[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iwata

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: evo-2015-iwata.jpg (197KB, 1600x850px) Image search: [Google]
evo-2015-iwata.jpg
197KB, 1600x850px
We loved this guy, but i have to say, with all due respect, ever since he passed away, Nintendo has been steadily climbing in quality again and is about to make a comeback.
I absolutely despised nintendo from 2008 till early 2017, but they seem to have finally gotten a grip again. Now i don't know if iwatas passing has something to do with this. It might be a bit too farfetched.
>>
>>381659742
>We loved this guy,

Don't speak for everyone I thought he was a terrible business man who lucked out with the Wii. He was awful at public relations. All the worst things about the company currently also started with him, mobile, Amiibo, gimmicks etc.

Hew may or may not have been a goo programmer but he was undeniably a shitty business man.
>>
>>381660019
There is no arguing that he was a one of a kind programmer.
I agree with the rest you said.
>>
>>381659742
All things up to about now are projects he probably approved, do you understand how development even works?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170624-093123.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170624-093123.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
https://youtu.be/vniPtX1PQ7g

Kill myself
>>
File: 1497870323518.webm (3MB, 848x604px) Image search: [Google]
1497870323518.webm
3MB, 848x604px
>>381659742
I like Nintendo, but the way in which their fans idolize the businessmen in charge is just plain unhealthy. Yeah Iwata was a programmer, so what? so was fucking Don Mattrick.
Not even the most hardcore Xbox or Playstation fandrones display the same kind of celebrity worship that seems to surround people like Reggie or Iwata.
Wasnt there even a pinned thread here at the time of his death? Could you, even for a second, imagine the same sort of thing happening for Kaz Hirai, Todd Howard or any other nameless company suit?
>>
>>381661160
There would absolutely be a sticky if Kaz or Todd died.
>>
>>381661160
It would happen for Todd Howard definitely. After all, he's one of the best video game makers of all time.
>>
>>381661160
>saving this webm

Pathetic
>>381659742
If miyamoto had died Nintendo would have reached new heights with innovation and Paper Mario and Star Fox wouldnt have died
>>
>>381661160
Iwata directly contributed to many people's favorite games existing and not outright being cancelled. This is why some faggots overreacted.
>>
>>381661261
fuck off Todd
>>
Nintendo didn't suddenly make all this new shit in a day idiot. Games like Zelda/Odyssey have been in development for years as has the Switch itself. I have no doubt Iwata was involved in planning most of this stuff.
>>
>>381661160
>why do people treat this legendary programmer different than corporate PR men?
I don't understand why this is so difficult, you literally separated the two kinds of people right there in your own post. People idolize Iwata because he embodied the kind of videogame philosophy that people felt was missing in these other people you noted in the modern age. He wasn't just some corporate shill to people, he was a programmer, an actual in the trenches guy who got bumped up to the steering wheel of a huge company. One who had a personal hand in several nostalgic properties. Kaz is known for a twitter who pretends to be him and Todd for a meme about lies.

The level of hype he gets is pretty retarded and people get too wrapped up in that aforementioned image and ignore the pretty clear problems he was also responsible for. But the kind of person he was and the kind you're comparing him too is night and day.

>>381661237
Yeah, but for pretty different reasons. Could you imagine the anons tripping over themselves to make new Toddposts?
>>
>>381659742
He had a different vision for the company, one that made them less successful but more original..
>>
>>381661160
That's because Iwata made the games that shaped the childhood of damn near everyone here.
Everyone had a nintendo.
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Satoru_Iwata

here's the first list I found of shit he worked on
>>
>>381661160
/v/ has a massive tsundere crush on Todd Howard. When he dies, /v/ just might go with him.
>>
>>381661612
>Executive producer on Animal Crossing
What does an executive producer do?
>>
>>381661160
I think that kind of fanboyism exists a bit with the other companies, but no where near the same level or too the same ridiculous extreme as Nintendo.

Go to any video game store, you wont spot the Sony, PC or Microdick fan easily but you will spot the Nintendo fanboy from a mile away. I've only ever met one Xbox fanboy in my life and he wasn't even that extreme, I've met some people that prefer those companies machines but weren't hateful or extreme towards others. On the other hand I've met a million and one Nintendo fanboys real life and by that I mean absolute diehard will not buy anything from any other company and worship the ground the game creators walk on fanboys. Not just people who buy their shit or prefer their consoles as I do myself. They're on every gaming website and they exist almost everywhere in real life.
>>
Iwata died 2 years ago, the Switch was being made by then. Zelda BOTW pretty sure had its first reveal by then too.

Nintendo really hasn't changed much at all, it's just that the Switch is essentially what the Wii U should have been.
>>
>>381661834
>This entire post
>It is written seriously
Found a severe autist.
>>
>>381661771
>Iwata we have this idea of a game here and we need funding from the company to make it happen.
Not just that Iwata was known to go and actual help dev teams, pokemon gold and silver wouldnt even have happened as it did if it wasnt for him.
>>
File: 1423357733582.png (36KB, 315x186px) Image search: [Google]
1423357733582.png
36KB, 315x186px
>>381661995
Tell me where I'm wrong.
>>
>>381661995
Thruth hurts huh?
>>
>>381661834
Shitposting aside, I think the real difference between Nintendo's fanbase and the others is that a significant subset of Nintendo fans genuinely think that the company is their friend. similar to the whole "Disney Magic" thing.
The WiiU being so niche and Nintendo turning their press conferences into a separate, secret clubhouse-style gig probably helped with this somewhat I think.
>>
>>381661160
Todd Howard is the single most beloved man on /v/
>>
>>381662237
>>381662273
>Truth hurts
Lol, no you silly autist. I literally only have a 3DS to go with my PC. It's adorable that you're so fucking mentally deranged you literally developed the equivalent of
>FUCKING GAMESTOP
strawmen in your mind to shitpost on an anonymous image board. Absolutely fucking pathetic. You should seriously rethink your life, or rethink your suicide. Whichever benefits mankind the most.
>>
>>381659742
The Switch was all his idea, retard
>>
>>381661150
Ouch
>>
>>381660019
>lucked out with the Wii
Also the Game Boy. And Nintendo DS. And Kirby. And Earthbound.
>>
File: 1438887661484.png (370KB, 767x455px) Image search: [Google]
1438887661484.png
370KB, 767x455px
>>381662454
>It's adorable that you're so fucking mentally deranged you literally developed the equivalent of
>>FUCKING GAMESTOP
>strawmen in your mind to shitpost on an anonymous image board. Absolutely fucking pathetic. You should seriously rethink your life, or rethink your suicide. Whichever benefits mankind the most.

I don't even understand what you're trying to say here.
>>
File: 1497131196242.png (65KB, 489x377px) Image search: [Google]
1497131196242.png
65KB, 489x377px
>>381662454
>>381661834
what the fuck
>>
>>381659742
>Nintendo has been steadily climbing in quality again and is about to make a comeback.

Iwata's 'Touch Generations' philosophy brought us the DS and the Wii.

The both gave Nintendo unimaginable success and opened gaming up to entire new demographs of people, ecouraged new avenues of gaming which pushed the bourdaries of what defined gaming, making the entire industry more successful and helped to boost the image of video games in the minds of the collective public (even my fucking grandmother had a DS).

Kiddies on here are fucking truly, honestly deluded.
>>
>>381662589
Gameboy was Yokoi
Kirby was Sakurai

He helped program Earthbound, but I was talking about commercial successes. I conceded he might be a good programmer who helped with those other things.
>>
>>381659742
He was a fucking slut.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.