[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I? Opens in 3 days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: swl.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
swl.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
Should I? Opens in 3 days
>>
>>381619548
Having the original grants you patron status for life on Legends. instead of 30 days at a time any other way.
>>
>>381619548
>Opens in 3 days

What? I'm downloading it right now.
>>
>>381619893
I just did the whole linking thing of the old account to legends.

What exactly am I going to need to buy in the new server if I had an existing account before?
>>
>>381619893
What disadvantages does being not a patron have?
I never got to play the old release so I'm 100% new.
>>
>>381620330
Probably just their F2P elements whatever they are. Still d/l atm so I don't know what those might be.

This move to a more single player rpg is EXACTLY what I wanted this to be when I bought it at launch. The MMO combat is what made me quit this game 2 times. Hopefully this will make it like I imagined it would be when I bought it at launch.
>>
>>381620435
Extra features, additional convenience, and in-game bonuses.
But being a free player doesn't lock you out of the game. Just you can't use some convenient things like instant bank access from anywhere or some other minor shit. The big thing is money and exp increase by like 15%. or something.
>>381620330
In game there is just some shop or some shit that allows you to buy it for 30 days at a time.

The game ins't Pay to win. Apparently everything can be earned. The original secrect world made you pay for all the extra stories DLC. In this one it is just available.

Carrying over your account whether free or purchased grants you all of you cosmetic items.
But the people who actually owned the game get permanent Patron status.
>>
>>381621050
Any way to get perma patron status?
>>
>>381621176
Other than owning the prior version of the game. No. Just Temp.
>>
>>381621341
Fuck
>>
>download speed of sub 1mb/s
Jesus. I'm just gonna download this shit while I sleep. I usually get 15mb/s on steam. Speaking of which, if I download my old version of TSW through steam does it install Legends instead or do I need to grab it through their site?
>>
>>381621690
Nevermind just read the news post on Steam. Guess I'm downloading while I sleep.
>>
File: kornwhyser.jpg (23KB, 277x480px) Image search: [Google]
kornwhyser.jpg
23KB, 277x480px
>trying to remake my old character
>can't seem to get it just right
>launch original game to compare the cc options
>TSW lets you individually select eye shape, nose shape, lips and jaw
>Legends only lets you choose "face"

w h y

these characters were already ugly as sin, and all the models look the same as before, why the in the ever-loving fuck would they make it even worse by stripping choices away? WHY?
>>
>Have old account
>Know Username and attached email
>Try to recover password
>Email isnt coming

Fuck you, send me my email
>>
Is it still possible to purchase an old key and activate it to get founder status?
I've always been interested in this game but after playing the original beta the gameplay was too awful to be worth buying.
>>
>>381622547
Have to monetize that shit, goy.
>>
Never did understand why this game was so loved on /v/. It was mediocre in every sense of the word
>>
>>381623079
Yeah but the sliders just aren't there. Unless you can literally buy more CC features with money, it's just straight-up worse.
>>
>>381623115
I thought it was a good concept but didn't care for the gameplay. great quest design though
>>
>>381623115

Had good mythology, world building and the quests were interesting. The combat was absolute shit though. So just one thing needed fixing.
>>
>>381619893
Don't you only get that if you bought the lifetime membership?
>>
>>381623115
>in every sense of the word

You must be trolling, I've played multiple mmos for 12 years, and TSW is in the top 5-10 easily. The combat was ass, but no other mmo has such intricate and detailed quests, not to mention the "episodes" those things are god damn Lovecraftian stories brough to life, sadly a lot of people never get there, they get stuck in the zombie town or the carnival level and think the whole game is bad.

The combat and the pvp were extremely low tier, I don't understand how it took funcom this long to fix it, Conan wasn't as bad as this in the same department.
>>
>>381623906
Looks like it. I just retrieved my account and it doesn't have patron status. Is there any benefit at all for old players that have lapsed subs?
>>
>>381623115
Name 3 story driven MMOs or RPGs set in the present day released in the last 7 years.
>>
>>381624079
>Playing an MMO for the story

Go watch a movie. A game needs to have good gameplay to be considered good
>>
>>381624161
You get all the weapon classes unlocked from the start and a couple other things. https://secretworldlegends.com/faq/
>>
>>381622791
Shit's just broken for a lot of people. Even if you were able to reset the password, you probably wouldn't be able to login.
>>
>>381624580
I'll use support chat tomorrow, that's fine
>>
So how different is it, exactly?
>>
>>381624248
you're just trolling, you have no idea what you're talking about, why do you waste your time just to troll people in mmo threads?
>>
>>381624079
Those 2 are the best areas in the game. It goes downhill after the academy aside from those amazing episodes which are basically long quest.

The second Egypt area in particular is really boredom inducing.
>>
>>381624790
Combat is still ability based but you now have to aim yourself.
>>
So it's class based now instead of free form?
>>
File: 1277110612371.jpg (47KB, 628x478px) Image search: [Google]
1277110612371.jpg
47KB, 628x478px
>>381624917
>You must be a troll to think games shouldn't be movies.
>>
Is the story part still same? Bought it long time ago but didn't get very far.
>>
>>381619548
You can already play it, they moved the headstart today. Download is slow af tho
>>
>>381625261
>an rpg isn't supposed to have a story, it should be a diablo clone
>>
>>381626481
>the only way to tell a story is through cutscenes and info dumping
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.