[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC gaming can't be stopped!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

File: PC_Always_Wins.jpg (1MB, 2530x1470px) Image search: [Google]
PC_Always_Wins.jpg
1MB, 2530x1470px
Can anything stop PC gaming? The quality of consoles and their exclusives have been decreasing drastically with each generation. The vast majority of good games for high IQ mature gamers are coming to the gaming beast known as the PC. On top of that, it has free online, modding and semi-eternal backwards compatibility. I was thinking about buying a PlayStation 4 or a Nintendo Switch, but after careful thought, I came to conclusion that getting a high end gaming PC is the best option. Why would I waste my money on PS4 or Nintendo Switch for 1 or 2 games, when I can spend that money on Vega/Volta and enjoy a far superior experience both in quality and quantity?

Upcoming god tier PC exclusive games:
- Quake Champions
- Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord
- Mordhau
- Star Citizen
- Camelot Unchained
- Ashes of Creation
- Wild West Online
- Project Wight
- Scorn
- La-Mulana 2
- Ghost Song

Upcoming god tier multi-platform definitive version on PC games:
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Ace Combat 7
- Code Vein
- Monster Hunter World
- Dragon Ball Fighter Z
- Metro Exodus
- GreedFall
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
- Blasphemous
- Agony
- Armored Core 6

The truth is that consoles are slowly dying, the future belongs to PC gaming.
>>
PC is my main and favorite platform, and i feel it's superior in many regards, but fuck off with this bullshit platform war cancer.
>>
>>381655102
>Upcoming god tier PC exclusive games:
>- Quake Champions

Have you played it? it's fucking abysmal.
>>
>>381655659
>t. console kiddo

>>381656178
It is pretty good, name a better PvP FPS, you literally can't.
>>
File: image.png (562KB, 1000x473px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
562KB, 1000x473px
What a shitty arbitrary list, this isn't your blog to post your wishlist anon

atleast add divinity original sin 2 since it's going to be RPG GOTY
>>
>>381656602
Reflex
>>
>Star Citizen
>Upcoming
>>
>Red Dead Redemption
>Bloodborne

LOL
>>
>>381655102
Are Scorn and Agony still actually going to come out? Seem dead in the water right now.
>>
File: 1478058982543.jpg (46KB, 472x407px) Image search: [Google]
1478058982543.jpg
46KB, 472x407px
Damn, this is nice vaporware list.
>>
I mean, I bought a ps4 and only played it about 20 hours before I got tired of third person shooters. I'll go back someday.
>>
File: pc gaming.jpg (256KB, 1230x720px) Image search: [Google]
pc gaming.jpg
256KB, 1230x720px
>>381655102
>The vast majority of good games are console ports
>Most PC exclusives are Crowdfunded / Early Access / indie shit

Huh, really makes one's brain fire those thought processes if you know what I'm ahluding to.
PC gaming really went to the shitter after the early 2000's, what a shame.
>>
>>381655102
Never played any of those god tier games… yet
>>
HOLD THE FUCK UP

DID YOU JUST SAY ARMORED CORE SIX IS COMING TO PC
>>
>>381655102

banner lord is on consoles
>>
>>381657006
Like all multiplats it will be inferior quality though, which was ops point.
>>
>>381655102
I unironically agree. I used to be jelly of some console exclusives 10 or even 5 years ago.
Now Bloodborne is the only game of the last three years that I regret not having on PC.
>>
>>381656785
where do you see both those games?
>>
>>381655102
Don't forget Danganronpa. PC will be the definitive Danganronpa experience. Hell console version probably only has one language setting.
>>
>>381655102
don't make threads like this. You sound like a PS4 faggot
>>
>>381657087
I bought a ps4, played the first couple of hours and was bored. Felt like dark souls: worse frame rate edition. I'm sure it has some great bosses but I'm bored of souls games at this point. Maybe eventually I'll go back and beat it.
>>
dunno man
I only play Second Life, GTAO, Skyrim, Sims and PUBG
I wish had a PS4
>>
Why the fuck would anyone care what platform other people play their games on.

Consolewars aside that's a rather optimistic attitude towards Greedfall, did even look it up instead of just putting up a list of upcoming titles, OP?
>>
>La-Mulana 2
is that shit ever coming out?
>>
>>381657380
This isn't about caring what platform people play on, its about laughing at those playing and inferior ones and defending it
>>
>>381657130
Not on PC.
>>
>>381656642
>turn based combat
>2017
Kek, no thanks.
>>
>>381657429
>jewstar game
>not on pc
Sure bud
>>
>>381657428

As a PC master race user, you should not try to humiliate people using sub-par platforms. Show them the way, anon
>>
>>381657551
Just like RDR1 amirite?? HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>381657530
Turn based combat is very fun, especially since it's relatively rare these days. Just for the sake of novelty it's a good time.
>>
>>381656934
They are not console ports, because they are releasing at the same time and the PC versions are the definitive versions. Stay mad console-cuckd poorfag, 4k 60fps ultra graphics never ever ;)
>>
>>381655102
>The truth is that consoles are slowly dying, the future belongs to PC gaming.

They're already dead, and the present belongs exclusively to PC. PS4 and Xbone are both just PCs with walled-garden DRM-OS. The only question is not if you're playing on a PC or not, it's how much ownership you demand over your PC.
>>
>>381657006
No, it isn't. There is no source for this. M&B2:Bannerlord is a PC exclusive. Even if it came to consoles down the road, the console version won't have the mods, playerbase and superior definitive experience that the PC version has.
>>
>>381657612
rdr1 was a money pit that they didnt even think was going to be successful, and when you factor in that gta iv was an unoptimized mess, they would never lauch it on pc
>>
>>381655102
>multiplat definitive edition on pc
This literally never happens. Even Batman Arkham Knight, a game on UNREAL ENGINE, ran shittier on PC. Tons of other multiplats require an hour of setup just so they can launch. (Any Ubisoft game as well). PC is simply an afterthought.
>>
>>381657221
>t. PS4 fanboy mad they lost after E3
Don't blame me, blame Sony and their interactive movie exclusives.
>>
>>381657380
GreedFall is looking good so far.
>>
>>381657639
No, it really isn't. It was utilized in the past because of technical limitations, it shouldn't exist anymore in 2017. You can have all the depth and customization in gameplay and combat that a turn based game has also in the form of an action game, it just takes a lot more effort and money to make, which the jewish and lazy developers don't want to do. People should stop buying turn based combat games, they are almost as bad as interactive movies.
>>
>>381657612
RDR1 can't be ported to PC, if it could, they would. The code and engine are not compatible with PC. RDR2 will be on PC, just like GTAV. I am willing to bet money on this.
>>
Building a PC is quite easy.

You literally just need to watch a Youtube video to do it. But make sure you buy components that will fit together inside your case. It's a fun experience, but I'd just buy a console instead. Here's why.

A few years ago, I kinda fell for all this "pc musturhh raec" meme, and I actually built a pc myself. Since I wanted it to last for a few years, I went all-in, and got the best stuff on the market.

Now, like I said earlier, the building part was surprisingly FUN and EASY. Everything went well, and the pc was up and running! But there was a problem...

I COULDN'T MAX OUT MY GAMES

Yes. I had just purchased the BEST possible equipment, and I still couldn't max out games. In fact, I had to play them in the lowest settings possible. And, yes, all the drivers were up-to-date and I was indeed using the graphics card (not Intel HD graphics) in games.

So, how did I fix this problem?

It's quite simple...

I sold that PC on craiglist, and I didn't even have to lower the price. I got ALL my money back. Then, I bought a used 15" Macbook Pro for $350, and, a used PS4--with some games--for about $200. Good deal, isn't it?

Of course.

I could now do editing, programming, school work AND I could now play recent games maxed out without heavy stuttering. All this for $550 bucks...

Now, I see the "pc musturhh raec" fags coming with comments like: "xd xd lmfao console peasant lmfao, good luck at spending 60-70 bucks to buy a game hurr durr"

Well, that's nothing else than a myth. Why? Because you can go swap old games for new ones ALL the time. You have plenty of stores to do that, and I have personally never spent a dime on a new game.

Anyways, I just wanted to give a heads up to YOU--and to other people--that happen to be in the same situation as I was a few years ago.

Don't fall for the PC meme.

P.S: Quake Champions... god tier? Lmfao.
>>
>>381657952
There's little to no substantial information out apart from a reveal teaser.

Did you even bother to check who the developers are?
>>
>>381657864
99% of multi-platform games on PC are the definitive version and best experience. Rare exceptions like Batman Arkham Knight exist, but that doesn't matter in the larger picture. Configuration of games is easy, those who have issues have shitty PCs.
>>
File: Fels.jpg (281KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
Fels.jpg
281KB, 1600x1064px
>>381657689
They are aimed at consoles, like 90% of games nowadays, and they are restricted to current console limitations, it doesn't matter how your strong your own PC is, the game still has to run on Xbone/PS4 and thus design limitations are a thing, they will limit maps or AI so that the games may run on consoles.

So yeah, console ports.
Most 90's and some early 2000's PC games were actually made for PC, with interfaces and controls tailored for PC that couldn't be replicated on consoles, and they aimed for PC specs without a care that the games couldn't run on consoles, not only graphics wise but scale and AI and player count.
THOSE are PC games, not what you get now.

> 4k 60fps ultra graphics never ever ;)
That's my point. You can run console games at 4K 60fps, but they are console games nonetheless. The minimum standard most games have to work with are the consoles and so you are directly bound to console generations, unlike 2 decades ago.

I was and avid PC player back then, I would know. You seem much younger considering your silly "PCMR" attitude, so of course you wouldn't remember the acutal good days of PC gaming, otherwise you wouldn't say that the current shitty state of PC gaming its a good thing
>>
>>381658183
Yes, they have learned from their past shortcomings. GreedFall will be their first great game.
>>
>>381658172
You did something horribly wrong with your PC or you are lying.
>>
>>381658381
its a copy pasta, the nigger has been spamming it everywhere
>>
>>381656602
id rather play tf2 or quake live than quake champions. champions feels lifeless
>>
>>381658302
Before the game or even gameplay is out, there's nothing to back your claim apart from the setting, and that is something that can be easily butchered (see a game like Skyrim for example).

That being said I respect your positive attitude towards the game.
>>
>>381658296
Those are PC exclusives and they still exist, Quake Champions, M&B2:Bannerlord are prime examples. I am 26, I've played games for a long time from a very young age. PCMR is not an attitude, is the truth and something that should dominate. PC will have their own exclusives and all the good multi-platform games, from consoles, that is the future. Nothing will stop PC gaming, PC domination is absolute, the death of consoles (mainly Xbox and PlayStation) are getting closer and closer. You won't stop it, you can't stop it, PC is supreme.

Once Volta and Coffee lake hit the market you will see 4k 144fps being an affordable possibility. Consoles can't compete.
>>
>>381658521
tf2 got raped by Overwatch. Quake Live is boring and dead for a reason. Those 2 games are not better than Quake Champions.

Quake Champions is king of the PVP FPS genre.
>>
File: jqpyed4b.j5h.jpg (7KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
jqpyed4b.j5h.jpg
7KB, 251x251px
>>381658721
>M&B2:Bannerlord
>Platform(s) PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
>exclusive
>"Prime example of a PC exclusive is a multiplat"
?????

> Quake Champions
Ah yes, another F2P (or very cheap, not sure which) MP game with microtransactions. At least it won't have chests & keys like Dota2 and CS:GO, but still, if THIS is your "PRIME" example it just goes to show how the mighty have fallen.

Anyway I'm not sure what else to grab out of the rest of your post. Your brain is clearly fried and I shouldn't make fun of mentally handicapped people, you life must be hard as is.
>>
>>381658721
>>381657768
Bannerlord on consoles has been confirmed for a while now though. Don't worry Mustardfag you can still flex your penis because mods give the best experience.
>>
>>381659004
There is no source for M&B2: Bannerlord not being a PC exclusive, provide a source, you literally can't.

Quake Champions is a skill based game and the perfect example of fairness. It is F2P for those who wish to not pay money, they get acces to the main character and can rent the other characters with in game currency they earn by simply playing the game. Those who don't want this, can pay a 1 time purchase to get access to the entire character roster and all future characters. Characters are just different playstyles, you can pick 1 character and play that for 4 years and dominate, there is no rock-paper-scissor balancing in this game, like in games such as Overwatch and other shitty fps games. Microtransactions like lootboxes are purely cosmetic and you can earn them by just playing the game. They have no impact on the gameplay at all.

This is one of the best monetary systems and shows how mighty have risen to a better level. Now compare that to your ShitStation 4 and XfagBoX, that has a 60 dollars/euros entry fee (price of the game) and another 50-60 dollars/euros to play online, what a joke, you console shitters really like having your boypussy raped by Sony and Microsoft huh?

I am glad I bullied console losers like you in my school days :)
>>
>>381659170
>Bannerlord on consoles has been confirmed for a while now though

But it hasn't though....There are just some trash websites that mistranslated something from Turkish.

I mean it might make it over at some point, but no on gives a fuck if it's like 6 years later like with Warband
>>
>>381659170
Provide a source console cuck, you literally can't :^)

The mods are not the only thing, 4K is another thing which you don't have, oh and 60fps, oh and 144fps, oh and free online.

Keep getting your boypussy fucked by Sony and Microsoft ;)
>>
File: 16109397.jpg (477KB, 1200x450px) Image search: [Google]
16109397.jpg
477KB, 1200x450px
Most of those games will sells more on console.
>>
>>381658296
Eh, it all depends on what you like. I've been playing exclusively on PC since the early '90s and for me it's the best state it's ever been in. Sure you don't get as many RTSs or RPGs with excessively detailed or overly elaborate hotkey interfaces, but I never liked strategy games anyway, prefer using a controller, plus there's still stuff like Pillars of Eternity now and then.

As for the "limitations" I think that's mostly bullshit given competent PC versions/ports. I don't think the games would be significantly different had they been developed first for PC nowadays; they'd want to spend the resources on mostly the same things, and unless you have a 1080Ti you'll hardly max out many games as it is so that's not an issue either.
>>
Fuck, Iwould be the first one to build gaming PC that is better than95% of PCfags if it had games that interest me.

When I look on your list, there is not a single PCexclusive that interest me, so I see no point to buy it.
>>
>>381659461
I have a PC anon, I just like getting fucked on the side <3
>>
>>381659390
>There is no source for M&B2: Bannerlord not being a PC exclusive, provide a source, you literally can't.
You know, 2 seconds on google would spare you the embarassment:
“Bannerlord is being worked on precisely for consoles. With Bannerlord, quite a lot things will change for Mount & Blade. TaleWorlds published some developer diaries for Bannerlord and it can be seen that the whole graphic engine is changed. Probably they are working on Bannerlord more to make it huge on consoles.”

https://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2015/03/mount-blade-2-bannerlord-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4/

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount%26Blade_II:_Bannerlord

>Microtransactions like lootboxes
Hmmmm Lootboxes, lovely. That's the best kind of microtransaction out there.
Everything gameplay and skill related you said about QuakeChampions can be said for a LOT of other MP games, why are you pretending like this one is unique?
Heck, even with different genres, I can change a couple of words from your description and you could as well be talking about GuiltyGear or some other fighting game.

>This is one of the best monetary systems and shows how mighty have risen to a better level.
Nah, a fee to get the game will forever be the better option. You also pretend like PC freeware wasn't a big thing in the 90's, which also spurred the modding community. Once again QuakeChamptions is doing nothign new or unique here.

>I am glad I bullied console losers like you in my school days :)
I'm an idort though. And once again you're displaying your mental issues and social insecurities to the world. This just keeps getting sadder.

>>381659551
>Eh, it all depends on what you like.
I guess. Myself I like games developed without crowdfunded/early access bullshit and by competent top industry veterans, not by washed-out old delusional guys who left the industry for a decade, came back and think they are hot shit, still in their prime days, but are actually incompetent scam artists at best.
>>
>>381655102
>- Star Citizen

>Still mentioning this game on lists
>>
>>381659509
The definitive version will be on PC :^) Console cucks buying inferior version is their choice.
>>
>>381660029
>console mindset
>it doesn't have any exclusives so why bother with it?

>pc mindset
>it can do much more, has nearly everything and can do everything much better, why bother with anything else?
>>
>>381660253
A blog post by a literal who that doesn't provide any sources, kek. Give me a source from developers, not outdated false garbage from 2015.

>why are you pretending like this one is unique?
It is. There is no other PVP FPS game that has the same skill level and ceiling as Quake Champions.

>Nah, a fee to get the game will forever be the better option.
So literally Quake Champions, since it has a buy option :^)

>I'm an idort though. And once again you're displaying your mental issues and social insecurities to the world. This just keeps getting sadder.
Fuck off retarded console cuck. I am proud I bullied people like you in real life, I masturbate to the memories and your tears.
>>
>>381655102
>Star Citizen
>getting released
Good one.
>>
File: steam quality games.png (438KB, 944x509px) Image search: [Google]
steam quality games.png
438KB, 944x509px
>>381655102
>>
>>381661510
No real PC gamers buy garbage like that, the mentally ill people that do just give Valve more money and make them bigger and stronger, that is why Japan embraced Steam.

PC is unstoppable. Steam is unstoppable. The future belongs to us.
>>
File: Elemental battle armor mug.jpg (42KB, 236x251px) Image search: [Google]
Elemental battle armor mug.jpg
42KB, 236x251px
>>381655102
>Forgetting Battletech

asshole
>>
>>381657689
>PC versions are the definitive version
Broken delayed ports that lack some of the feature are not 'definitive'. PC gaming is garbage.
>>
>>381657689
Not ports in that sense, but definitely ports in the sense that the game is developed with consoles as the primary platform and the pc version has little to no difference beyond resolution and antialiasing options.
>>
>>381656934
You sound like a typical blindly hating consolewarposter, but those games from early 2000s haven't gone anywhere you know.
>>
>>381663010
Native 4K, 60fps, 144fps, free online, superior graphics, semi-eternal backwards compatibility, option between controllers or keyboard and mouse.

PC versions are definitve versions without a doubt.
>>
>>381655102
Anon I'm so happy you even know about armored core. It is such an underrated franchise. I hope AC6 gets me as hyped up as last raven does.
>>
>>381655102
>Upcoming god tier PC exclusive games

Literally who?

Console upcoming releases on the other hand are stacked as fuck. Try again OP
>>
>>381663883
New Armored Core is coming very soon, From Software is number 1.
>>
>>381664046
>days gone
interactive movie dogshit.
>the last of cucks 2
interactive movie dogshit.
>anallycharted muslim/lesbian dlc
interactive sjw/feminist movie dogshit.
>niggeroid become human
LITERALLY interactive movie, lmfao.
>spider-man
interactive movie, quick time events out of the ass garbage.

Nice "games" you go there.

>god of war
might be good, coming late 2018.
>shadow of the colossus
remake of a PS3 remaster of a PS2 game. People have already played it on PS2, PS3 and PC via emulation. PS4 version won't be out until 2018.

Holy fucking shit, how terrible the ShitStation 4 line up is. Where are the games? where is the gameplay?
>>
>>381663808
>free online
Not an argument. PC online is dead within a month after release

>superior graphics
All the 3rd party looks literally the same (minor differences not visible unless you zoom 300%) plus console exclusive rape visually any game on PC

>semi-eternal backwards compatibility
I can buy old console for next to nothing plus I don't have problem with compatiiblty

PC is irrelevant overpriced garbage.
>>
>>381664496
Might be irrelevant to you, apart from the fact you're posting about it, but the claims you just made about online are either unsubstantiated or subjective, and just simply make you out to be a pathetic consolewar shitposter.
>>
>>381664496
>ignored resolution and fps
Kek, never ever console cuck.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.