[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Its time to discuss the best shmup ever made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1498132717570.jpg (387KB, 1920x853px) Image search: [Google]
1498132717570.jpg
387KB, 1920x853px
Its time to discuss the best shmup ever made
>>
>>381650452
OP you accidently clicked the wrong picture. That's OK, we all know you were referring to Ikaruga.
>>
>>381652131
>Ikaruga fags still exist
>>
>>381652131
>That's OK, we all know you were referring to Ikaruga.
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>381652131
That's a funny way to spell Mushihimesama Futari.
>>
>>381652131
Ikaruga has a myriad of flaws that I can't understand why people seem to ignore. Scoring system is frankly crap; color-based enemy chaining means you have to perfectly shoot in the order Treasure wants you to, unless you want to break your chain by shooting whatever you feel like (or the even lamer option of having to let enemies pass you by because you're afraid of getting a broken chain). So prepare to play like a robot if you ever want to score well in Ikaruga, where routes are even more strict and less interesting than Dodonpachi. But hey, at least it's not as bad as Silvergun's scoring. It also has the infamy of being called super difficult because the game gives you absolutely no items once, so the only way to get extends is first learning the ins and outs of the game in order to score well. However, by then you should be able to no-miss Ikaruga anyways, so what was the point in learning? Now the polarity mechanics are awful because swapping colour invalidates practically all bullet patterns in the game, since you can just absorb everything in your way rendering whatever looks impossible meaningless. This seems neat at first until it becomes a chore to soak up every bullet on screen to raise your score, after you cope with the fact that it turns survival play into a boring cakewalk. Boss designs are rubbish save for the first and last dudes. Mooks have no life to them; most don't even shoot at you and simply drift away. This plus the color-based chaining system makes it feel more like playing a puzzle game instead of an actual shmup. Not to mention the fact that it's grossly overrated due to its OST and graphics (if you dig sepia tones making backgrounds look like dogshit) by casuals who hardly even play shmups. Ikaruga's simply a poor game that for some reason has a cult following that loves to bitch at you if you ever happen to question the quality of their beloved masterpiece.
>>
>>381650452
Man Eschatos is AESTHETIC and the soundtrack is amazing aswell
>>
>>381652131
That's not Touhou
>>
>>381650452
eh, ginga force is better.

also, radiant silvergun, hellsinker.
>>
File: 984.jpg (138KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
984.jpg
138KB, 750x937px
>>381653018
>Degica will never port Ginga Force on Steam
>>
File: eric[1].jpg (150KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
eric[1].jpg
150KB, 400x400px
Been playing Blue Revolver. I think it's pretty good. Anyone else played it?
>>
I like Astebreed.
>>
>>381652131
I can't think of a lower level shmup than Ikaruga. Is the color swapping gimmick that compelling to non shmup players? It's really more of a puzzle game.
>>
Shump fags: I have 17 dollars to spend on Steam sale. Should I get Dariusburst CS, Dodonpachi Ressurection, or Mushihimesama
>>
>>381653541
I bought it when it was a comiket, kinda cool to see the good obscure games survive that place and break into the western market.
>>
>>381654467
Degica's Cave ports are shit, so I guess Darius.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.