[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This looks good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

File: 1491974685900.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491974685900.png
1MB, 1280x720px
This looks good.
>>
>>381615857
said no one
>>
ever
>>
>>381615857

It _looks_ good, that's the only selling point.

They will never ever make a game as good as the original Battlefront 2.

Just imagine Battlefront but with a 2 slapped on it, same microtransactions, same shitty gameplay, shitty space battles, shitty cards where you get your equipment from.

No space conquest, no large scale battles on massive battlegrounds, no driving tanks or vehicles, no Droidekas, no story mode.

It's not even worth pirating
>>
>>381615923
>>381615954
But millions of people have said it
>>
File: StarWarsBattlefront2_PC.jpg (27KB, 256x307px) Image search: [Google]
StarWarsBattlefront2_PC.jpg
27KB, 256x307px
>>381615857
Play the real one. EA's offering is gonna be shit in comparison.
>>
>>381616071

The same millions of people can be retarded neandathralls who don't know how to spend their money right and will buy it because it looks pretty and is a Star Wars game, not because they remember the good old Battlefront 2.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure anyone who says this game will be good has never even heard about the original games.
>>
>>381615857
I too am excited for gameplay-affecting microtransaction loot boxes
>>
>>381616054
Why do you spout things that are proven false?
>>
>>381615857
It looks like fucking shit OP.
>>
>>381616192
The origibal games are shit, off yourself
>>
EA. So it's fucked.
>>
>>381616054
>, no story mode.

Do research
>>
File: 1495673653430.jpg (86KB, 548x644px) Image search: [Google]
1495673653430.jpg
86KB, 548x644px
>>381616229
>>381616295
>>
>>381616295
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: 1476630090482.jpg (101KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476630090482.jpg
101KB, 800x800px
>>381616295
They may not be great games but they're pretty fun and I don't even like Star Wars. EAfront is just corridor cinematic bullshit with terrible balancing and stupid game design choices.
>>
>>381616401
>>381616616
Not a argument
>>
The best star wars game ever made is a mod for another star wars game.
>>
>>381616670

>im immune haha

Without originals, there wouldn't be this steaming pile of wank. You're one of those people who haven't even touched the original two games, you can't talk shit.
>>
>>381616670
If the originals are shit then EAfront must be the worst games ever made.
>>
>>381616648
Not like the previous games werent terribly unbalanced too, yeah let's give everyone 4 nades to spam and make a hero system that lets you play as a fast 1 shotting jedi that tons of health
>>
>>381616880
Better maps, had actual space battles in 2, balancing may not have been the best but it was better than EAfront, and it had far more content.
>>
>Battle for Naboo
>has Clone Troopers
>has Maul on CIS side
>has Rey on Naboo side

>''Yes this game is canon'' t. Disney/EA
>>
>>381615857
correction, it looks better. They're not the same
>>
>>381616851
If the painstakingly-rendered-to-the detriment-of-all-else boot fits
>>
>>381616797
>Without originals, there wouldn't be this steaming pile of wank.
Without shitty street fighter 1 there would be no street fighter 2, doesn't make the first one good though
>>
>>381616995
I don't mind clones no Naboo as long as the shit is era friendly. Han Solo and Rey fighting with clones is just jarring.
>>
>>381616989
Space battles were always bad
>>
>>381617018

Doesn't mean that EAfront will be good either. Look at how many people were dissapointed with EAfront 1, it was such a disconnect from the original game that it shouldn't even have the same title.
>>
File: Battlefront 2 writer.png (50KB, 633x331px) Image search: [Google]
Battlefront 2 writer.png
50KB, 633x331px
>>
File: 1360799496779.jpg (69KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1360799496779.jpg
69KB, 520x678px
We heard A LOTTA feedback. most of it positive.. but more of it "constructive"

here is what we have for you

>FUCK TIMELINES, PLAY AS ANYONE
>YOU HAVE NPC BOT TROOPS WITH YOU
>HUGE FUCKING MAPS AGAIN WHEN ITS LIKE 5 VS 5

they didn't listen to anything we said /v/
>>
>>381617264
The maps don't even seem that much bigger and they're all still segmented triple phase corridor bullshit instead of more organic completely open fields from the get go.
>>
File: 1360798091882.png (303KB, 447x589px) Image search: [Google]
1360798091882.png
303KB, 447x589px
>>381617404

I meant that yeah the maps are huge yet still segmented fucking chokes with no depth
>>
>>381617404
>i saw one map on one mode and think they are all the same

Ok
>>
>Neo-Trilogy "characters" inc. MaRey Sue, the chosen one so powerful that she eclipses ye olde Chosen One of the Prophecy
>modern DICE
>modern EA

That's three strikes.
>>
>>381617783
Oh wait, I forgot

>40 player cap
>>
>>381616295
Looks like someone didn't watch those wrist rockets
>>
>>381617184
Ah yes, Battlefront 2, a game known for its writing.
>>
>>381616995
Naboo in the first 2 battlefronts have Clones
>>
>ray fighting darth maul and bobba fett on the battle of naboo with clones and droids everywhere

this shit has to go
>>
>>381616995
I think they mean the story mode is canon, not the multiplayer, you fag.
>>
>>381618027
>Those metal monsters dug their heels into that alien hellhole and dared us to go in after them. So we did
>What I remember about the fall of the jedi is... is how quiet it was
>Things got so bad that when an incursion broke out in the prison sector we were almost happy to have someone shooting at us again
>No-one ever complained about the cold on Hoth... we could see the end of the rebellion in our blaster sights... and on that day on that planet, our blood ran hot with dreams of victory melting the ice that stood in our way
Seems decent enough to me, delivered well too.
>>
The last Battlefront game was actually fun. Despite all the autists screaming about "meh spashe battews". It's a great third person arcade shooter.
>>
>>381618851
EAfront is shit you faggot.
>>
>>381618851
>no singleplayer
>only one period
>extra maps are DLC
>a few overpowered weapons everyone picks
>no classes
>multiplayer dies in 2 months
>empty servers
>terrible flight controls
>vehicles are coupons, on rails AT-ATs
>the demo was 90% of the game

nu-/v/ needs to leave if it's going to defend this shit
>>
>>381619005
Did mommy not give you your meds this morning? You seem angry.
>>
>>381619005
>replying to blatant bait
>>
>>381615857
>An imperial perspective has never been done this way before
No, seriously. Are these fucking oafs even familiar with the story mode that the original Battlefront 2 had? How the hell are you faggots not seeing all the red flags that this game will be a shit show like the last?
>>
>>381618251
This is my only real gripe at the moment. This cross-generation hero shit needs to go. It's like when stormtroopers were allowed to not wear helmets, yet the devs fixed that in a later update.

Obviously more problems could arise, it being EA and all, with microtransactions, on-disk DLC, etc.
>>
>>381617783
Honest question: how is Rey a Mary Sue again? Okay, I'll admit she should have gotten her shit slapped by the Luke-trained Ben Solo, but other than that I don;'t understand. I've heard anons say she shouldn't have grasped the M. Falcon so quickly, but did no one remember she was a pilot/spaceship scavenger? That was a clear indication she understood how shit works.

So again, negating the points above, what made her a Mary Sue?
>>
>>381619707
There's a difference between having a chip in your brain turn on suddenly and tell you you're Empire now and growing up in the Empire and believing everything they do is right
>>
i pretty much try to buy a game each season, just so i have something to fuck around with for two to three months unil i move onto the next. this year i've literally only bought one game. and looking at the release schedule, this is the only game that i might actually enjoy in some capacity until well into next year.

I've become such a filthy casual I want to punch myself in the dick, and vomit all over my face.
>>
>>381620842
>What I remember about the rise of the Empire is... is how quiet it was. During the waning hours of the Clone Wars, the 501st Legion was discreetly transferred back to Coruscant. It was a silent trip. We all knew what was about to happen, what we were about to do. Did we have any doubts? Any private traitorous thoughts? Perhaps, but no one said a word. Not on the flight back to Coruscant, not when Order 66 came down, and not when we marched into the Jedi Temple. Not a word.

This was before the chip lore was established, they did this willingly because it was their orders. They didn't think it was right.
>>
>>381620603
An orphan raised in a backwater planet is also
>Talented scavenger
>Multi lingual (Droid,Wookie)
>Ace Pilot
>Combat proficient with melee and firearms
>Every one she shares a scene with after her introduction to ball droid likes and trusts her
>Everything she does with the force
>Even has a completely unique gift with force visions through touching a lightsaber

TFA is full of garbage fan fiction tier shite. She is the shining example of mary sue.
>>
File: clones.jpg (166KB, 1280x682px) Image search: [Google]
clones.jpg
166KB, 1280x682px
Sector is clear...
>>
>>381615857
I agree. It looks good.
>>
>>381622496
k. keep me posted
>>
>>381621734
the chip was a contingency thought right?
most of them still did it willingly I thought
>>
File: 3624187658956.png (143KB, 540x548px) Image search: [Google]
3624187658956.png
143KB, 540x548px
>>381622424
>Can use proficient force abilities
>Was able to keep up with a trained force user / duelist with less than a week of force training

It's hard to believe that people argue she's not a Mary Sue.

>>381622654
The lore post Battlefront 2 was brainwashing, they all thought it was right what they were doing and that the Jedi were evil. They felt no remorse killing them after Order 66 was ordered in the new lore. There might have been chips in their heads for various reasons but not in the case we're talking about.

Plus, it went through their thoughts post Death Star. They were enraged by the fact that the lot of their families / comrades had just been obliterated, immediately after they sacked the Rebel base and killed anyone they could find. The writers behind this new Battlefront are full of shit.
>>
Anyone else really liking how they are handling the republic?
I love that they are banking on the Baker voice acting and Fraternal themes of the clone army, it makes me actually give a shit about the soldiers when the commander yells "FOR THE HONOR, OF OUR BROTHERS"
>>
>>381615857
It seems to be a big improvement over the first EA BF game. But all it's doing is bringing elements from the original Battlefront 2.

Droids in HD looks cool as fuck, but there's still things that can go wrong with this. However no season pass bullshit is a big positive change and I may pick this one up at launch.
>>
>>381622997
The force user was also extremely injured and was trying not to kill her because he wanted to turn her.

I do think she is a Mary Sue though.

>The writers behind this new Battlefront are full of shit
The new battlefront writers havnt said anything about brainwashing. They literally never have talked about it. The chip came from George Lucas himself.
>>
File: Original-AOTC-Clone-Trooper-004.jpg (60KB, 794x680px) Image search: [Google]
Original-AOTC-Clone-Trooper-004.jpg
60KB, 794x680px
>tfw no Geonosis at launch
>>
>>381623776
you don't know that
>>
>>381623562
>and was trying not to kill her because he wanted to turn her.
I didn't consider that, good point.

I said they were full of shit because they're going about their own game as if a grey area Imperial perspective has never been done before. This kind of pre-release circle jerking is never a good sign.
>>
If I can't play as a Jawa or Ewok like in the original BF2 I'll be disappointed.
>>
>>381623921
Ah okay, people were talking about the chip and I thought it was a continuation of that. Ya I hate it when people act like this is a first time thing. Its not even a first time in this series they did it, much less star wars games
>>
>>381615857
>Battlefront 2
>Actually the 4th game in the series, not counting the spinoffs.
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>381624194
Oh, alright. I'm not expecting much from the game considering it's being looked over by EA, plus it's pretty clear that Dice doesn't really know what they're doing when it comes to making a Star Wars game.
>>
>>381622424
>Talented scavenger
What else would she do for food/money?
>Multi lingual (Droid,Wookie)
Droid is understandable, though I don't remember her speaking Wookie.
>Ace Pilot
So was Luke.
>Combat proficient with melee and firearms
>Every one she shares a scene with after her introduction to ball droid likes and trusts her
Everyone wanted to kill her or were trying to get the droid to where it needed to be.
>Everything she does with the force
This is a very fair point.
>Even has a completely unique gift with force visions through touching a lightsaber
Visions are common with force-sensitive people. It actually should be noted that she needed to touch the lightsaber at all. ALL others just get visions at random times with no medium.
>>
>>381623840
we're only getting four planets per era at launch and we've seen Naboo, Kashyyyk, and Kamino, so we're either losing Utapau or Geonosis
>>
>>381624971
> To at least some degree, it appears that flying land crafts on Tatooine prepares one for piloting small speedy starfighters. Keep in mind that Luke also has an astromech droid and targeting computers to fill in the gaps in his knowledge.
Plus, it was pre-established that Luke wanted to partake in pilot academy and had an astute interest in it before the events of the movies. Besides putting on a Rebel helmet, that's really all we get in the way of her piloting background.
>>
>>381615857
nu starwars 1313 is going to be better tho so I'd wait and skip this one unless you need something right now
>>
that's no hard feat
no Frostbite Engine game has ever looked bad
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.