[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

$450,000 just for Life is Strange!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (98KB, 800x1120px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 800x1120px
Why the fuck has Jennifer Lawrence made $250,000,000 during her career?
>>
>>381641560
At least she's not Anthony Burch
>>
>>381641560
the fuck does Katniss have to do with Super Hipster Sisters?
>>
I genuinely think she's CUTE
>>
>>381641853
me too
>>
>>381641560
Wait, what? They didn't actually pay a voice actor that much did they? Gal Gadot only got a 300 grand paycheck for Wonder Woman.
>>
nepotism and mediocirty
>>
>>381641560
>>381641792
You would think his sister Ashly wouldn't let her brother become such a fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>381641927
>>381641853
I used to when she had proper long hair.
>>
>Tiny Tina isnt one of the best characters of all time
more like Ashlegit
>>
>$450,000 for one game
>on strike because she is not paid enough

are these people high?
>>
>>381642019
You disgust me
>>
>>381641560
>$450k for a single game
I recognize she's a decent voice actor but that price really shows everything wrong about the industry, this shit is becoming a second hollywood ffs.
>>
>>381641560
but anon if voice actors doesnt get atleast half a million they will throw temper tantrums
>>
Don't these union fucks want royalties and shit for doing a few dozen hours of voice work?
>>
>>381642957
thats one of the "if we can get it, cool"
but the strike is actually A lot about the working conditions, which are surprisingly sub-standard
>>
>>381641560
I want to be honest Ashley is generally annoying but im not sure if shes that bad.
I honestly cant decide if i like her work or hate it.
Any one want to help convince me?
>>
>>381643048
>substandard

tell that to cartoon voice workers justin roiland writes voices and produces a show and barely makes 200,000 a year
>>
File: Hannah-Telle.jpg (4MB, 2206x2376px) Image search: [Google]
Hannah-Telle.jpg
4MB, 2206x2376px
>>381641853
Max's VA is cuter
>>
>>381643183
cartoons =/= videogames
>>
Source for that rate?
>>
>>381643229
why are the VAs both the polar opposites of their characters?

do you think ash ever had her way with hannah in the back room?
>>
>>381643048
What about the working conditions were they un-satisfied about?

The last time I checked about the matter the argument seem to about basically boiled down too them complaining about the fact the bonus they get upfront for recording the game is not residuals.
>>
>>381641560
I get that voice acting isn't EZ mode but you shouldn't be getting a higher paycheck than a brain surgeon or astronaut because you drive to a booth and spend an afternoon saying shit into a microphone. VAs don't even have to memorize scripts, act out, anything. Even performance actors deserve more than VAs do.

Pay them fairly, sure, but VAs like Burch are greedy fucks with their heads so far up their asses that it's not even funny at this point.
>>
>>381642117
you have to remember though its a union, not everyone in the union is going to support the idea of striking but they have to go along with it or else they ruin their career.
I think Ashley has a passion for LiS because even though she cant act for the voice in the new game shes a writer now.
It sort of shows imo that she wants to work but the industry is holding her back.
Thats just what i see i could be totally wrong.
If she does work during a strike she'd get her career ruined.
Im guessing the strike is more for extras in stuff.
Although i do find it strange that VA live mostly middle class lives and still live a very open life. Ive been stalking VAs on facebook lately. and i found a few semi famous ones and their actual facebook account a lot of them lead pretty normal lives compared to a real movie actor.
>>
>>381643315
Idk but I heard that Kate's VA and Max's VA are dating IRL
>>
>>381643462
fuck unions
>>
>>381643462
>>381643593
Unions suck and anyone in on the protest personally is an abhorrent person. Greed's one thing, but getting paid nearly half a million for sitting down and reading lines in a comfy studio for a week and bitching about you not being paid enough is complete lunacy.
>>
>>381641792
If that's her in OP pic she looks just like him, which I'm sure that fucking cuck burch would take a compliment
>>
>>381643593
I gotta agree in a way, It really feels like this voice actors strike is hurting people who want to work.
Remember the VAs didnt collectively talk and decide the strike, the big guys upstairs did.
I have this obsession with voice actors, I talked to one on a stream and i asked them about the strike, she said a little bit about it but from what i could tell she was mostly in the dark about it too and said she was actually talking to producers about getting work after the strike is over.
This thing is actually hurting people who want to work do voice over work. but she did that negotiations opened back up recently and thats the last she heard.

and yes i did just admit i stalk voice actors on the internet.
>>
>>381642117
>could be paid more
>but nah, let's skip getting more money because some people on /v/ think you shouldn't
Don't get salty that you're not making bank on an easy job.
>>
>>381642018

>implying she isn't just as worthless a human being as her brother
>>
>>381643048
their greed is why the strike's still going on.
>>
>>381643732
Like the anon said, she was part of the union before the strike and so even if she didn't want to be paid more she has to go on strike as a union member
i think
>>
File: 7e4.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
7e4.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>381643593
>>381643732
>>
>>381643393
A big one I heard is for mocap actors. Their vidya industry directors are kinda incompetent and it results in injuries.

The royalties thing is bullshit, but that at least is a legitimate complaint.
>>
>>381644474
If you can't have 400k dollars
Then at least have one (you)
>>
>>381644474
I understand worker welfare and shit but there is a point where a union has too much power
to be fair though i have no actual experience with unions, like anything I talk about on the internet
>>
>>381643573
They went to Disneyland once.
>>
>>381645039
So?
>>
>>381641560
Source?
>>
>>381643732
most of the whining isnt about being paid enough, its about poor working conditions
>>
>>381644842
You'd rather have a corrupt union situation that makes sure you get paid than no union and not getting paid.

In recent years with NAFTA and the proliferation of mega corporations like McDonalds and Walmart essentially shitting on the worker has shown that while unions are grossly inefficient bloated piles of garbage, the one thing they do is ensure that the worker gets paid a livable wage.

And that's all that matters. The whole point of unions originally in the 20s is to prevent workplace abuse and slave-like compensation; and they are still doing that job; that is the only job they need to do.

So for all the negative things that I could list about unions being corrupt and having too much power, they still get that single job done and they are probably single-handedly responsible for the middle class not completely going into the shitter. And if you don't believe that, compare a unionized worker in the first world to that exact same job in China.

Voice actors are little bitches and their union action is fucking retarded. However, without the union they'd get fucked in the ass just like everyone else in the industry except in their case, they actually have physical demands on their body that will cause permanent damage; they can't just do "crunch time" like a programmer can. I have to say they deserve to negotiate in a union for protections and compensation they certainly deserve. Will that kill game development to some degree? Yes. Do we need voice acting? Fuck no.

Ultimately this is what is going to happen. They will get what they want; game development costs shoot up; players will refuse to pay more for games because we're all pieces of shit, regulating voice acting to only AAA studios; therefore there will be less voice work out there but what work there is will be healthy and fairly compensated unlike every non-unionized job out there.
>>
>>381644474
GRRR WE'VE TALKED ABOUT THIS YOU MOTHERFUCKING CUNTSHIT, NO MORE NORMIE MEMES FAGGOT
>>
>>381643229
please tell me she has a dick
>>
>>381647008
no
>>
>>381641965
she didn't retard

that all came from a buzzfeed article that has since rescinded everything it said multiple times
>>
Post source, stupid OP faggot.

https://www.sagaftra.org/files/2016_video_game_agreement_0.pdf

According to this agreements, voice acting costs don't even come close to cracking $100k
>>
>>381644050
>job is supposedly easy and pays well
If it were true then why are you not doing it? I am and it's not easy and it pays like shit. The pros of the job is that it's fun unlike some shitty depressing 925 bs
>>
>>381643048
right, right, which is why they're asking for the residuals the devs actually deserve.
Greedy entitled jewish fucks.
>>
>>381646870
>Do we need voice acting? Fuck no.

You can't be this retarded now can you?
>>
>>381646870
You give modern dev studios too much credit, they would shit themselves and cry in their sleep if their AAA/"""indie""" studio had to deliver a single player experience where the only dialogue is delivered through text
>>
>>381643151
she's really hit and miss

tiny tina is beyond annoying, miss pauling is ok and i haven't played life is peculiar to criticize it
>>
>>381643229
I LOVE MAX
>>
>>381643732
>people below me, that I was once a part of and have many friends in, are treated badly
>i'm in the same union as them so have legal grounds to strike to show our employers, who value me hugely and require my work, that we want better working conditions for the guys at the bottom
>4chan calls you a cuck for doing this
makes you realise most of this board haven't done a days work in their lives, most bosses will walk all over the little guy if they get a chance and having people at the top supporting the bottom is exactly what is needed for many people who's livelihood will go away if their conditions do not change
>>
>>381641560
Are you fucking telling me that she is crying because she nearly got half a million for just saying some lines?
>>
>>381647889
NETWORKING YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>381641560
She's rich now?
>>
File: IMG_1717.png (167KB, 500x664px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1717.png
167KB, 500x664px
>read scripts and act out scenes in free time alone
>sing in shower and late at night before tucking in
>try to practice different emotional ranges in my spare time
>study all the different voices I hear on the radio and how to swap on the fly
>want to get into voice acting
>want to go panel different cons, meet fans, and have a wonderful time
>remember that I'm balls deep in a Mechanical Engineering Bachelor's degree already
>remember that the unions still buttfuck you if you do or don't let them get their hooks into you
>remember that all the work is generally out in California, the worst state in the Union, and it'd usually mean a full move from based New Jersey
>lose passion
>just curl up in bed and listen to all my favorite VAs while playing vidya instead
Maybe I should just go halfway point and get a job spinning records at the radio station downtown.
>>
>half a million dollars for some talentless hack to talk
and VAs want more. fuck them, can't wait till abobe voice and similar software gets so good that these fucks are out of a job.
>>
>>381643462
>shes a writer now.
I genuinely hope she'll be good and successful.
Mostly to make more fun of Anthony.

>>381643732
>>381643593
>unions suck
Fuck off, idiots.
>>
File: 1472687841888.jpg (195KB, 712x612px) Image search: [Google]
1472687841888.jpg
195KB, 712x612px
>>381655130
fuck off libtard
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.