[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mobile gaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: mobile gaming.jpg (115KB, 616x425px) Image search: [Google]
mobile gaming.jpg
115KB, 616x425px
Why are mobile games such shit?
I can't play turn-based, clickers or runners and they're all so repetitive and simple that it's boring.
The best mobile game I've played was Pixel Dungeon, but it's too heavily reliant on randomization for me to play it for more than a couple weeks at a time.
What kind of games does /v/ play on their phone? How could they be improved? Discuss.
>>
>>381621695
Why bother making a proper game when you can make castle crashers-esque shit with microtransactions
That shit has normies fucking hooked. They've dominated the game market and filled it with utter shit
>>
>>381621909
And to add on, I don't even play games on my phone anymore, I just use it for lurking and kik
>>
>>381621909
I don't have any mobile games either, I just delete them pretty much right away, but it pisses me off that there's nothing really good out there.
I know it has a lot to do with the kind of people playing on the platform, but controls are also an issue on phones.
>>
>>381621695
Emulated console games (get a controller)
Lumosity brain games
Chess
>>
>>381622246
Agreed, gta San Andreas feels like fucking shit on a phone and still has NO cheats
>>
>>381622349
What do you play emulated?
And do you really play luminosity games? Are they fun?
>>
>>381621695
Personally, I enjoy playing Plague Inc.
>>
I forgot to mention a lot of ds games are actually better on a phone
ie. Advance wars, ace attorney, professor layton
>>
>>381622539
It gets boring too fast for me tho
And you're not really doing all that much either
>>
>>381621695
Because you're obviously not the type of person they're aimed at. Phone players don't play games on their phone because they like gaming. It's just something to pass the time. Most people have a dedicated machine for gaming if they want to play games. Phone is just something to distract you on the commute or during break. These cheap games with only limited lives per time period is great because you get incremental rewards, and you get a clear stopping point. If you pick it up on an off day and play for longer than usual, you might spend some money on it here and there, but it is, for the most part, just something you do to fill gaps.
>>
>>381622560
What emulator do you use? Good performance?
>>
>>381622474
Some lumosity games are fun. Most of it is exercise for your head though.
I usually play super, genesis, gba and ds games. I haven't found a good ds emulator besides drastic and that costs 5$
>>
>>381622710
Couldn't they market to gamers tho? I know they don't now, that's fucking obvious, but why not try to make an actual game and maybe charge a bit for it. I'd pay money for an actual game that could occupy me for a long while, but all this swiping and tapping forever bs is not worth paying for.
>>
>>381622758
Drastic, i only found a pirate apk for it once. I ended up buying it
>>
>>381623228
What about controls?
>>
The PSP emulator PPSSPP is pretty decent as well. Recently played Persona 3 on it.
>>
File: AngryFace.jpg (30KB, 300x364px) Image search: [Google]
AngryFace.jpg
30KB, 300x364px
>>381621695
>why do they suck?
They're for an audience that plays for 5 minutes on the bus or while waiting in line/in a lobby for a huge majority of them. Involving, rewarding gameplay isn't a huge factor in making them.
>What do you play?
Battle Cats and Crash Fever. Potion Maker too but that's barely a game.
>improvements?
Make a few for people who want to play for longer. Don't rely entirely on flashy stuff (gacha), generic rewards (mission/quest rewards) or sexy anime girls (visual collecting stuff).
>>
The games by Rayark are pretty good
If you don't mind gacha, there's Starlight Stage and SIF which can be fun even without paying for micro transactions
>>
The only games I play are rhythm games, but even then I hardly play them. I try out the popular games for awhile like Sinoalice and FE heroes but then get tired after a week or so
>>
>>381621695
Google and Apple do a shit job of curating the good stuff out of the mountains of shit

I can give you a list of great "real games" on Android, besides emulators
>>
>Turn based games can't rely on a huge, rich story due to archaic file size limits

Mobile games will be better when they stop telling devs to keep them under 100mb.
>>
>>381624829
>>381623228
Dolphin works great on the new SD 835 phones (like the Galaxy S8/S8+)

full speed, sound, and higher than native rendering if you want
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.