[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Switch Dock Scratching Fixed or nah

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: 21324_zelda_legend_of_zelda.jpg (327KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
21324_zelda_legend_of_zelda.jpg
327KB, 1920x1080px
I'm getting the Switch tomorrow so I was wondering if Nintendo has actually upped their shit and fixed the dock scratching problem with their latest shipments? If not then I'm gonna have to saw the entire fucking front off of my Switch dock and I'll be pissed.
>>
>>381655596
The switch for what game? W8 till the game you want is actually out.
>>
>>381655596
It's a meme a select few vocal minority have complained about, or attention fags on youtube complaining. I've had my Switch since launch with no problems with scratches caused by the dock. Just handle with moderate care rather than man-handling the poor thing like I expect a lot of these complainers did.
>>
I haven't even seen or heard anything about Switches being scratched by the dock ever since launch.
>He fell for the meme
>>
>>381655596
Buy a screen protector with it. That's what I did.
>>
Get a screen protector ffs
>>
>>381655745
It's definitely not a meme and is a result of poor packing by Nintendo causing the dock to bend inward slightly.

Both myself and a friend who purchased from two different locations noticed this issue on ours. Luckily we got glass screen protectors to cover that plastic shit screen but the point stands, whole pallets of these things all over were fucked.
>>
Yes there's a fix.

It's called a $6 tempered glass screen protector
>>
>>381655901
>>381655924
Which one?
>>
>>381655929
My iPhone 7 plus I bought had a display problem (yellow hues leaking on screen) so I guess every iphone has this problem.

In fact, if you google there's a lot of people with this problem.

- weak wifi
- yellow screen
- hissing cpu
- no head phone jack
- piss poor 1080p screen
- no expandable storage

So much problems yet still the most successful smartphone in 2017. :'(
>>
File: 1392149791062.jpg (83KB, 800x770px) Image search: [Google]
1392149791062.jpg
83KB, 800x770px
Didn't happen to me and my switch is ok
>>
>>381655596
get a screen protector and the problem will be solved
>>
>>381655596
For what it's worth I got mine from Walmart on midnight release & my brother got his a few days after launch. Niether of our switches are scratched.
>>
No scratching but it does warp the console, not noticable unless you look for it
>>
>>381656196
Great strawman

Apple sold 212 million iPhones last year. They eat up China's entire production capacity for several months just to meet launch day goals. Other companies are completely ignored during the finalization of hardware around end of summer and launch in late fall/early winter and they're simply forced to move their production schedules to make due.

To think you could compare a giant like Apple to some dogshit launch of around 3 million Switches is atrocious.

Apple sets the standard for QA, and ALWAYS does right by the customers when there is a manufacturing defect that slips through the cracks. iPhone 4 was a shameful act they would never want to repeat and since then they did not produce defective devices. They did not fuck up their supply chain. They did not fuck up their shipments. They simply had such a high capacity that those overwhelmed little roaches in China missed some devices.

Nintendo fucked their docks up during shipment. This is not even a close to comparable situation and you are a fucking myopic neanderthal for thinking it was a valid comparison.
>>
I doubt it.

https://pastebin.com/zEKNANVF

Check this link for an easy fix, I did this to mine in March and it still holds.

>>381655816
My dads switch has a scratch on the bezel, people don't complain because the scratches aren't in the middle of the screen. He doesn't even know about the scratch.
>>
>>381656037
Make sure that it's glass. Extended play while docked can make the Switch hot enough to where plastic protectors peel at the corners.
>>381656030
You have a dust-free room for me to apply it in?
>>
>>381655596
>falling for fake news
>>
>>381657191
Is the Hori Premium one glass?
>>
>>381655745
It is most definitely not a meme; I baby my Switch, rarely take it out of the dock and when I do I am super slow and careful. One day I had it out and the sun through the window caught it at the right angle and I noticed there were hairline scratches in the bottom-right area of the bezel where it would contact when sliding it in the dock. Impossible to see without the sunlight on it, but there were definitely there.
I also noticed the body of the unit was slightly warped around where the battery is on the right side. And then the left Joycon decided to start coming off without any resistance or pressing on the Switch. I sent it in for repair and they just put a screen protector on it and gave me a new Joycon. Fuckers.
>>
>>381657980
Not sure, I don't have a protector installed because I suck at installing them.
>>
>>381656946
And Nintendo just like Apple cover this with their warranty free of charge.

So it's a non issue. People like you act like Nintendo wouldn't do anything and gave shit company like Apple a free pass.

Their recent mac book line were also facing a ton of defects. Poor battery, bad screen. It is not acceptable.

It's not okay when Nintendo does it.
>>
>>381655718
Not op but I was going to wait until I got one for my birthday. Now I will play Zelda and eventually mario. Not sure what else.
>>
>>381655596
The screen scratch meme is total nonsense and you bet, if it does happen, it's entirely down to the monkey spastic kiddies who can't look after anything. You know the ones I'm talking about, those idiots you see everywhere with their cracked and chipped fones. Can't look after anything.

>it-it's Nintendo's fault!
>>
>>381658725
This. I sent two Joycons for the desync fix and they shipped it express UPS there and back, fixed it in a day. NoA support is great.
>>
So besides a screen protector what other peripherals are needed to have a fun time and fully capable switch
>>
>>381655596
Oh it's fixed. The fix is called stop being a retard and put in in properly so it isn't sliding in at an angle
>>
>>381659053
I'd recommend joycon plastic shells if you take it outside.
>>
File: 14511325337057.jpg (18KB, 369x369px) Image search: [Google]
14511325337057.jpg
18KB, 369x369px
You might want to wait for the next iteration
https://youtu.be/Cb-srOfRqNc
>>
>>381659053
Your fucking brain, that's all you need. If you are a clumsy retard then a screen protector is a must. Any non-retard would know how to avoid scratching their switch
>>
>>381659150
Hey your psychiatrist here, I'm ordering you to hold off from the memes for the next month or so.
>>
>>381655596
That was blown out of proportion m8. Like the ps4 hard drive failures, or the tipping thing
>>
>>381659150
It's so easy to recognize you by your filenames

>>381659796
That's true, I still remember the wobble shit
>>
>>381659183
I figured. More looking at what I should pick up that doesn't come I'm the box. A propad a must or anything else needed?>>381659139
Thanks for the input. I'll likely just have it docked 95% of the time maybe play when lying in bed until the wife gets tired of it
>>
>>381659982
You should get a pokken pad if you want, it's cheap and it has a good gamepad that helps cover the retro and fighting games
>>
>>381659871
>It's so easy to recognize you by your filenames
But that's a generic 4chan filename anon you fucking retard.
>>
File: 1461437553363.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1461437553363.gif
428KB, 200x183px
>>381655596
There hasn't been any reports of scratched docks after the first week, so I assume yes. Mine works fine though, and I had it since day 1.

>I'm getting the Switch tomorrow

Good fucking luck, shit's been sold out everywhere for ages now.
>>
>>381655596
I bought it day one and treated it without care and never had a single scratch, I honestly don't know if there were some rare defective models or what.
>>
>>381661513
Stores in my city get stock every other day. Just gotta look out for them.
>>
>>381657980
AmFlim screen protector on Amazon
>>
>>381655596
There is no dock scratching problem. Some docks got damaged in shipping so they were bent inwards, which could scratch the screen. Undamaged docks don't scratch unless you're a complete and utter retard.
>>
>>381663967
Source? Never heard about this
>>
File: IMG_6702.jpg (88KB, 518x349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6702.jpg
88KB, 518x349px
i'm not careful at all with my switch and have no protector and it's still perfect with no scratches or imperfections. Anecdotal but it's all I can offer
>>
File: IMG_391.jpg (158KB, 1275x715px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_391.jpg
158KB, 1275x715px
>>381655745
>>381658918
>>381663967
>shitty plastic (sometimes warped) dock with little padding
>switch has plastic screen instead of glass
>these two combined cause scratches

>It's totally not Nintendo being cheap, it's the owners' fault for not being carefull!!
>>
File: 6j5vFRu.jpg (771KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
6j5vFRu.jpg
771KB, 3024x4032px
>>381664095
It's the kind of thing you only hear about at launch, because that's the only time they pump a million consoles onto the market at the same time.
>>
>>381658725
WTF? Except they are telling people the poorly engineered joycon "antenna" (or lack of) and bent dock are non-issues.

You sound like a complete nintendo apologist.
>>
>>381664242
that scratch is n not from the dock, that looks like someone used keys or something.
>>
>>381664264
oh shit son
>>
>>381664389
That's not true though. I called Nintendo support a few weeks ago and got two joycons fixed free of charge.
>>
>>381664389
No, the only "non-issue" that came up was the dead pixels, which is an industry standard position. They've been super on top of replacing/repairing every other issue people have had. Maybe even pixels if you bothered them enough.

That said, the lack of save backups rears its head when you send it in and they, even if it shouldn't have been a thing affects, end up "not being able to recover" your saved info. They have for some people, but it's been a crap shoot overall.
>>
>>381664242
>horizontal scratches
>when you move the thing vertically in / out of the dock
Hmmm...
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.