[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retardento Does it again and its okay when Nintendo Does it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 10

File: google.com.tr embedded.png (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
google.com.tr embedded.png
8KB, 300x168px
it seems.

don't want to even talk about it. I can't talk about it publicly but I am at wits end. Online has been functional for weeks...
Unfortunately there isn't much update I can provide. There are certain elements of our patch that are absolutely essential but that are out of normal Nintendo guidelines. If Nintendo were to approve the patch it would be released immediately, but we are in the midst of a long process of back-and-forth to get small matters waived. It isn't that we aren't working on this. In fact, getting this relatively simple patch out has consumed more of our time than making further improvements in additions to the game. When I say it is entirely out of her hands I mean that. We were put in a position where we needed to get this game out at the same time as the other consoles and because the platform was so new, it suffered in certain areas. There isn't even a change log at this point - is the same patch that has been sitting there for weeks
The simplest one is patch size. There are certain size requirements that you can't exceed in a patch. It took us almost 3 weeks to get an exception to allow our patch to be larger than the normal size. And the reason it is larger is due to the technology we are using and is beyond our control. In fact, we proposed reducing the entire file size of the game from seven gigs to 3 1/2 gigs but because the platform is so new it doesn't support it now and that can't be done
Nintendo] won't allow it initially as their system doesn't support it. From our end it's already done.
Once it's supported we will be able to do it.
>>
Where's this from
>>
7 gigs and a multiplatform game that came out at the same time as other platforms? Can anyone figure out which game it is? Likely western too.
>>
Wheres this copypasta from?
>>
>>381645537
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6j17aq/nba_playgrounds_update_from_developer_spoiler_not/

basically

>devs were got dev kits late and wanted to Switch version to be day 1 one with other versions
>online mode didnt made cut at launch for Switch they said they will patch in one week
>they made the patch and send to submit
>nintendo retards are q/a'ing patch and not giving approval for 2months
>then saying patch size is too big for literal retard system. Devs says how about we compress main game and put it like that
>nintendo doesnt allow touching released game size's

a retard company again.

also this is not first , Mr Sticky devs said same shit.

literally Nintendo restraiting update and patch sizes for system while themselves release broken and unfinished games like Arms,Splatoon and call patches " free dlc goyim"
>>
>>381645592
NBA
>>
>>381645610
>>381645706
>>381645537

NBA Playgrounds.

Also Mr.Sticky(an indie game) devs said same problems.

>>381645706
>>
NBA it is. Also the only multiplatform game that is different from the other consoles (no online).
>>
>>381645706
Nintendo is done. This shit's anothet Wii U and will cap at 10 million sales. Nintendo going full mobile/third party guaranteed.

Press S to spit on grave
>>
>>381645706
other games get updates no problem on the switch, sounds like an issue with these guys
>>
>>381645706
this game isnt even made by nintendo...
>>
>>381645706
Wow can someone translate this post out of downie speak and into english?
>>
>>381645815
"these guys"

Mr Sticky said same shit you fuck , how many examples you even want , how many games even are there beside their first party games on system so far with constant updates.

>>381645868
Yes idiot?

They literally say you cant make lets say 5GB update for this game and expect to be third party games to release for their shit toy platform.

32GB my ass even Wii U had 10gb updates.
>>
>>381645956
>indie dev rushed a game out for release
>wanted to patch in online play
>patch does not meet nintendo's standards so they have to keep asking for exceptions
>this process goes on for 2 months with no end in sight
>>
OP hasn't taken his nap again I see.
>>
>>381646073
who the fuck is mr sticky?
>>
>>381646073
>They literally say you cant make lets say 5GB update for this game

from your post, they literally asked nintendo for an exception and got it
>>
>>381646132
Oh i see. Sounds like nintendo honestly. They've always been notorious for shafting third parties and being generally unreasonable.
>>
>>381645464
>her
>>
>>381645464
Learn how to use the fucking ENTER key.
>>
>>381646182
Probably the poster himself, judging from his horrible English
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 625x626px
>>
>Nintendo lets publishers do whatever the hell they want with patches
>Three years later, own dozens of games
>Every other day some shit indie dev pushes an 8GB patch to fix some tiny issue
These rules are there for a reason. Don't publish on a platform if you don't like the rules.
>>
File: 1498255133388.gif (469KB, 512x807px) Image search: [Google]
1498255133388.gif
469KB, 512x807px
>>381645464
>>381645706
>calls nintendo retarded
>types like he has down syndrome
>>
>>381645464
>Dev: lol we just rushed this game out can we patch in the online day 1 pls?
>Nintendo: Fuck no, that patch is too big, you should have launched the game complete
If Sony did this, /v/ would be calling them based.
>>
It's about time Nintendo stops making hardware.
>>
File: aksdhglas78agsuyg2367ikg32.jpg (119KB, 1055x457px) Image search: [Google]
aksdhglas78agsuyg2367ikg32.jpg
119KB, 1055x457px
IF NINTENDO IS SO GREAT WHY DIDN'T THEY MAKE CRASH BANDICOOT BEFORE PLAYSTATION DID
>>
>>381645464
How people did not anticipate these limitations (for what is essentially a mobile device) is beyond me.
>>
>>381645706
>shit game maker complains about their game being shit and pretends that patches can make it "good"

woooow
>>
>>381647036
Because they had Mario 64.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-24-11-23-38.png (96KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-24-11-23-38.png
96KB, 480x854px
>>381645706
It's okay when...
>>
>>381647675
But they are right.
>>
>>381647675
>either allow full patching or prevent devs from releasing buggy unfinished games
What's your problem? Sounds reasonable
>>
meanwhile at neofag
>>
I don't understand Nintendo sometimes. I really don't.
>>
>>381649729
I don't understand why a developer can't ship a fully-functional game at launch. I also don't understand why a developer would complain about patch size restrictions when they should have known about limitations prior to the release.
>>
>>381649936
Umm could you not be toxic? Devs cant be expected to know that. Theyre busy developing grrat games.
>>
Damn, now I can't get the update that puts fucking YOUTUBE E-CELEBS in my fucking NBA GAME.
>>
File: 1318560781002.jpg (113KB, 389x251px) Image search: [Google]
1318560781002.jpg
113KB, 389x251px
>>381645809
There he is, the 'Nintendo-will-go-3rd-party' retard.
>>
>>381647036
Crash Bandicoot was shilled by Sony a desperate attempt to deflect from Mario 64 - much in the same way Sony shilled Horizon in a desperate attempt to delfect from BotW. Both pitiful.
>>
>>381646908
Awww are you gonna cry?
>>
>>381646708
>no rules in steam pc ps4 xbox or mobile
>b-but its okay to nintendo have rules , they are protecting childrens
>>
>>381645464
Get off the fucking internet child. 18 and older.
>>
>>381650820
Then he was bashed with a shovel and his corpse was sold to make shitty multiplat games.

woah
>>
>>381650990
>no rules in Xbox
I don't know if they changed it but back in the 360 days the updates couldn't be over 15Gbs.
>>
>>381646756
hmm
tell that to Splatoon then
>>
>>381649936
yeah its devs problem when they are like 3-4 people working on those indie games and "having to agree bullshit nintendo rules".

Platform holders are all trying to make easier for indie developers or 3rd party developers. Not trying to fuck them with bullshit shits like this.

if you are this stupid then dont cry when nobody makes games for you shit system
>>
>>381647675
>>381649562
>"you have to ship with online functionality, patching it in late is bad QA"
>Nintendo Switch's online functionality isn't functional at launch, but they promise it's coming soon.
Don't hold your developers to a standard you yourself can't meet.
>>
>>381650998
do i get off with entire nintendo with me?
>>
>>381651537
True, there is nothing wrong with what they are doing desu. Patch sizes have gone insane recently, fuck those lazy ass shits
>>
>>381651612
7GB patch is insane?

fuck off with that shit it is not like this is nu-Doom and having 50 gb patches.

size's are getting higher because assets are getting more higher quality and 4K shit.
>>
>>381645464
>.com.tr
Like you turks are able to code a game for an N-Platform.

Also stop writing such bullshit.
>>
>>381647139
Exactly this.

We have to be thankful for Nintendo to be so strict(even though they even made an exception and allowed it ANYWAY!).

Keep those trash devs out with theier retarded hipster games.
>>
>>381651195
If you were a dev you would know there are own Servers for dev environment and can test all online functionality completely without any limitation!

So it's absolutely not an argument.
>>
>>381649562
Then why they released BotW?
>>
Nintendo haters really are on damage control, I am so glad the Switch ended up being a major success.
>>
>>381652579
Nintendo is literally killing gaming at this point. They do retarded shit all the time and everyone still keeps sucking their dick.
They released a 7/10 (8 at most) Zelda that basically stole all ideas from other games and now every big title will fall even more into the "open world" and "ubisoft towers" meme.
Can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077 to have cooking from BotW.
>>
>>381652707
>Nintendo is literally killing gaming at this point.

Explain.
>>
File: v_inThe90s-1-1.jpg (155KB, 1000x570px) Image search: [Google]
v_inThe90s-1-1.jpg
155KB, 1000x570px
>>381652707
>They released a 7/10 (8 at most) Zelda that basically stole all ideas from other games

Daily reminder; pic related.
>>
>>381652707
ebin xd
>>
>>381645706
Well maybe they should wait for the game to be finished until release.
>>
>>381652764
>damns emulation
>gets caught at GDC using the same header from emulator dumps and reselling them on the virtual console
>starts shitting on emulation sites to cover their tracks
>99% of the games they complain about emulation for aren't even in virtual console.
Gee I don't know maybe, because they're hypocrites damning game preservation
>>
>>381652932
>wait for finished release
>nintendo-tards saying MUH WE WONT BUY LATE PORT MUH wahoo
>>
>>381653047
Proof of the second quote? I would rather wait for a finished port and I don't even have a switch
>>
>>381653020
>AM2R comes out
>it's free
>Reggie says it's profiting off nintendo and is not a true fan project, because it's hosted on a site with ads in the background
Fuck Nintendo.
>>
>>381653020
So they're "ruining gaming" because they exercised their rights?

Nice.
>>
>>381653118
emulation isn't illegal though in any part of the world.
>>
>>381651191
>b-but we didn't know we wouldn't be able to follow the terms of the agreement we had with Nintendo!
Give it a rest. The developers should know whether or not they'll be able to develop a title for the platform. Clearly, this developer got in over their head, despite knowing the terms and guidelines they would be required to follow when developing for the platform.
>>
>>381652906
I wonder how much 3D RTS, MOBA, FPS and Fighting Games borrow from Mario.
Is this guy a fucking retard?
>>
>>381653191
Bu they didn't remove emulators did they?
>>
>>381653196
Miyamoto is and forever will remain a cunt, he had the balls to shit on rareware, because they were better programmers at the time of making the first three donkey kong games on SNES. He openly admitted his jealously and hatred they couldn't get 3D shade on Mario.
>>
>>381653020
>>gets caught at GDC using the same header from emulator dumps and reselling them on the virtual console
I still have never once seen the supposed problem with this. Yet it seems to infuriate people on /v/ all the time.
>>
>>381653376
Yoshi's Island was a better game than the entire DKC trilogy.
>>
>>381653417
The problem is it makes them giant hypocrites, if it wasn't for emulation scene existing to begin with virtual console for Nintendo would never be a thing.
>>
>release an incomplete game
>say other features will be there next week
>nope
>say it's a size issue
>can fix it by re-releasing the game at a smaller size
>this goes against Nintendo's guidelines
>guidelines they have had for months
>complain when they don't think the rules should apply to them

Yes, Nintendo should be getting better at cooperating with third parties, but they shouldn't bend over backwards for them because no one can optimise their game or file sizes.

I miss the old days where a buggy game was released and, as a result of it being broken, no one bought it. Now you can put out games that are unplayable and stick a big advertising campaign behind it and everyone wants one because it will be updated for months to come.

Now normies think this is perfectly normal and they just let it slide.
>>
>>381645706

>Make shit game
>Game continues to be shit
>Hurrr Nintendo retards durr...

Yeah no.
>>
>>381645706
>broken
Yeah nah, at least the online works
>>
>>381653517
Why is that even a guideline, why is it an issue to begin with. Is Nintendo now going to full memory card racket like Sony?
>>
>>381653020
>>381653114
so they're killing nintendo roms and fan games?
just emulate sega and sony roms/isos and make sony fan games instead!
>>
>>381646908

Nope. As a matter of fact they are going to outlive Playstation and Xbox in the hardware industry.
>>
>>381653486
This isn't hypocritical at all. They own the code, they have the right to do whatever with it, including using it for themselves
>>
>>381653612
I think the only people who hate on Nintendo are people who can't find a Switch.
>>
>>381653579
>Sega was actually based enough to release a genesis megadrive emulator that's fucking crazy as shit and amazing with full collections of all the games.
>and they humblebundled it for a fucking dollar
>>
>>381653486
>The problem is it makes them giant hypocrites
What? They're just using it because the work was already done for them.
Why should they do it themselves? That'd be utterly stupid and nonsensical.

People did good work, using their properties, without their permission.
Why should that stop them from using said work afterwards?

I am all for emulation and I love all of it. But the idea that Nintendo can't use any of it is just outright asinine.
Since the work is already done and since the work is already good. They should be using it.
>>
>>381645706
>people actually believe this and think it's not the dev making shit excuses for late patches
>>
>>381653627
At least give royalties to the man who actually made it possible to create those dumps in the first fucking place since every single rom in the virtual console uses his fucking header and dump signature. Without the father of Nintendo emulation none of that shit would be possible.
>It's okay for Nintendo to piggy back off others outside their company for profit.
>It's okay when Nintendo does it.
>>
>>381653653
Because Sega had fuck all to lose. They've been circling the drain for 20 years. They're SEGA in name only now.
>>
>>381653579
>>381653653
Sega is actually going based because they realized the potential of PC releases. They will port more and more games now.
First Bayonetta sold about 1.2mln copies in 8 years meanwhile Steam release was not even month ago and it sold 200k copies already.
>>
>>381653750
But the people who made the rom is piggybacking off Nintendo too, so its okay when THEY do it?
>every single rom
It's fucking one rom, are you high or something?
>>
>>381653757
Recently they been on the ball.
>Release Bayonetta on PC with the announcement taking place in a 8 bit version of the game for april fools
>a month later release vanquish and patch bayonetta issues and add more settings
>3 days later patch vanquish and add more settings
>news set that they aren't done with PC ports
I'm hoping for Jet Set Radio Future next.
>Meanwhile Square hasn't patched NieR Automata's resolution fullscreen bug and it's been 4 fucking months.
>>
>>381653930
Bayo 2 is on Cemu too, fuck yeah
>>
>>381653930
They also teased possibility of Persona and Yakuza ports.
NieR wasn't patched on PS4 even. It's just Square being Square.
>>
>>381653849
Actually every NES and SNES rom uses his header.
Just because one example was posted doesn't mean that's the only example. In fact the reason every single rom uses his header is because he designed the method to extract and it uses his tools.
>>
>>381653986
I got all the way to Persona 4 on emulation.
Though I would like to see golden and Persona 5 on PC. What I really want to see though (Nintendo would never agree to it) is original SMT games from famicon. I know they could do the PC Engine games, but it will probably never happen.

Yakuza on PC would be pretty awesome.
>>
>>381652290

Because it's a finished game?
>>
>>381652707
You sound booty blasted anon, best you have a lay down. A nap might cure you of the grumps.
>>
>>381654161
The game has patches
They sold you an unfinished game
DLC is cancer
>>
>>381650990
Yeah and they all have a huge problem with quality control.
>>
>>381653750
>At least give royalties to the man who
broke the law? Why?
Don't get me wrong I respect his work and others of his kin. But you can't expect them to receive a level playing field when it comes to legal matters. They were never in the "right" to begin with.

Why would you ever expect any compensation whatsoever?
>>
>>381654161
DLC is literally Hard Mode. The fuck are you talking about.
Everything what happens with Switch and this game is basically "It's ok when Nintendo does it."
Maybe stop sucking their dick and realize what they are doing.
BotW is a highly repetitive game that is fun for first few hours. It's not revolutionary at all but you can be sure that every new Triple A title will brag about how it is like BotW but "BIGGER", just like they did with Skyrim and comparing map sizes.
TESV caused gaming to start dying and BotW buried it for good.
>>
>>381645706
is this why third parties have a bad stigma towards Nintendo? Because of shitty developers?
>>
DLC and patches were a mistake
I hate that shit
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (191KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
191KB, 1280x720px
>>381650990
>>no rules in steam pc ps4 xbox or mobile
>>b-but its okay to nintendo have rules
Oh come the fuck on. It's more than ok for everyone else to have rules too. I mean for crying out loud, Steam are at this very moment investing quite a lot in trying to revamp Steam in order to combat this very issue. At the very least they're trying.

But then again, what would we ever do without master pieces such as Life of Black Tiger on the PSN.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/uM523jjrvf4

That is a game that shouldn't exist on the market place. And there should be rules to prevent that kind of crap.
>>
>>381645592
fuck off todd with your skyrim
>>
>>381654858
literally skyrim with tigers
what's the problem here?
>>
>>381654576

>hard mode

That's not the game being unfinished, that's just Nintendo being Jewish.
>>
>>381646756
this.

For real though, if the game hasn't even gone gold yet, why sweat getting it to market BEFORE it is functional? It's like if you NEED more time, fucking TAKE MORE TIME, if you just like fucking off because of cartridge space or some other lame excuse, then optimize your fucking code! Console games should NEVER require an online connection to get them running (apart from MMO-whatevers).
>>
>>381645706
>linking reddit
Why am i not surprised?
Why don't you stay there?
>>
>>381646756
It was Nintendo in the first place that rushed the release.
>>
File: 1419458782442.gif (491KB, 509x341px) Image search: [Google]
1419458782442.gif
491KB, 509x341px
>>381654969
Even disregarding how the game is complete shit. It doesn't even own the material it is using.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNvTNaBj3W8
>>
>>381654480
Backing up your games is entirely within the law. Distributing the backups is what is illegal.
Making tools to help others back up their games is in no way illegal, just like creating an emulator is in no way illegal.
>>
>>381655229
No, they didn't.
>>
>>381655504
Emulation isn't illegal. But a breach of licence is. And adding a header to a game like that is actually a breach.
And I'll repeat myself, because it seems to be necessary to do so all the time on /v/. I am not opposed to any of it. But don't pretend like it's legal.
>>
>>381655534
Yes, they did. They have a rule that games have to be released on the same day as other consoles, so either they delayed every version for one, or patched the switch version later. But Nintendo are being dicks as usual.
>>
>>381655752
So? Nintendo didn't rush anything. If the devs actually bothered to finish their game before releasing it, there would be no problem.
>>
>>381655752
Why even argue with Nintenfags.
They will always believe that this company can do no wrong and will perform most absurd mental gymnastics to prove that even if they worked small poor children to death forcing them to make Switch, it would be a good thing.
>>
>>381645464
>don't want to even talk about it

Then you shouldn't have written a tl;dr wall of text you fucking dork
>>
>>381655987
If only Nintendo actually bothered to make a proper BotW and Switch release...
>>
>>381654576
It's pretty fucking obvious that the 'hard mode' in BotW has a lot more thought put into than a regular hard mode option has. Not to mention that the hard mode is literally one tiny faction of the complete dlc content.
>>
>>381646708
There's two extremes to this, something we saw when Nintendo led the competition and what we're seeing now with the Sony/Multiplat led market. Back when Nintendo was top dog, their first parties moving consoles essentially made them the gate keepers. "Do what we say or you won't reach our market." Nintendo whipped third party devs with unreasonable demands and standards and built up tons of ill will towards themselves from the larger community. Hell, the Playstation existing at all is often argued to be Nintendo's fault from just such an incident, though it's an incredibly two sided issue.

So Sony came in and became the third party machine. The market began to swing away from first party exclusives to third party, and recently the massive, AAA, third party multiplat that now rules the market. And we see the issues there. Incredibly standardized and casualized games made with bloated teams and budgets necessitating bloated ad budgets to make them reach bloated sales numbers. Since Sony needs multiplats more than they need it, you see them shilling out for "exclusive" DLC and allowing no quality control to run rampant. Third parties couldn't give less of a fuck to do anything but just above what the consumer will tolerate, from terrible patches to poor quality games in general. There have been games that physically broke the console they ran on.

Nintendo's Seal of Quality resurrected the industry in the US. It was an assurance you were at least getting something worth buying that had been put through the ringer. But third parties can't be beholden to a monolithic console company to completely dictate how they should work. Of course, right now, that's hardly a problem for them. They're so ontop Nintendo has had to loosen up for them, even just a bit. They increased the RAM on the Switch per Capcom's recommendation, who then proceeded to make jack all for the Switch to justify it.
>>
>>381655996
>>381655752
>They have a rule that games have to be released on the same day as other consoles
Bullshit, see: Dragon Quest XI which is releasing a month later on the Switch compared to the PS4 version.

Microsoft is the one known for that rule because of Rayman Legends.
>>
>>381651048
Splatoon's patches were nowhere near as big as this.
>>
>>381652906
yeah and every film ever made is inspired by thoose shitty mute black and while films but it doesn't make them less shitty, its called progress.
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.