[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

have they ever won a console generation, in terms of games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: microsoft.png (45KB, 1870x690px) Image search: [Google]
microsoft.png
45KB, 1870x690px
have they ever won a console generation, in terms of games?
>>
The 360 won if you're not into weebshit
>>
>>381607564
this. they aint gonna win again tho
>>
>>381607564

This. Fuck it even won some weebshits like tales of vesperia aka best tales which never got localized .
>>
File: Microsoft.jpg (80KB, 652x698px) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft.jpg
80KB, 652x698px
>>381607473
Xbox itself? Maybe with the 360 but they are far far away behind PS4 with the Xbone.
Microsoft as a company? Yes.
>>
Xbox 360 was the best console of its day, better than the Wii, and PS3 (in terms of games.)

Although the Wii U, Xbone, and PS4 were all completely worthless in terms of games, it's almost a 3-way tie for last place.

The switch will most likely win against whatever new consoles come out (Maybe the Xbone X is the best they have RN) and Atari always loses, but maybe the tables will turn.

GameCube still has the best lineup of games, of all-time.

N64 has some legendary ones, but most of them are trash though.
>>
>>381607473
Not this gen :^)
>>
>>381607564
Even had some good weeb shit to be honest, more or less the tolerable stuff, but that might have just also been the era and my own personal preference at work.
>>
File: segadoes.jpg (440KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
segadoes.jpg
440KB, 1500x1000px
have they ever won a generation, in terms of games?
>>
>>381608032
Detroit use Havok :^) >>381607945
http://www.dualshockers.com/quantic-dreams-aaa-ps4-exclusive-will-use-havok-cloth-for-physically-simulated-cloth-and-hair/
Microsoft is getting money on this game due to licensing.
>>
>>381608032
That shit is LiS tier, I get what you're trying to say, but that's a wog example. Fuck those dudes, they don't know their ass from the tower of babel
>>
>>381607473
360 was the best console last gen
>>
>>381607473
They've never won anything in terms of anything
>>
>>381607473
The Xbox 360 enjoyed a good start because the PS3 had a bad launch, but overall, that console generation was close contender between the 360, PS3 and Wii and there was no clear winner, each of the consoles had something going with it, 360 had Halo, Gear of Wars, Forza, etc, and several western exclusives, PS3 had God of War, The Last of Us, and several JP exclusives, and the Wii had some of the latest Nintendo games, backward compatibility with the gamecube, and sizable third-party.

But in terms of exclusives, yes, the 360 was Microsoft's best and they managed to do well without much Japanese support which is surprising considering there's plenty of good JP titles that come out.

>>381607564
Microsoft lack of Japanese titles has always been a problem due to the fact that they never bothered courting JP developers to producing for that console, Idolmaster was probably one of the very few JP series they held exclusively for a while until it was released on Sony's console, same with Dead or Alive 2/3/4.

The Xbox 360 was alright but the lack of the balanced mixture of Japanese/Western games the Sony consoles always had alienated me from the Xbox brand. The Xbox/X360 had some of the best multiplayer games that I won't deny but the lack of Japanese games alienated me from the system.
>>
>>381608230

>Saturn
>beat the PlayStation

What reality did you live in?
>>
File: 1497757122805.jpg (28KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
1497757122805.jpg
28KB, 500x362px
>>381608032
>Detroit
>Become Human
>>
>>381607651
They actually tired back then, They got mistwalker and had them make Lost Oddesy and Blue Dragon. They got square to go multiplatform with a FF mainline game for the first time since the PS1. Even then, they were exclusive to Nintendo until Nintendo fucked it up. FF13 was meh tho.
They actually really tried to make the 360 a worldwide success and appeal to all gamers. They kind of gave up later in the gen tho.
>>
File: petermoore1.jpg (22KB, 420x280px) Image search: [Google]
petermoore1.jpg
22KB, 420x280px
>>381610649
it went downhill when peter moore left. those first 4/5 years of the 360 were great tho
>>
>>381610649
There was a major change since they changed the CEO on 2014. They are trying to unifying everything, pushing Xbox games to other windows devices etc.
>>
>>381610649
>>381611098
We went from M$ funding games like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLJ5vXH5yb4

to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_xJqkzngBI

And it's worth remembering that Mattrick shot down Bungie's pitch for what would become Destiny, because he thought them working on anything that's not Halo wouldn't be profitable enough. They subsequently took it to Activision and it became the biggest selling new IP of all time.
>>
>>381607473
Halo 1-4 alone helped them win. ODST and Reach almost killed them and the Halo series with the massive sales drop after Halo 3 though. Kinect really hurt them.
>>
>>381611598
>And it's worth remembering that Mattrick shot down Bungie's pitch for what would become Destiny, because he thought them working on anything that's not Halo wouldn't be profitable enough.
I hate Mattrick so take this as defending but Bungie's Halo ODST only sold 3 million and Halo Reach only sold 4.7 million, that's a massive sales drop from Halo 1's 5.5 million, Halo 2's 8.46 million , and Halo 3's 14.5 million. 343's Halo 4 was able to sale 7.4 million, so it did make sense why he did it.
>>
>>381613285
*don't
>>
>>381608032
can't wait to point and click adventure
>>
the 360 won during the first half of the previous gen in terms of games.
if you are into brown and grey dudebro fps it was the best console of the gen.
>>
>>381614672
>if you are into brown and grey dudebro fps it was the best console of the gen
Funny thing about that was that when ODST and Reach did that the Halo series sales dropped like a kidney stone.
>>
>>381613285
>Halo Reach
sold over 7 millions copies. What are you talking about? Probably reached 9-10 millions life time.
>>
>>381615625
It only sold 4.7 million by September of 2011. Halo 4 is the game that sold over 7 million, why do you think Halo starting with 6 and beyond will be a Master Chief only game, no Arbiter, Alpha Nine, Noble Team, or Fireteam Osiris.
>>
File: Halo4_ExpertZone_03.jpg (137KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
Halo4_ExpertZone_03.jpg
137KB, 640x481px
>>381615809
Here is some legit data from 2012.
>>
>>381616017
Never saw this, I plan to take it for myself, but Halo 3 did still manage to reach 14.5 million in sales right after.
>>
>>381607564
It did have a few of those game, but the main audience for the 360 was dudebros which is why you never hear about them.
It had the fucking idol master of all things, and what many consider to be the best tales game, but the vast majority of the western 360 audience wasn't into those games and japanese consumers could see that they were a desperate attempt to garner eastern consumers, and with the extremely few of these types of games on it the weeb games on it appealed to neither.

MS tried to get more of them on the system, but japanese devs just weren't interested.
In part because MS wasn't japanese, but also because MS was making their console for the sole sake of cashing in on the console market while many devs just wanted to make games out of passion.
Sony probably made their systems for pure profit too, but the playstation brand was well established by this point and if nips have to choose a side they're going to stay loyal to other nips.
>>
The Original Xbox library was better than the Gamecube library.

Xbox 360 library had a strong start but is mostly sucky.

Xbox One has interesting titles but is also irrelevant.

Disclosure: IMO, the best libraries from gens 6,7,8 are the PS2, Nintendo DS and WiiU
>>
>>381607564
>Buy PS3 & Wii expecting to play new entries in great franchises which have been on Sony consoles for a decade
>Tenchu is on Xbox
>Ace Combat is on Xbox
>Xbox kiddies then kill both series
Ace Combat comes back to PS4 then saves the franchise
>>
>>381616017
I'm this guy>>381616475
So
Halo 1 is over 6 million
Halo 2 is over 8 million
Halo 3 is now over 14 million
Halo ODST only sold 5 million
Halo Reach had a sales drop and stopped at 7 million while Halo 3 kept selling
Halo 4 is over 7 million
and Halo 5 is only over 5 million
I can see why they're sticking with Chief for all future FPS titles.
>>
>>381616563
>MS was making their console for the sole sake of cashing in on the console market
microsoft made a console because sony refused to work with them
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/06/why-microsoft-got-into-the-console-business
>>
>>381617140
no, they made a console to prevent them from the monopoly of the living room
>>
>>381617490
which wouldnt have happened if sony worked with them.
>>
>>381617140
>>381617490
>>381617579

Why would sony work with anyone after nintendo wanted to be greedy fucks? Nintendo started the console war fiasco.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.