[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that one console or handheld you deeply regret buying whats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 3dsxl.jpg (73KB, 1024x934px) Image search: [Google]
3dsxl.jpg
73KB, 1024x934px
>that one console or handheld you deeply regret buying
whats her name /v/ ? for me its the new 3ds xl, the screen is horrendously bad and there isnt a lot of exclusive new ips like the original ds had.
>>
Do you mean specifically for the 3ds or for the new 3ds?
>>
File: just think.jpg (24KB, 440x193px) Image search: [Google]
just think.jpg
24KB, 440x193px
>disliking the only good modern console
>>
>>381635201
Blame it on the resolution and games. They are all like 240p. Fucking proves that games will be developed for a system if enough buy it though. I still want that underpowered shit to die already.
>>
>>381635294
specifically for the 3ds
>>
>>381635201
I bought a 2ds that doesn't get much use but I don't regret it because it was so cheap
>>
>>381635323
>3ds
>modern
>>
>>381635201
Any chance the New 2DS will have a better screen?
>>
>>381635201
PSVita...

And tons and tons of tamagotchis if they can be considered handhelds.
>>
>>381635551
The new 2DS XL is shipping with TN screens (the shittier out of the two types available, TN and IPS), at least from what I've heard.
>>
>>381635201
I don't regret it, but I gotta wonder why every single 3D game on it is jaggy AS FUCK. Every single one, it's amazing. It makes everything incredibly ugly.

I love me some pokemon and phoenix wright, though.
>>
>>381635551
The new 2DS is the cost cutting model, what do you think?
>>
well I only buy systems to play Pokemon and have PC. so I don't regret a damn thing but the worst is the ds lite. I bought 2 both fell and smashed into pieces. so softt
>>
File: 1392443073993.jpg (5KB, 96x125px) Image search: [Google]
1392443073993.jpg
5KB, 96x125px
I bought a Sega Saturn because I had a great time buying a Genesis, finding cheap games at local places, and playing them, did something similar with a Dreamcast, but with local cheap games and also pirating this time.
I was expecting sort of a similar situation when I decided I should pick up a Sega Saturn.

This was an incorrect assumption

>Games cannot be found casually at mom and pop stores
>If they are found, they are found online, at pretty much at a bare minimum of 100 dollars.
>No reasonable piracy solution
>Shit emulation

The only games I ever managed to get for it was Virtua Fighter and a japan only game, still not sure what it is though, because I found out after buying it that the system is region locked
>>
>>381637846
Post the cover lad
Also I feel bad for ya, Saturn was awful to buy for back in the day.
>>
>>381638391
I would but it's put away somewhere right now
>>
fucking niggers buy the xl version, the standar one is the white men choise
>>
>>381638492
Ah, oh well. Good luck then.
>>
File: E For Everyone.png (37KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
E For Everyone.png
37KB, 1200x630px
What would be the most ideal video game consoles for me?

I am a gamer who only plays video games Rated E for Everyone in the ESRB

And I look for a console that is for alguein that only plays to Games Rated E
>>
pii u
>>
>>381638917
t. manlet baby hands
>>
File: 1469229562887.jpg (86KB, 639x716px) Image search: [Google]
1469229562887.jpg
86KB, 639x716px
>>381635201
>bought a Wii U the week it came out
>>
My wii u, because it was pointless.

My 3ds because I really didn't think it was half as good as the DS.

My xbone, because it wound up just becoming 100% multiplats.
>>
>>381637846
>Saturn piracy.

I mean, you can just do disc swapping on some models, right?

The timing is hard, but that's how I pirate saturn games.
>>
>>381635201
I don't impulse buy so I have nothing to regret.
>>
The only thing the 3DS is good for is the 3D SEGA classics.
>>
>>381637846
Can't you just buy a preflashed pseudo Saturn cart?
>>
>>381635201
If you don't mind, I could take that N3DS XL off your hands. I still have an OG 3DS and the damn thing cramps my hands sometimes.
>>
>>381641806
>tfw downloaded Shinobi 3 because I always heard of how amazing it was
>makes my hand hurt like hell playing it on my OG 3DS
I also still need to buy Outrun and After Burner 2.
>>
>>381635201
>buying systems before enough good games are released and that you want to guarantee it won't be a regretted decision

Why do people do this? I don't always end up collecting a lot of games (pretty sure my combined GBA and GCN collections tally up under a dozen games) but I don't regret any of the systems I own because they were worth it from the very first game and only get better from there.

If pressed though I'd say my DSLite was a little underwhelming compared to the others. I'd gotten a few jrpg's and castlevanias under my belt in the GBA days and most of the DS library ended up unappealing to me thanks to a combination of N64 graphics/performance and the forced touchscreen gimmicks to the detriment of every fucking game they were in. Pokemon and backwards compatibility made it worthwhile though.
>>
>>381635201
>xbox one
If I had known Microsoft was going to turn their console into a restricted pc I would have never bought it. The original and 360 were great systems and didn't have any adware on their home screen. All your files were on your hard drive and it just felt like a console. Now with the Xbox one you're forced to use cloud sometimes.
>>
The 3DS is a god tier system if you hack it, and even without hacking I've gotten enough hours out of MH4U, Kid Icarus, and various JRPGs to feel worthwhile
>>
Didnt enjoy the Vita and the Gamecube much.
>>
>>381643878
I hacked mine, no it isn't.

At best you just get to pirate 3ds games and get a very mediocre emulation handheld.
>>
Its a solid nintendo machine. Can play like 85% of nintendos library on it, excluding a few gc and wii u games.
>>
>>381644296
>excluding a few gc and wii u games
I wouldn't define like 99.9% of a system's library as a few games.
>>
>>381643701
Didnt know og xbox was an all digital machine.

Didnt know the blades on 360 came w 4gb of storage and ads as soon as you connect it to the internet.

Where do you faggots get your revisionist history from?
>>
>>381644369
Also can't do shit for 64 games unless they had 3ds remakes.

SNES emulation is not the best at times...
>>
>>381644384
You must have not bought your 360 when it first came out. The original dashboard was clean and simple.
>>
I just wish the virtual console had a better selection.

inb4 just hack it. Don't want to put up with the hassle of keeping up to date with cfw and banhammer workarounds
>>
Pretty much every piece of hardware I own I am satisfied with. I just need a few good games to feel like my purchase was justified.

The only thing I ever got that really was a waste was the DSi. Never got anything with notable enhancements, DSiWare didn't really have any gems, and ended up having to rebuy a DS Lite anyways to play imported enhanced games. Since then, I don't sell my old models when I "upgrade" to newer ones.

>>381635551
It's XL, and a budget model, so no. If you want a screen that isn't going to make you completely want to kill yourself, you have to go for a non-XL system, and the non-XL New 3DS still pushes it hard.
>>
>>381644384
>Didnt know the blades on 360 came w 4gb of storage and ads as soon as you connect it to the internet.
iirc the OG blades menu didn't really have shit for ads unless you were on the marketplace or live section, but the revamped menu put them front and center.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.