmosphere and completely butcher it with some chibi shit design, fans will get upset.
>>
>>381672025
I think it was a nice way to mark itself as a spinn-off, have a visually striking appearance to indicate it's not art of the main line.
>>
>>381669747
>Zero Mission was one of my favorite Metroid games, isn't this pretty much just that but with Metroid 2?
No, not at all.
>>
>>381670861
Other M
>>
File: 1477247040053.jpg (79KB, 450x330px) Image search: [Google]
1477247040053.jpg
79KB, 450x330px
>>381671574
>>
>>381669175
>If fans can produce something superior to the company's own efforts

Keep in mind that "the company" actually produced the source material of AM2R lol. "company" already proved that they can make a good 2D metroid game since they made uuuuh 5
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84KB, 960x720px
>>381663581
>>381663916

The only good game MercurySteam ever made was pic related... back before they were actually MercurySteam
>>
>>381672304
Other M wasn't done by Retrostudio.
>>
>>381672379
>Nintendo backing does stand for a lot
>>
>>381670976
The bait and switch they did between the trailer for a new banjo game and the reveal that it was a spin-off was 100% asshole and far worse than anything Nintendo did with Metroid. That's true.

But none of that supports a disagreement with what that anon said. He's exactly right. Metroid fans wanted a mainline metroid game, and after waiting a long time, they had something superficially similar and inadequate presented to them at a bad time. It made a lot of fans mad and Nintendo should've known better. They thought they were just announcing a game when they were in fact teasing a fan base that did not have the patience to be teased.

If federation force got announced a year or two after a mainline metroid game release, that reaction wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>381672201
I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. I get your point, but I still can't stand the look of Federation Force.
>>
>>381672025
God shut up

They literally made a pinball game and everyone was fine with it. If you take metroid that seriously you really need to kill yourself.
>>
If you care at all about the future of 2D Metroid, you should buy this game. If you pirate it then I hope you get anally fisted by King Kong.
>>
File: tomoko cup.jpg (63KB, 715x722px) Image search: [Google]
tomoko cup.jpg
63KB, 715x722px
>>381672304
see that's a case of a really fucking good developer getting some absurdly shitty direction.

Please bare in mind that we know nothing about the creative process behind the game
and how at first glance it seems like Tea Ninja had enough creative freedom to turn it into a light character action game,
yet there were tons of things in terms of narrative, level design and painfully shallow mechanics that are not at all reminiscent of the studio.

Only assumption I can make is that Sakamoto fucked it up, however with Metroid 2 they already have a template of sorts to work with,
the worst thing they can do is add these optional casual mechanics and a parry that may or may not be baller as fuck.

Otherwise there's very little that can go wrong here
and I do not believe the worst case scenario wouldn't also still be a perfectly decent Metroid game
that is worth buying just to make sure more titles will be made in the future.

I still don't understand how people call Fusion "good tier" when it's pretty similar to pretty much everything they could fuck up in this game.
Screams hypocrisy if you ask me.
>>
>>381672468
>Metroid fans wanted a mainline metroid game, and after waiting a long time, they had something superficially similar and inadequate presented to them at a bad time. It made a lot of fans mad and Nintendo should've known better.
Metroid fans should actually know that MEtroid isa series with a slow output. There was 8 years between super and Fusion/prime, after all. And a spin-off doesn't mean no new metroid games will ever come.
>>
>>381672761
>If you care at all about the future of 2D Metroid, you should buy this game
Fuck you, you should buy games if they are good, not because of some retarded sense of obligation.
>>
>>381672875
>people liking fusion
what crazy universe do you come from? everyone hates fusion. it's shit tier and as bad as other m
>>
File: Hades.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Hades.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>381673009
see
>>381672875
The biggest problem with people like you is that they see everything with such an incredibly cynical eye
that even a somewhat favorable scenario wouldn't satisfy you because you're painfully blinded by what you wanted instead.

You don't care if Samus Returns ends up being a good game that's worth supporting.
You only care about what you want and what AM2R, a fan game that took almost 10 years to make by one person,
therefore having unrealistically high amounts of creative freedom and no deadlines to meet whatsoever,
has done to your already stupidly high expectations.

You people will never be satisfied because you're bitter and scream bloody murder
when a spinoff like Federation Force gets released like it's he end of the franchise.
Then you get 2 fucking metroid games and you still hesitate to make the move.

You'd abandon a franchise for like 2 titles in the series as if you give a single shit,
yet you wouldn't do the same drastic measurements to support it, you hypocritical piece of shit.
>>
>>381672893
Yeah, they should know for their own good

And we told people who were assblasted that a spin-off does not take time or resources away from a mainline game. They can even release in similar time frames because very different games aren't competitors despite sharing a name.

But it's still socially retarded to produce and announce a game like that when a fan base is foaming at the mouth. It's stupid unrealistic, but everyone watches E3/Direct with optimism that they will get what they want. It doesn't matter if you know it doesn't work like that, you still hope. And the first job of video game producers is to find the easiest way to break bad news because there's always way more games that aren't being made than are being made.
>>
>>381673495
nice blog post. if only you put this much effort into your life, you wouldn't be arguing about video games on the Internet
>>
Realistically, what kind of sales will Samus Returns pull?
>>
>>381673260
look up a bunch of tier lists from /v/ and show me how many times it's listed as less than "worth checking out", let alone on par with Other M?
>>
>>381673260
A lot of people like Fusion. I do.
>>
>>381662114
It generally looks good, I'm definitely gonna buy it. The only iffy elements are the Aeion abilities and the melee counter. No idea if they're actually necessary to beat the game or if they're just a crutch for casuals.
>>
>>381673559
You're the reason this board has gone to shit and will continue to.
>>
>>381662114
Might be good might be bad. I'm going to wait to play it first.
>>
>>381672875
>Please bare in mind that we know nothing about the creative process behind the game

That's not exactly true, we know that Sakamoto was responsible for the story, the controls, even the look of the Gravity Suit. Sakamoto's fingerprints are all over the game.
>>
>>381673260
You either have a selective memory or haven't been in enough metroid threads.

Overall you don't have to like fusion, but you're a pleb if you don't appreciate the fact that it's the only challenging 2D metroid since 1 & 2 and it's actually really fun to not tank and canon fodder every enemy in the game.
>>
>>381673615
Same here. Fusion's my favourite Metroid.
>>
>>381673638
It doesn't look like they're necessary. Expect to see a lot of "no melee" runs attempted.
>>
>>381673575
According to wikipedia, there are 66 million 3ds in the world.
The trailer for samus returns was viewed 2 million times on youtube.

So i'd say about 0.7 million at worst or if they release some trash trailer or even let the hype fall down
However considering mostly kids have a 3ds, if the cover of the game stays the same (with samus looking very shiny, robotic and "badass") the kids will probably be more inclined to buy it

overall 1.5 million is my prediction.
>>
>>381672875
>I still don't understand how people call Fusion "good tier"

Because we're bothered by how casual the other games are
>>
>>381674115
>According to wikipedia, there are 66 million 3ds in the world.
Hmmm, much likely lees, lots of people rebought latter editions.

3DS is on the way to redo a gameboy.
>>
>>381673615
Fusion is amazing, and undeniably kino.
>>
>>381673495
I haven't played AM2R or Federation Force, nor do I really have an opinion about either of them. The fact is that saying "buy Samus Returns to show support for the franchise regardless of how good the game is" is fucking retarded, and it allows companies to get away with making shit games because the desperate fanboys will buy them anyway.
>>
>>381673615
Fusion has the best atmosphere of any of the 2D games
>>
>>381674330
I don't know much about the 3ds, but won't
samus return be playable on the first editions of the handheld? Or the 2ds?
>>
>>381673575
>what kind of sales will Samus Returns pull?
500k would be my generous estimate. If the game actually looked convincingly great from the footage they showed it might be 1mil, but it didn't.
>>
>>381674115
I think a lot of it will come down to review scores. Many people are using their 3DS systems as paperweights now, if they haven't outright sold them, so I feel like the game will have to score well in order to get people interested in picking up a brand new game for their dusty old handheld. So far things look promising because every member of the press who got to play it said it was incredibly solid.
>>
>>381674387
Yea sure let's just generalize everything,
why actually try to look forward to things and support it, aka speaking with your wallet,
when you can just be a cynical twat who expects everyone and everything to have evil intentions.

You're part of the problem.
>>
File: 1377006107885.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1377006107885.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>381673260
man you sure look like a fucking retard right now
holy shit anon, how does it feel?
>>381673592
>>381673615
>>381674032
>>381674334
>>381674445
>>381673885

God DAMN
>>
>>381674582
>why actually try to look forward to things and support it, aka speaking with your wallet
I will speak with my wallet when a game is actually good. To me, a game being good matters more to me than a game having the word "Metroid" on the box. If gamers refuse to demand quality products from big companies like Nintendo, they won't bother making them.
>>
>>381674570
That's a relief for me, if the game becomes a "Must-play" title and sells enough that means we'll maybe get to see what happens after fusion
>>
>>381669883
People did the same thing with Triforce Heroes, when it's actually one of the best Zelda games if you're actually doing it multiplayer
>>
>>381674805
Nigga nobody is telling you to preorder the game or something
there will be multiple reviews up probably before release even and overall
it's gonna be really fucking obvious wether or not we have another Other M, Federation Force or Prime DS on our hands.
>>
>>381675078
>Nigga nobody is telling you to preorder the game or something
Except that this guy is
>>381672761
>>
>>381675173
Where the fuck does that say preorder anywhere you fucking mongoloid??
>>
>>381662114
It looks good. Unfortunately it will flop harder than Fed Force because of pirates.
>>
>>381675273
Semantics. He's saying "shut up and buy the game regardless of whether it turns out well".
>>
File: why the 3ds isn't dead.png (289KB, 911x761px) Image search: [Google]
why the 3ds isn't dead.png
289KB, 911x761px
>>381675652
piracy has been a thing since 2013 and it still hasnt stopped Nintendo from making money
>>
>>381675030
>Triforce Heroes

I love TFH. It's one of my favorite games of recent years. Fuck the haters.
>>
>>381675030
>People did the same thing with Triforce Heroes,
To a far much lesser extend and no one called it bad after it actually came out.

Zelda had the four sword series to back it up.
>>
File: 1498264382758.jpg (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498264382758.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
>>381673709
Stay mad nerd.
>>
>>381670281
>>381670613
I don't play fan shit, maybe next time the stupid mother fucker should make his own game instead of stealing Nintendo's ip.
>>
>>381675747
But most Metroid fans always look for reasons to not support their favorite series. They are fucking scum.
>>
I keep seeing Metroid threads in the catalog every day since Prime 4 got revealed so now I wanna get in the series. You marketers did a good job but where do I start?
>>
>>381662114
>Logo isn't tilted
hits me right in the autism
>>
>>381675652
>Wii and DS had more piracy than any other Nintendo consoles
>games sold better than any other Nintendo consoles
>>
>>381675886
Play Super. The rest is overrated.
>>
>>381662114
It does look good, you know that faggots will complain about anything. I already preordered it.
>>
>>381675975
This. Pirates are a minority. There's probably only like 50k haked 3DS, if that,
>>
File: metroid chart.png (2MB, 1563x3500px) Image search: [Google]
metroid chart.png
2MB, 1563x3500px
>>381675886
every thread
>>
>>381675030
>>381675775
You both have shit taste.

>>381676009
>Super
>not overrated
>>
>>381675975
Because casuals accidently picked up some of the Prime titles, thinking it was a FPS.
>>
>>381675701
he doesn't mention anything about the quality either.
If anything he's criticizing people who pirate it and don't support it.

Mario 3D World and Land sold insanely well yet Nintendo is now making a proper 3D Mario game
that core fans have been crying for for years, despite there not being any financial reason behind them doing so for the most part.

It's almost as if Nintendo actually listens to complains or something.
>>
>>381676117
Super is the only really good game in the series, overrated or not.
>>
>>381676074
>Zero Mission
>"Must Play"
Kill yourself.

>>381676137
I was taking about the consoles and piracy generally, retard.
>>
>>381676117
It isn't.
>>
>>381675886
>where do I start?
Zero Mission
>>
>>381675886
Start with Zero Mission.
>>
>>381670108
Also from what we've seen of the treehouse, the Metroids moveset are a lot more varied. In AM2R they have like 2 attacks, but in SR the Gamma could charge, shoot lighting, generate a lighting field, disperse a wave of energy, throw projectiles and place lightening on the floor.
>>
>>381676117
>You both have shit taste.

And you're a virgin that will never feel poon on his dick :)
>>
I think it's more of the sense that people are expecting a new mainline game of their favorite series and instead get shat on with something that looks like mii shovelware crap. Combine with the fear that the developers may never return to the core mainline of the game and instead only produce non-canon mini game stuff or endless cameos, etc.

Think with Capcom and how thirsty Dark Stalkers & Mega Man fags are when they haven't had a mainline game in decades.

But then they got Breath of the Wild and it was fucking glorious. Hopefully Prime 4 will do the same. (Though can we really consider Prime a core mainline game?)

Fuck all you know what I mean.
>>
>>381672761
I'm buying the shit out of this, I want Metroid Dread.

Okay can the MODs fix the stupid reCAPTCHA shit, please.
>>
>>381676272
This.
>>
>>381676117

calm down nerd
>>
>>381676253
Zero Mission is fucking great.
>>
>>381676117
If you didn't like TFH, then you must hate good games.
>>
>>381676398
I don't get how Prime isn't considered a mediocre spin-off series in general.
>>
>>381676398
The artstyle is definitely the biggest crime of FF, chibi is a word that should never be uttered in the same sentence as Metroid and even with that the game just looks bad.
If it looked like hunters but higher res and such then people likely would've been a lot more receptive.
There's been some interest in a federation spin off but people have been imagining something like Metroid: ODST not Metroid chibi soccer.
>>
>>381676253
autism
>>
>>381676756
Because it isn't mediocre ?
>>
>>381676808
All die-hard Metroid fans are autists. Can you imagine any other fanbase starting a petition AGAINST the release of a new gane in their supposedly favorite series?
>>
>>381677058
Maybe it isn't to people who aren't fans of real Metroid games. *shrugs*
>>
File: 1386058668670.jpg (519KB, 971x962px) Image search: [Google]
1386058668670.jpg
519KB, 971x962px
>>
>>381675747
I'm still questioning if Metroi Dread will be on the 3DS after Samus Returns.
>>
>>381677234
>*actions*
Get out.
>>
>>381677234
>People who like fewer Metroid games are not real Metroid fans
>>
>>381676756
I question that myself
>>
File: 1487653840132.jpg (227KB, 1024x1820px) Image search: [Google]
1487653840132.jpg
227KB, 1024x1820px
>>
>>381677234
cringe lmao. There's a lot of stuff that made the prime serie (especially 1/2) good. If you can't see them, well you're either not a fan, either retarded. Maybe both.
>>
>>381677452
It is possible to enjoy mediocre spin-off entries in series that you like, you know?
>>
>>381677695
>Mediocre spinoff entries
Oh, you're just talking about Hunters and Pinball then? Yeah, I liked those.
>>
>>381677695
Meh, Federation Force was enjoyable I suppose.
>>
>>381677527
you're my favorite poster in these threads
>>
File: 1487650832099.jpg (238KB, 705x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1487650832099.jpg
238KB, 705x1134px
>>
>>381677527
Samus is not a beach bimbo.
>>
>>381676757
Nobody wants Metroid ODST you faggot.
All Metroid spinoffs are cancer just like you you worthless piece of shit.
Anybody who actually wants Metroid game that isn't a 2d Metroidvania should kill themselves.
>>
I think it's horrifically unfair and idiotic to judge Nintendo harshly for making a remake of their own game because a fan did it first.
>>
>>381677464
IGN: "I had to ask, was this project tied in any way to the illusive Metroid Dread, a sequel hinted at in Metroid Prime 3?"

Sakamoto: "I think it’s better to say that this is a remake, remastering of Metroid 2, a powered-up version of that, and not something to do with the other project."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/14/e3-2017-metroid-samus-returns-hands-on-a-welcome-upgrade
>>
File: 1369668292254.png (252KB, 470x404px) Image search: [Google]
1369668292254.png
252KB, 470x404px
>still no Samus Returns footage without commentary
I just wanna listen to the new music and sounds.
>>
>>381678948
This, 2009-2011 was the worst time to be a Halo fan but at least Halo Anniversary suffice for 2011 after the disaster that was 2009 and 2010.
>>
>>381679261
This is the closest you'll get

You can hear Prime sound effects and a nice remix at ~9 minutes
>>
The fact that the vast majority of reactions to Samus Returns are bitter grudgefests clinging to a fan game proves that Metroid has the worst, most entitled fans in the fucking world.
>>
>>381678948

Blah blah blah faggot blah blah blah blah
>>
>>381679361
>>381679261
and I forgot the link like a retard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK-CQYdkKoM
>>
>>381679394
Suck my dick and choke on it you Nintendo apologist
>>
>>381679394
>the vast majority of reactions to Samus Returns are bitter grudgefests
What universe are you in? 90% of metroid fans are either completely pumped or cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>381679449
I downloaded the video and tried to remove any voices from the audio section, but I must have done something wrong or the footage wasn't suitable as I only made it much worse.

Thanks anyway!
>>
>>381672875
A majority of the hate I'm seeing for Samus Returns seems to come more from Super Metroid fanboys who thought Fusion was a bad game than people who enjoyed both 2D titles.
>>
Stuck in AM2R. I'm in the distribution centre, with the gun cancelling field.

I need to explode a power bomb. But I have no ammo. And nothing in here gives power bomb ammo (that I can tell, those fucking insect things don't seem to drop power bomb ammo. Have i gotten stuck? Do I need to reload?
>>
>>381678948

But I enjoyed the Metroid Prime games.

Why aren't we allowed to like both the mainline & the spinoffs?
>>
>>381679964
Nevermind, hurr, i'm just retarded.
>>
>>381679964

I was stuck there for a while, just keep sniffing around and you'll find the way out.
>>
>>381679964
Possibly
As much as people go on and on about how greatly it's designed, I encountered several places where I was permanently stuck and had to restart
>>
>>381680107
You weren't stuck, you're just a moron
>>
File: 1498133114363.jpg (26KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1498133114363.jpg
26KB, 420x420px
I really don't get all this collective hate. I really don't give a fuck about the developer I'm just glad we're getting another Metroid game. Plus why would you compare AM2R to samus returns? Just be glad we live in a world where we get two different takes on the game. If I don't like the new samus returns I'll go play AM2R if I get bored of AM2R ill play samus returns. Feels good being an idort and watching all these autists arguing about trite shit
>>
>>381679394
>The fact that the vast majority of reactions to Samus Returns are bitter grudgefests
The fuck? Most people loved that announcement.
>>
>>381662114

Wasn't this game not canon?
>>
What is the general reaction to Samus Returns outside of /v/? Is it positive or negative?
>>
>>381680437
Positive with some slight caution about MercurySteams involvement and the graphics.
>>
File: E3 reveals.png (63KB, 864x480px) Image search: [Google]
E3 reveals.png
63KB, 864x480px
>>381680184
It's the vocal minority

people are actually excited
>>
>>381680412
Uh? No! it was always canon. Samus returns will expend on the story of Metroid 2 like Zero mission did on Metroid 1, but that's it.
>>
>>381680494

Isnt the super and fusion director in charge? Isn't that a good sign?
>>
>>381680608
It would be if Other M wasn't still fresh on the mind, given he was in charge of that too.
>>
File: steve nash.gif (1MB, 266x268px) Image search: [Google]
steve nash.gif
1MB, 266x268px
>>381680587
lol this isn't a new IP you were posting in this thread. People we're saying you were a bot but I wanted to test it

Do you really go into every thread on /v/ and check to see if people are posting cropped MLP images?
>>
Stop replying to AC fag retards
>>
File: 1366250809998.gif (1022KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1366250809998.gif
1022KB, 500x250px
>>381680184
In reality they just played a little of AM2R and talked shit about Nintendo since they didn't think Nintendo would actually make a new game and they can't put their money where their mouth is since they feel like they should be justified in their pirating.

These people are just leeches who just don't want to admit they just pirate because they want to rather than make it some kind of justified crusade.

I'm not even a Metroid fan but I'm getting this as it looks tight and I enjoyed Prime so I'll get the one on Switch too.

If you buy something more will be made, basic economics but the communists will always argue otherwise.
>>
File: Issue_4_Vomit.png (2MB, 1095x1697px) Image search: [Google]
Issue_4_Vomit.png
2MB, 1095x1697px
>>381662114
>2.5D
>>
>>381680587
Didn't you ever tell yourself that maybe if you stopped replying to people, they would stop posting MLP crops?
>>
Why are AM2R fags against this when the creator himself is excited?
>>
>>381680178
No there are specific points you can get permanently stuck.
I went back after getting speed booster to look for secrets. There's one where you have to speed boost up through the ceiling to get into another room.
However after getting there you have to use a power bomb to get out. I did not have power bombs yet and restart.
This is something you literally will never encounter in any other official Metroid game made by competent designers outside of some very very extreme sequence breaking in super Metroid.
>>
>>381680752
It's rule of thumb that if he knows its something he'll call it out and if he actually posted it it will come with the source.

Also it's not just /v/, he's a site problem.
>>
>>381680971
Because they have a lower IQ than a house plant.
>>
>>381679918
>Super Metroid fanboys
The Halo 2/3 fanboys of Metroid.
>>
>>381680971
Why do you keep dishonestly scapegoating "AM2R fags" for the lukewarm reaction to this game? It just doesn't look that great.
>>
>>381681363
>lukewarm reaction

The reaction seems pretty positive overall. The naysayers are definitely a minority.
>>
>>381662114
It does look really good. I have no idea why some people are spazzing out since it looks like it plays just like 2D Metroid with new features
>>
>>381680608
There's four important Metroid veterans working on SR:

>Yoshio Sakamoto (producer)
>Takehiko Hosokawa (director/level designer)
>Kenji Yamamoto (composer)
>Minako Hamano (composer)

Hosokawa was previously the system director and game designer for Fusion and one of the level designers for Zero Mission. Outside of the melee counter mechanic, it seems like MercurySteam's just doing mostly the coding/programming while the actual direction and level design is coming from Nintendo.
>>
>>381669175
>People still think a fan game that stole it's assets from Zero Mission and doesn't have all the features of the original Metroid 2 will somehow be better then a game not made in fucking game maker
>>
>>381681363
>lukewarm reaction
Uh huh
>>
>>381681032
>if he actually posted it
Which has never happened
>>
>>381670281
>Better then 2
>Missiles don't hurt Metroids
>>
Predict the Metacritic score.
>>
>>381676074
Is GameCube Prime 1 better then Wii Prime 1?
>>
>>381682241
Yes if you're a sequence breaker (and playing the original NA version), no if you're a casual.
>>
File: exploration.webm (2MB, 708x720px) Image search: [Google]
exploration.webm
2MB, 708x720px
>>381682150
>>
>>381682328
What if I just want to play the game and not sequence break?
>>
>>381682241
Depends on your stance on motion controls. Personally I think the motion controls for Prime 1 are fantastic, it's like using a mouse to aim, and the GameCube version is a bit clunky by comparison because you can't aim and move at the same time.

The Wii version did cut some atmospheric visual effects and completely change some of the scan logs, but if that kind of thing doesn't matter to you then you'll be fine.
>>
>>381682409
Like I said, the Wii version is comfier.
>>
>>381682150

it will be a fresh start for more 2D Metroid games, hopefully
>>
>>381682150
Literally every early impression has been very positive so I'm gonna say 90+
>>
>>381682150
>>
>>381682450
What did they change? I have the trilogy on my WiiU but I could always emulate the game be version of prime 1
>>
>>381682241
yes, but only if it's the US version due to extra tidbits of lore that were taken out in the Wii version to match the inferior PAL version.

also, the game is harder without motion controls.
>>
>>381682371
This looks fantastic
>>
>>381682540

Some water effects were removed down and so were the arm cannon effects when you charge a beam.
On the other hand, the Wii version includes widescreen. But you can enable that in the GC version if you emulate or use a hacked Wii/U.
>>
>>381682371
>30fps
jesus christ why
>>
>>381670861
>Nintendo backing does stand for a lot.

Not if it involves Star Fox.
>>
>>381679848
That's because that's not really possible unless whatever you're trying to isolate is outside the frequency range of human voices
>>
>>381682540
Nothing major - some visual effects regarding the gun arm had to be changed due to the way aiming was altered for the motion controls, so you won't see the gun smoking after shooting many times in succession, or the gun frosting over from the ice beam.
>>
>>381679074
Good fucking god how long have they been asking about Metroid Dread? It was nothing more than a name on a piece of paper. Sakamoto probably has no fucking clue what he's talking about.
>>
>>381682707
Who the fuck cares about fps? Go jump off a bridge.
>>
>>381682706
get a life
>>
>>381682706
We heard you the first two times and nobody cares but you. Fuck off.
>>
>>381682838
>being this much of a rabid fanboy
Your life is a joke.
>>
>>381682687
>>381682552
>>381682451
>>381682450
>>381682774

Ah thank you guys I'll probably just play the Wii version then. It sucks they removed that gun stuff it sounds really cool. What lore was changed? Is the fun space pirate stuff still in?
>>
>>381682750
I was expecting a severe loss in quality, but I ended up with pretty much nothing but noise.

Also I'm mad af there's still no 3D trailer on the EU eShop.
>>
>>381682838

It's absolutely important if you're doing precise movement in a 2D platformer.
>>
>>381682707
Where the fuck was it confirmed that this game was ever 30 fps?
>>
>>381682873
>nobody cares
>responds to him

sure showed him
>>
>>381683019
Every single piece of footage shows the game running at 30fps, even in 60fps Youtube videos.
MercurySteam's previous 2.5D 3DS platformer also ran at 30fps.
>>
>Samus Returns has Prime sound effects

I wonder if Sakamoto has finally gotten over his butthurt about Retro nailing 3D Metroid. This may be Sakamoto's redemption game.
>>
>>381682897
I'm a person who likes videogames, not specs, you piece of shit.

>>381682962
The only important thing is if they're constant or not, not the stupid number.
>>
>>381682371
I wish the game had a better art style. It doesn't look bad, but just kind of uninspired. Also Samus' jump just looks ridiculous.

I could've done with 60 fps as well.
>>
File: boss battle.webm (1MB, 708x720px) Image search: [Google]
boss battle.webm
1MB, 708x720px
>>381682707
when was 30fps confirmed anon?
>>
File: 1473388682022.jpg (34KB, 418x475px) Image search: [Google]
1473388682022.jpg
34KB, 418x475px
>>381662114
>I think it looks great.
>>
>>381663581
I fear it will be 95% linear A to B with backtracking just for one or two """secrets""", like they did with the 3DS castlevanias.
>>
>>381683158
>Mmmm yes please keep lowering standards Nintendo! I don't care, I'll keep showering you with money anyway!
Kill yourself
>>
>>381681363
Literally everyone who played the game at E3 said they didn't want to stop playing and that it was great.
>>
>>381683152
Other M had prime sound effects anon
>>
>>381683274
You mean like Metroid II?
>>
>>381683219
>invincibility shield ran out when doing the melee counter
Does that mean you can still take damage from it?
>>
>>381672463
Gameplay wise Other Mi s solid, its just that Sakamoto doesn't know how to fucking write.

Also the other caveat is anything Miyamoto touches these days.
>>
>>381680828
It can be good.
>>
>>381683158

Go play a fighting game at 30fps, tell me how that works out.
>>
>>381682635
It looks kinda sluggish and awkward to me. Additionally, the 2.5D style they're going for doesn't really sit right with me.
>>
>>381673638
>they're just a crutch for casuals

That bothers me almost as much as MercurySteam does. Metroid II was the only Metroid game with any bite to it so I'd hate to see it get neutered.
>>
>>381683353
other post got deleted for a reason

get a clue
>>
>>381683323
People at E3 also said Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite was great. These people get flown out there and have their accommodation and food paid for by the publishers so that they will say complimentary things about their games.
>>
File: 0.jpg (53KB, 525x165px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
53KB, 525x165px
>>381681032
>>381681840
>>
>>381683274
Presumably it'll have the same level design as the Game Boy version. The melee counter attacks or whatever don't really sit right with me though. That reeks of Other M bullshit.

>>381683404
I liked it in the PSP version of Rondo of Blood. But that's probably just because they added a lot more detail to some of the more otherwise barren-background levels.
>>
>>381683439
I played lots of fighting games on the PS1, and they're great, so stop being a retard, will you?
>>
>>381683682

I hated it in DXC. They were too muddy and murky, especially for a portable system.

>>381683718

Fitan games on PS1 almost all ran at 60fps. Even 3D ones such as Tekken. Again you demonstrate your ignorance.
>>
>>381683389
>Gameplay wise Other Mi s solid

Please be joking

Everything about the design of that game was a travesty.
>>
>>381683320

>mmmm yes complain about stuff I know nothing about on a Taiwanese origami forum and farm (you)s for attention mmmmmm yes they sustain me
>>
>>381683372
The ability the player was currently using doesn't only grant invincibility, but also increases the power of Samus' melee parry. You can even see how much greater the visual indicator of the parry is in the footage. This caused the player to run out of Aeon energy.
>>
>>381683837
>Fitan games on PS1 almost all ran at 60fps. Even 3D ones such as Tekken.
And they were slow as fucking hell, so again, FPS don't fucking matter.
>>
>>381681032
Why don't the mods just range ban him then what the fuck
>>
>>381683837
True. The PC Engine version definitely has the better color palette. Also the Belmont walk animation looks awkward as hell in 3D. But I guess I'm a whore for little details idk
>>
File: METROID2leveldesign.png (315KB, 1506x1117px) Image search: [Google]
METROID2leveldesign.png
315KB, 1506x1117px
>>381683682
>Presumably it'll have the same level design as the Game Boy version.

Not quite.
>>
>>381673260
>I dislike a game so does everyone else.
Fusion is got tier. Stay mad autist.
>>
>>381683929
Does he just do it himself by now?
>>
>this game turns out to be good
>all future 2d games use the metroid 2 format

how would this make you feel?
>>
>>381684083
GODDAMMIT
>>
>>381682926
The Chozo lore was completely rewritten, but the Space Pirate stuff is mostly intact, possibly with one or two exceptions made to make things fit in with the later entries of the trilogy a bit better.
>>
>>381684083
That's really interesting.
>>
>>381684276
There was also that one Space Pirate Data that was a plothole. But that might've been fixed in the Player's Choice version too, I don't really remember.
>>
>>381684083
This honestly comes off as an entire new game that's just using the premise of the 'kill X number of Metroids' that Metroid 2 had.
>>
>>381684489
Which is what remakes should be.
>>
>>381684083
>different abilities
>different map layout
So it's pretty much a new game.
>>
File: 1465474228311.jpg (969KB, 1052x1458px) Image search: [Google]
1465474228311.jpg
969KB, 1052x1458px
>>381682150
>at worst
>my guess
>>
>>381683147
Are their known examples of 60fps games being captured at 60fps at nintendo direct? I just want to be sure that the games aren't captured at 30fps and only the treehouse footage is 60fps.

I'm surprised because the polycount and texture resolution is a lot higher on mirror of fate. Samus returns looks like ass and if it's not to pull 60fps they must really, really suck.
>>
>>381684646
It's called a remake. An actual one.
>>
>>381682790
It was a concept for a DS 2D Metroid game that was supposed to be a sequel to Metroid Fusion. Sakamoto back in 2010 stated that he wished to start the project over from scratch and interviews before that stated that one day we'll see it on store shelves.
>>
>>381684646
Which makes the AM2Rfag boycott a little puzzling. It's a completely new game whereas AM2R was more faithful to the original. We're getting two (hopefully) great and diverse takes on the same game, so why are people complaining?
>>
>people literally support a talentless thief that completely missed the point of the original metroid 2
I bet majority of those people are leafs and third world niggers.
>>
>>381684489
We also get to see cool renditions of the matured metroids.
>>
>>381683152
He never had butt hurt he just stated that the Prime series were spin offs. Why is this so hard for Primefags to take in, it doesn't hurt the Prime series if they're self contained side games, be happy they're still canon.
>>
>>381684924
They always looked pretty stupid though, so I can take or leave that.
>>
File: 1465919574163.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1465919574163.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>381684869
Better than to have autism tho.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cm8J07ehsI

Can't wait. Beat this game as a kid, probably one of my crowning achievements. The final boss was a bitch because I didn't know you could morph ball into her mouth so I had to beat her using missiles. Barely had enough.
>>
>>381684869
I honestly don't know which Metroid II remake you're condemning here.
>>
>>381683219
I like how Samus's flips aren't over the top bullshit like they were in Other M.
>>
All I want to know is whether or not the music for the Surface got another good remix. AM2R did a pretty good Prime-like take on it.
>>
>>381684869
>"Talentless thief"
>Outright villifying the guy for making a Metroid 2 remake in his spare time out of love for Metroid and sharing it with people for free

Seriously just fuck off, shill.
>>
>>381684817
Its really sad that so many lazy HD remasters/retextured rereleases made people forget what real remakes are like
>>
>>381685189
The MSR version sounds much more gloomy and atmospheric and iirc gets more intense the more you progress through the game.
>>
>>381683219
So having looked at the melee parry being pulled off against Metroids a few times, it looks like you have to both block their charge attack and then fire at them immediately to initiate the counterattack sequence. It might be possible to just parry the charge and then not counterattack.
>>
So as someone who has an OG 3DS, I'm going to have to use the CirclePad Pro if I want to run and aim at the same time, right?
>>
File: 0ug8YJ9.jpg (15KB, 517x311px) Image search: [Google]
0ug8YJ9.jpg
15KB, 517x311px
>>381672304
>>
>>381669175
>If fans can produce something superior to the company's own efforts
It's a good thing that didn't happen then.
>>
>>381685614
Remains to be seen.
>>
>>381685450
No. You won't have to. The game doesn't allow aim and run at the same time. it doesn't use the thub. when you push L, you stay in plase nad the controller stick is used to aim. When you release L, you can run and shoot, but only shoot in a straight horizontal line.
>>
>>381685657
He built on top of the existing game. It's rather hard to credit him for making the game good in the first place.
>>
I wanted to ask, do you guys consider adam and adam AI two completely different characters.
>>
>>381685198
He stole Nintendo assets to make a game that he called his own, literally nothing in his shitty fan game was an original and just made in shitty game maker. The guy is a fucking hack who can't even make a real game, not to mention how hard he missed the original point of Metroid 2 by adding in shit that wasn't there before.

It's like taking a perfectly drawn portrait, copying it in fucking crayon and dumping shit all over it. That's what AM2R is.
>>
There's a lot I like about AM2R, but this excerpt from a critical review of AM2R that compares it to the original Metroid II sums it up really well imo:

>Imagine a choked, half-flooded tunnel that suddenly opens into a vast dome-shaped cavern, hundreds of meters tall and hundreds across. In the center of this cathedral-like cavern, a windowless tower of black stone rises from a lake of slowly dying magma. Past the millennia-sealed blast doors of the tower, ancient weapons of terrible power are locked away. The outer walls of the black tower are honeycombed with the burrows of horrific creatures, and a sickly, alien growth has crept from the many side-tunnels of the cavern and covered parts of the walls with barbed and twisted organic blades.

>Okay, now light it up with fluorescent lighting and monitor screens, fill the tower with cheerful-looking maintenance robots hovering about their business, and play an upbeat techno song over it. From At the Mountains of Madness to Revenge of the Sith, just like that.
>>
>>381686106
I do give him credit for not making a train wreck though

It's like the black mesa source of metroid except way smaller
>>
>>381685897
And this is building atop that same game, albeit differently. It still remains to be seen whether he did a better job of it or not though.
>>
>>381686139
cringed
>>
>>381686120
Yes, Adam AI was pretty cool, Adam human was a douchebag.
>>
>>381686139

>metroid 2
>perfectly drawn

See, this is why no one takes anything you say seriously and you always have to resort to calling people faggots
>>
>>381686120
AI Adam was getting closer to a reasonable human being at the end of Fusion than the actual Adam ever was in the entirety of Other M.
>>
>>381686287
Sounds fun, I should give AM2R a shot.
>>
>>381686412
He's not talking about Metroid 2 assets, dummy
>>
>>381686671
I loved AI Adamn. Other M Adam was fucking awful.
>>
>>381686139
Crazy how it ends up being better than Zero Mission and Fusion. Maybe the sales of Metroid being so bad is for a reason and it's trying to tell us something.
>>
>>381686287
>muh imagination
it was a shitty gameboy game that simply didn't work, from the actual lack of color to the shitty aspect ration, everything in Metroid 2 was bad, there's a reason before AM2R nobody reccomended it in any kind of chart.
Oh and why there were dozens of remakes being made out there.
>>
>>381685897
Wait, seriously? That sounds way too slow.
>>
>>381686985
Metroid is shit and that's why AM2R is shit, you admit it!
I win!
>>
>>381684817
>>381684839
I'm not complaining, I'm just a little bit mad because I was looking forward to avoid this one because my 3DS broke but now I have to buy another one for this and all the NDS backlog library I've been neglecting.
>>
>>381663861

Pretty sure the same people said the same about Other M on prerelease demos.
>>
>>381686985
>better than Zero Mission and Fusion

That's just like, your opinion, man.
>>
File: 1494867766710.jpg (33KB, 597x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494867766710.jpg
33KB, 597x600px
>>381686671
>>381686883
>tfw people completely hate AI Adam and refuse to accept anything about fusions story being good after other m
I'd be pretty disappointed if a fusion sequel, assuming they ever make one, just cuts out AI Adam immediately, he was neat
>>
>first thing resembling classic Metroid in over a decade is put on a dead handheld while unnecessary pander sequel gets the Switch treatment
>>
File: metroid 2 - another m.png (8KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
metroid 2 - another m.png
8KB, 320x288px
>>381686412
Yeah, I don't really see the appeal.
>>
>>381687303
Other M was great.
>>
>>381687412
I'd concur with him. AM2R is rather fucking good.
>>
Where the fuck is the special edition on Amazon
>>
>>381687437
Samus' ship is brilliant, it's the only art in Metroid II that I'm actually imppressed by.
>>
File: D5KIbhY.png (139KB, 1198x881px) Image search: [Google]
D5KIbhY.png
139KB, 1198x881px
>>381686287
The pixel art in that game is so fucking good, that it genuinely makes me want to try picking up pixel art.
>>
>>381687510
No, it wasn't made by Nintendo. Admit it.
>>
>>381687294
Just buy a new 2DS. They're pretty sexy.
>>
>>381687741
I didn't care for the one in the opening cutscene where Samus's arms looked all tiny.
>>
can anyone drop me a link for the final version of am2r? I only have the very first unpatched one
>>
Why is it when /v/ finally gets what they begged for for years they shit all over it? This place is insane.
>>
>>381687885
The final version is 1.1, right? If no one else has a link, I'll upload it for you.
>>
>>381687437

It's a great screenshot there. Game was a repetitive slog though and you know it
>>
>>381687982
I don't really know which one it is which is why I asked, thank you very much anon, I'll keep an eye on the thread
>>
>>381687880
Just looked it up. Yeah, that looked weird but it's the only part of the game like that.

I loved the two Chozo statues on top of the tower, holding up SR-388. That looked so freaking incredible. And the backgrounds in general were very freaking good. It's games like this that make me sad that no one ever utilizes sprites anymore, outside of indie games, because technology has progressed to the point where pixel art can be VERY good, not to mention there have always been some older games that had brilliant pixel art, like Metal Slug or SF3.
>>
>>381684083
Samus Returns map is even more different than Zero Mission's map compared to Metroid's. This could be because Sakamoto didn't work on the map for Metroid II like he did for Metroid 1, this is how chances are he would have made it if he was involved with the original Metroid II on the Game Boy.
>>
>>381687916

Read the thread retard must people are excited it. It doesn't matter what opinion you have on something here there will always be two people who shit on it on principle.

Lurk long enough and you can learn who to ignore from how they type - revealing their faggotry troll nature
>>
>people are retroactively praising or saying Metroid 2 was good while shitting on a fan remake or an official remake
Did you people even play Metroid 2? I'm almost certain no sane person would think what AM2R changed especially in the late game was for the worst or that what >>381684083 posted would make it any shittier.
>>
>>381687885
>>381687982
>>381688167
What's the difference between the two? I only have the original version myself.
>>
>>381687560
>>381688070
I'm impressed that both of you managed to miss the giant incongruity in that screenshot. Or at least somehow resisted the urge to comment on it.
>>
>>381688201
It's the only thing that really stood out as bad to me. Otherwise, I was very impressed with AM2R.

>>381688304
Probably just bugfixes.
>>
>>381688303

>Retroactively
I always enjoyed Metroid II but found it to be pretty low ranking. I find AM2R to be a better effort but it seems to gloss over the few things that the original Metroid II did right to just do a Zero Mission sequel instead.

>>381688360

I saw it, just didn't think it was worth drawing attention to.
>>
>>381688303
The only major flaw in Metroid II is the lack of an in-game map.
>>
>>381662114
It looks great, and if reviews look positive I'll consider purchasing it.
>>
>>381688794
You don't need one. The areas are all completed in sequence, rather small and never get repeated.
>>
>>381688463
>>381688304
v1.1 has a few bug fixes (like the invisible gravity suit bug that affected some players) and added an additional fast-travel tube to the entrance of the Genetics Lab so that backtracking to collect upgrades isn't so much of a slog.

The fan patches beyond that add a few new features, like a mode that removes all the magma so you can tackle the game in any order you want.
>>
File: Metroid Sprites 2x BG.png (43KB, 1456x537px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Sprites 2x BG.png
43KB, 1456x537px
>>
>>381689210
I wasn't even aware of the existence of fan patches. I'll have to track those down. Thanks.
>>
>>381689345
Development is on reddit. Look there.
Unfortunately.
>>
What are your thoughts on:

360 aiming
Map markers
Melee attacks
Scan pulse
>>
>>381689556
>360 aiming
Fucking finally. The best part is being able to stand still while doing it
>Map Markers
Absolute shit
>Melee Attacks
Need to play it and find out. Depends on if its overused or not
>Scan pule
Fine with me. Have no idea how people get fun from autistically shooting every rock.
>>
File: 1485383816884.jpg (124KB, 392x482px) Image search: [Google]
1485383816884.jpg
124KB, 392x482px
>>381662114
I'm pretty sure most people thought so when they saw the trailer, some just got worried when they heard the name Mercury Steam and don't trust Nintendo to be able to whip them into shape.
>>
when will the 3D trailer be available on the Eshop of Europe?
>>
>>381689556
>>381689916
Wait you can edit your map now? How would that be shit?
>>
>>381690373
You can put markers on it, that's all. Eitherway, just having your map on the lower screen will be comfy as fuck.
>>
>>381684453
>Space Pirate Data that was a plot tube
>>
>>381684453
It was. It was a log about the Pirates capturing Metroid Prime, it escaping and assimilating a bunch of Pirate Tech on it's way out.
>>
>>381690503
finally, i can't believe that's not a feature on every game with a map
>>
>>381690512
>>
>>381689556
>360 aiming
Good but I want to know what aiming while running is like now that it holds you in place

>Map markers
Pointless because there's a key for everything. What are you going to mark, power bomb blocks? Those are trash and shouldn't be in metroid anyway. Just fuck power bombs really. Especially finding power bombs.

>Melee attacks
Ghetto screw attack is better

>Scan pulse
The x-ray scope was cheating
Powerbomb spam was cheating
Now it's powerbomb spam that reveals hidden rooms.

Protip: How about using good room design to visually hint where secrets are
>>
>>381691119
You simply don't aim while running.
Chances are you can aim diagonally while running by holding the circle pad diagonally and that'll be it, just like past games.
>>
>>381690786
Not every games run on a double screen platform, though.
>>
>>381691695
no i mean edit maps
>>
>>381691119
Sean Malstrom, please get the fuck off these threads.
>>
File: metroidonhead.jpg (93KB, 340x466px) Image search: [Google]
metroidonhead.jpg
93KB, 340x466px
>people complain for years that Metroid is dead
>Metroid comes back with a new 3D game and the first 2D game in 13 years
>people complain
>>
File: 0.jpg (88KB, 800x301px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
88KB, 800x301px
>>381692956
Only a minority.
>>
File: 0.jpg (95KB, 800x301px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
95KB, 800x301px
>>381693448
>>
>>381692956
Fan game faggots
>>
File: 0.jpg (90KB, 800x299px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
90KB, 800x299px
>>381693527
>>
>>381692956
because its a remake of the second game, the second game which just got a fan remake that took 10 years and was absolutely fantastic

people are mad that they might somehow push out an inferior product compared to some random fuck in his moms basement and if true, will be the final nail in the coffin for nintendo, to those people
>>
>>381692263
who the fuck is sean malstrom?
>>
>>381693938
Why is it Nintendo's fault for remaking one of their own games just because a fan did it first? I wasn't aware this was the kind of thing a fan could claim ownership of.
>>
File: samus.gif (351KB, 540x687px) Image search: [Google]
samus.gif
351KB, 540x687px
>>381692956
you can't please everyone, no matter how hard you try.

there will always be a minority that's butthurt about everything.
>>
>>381694509
Some faggot who makes blog about how he hates current Nintendo and Sakamoto. He hates everything Sakamoto did from Super to Other M (of course everyone hates Other M that's not really news). He talks about how Zero Suit ruined Metroid and how Fusion was a them testing Other M while Super was dumbed down to the lower common denominator. He's a massive autist.
>>
>>381694853
Why is he an e-celeb in metroid threads?

>He hates everything Sakamoto did from Super to Other M (of course everyone hates Other M that's not really news). He talks about how Zero Suit ruined Metroid and how Fusion was a them testing Other M while Super was dumbed down to the lower common denominator. He's a massive autist.

This is literally /v/'s opinions except super being dumbed down. It was casualized though
>>
>>381695510
True but he just straight up hates Super Metroid and Sakamoto. It's like Sakamoto took a shotgun to his family member or something.
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.