[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>6 hours in pic related Why is this so boring?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

>6 hours in pic related

Why is this so boring?
>>
How is lol you died not fun? The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>381657910
Having played all 4 previous games I've got the foresight to run all the way back to the bonfire if I'm in danger with no more Estus.

I beat Nioh in Feb and didn't like it and thought DS3 would have been a better choice.
>>
played first few sections of demon souls and dark souls when they came out (both gifts to RL brother), then finally picked up this on sale for myself. Spent an hour on the first boss and another 30min on the first shield knight. I'm shit but enjoying it greatly.
>>
>>381657806
>6 hours
how far into the game did you even get jesus
>>
>>381658073
>run all the way back to the bonfire if I'm in danger with no more Estus
no shit, it's gonna be boring if you play it like a pussy
>>
>>381658291
Some church bonfire with an area with monsters that make leeches

>>381658295
>Not cashing in souls to level up and risk losing them therefore losing time
>>
>>381658406
the swamp?
>>
>>381657806
In your case it's probably because it's a very linear experience compared to previous titles, has very samey areas and aesthetic, boss bonfires etc.

PvP-wise Weapon Memory is, whilst arguably a step up from Soul Memory, a flawed system.
The recent changes to invasion levels past SL351 gives hope that the devs are moving in the right direction.
>>
I don't know either, everything feels really same-y.
My first playthrough was an absolute joy but subsequent playthroughs were where I started to see the cracks. Every other Souls games I've enjoyed running through multiple times, including DaS2
>>
>>381658462
>The recent changes to invasion levels past SL351
What changes? Isn't the "meta" sl limit 150 or something?
>>
>>381658557
120, and yes the recent patch basically only affected like the 10 people who bothered to level that high.

from somehow still dont comprehend the community meta thats been around since DS1
>>
>>381657806
Because it doesnt do anything new.
Took Bloodborns combat system
Took DS1's setting.
Took weapons from every game in the series.
A mishmash of things people liked but with no attempt to improve or drive them further the how they already were.
>>
Because DaS3 sucks. Everything is dull and grey, the weapons aren't particularly unique or intersting, the enemies suck, the bosses suck, and the plot is laughable.

Half the appeal of DaS1 was how vibrant the world was and how unique each new weapon was.
>>
>>381658406
trust me, for the two or three enemies you kill between drinking all your sunny D and getting fucked in the ass, you're losing a lot of time making a pitstop at Firelink and cashing in. you're better off learning the enemy mechanics and spawn locations to kill them faster and earn back those souls.
>>
>>381657806
182 hours here. Working on a hollowed "Artificial Undead" thing that is 100% WHITE, uses the Great Axe as its main weapon, and wears light clothing to prevent the sun from scorching its skin.

I role play so fucking hard that I put all of my created characters into my own special universe I constructed inside my mind.
>>
>>381657806

Because DkSIII is weak. Demon's had atmosphere, DkS level design, DkSII best story (source: only me) and mp, BB had everything, and DkSIII is just a rehash of all of them. No truly epic, original bosses, no memorable locations that I've never seen, and DLCs are too short as well. It's just not that good.
>>
I unironically wish DaS2 and 3 had never happened. DaS1 online was so much fun, but it's dead as fuck now except for on weekends.
>>
Ds3 has the most casual fucking gameplay of all the dark souls games.
>>
>>381658437
Continuing from Catherdral of the Deep but not the painted world route

>>381658462
>>381658471
Yeah I had trouble describing and remembering where I currently am in the game, and I think back to all the areas I've finished and they all just blend into each other.

I should have trusted /v/ rankings when DS3 was consistently coming second last, followed by DS2. And all I wanted was just to forget how Nioh failed to do the RPG part of the game properly.
>>
>>381658641
They went back to the way you can invade infinitely up like in DaS1.

It's a step in the right direction because it allows for more pvp across the board, however there aren't many people with such high-leveled characters. It's a step in the right direction in the sense if made throughout all SL, you'd find more action in all areas, however weapon memory would still screw things up.
>>
Everyone is sick of the Souls franchise.
>>
>>381657806
Then you have no taste, cuck. It's a best DS game.
t. currently on NG+6
>>
>>381658406
Bahahaha it took you 6 hours to get to there fucking casual
>>
>>381659080

>best DS
>no Giantdad

gtfo
>>
>>381657806
If you played BB, it would be hard to swallow such an inferior follow-up.
>>
>>381658994
right but my point is, they should have made the cap level 120, not 351, because thats where the community levels to in the meta.
>>
DaS3 has a lot of great bosses with utter shit between them. And even though they were fun the whole multiple phases/health-bars thing wears out its welcome pretty quickly
>>
File: 10414283.jpg (16KB, 540x489px) Image search: [Google]
10414283.jpg
16KB, 540x489px
Maybe you just don't like that game? It's ok, OP. I enjoyed the game a lot myself, but also understand that not everyone may share the same experience.

Maybe you should play something else.
>>
>>381658780
Don't get me wrong I'm not playing incredibly conservatively. Over time I've just learned to mitigate the "danger" of the dropped souls mechanic like predicting if I'm about to enter a boss arena, I won't go in to avoid dropping the souls in there.

I was so bad at improvising way back in Demon's but now I've got more intuition. Like this time in Nioh I walked into a pit trap with enemies at the bottom. I thought to escape rather than engage the enemies and somehow avoided the You Died.
>>
>>381657806
Is this GOTY version even on steam? I only see the base game + season pass.
>>
>>381659353
also you can pretty much max out a build by then, going higher than 120 you just end up being a master of all trades, a level 120 char should not really be at any disadvantage vs anything higher
>>
>>381659210
>average DS3 fanboy

Kek
>>
High Wall is a completelly mediocre zone.

Undead Settlement is a well crafted and designed zone that is not as interesting to play due to its ease, lack of rewards and mundane theme.

Cathedral is the first great zone, and its quite some time into the game. Same thing with Bosses: lame until Wolnir, and great ever after.
>>
>>381657806

BB:TOHE > DAS3:TFFE > DAS:PTDE > DAS2:SOTFS > DES

Fact. Stay mad retard, doesn't matter how many anti-DS3 threads you make, you can't change reality.
>>
I clapped! I clapped when I saw ornstein again!
>>
>>381659665
Nope
PTDE > SotFS > DaS1 vanilla > FFE = DaS2 vanilla > DaS3 vanilla
>>
>>381659665

>DE worst

Go die in a Firestorm.
>>
why hasnt this shit dropped to $20 yet.
>>
>>381659353
The actual level cap is somewhere around the 800s, 351 is just the level invading up is unlocked. The thing is, it would be better to not have the pvp-levelcaps so people wouldn't be restricted to the meta, and more areas and covenants would see action. And weapon memory further fucks things up for covenants like watchdogs.
>>
>>381659665
And the reality is I haven't had any fun with the game up until this point and this is the only DS3 thread I've ever made?
>>
>>381659665
In terms of enjoyment I got out of the games
BB > DS1 > DS2 > DeS > DS3
>>
>>381659924
DeS is a joke compared to later entries, go die a painful death from cancer/aids/ebola/accident you nostalgia blinded son of a whore. DeS world tendency system is the worst gameplay/system in all of Soulsborne games, it is even worse than ADP and Soul memory, so fuck off.
>>
>>381658864
> No truly epic, original bosses,
> Aldrich
> Nameless King
> Twin Princes
> Cursed Pinewood
>>
File: 1494873291744.gif (3MB, 400x255px) Image search: [Google]
1494873291744.gif
3MB, 400x255px
>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>massive amounts of on-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>rehashed areas in an already short game
>the worst, newbie/scrub favoring invasion system yet
>no arena
>Heavy armor sucks

>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>removes a shit ton of spells from the previous game
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>boss weapons can’t be infused
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>DLC has so far been shit
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB
>b-but the DLC will save it!
>b-but other games have faults!
lmfao
>>
>>381660035
thats what i meant by cap, like limit invasions by level up to 120, then just have a free for all from 121 upwards
>>
>>381657806
Bad world layout.
Bad and uninteresting combat design.
Level design is generally kind of mediocre.
>>
>>381659957
Because of "xxx is the Dark Souls of xxx" stuff
Bamco doesnt need to go lower if people still buy it for 40€/$
>>
>>381659210
kys
>>
>>381660505
All of those are trash though.
>>
>>381659609
>Undead Settlement is a well crafted and designed zone that is not as interesting to play due to its ease, lack of rewards and mundane theme.

Undead Settlement is literally a shitty copypasted version of Hemwick Chapel Lane.
>>
>>381660505
Yeah I guess 4 out of 19 ain't bad right?
>>
>>381657806
Dark Souls 3 is pretty boring UNTIL you reach the Boreal Valley.

From then on it's pure Kino with great DLCs.
>>
>>381660563
Yeah, that would make sense.
But even with things like that, there'd be too many limitations set imho.
>>
>>381659957
The other games were dropped to pennies when the sequels were announced/in-development, right? I guess DaS3 is the last DaS, forever.
>>
The game just had no soul.
>>
File: IMG_6258.jpg (83KB, 680x551px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6258.jpg
83KB, 680x551px
>>381660853
>with great DLCs.
>>
>>381657806
Because it's a typical console trash with press x to evade button and lock on.
>>
>>381661010
dude are you kidding me, theres souls everywhere.
>>
>>381661197
he's racist.
>>
>>381658146
Fucking play dark souls 1 first, or you will miss out on some fan service in the later parts of DKS3
>>
It's a mediocre retread of what came before. It's not even a particularly better or polished version of those ideas as much as it is just those ideas, again.
DaS2 and 3 are contract mandated trash no different from some Ubisoft AC rehash.
>>
File: 1474156000100.jpg (17KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1474156000100.jpg
17KB, 512x384px
>>381661197

Your unfunny post made me feel bad during work..
>>
I loved ds1 but couldnt get myself to finish ds2 and 3. maybe its the level design
>>
>>381661106
not a fan of ashes of ariandel, but fuck you if you shit on the ringed city
>>
>>381657806
exactly the same feeling I had, I started with sotfs and had a blast, probably because i didnt play one first so it didnt feel like that many things were wrong but looking back i kind of get everyones complaints. Then played one, played through both of them multiple times, but with part 3 I always get bored before I get even half way through. Also the art style annoys me, shouldnt have tried to copy the bloodbourn style
>>
>>381659957
I saw the PS4 version of Dark Souls III for $19.88 plus tax at a Wal-Mart last night. Just the base game with none of the DLC expansions though.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.