[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LaTale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: latale008.jpg (1MB, 1471x1076px) Image search: [Google]
latale008.jpg
1MB, 1471x1076px
Only 4 more days.

What class will you be playing?
What should the guild be called?
>>
>>381626802
What?
>>
4 more days until what? A new season?

I haven't played in a while, but I have a level 145 rogue master.
>>
File: latalew361280.jpg (499KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
latalew361280.jpg
499KB, 1280x1024px
>>381626802
Oh cool, somebody else who knows this MMO exists.
I'll probably pick Saint again, can't go wrong there
>>
Why should I care about this game?
>>
>>381627478
It's like Maple Story, but better in many aspects and it has god-tier music.
>>
>>381627458
OGPlanet shut down LaTale and now PapayaPlay owns the publishing rights for North America. All progress on OGP will be deleted on June 28th, everyone will have to start fresh under the new publisher. You can transfer your account right now and get some returning veteran benefits when the game goes up.

Apparently they're taking this opportunity to rebalance classes and make some system improvements. I really hope they get rid of the fucking "movement being server-sided" nonsense.
>>
>>381627751
>"movement being server-sided"
that might be how the game is constructed though
>>
>>381627751
Cool, I guess. I hope the game updates aren't through that shitty launcher anymore.

I hope this game gets more attention, I really love it.
>>
>>381627890
Yes that is how the game is constructed, and it's annoying as all hell. I know of a few people that dropped the game because the movement sucks. It wouldn't be an easy thing to change, but it would be a good idea if they want to attract more players.
>>
>wiping
lel no thanks
I didn't even play and now I want to play even less.
>>
>>381628101
>getting upset at the opportunity to play an old MMO without the autistic whales whose years of built up power creep make everything you do immediately irrelevant
Your loss lad
>>
>>381628364
>non pvp game
>caring about what other people have
what I do care about is all those whales, you know, the ones who stuck with the game and kept it alive, are going to be gone. The first week and maybe even first month after the switch will be great, but any game that lasts this long and does a full wipe is bound to die immediately thereafter, unless they're giving out tons of free shit to people who had old accounts. I think I spent $20 on latale when it first opened up to get golden eyes, re-dye my character's hair white, and buy some shitty clothes.
>>
So what is new LaTale like? I looked at a leveling guide for the first few levels and it looks all completely different from how I remember it. Like you spend the first 50 levels grinding in a tower or something rather than exploring outside towns. Didn't seem all that fun to me.
>>
>>381628908
Are you completly unaware how badly the game git fucked by OGP? You may be the only person not satisfied with the wipe and the economy being reset to 0
>>
how is it better than maplestory?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PluTUY2JYjk

Probably the most unexpected theme. I mean some of the zone music is decent, but this one pretty good.
>>
>>381631237
>only decent
shit taste confirm
>>
>>381631075
Take it from me. I played this game at least 80% of it's lifespan on OGP. It's not. It's a decent game, but it's a constant run of:
- Get these equips and enchant them (nevermind the garbage success rates)
- Fight and farm this boss to finish your armor/help others/sell leech
- Be strong enough and then wait for the next update to bring in the next dungeon boss to do it over and over again.
Say what you want, but that's pretty much all people do in game unless they bother to speak to each other and be friends. Honestly, I didn't see too much of that within what (used to be) our toxic community. Unless actual new players come and people work together to keep the game funded, it's fucked.
>>
>>381630307
I'm totally aware. OGP is failing as a publisher, they're not far off from joining gpotato and ijji in the grave. A wipe is still going to solve nothing besides piss off whales who are still playing, while banking, nay, praying that new ones will show up to take their place on the new server.
>>
Did OGPlanet at least still maintain its "No BRs" policy?

I sort of washed my hands of them and didn't get into LaTale when Pangya got taken from them. (Hilariously, it turned out OGPlanet was a way better publisher. The fact that you guys are saying they fucked up LaTale makes me curious.)
>>
I couldn't play LaTale when it first got released because the the weird anticheat program (it's strange that they used GameGuard for every game except this one) used more resources than the game itself and my toaster couldn't handle it. Years later, I finally got a new PC, but I could never bring myself to come back to the game. I remember receiving some kind of flying egg as compensation for something, but I never hatched/whatever you do with it.

I don't know where I'm going with this cool story. Just thought I'd say it.
>>
>>381627723
Can I play as a priest/support and kill things?
>>
>>381632285
RIP pangya. korean version shut down, jap version has been coasting on the content that was put out 2 years ago for the last... 2 years. God damn that was a great game. I miss it so much.
>>
Oh god I remember being a part of the beta for this game. I'm down to try it again. Might try out monk because back when I played engineer was the newest.
>>
>>381633812
I knew it was gonna shut down eventually, but it pisses me off that "People lost interest in it when we stopped doing anything. That clearly means there's no interest in the game, period" was used as the final reason to shut down everything.
It had more than its fair share of gambling addict whales who'd keep the game funded as long as something new was put in Gacha every month, but they couldn't even do that.
>>
>>381635016
Yeah, I can't stand the jap version anymore, it's significantly more p2w than any of the other versions. It takes literal months to get characters, and I won't even get into how many years I spent building up to get a single set of good clubs on the jap version. I tried the thai one and it's okay, but having to switch my unicode to thai for JUST pangya and having everything else be fucked up because of it was just too big of a deal and I can't play it that much anymore.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwlUK1m_diM
>>
Account tranfer packages info released on forum
>>
>>381637094
>all that shit if you were playing
>nothing for people who had an original account
well now I don't even want to reinstall, lel.
>>
>>381637595
You get a pet if you are just a newfag
>>
>>381637702
I'm not even a newfag though I was in the beta, and made my account fucking ages ago, but because I didn't grind autistically (or rather, because I didn't pay ENOUGH money, even though I did spend money) I miss out on the good rewards and get a bunch of generic shit. Lame. They obviously have info on if accounts were created before 2010, why not offer another package to people who have accounts from before then instead of just offering people with old accounts one flat package. Respect how long people have been playing even if they don't have capped chars.
>>
>>381637849
Im not happy with these either anon byt its better than nothing, I will be diwnloading the game later to get to at least 170 if I didnt already have it
>>
>>381626802
What is this and why should i download it?
>>
>>381638224
You won't be getting to 170 because the characters you had are wiped. And they're not giving the rewards out to new chars that reach that benchmark, only if you had a 170+ on ogplanet.
It's straight up bullshit. It's not better than nothing because it's actually insulting to people who spent time playing the game, maybe even played in the beta but couldn't play up to fucking level 200 because it was a god damned chore to all be lumped together with people who just installed the game once ever, even a month ago. It's pretty bad.
>>381638368
2D platformer action MMO. real time combat with no tab combat, obviously.
It's comparable to maplestory and it's main draw against maplestory was the slightly more defined and anime-ish artstyle. It's controls are awkward but you adjust pretty quickly. It's free. It'll be a FOTM thing since the servers are wiping with the transition to a new service host.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.