[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides not having Battle Frontier, what tangible reasons are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: ORAScover.jpg (164KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ORAScover.jpg
164KB, 1920x1080px
Besides not having Battle Frontier, what tangible reasons are there for everyone hating these games?
>>
It's the second least bad post-HGSS game, but it still did almost everything wrong.
>>
>>381619373
as someone who has loved the original Ruby/Sapphire from childhood, the remakes are a hugely disappointing experience
the games are way more casual (which is saying something because it's pokemon, which is already casual), the bonus content such as manually flying around Hoenn and finding random Legendaries is lackluster, and frankly it's just boring compared to the originals.

HGSS and FRLG are leagues better. ORAS felt like they were made just for the sake of it, not because a remake was necessary.
>>
>>381619373
The game never leaves you alone to simply play it. Your hand is held at every step. That alone is enough to ruin the game for me.
>>
>one late game gym has literally two Pokemon
>Even without shitty gyms you can get two Uber mons with minimal effort by mid game, making it all a huge joke
>Zinnia is a shit character. Her arc is generally worse than Emerald's rendition, with the only saving grace being the ten seconds of Fug gifted to us towards the very end
>All of the problems with Hoenn that already existed
>>
File: get fugged.png (519KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
get fugged.png
519KB, 600x1000px
>>
>>381620465
did she died
>>
>>381620998
No, she's hospitalized.
>>
Outside of the game giving you every pokemon and the kitchen sink I don't see a reason to get this game as it offers nothing new but the shit delta quest.
>>
>handholding
>teleport cutscenes (questionably worse, worse by my standards)
>megas still exist
>that lack of difficulty post game
>TOOT TOOT
>>
File: y u do dis.jpg (6KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
y u do dis.jpg
6KB, 262x192px
It made me realize that games that were part of my childhood have gotten remasters and ill never experience pokemon the same way again

>tfw there are kids that played pokemon vidya that are remasters of games you played as kid
>>
>>381619373
Autism.
I like it just cos my boy Sceptile's mega evolution is rad af
>>
Hoenn was a garbage region to begin with. Ending Gen VI with ORAS shows how little of a fuck Game Freak gave

Most of the issues with ORAS are clearly visible when comparing the games to HGSS, the last remake we got. It's night and day, literally
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.