[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bioshock Infinite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: bioshock infinite.jpg (140KB, 406x576px) Image search: [Google]
bioshock infinite.jpg
140KB, 406x576px
>this game sucks because they don't use the word nigger

you don't actually believe this, right?
>>
>criticising a small part of a game means you're dismissing the entire thing

you don't actually believe this, right?
>>
No, it sucks because the gameplay sucks, and the story is weak and lacks the bravery needed for the themes it deals with, the avoidance of the word "nigger" being a good example of htis.
>>
File: level design.jpg (636KB, 2768x1022px) Image search: [Google]
level design.jpg
636KB, 2768x1022px
>purports to be a shock game
>has none of the qualities which made the series enjoyable and successful
>>
>>381634946
No, I think it sucks because the story is retarded and the game director even admitted he based in on stuff he doesn't even understand.
Also, gameplay is just completely average.
>>
>>381634946
No, it sucks because the gameplay is shit and the game in general goes straight into the garbage the second the actual gameplay starts.
>>
No, this game sucks for many other reasons.
>>
>>381634946

>pretends to give you the option to be racist

Faggot game with no balls
>>
It claims to address racism when all it gives you is the one scene and an Irish only bathroom sign. It's embarrassing and literally pretentious.
>>
>>381635169
this is the correct answer
>>
>muh ebil white people
>shit gameplay
>shit atmosphere
>convoluted shit plot
>tries really hard to activate your almonds and fails miserably
>it's called Bioshock which means people automatically compare it to two superior games
>>
File: 1467267826425.jpg (662KB, 1888x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1467267826425.jpg
662KB, 1888x1280px
who the fuck are you quoting, and who has ever said that, in exactly the manner you are implying? Matthewmatosis' video mentions this small critique for about the span of a minute, and it's a legitimate criticism. It presents a theme without exploring it in any meaningful way, or without even giving it the extra punch that could lend some (admittedly cheap) impact to it. has absolutely nothing to do with the word itself or its historical context, Bioshock Infinite fails to capitalize on other themes too and it's a failure in those regards as well.
>>
BS:I was a disappointment because all the neat new ideas they wanted to implement got severely watered down

I'm still mad about the rails being so utterly useless
>>
>game about racism
>no racial slurs
huh
>>
The point of that critique is that it devalues the "shock" of making a game in such a controversial setting if the setting doesn't go all the way with it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.