[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did this game end up so fucking bad? I was late to Civ 5,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: civ-6-1jpg-685121_765w.jpg (140KB, 764x430px) Image search: [Google]
civ-6-1jpg-685121_765w.jpg
140KB, 764x430px
How did this game end up so fucking bad?

I was late to Civ 5, I bought it when the entire game + all expansions was cheap on a summer sale. It is by far one of the best games I have ever played, with infinite replayability and a pretty unique experience each time you play. I enjoyed Civ 5 so much that I went backwards and played Alpha Centauri and Civ 4 (Civ 3 seemed like a prototype for Civ 4 desu).

And then this piece of shit came out. This game is so bad, it has retroactively removed my enjoyment from previous games in the series. This piece of shit belongs on a mobile phone. This pile of absolute garbage is such a huge let down that it stings every time I realise I actually paid for it.

The gameplay is hollow and watered down.
The graphics are awful and distracting.
The tone is almost set as a comedy.
I hate everything about this game.
>>
>>381652076
Everything you've said is spot on. For a game about raising a civilization from the dirt, the whole thing sure doesn't feel epic at all in VI
>>
Civ 6 is better than 5 on release, just wait for the expansions
>>
The problem with these games is by the time they're good they're releasing another one.
>>
>>381652076
the only legitimate criticism i took from this is that you don't like the graphics

how is the gameplay "hollow and watered down" compared to civ 5?
>>
>got civ4 complete
>played for years
>got civ5 complete
>played for years and still playing
>waited for civ:beyond earth complete
>it was shit so skipped it
>waiting for civ6 complete

I hope it's good by then
>>
>>381652630
The civic choices offer very little variety. You can argue that there was a "best" approach to Civ 5, but it still allowed more freedom than the civics in this game.

There is also very little variety in game play. The AI will just always declare war on you, there is very little you can do to appease the computer. They also pose so little challenge that it's not even entertaining, it's like your 6 year old brother challenged you to a fight.
>>
>>381652076
holy shit i cant believe how cancerous civ players are

5 years from now you will all be licking civ 6s balls and be crying how civ 7 is shit
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.