[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of Silent Hill Homecoming?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Silent_Hill_Homecoming.jpg (51KB, 256x315px) Image search: [Google]
Silent_Hill_Homecoming.jpg
51KB, 256x315px
What does /v/ think of Silent Hill Homecoming?
>>
>>381610264

Pretty mediocre. Not the worst Silent Hill game, but it doesn't come close to 1-4. It took a bit too much inspiration from the movie.
>>
>>381610264
I liked it more than 2.
>>
>>381610425
>>381610264
None of the Silent Hill games are good
>>
It's pretty trash.

Level design, enemy design, boss design are all pretty shit. And the story is garbage.
>>
>>381610264
Great enemy designs, especially Scarlet and the final boss.
>>
>>381610635
Neck yourself.
>>
Its basically a combination of 1 and 2

Just without what made those games special
>>
The best silent hill game if you're a retard
>>
>Literally every western Silent Hill is a rehash of 2 with each of them even having their own version of Pyramid Head
>>
>>381610264
It was Silent Hill the Movie the Game.
>shit characters
>muh repressed memories
Really?
>pyramid head for whatever fucking reason
>enemies, locations, and pacing
Pretty uninspiring

Only saving grace was the music and mcglynns godly vocals.

I was hype at first since it was literally silent hill 5 but then i played it and was like, what the fuck.

Anyway, worth a playthrough if you must but it will het boring quickly.
>>
>>381610264
Alright for video game standards, but pretty terrible for Silent Hill standards. I liked it though. Downpour was much worse.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 256x197px
>>
Story was just another SH2 and everything else was mediocre to bad. The combat in general was pretty bad especially the melee. Enemies were kind of spongy. Pyramid Head was there for no reason and didn't really do anything. Area design was nonexistent. Everything looked so dull and drab. The only thing I've give it some credit for are the bosses. Those were pretty fun and creepy. Especially Scarlet.
>>
Probably the best one
>>
File: Silent Hill Origins Cover.jpg (59KB, 638x446px) Image search: [Google]
Silent Hill Origins Cover.jpg
59KB, 638x446px
Why is Origins so disliked?
>>
>>381611557
Fuck... i actually enjoyed downpour a little more. In it i wasnt thinking, "when is this gonna be over?"

I dont have shit taste but i believe i wanted to like it legit but seeing as it was the series' last shot at redemption. Ironic that the name is what it turned out to be jist that
>>
>>381611579
Is this official concept art?
>>
>>381610635
>enemy design, boss design

All original enemies looked great, other then the fucking stupid actual human enemies
>>
File: 1471334427303.jpg (13KB, 421x261px) Image search: [Google]
1471334427303.jpg
13KB, 421x261px
>>381610264
Not a bad game but certainly not great. I feel like it was the main games that started the trends of the MC being a "normal everyday guy" but is full on Rambo super soldier mode when in combat.

And yes I know the MC is ex-military, but he's still supposed to be a normal guy.
>>
>>381610635
>>381612064
There was nothing wrong with the actual designs of the enemies/bosses, I thought they were pretty damn good. The thing is that in a SH game each enemy/boss is supposed to be a manifestation of some sort of past trauma in the MC's mind, which makes classic enemies like the nurses in SH2 make sense with the story. The enemies in HC are definitely creative, but they're just monsters. They aren't tied to any psychological story element like they are in earlier games.
>>
>>381612357
Wasn't it revealed that the MC wasn't ex military at all and he just thought he was because he latched onto memories of his father?
>>
>>381612606
Shit, I can't remember. I haven't played since it was new and that's been about ten years now. Maybe.

Still, that only furthers my point.
>>
File: 1495229498995.jpg (979KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495229498995.jpg
979KB, 1200x1200px
>>381611747
Because its a western sh game
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.