[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MODDING SYSTEM POWER RANKINGS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 0

MODDING SYSTEM POWER RANKINGS

>God tier
None

>good tier
None

>OK tier
Elder Scrolls/Fallout (has a built in GUI for managing mods and can generally load large amounts of mods and uninstall them without much trouble)

>bad tier
Doom (mods are dragged to an executable and the game has no way to see what mods are loaded once in game, doesn't have any way to detect incompatibilities, shit sometimes doesn't work with each other, can't load more than a few mods without problems and many more issues)
Minecraft (requires slow third party tools and can be a pain to install)

>shit tier
GTAV (requires a third party tool that overwrites the game files and requires you to make backups of the massive game folder, have fun uninstalling anything)

>dog shit tier
Most PC games ( drag and dropping files into the folder)

>JUST tier
Modding console games

How would you design a good modding system, /v/? What games do you have that are easy to mod?
>>
>>381606629
Banished's system is good, it checks for incompatibilities in game and you can easy load mods in the game and through the steam workshop. It also lets you control the loading order to try and get things to work even if there are incompatibilities.

Tbh I haven't found one quite as good.
>>
How about learn how they fucking work?
Go to /vr/ if you wanna know how to handle Doom mods properly.
>>
>>381606976
>that feel when you added Doom because you knew you would trigger their fanbase this easily
Kek
>>
>>381607112
>pretending to be retarded
a classic every time
>>
>>381607269
No,I still insist the doom modding system is steamy dog shit, I've played plenty of doom mods. I know how it works
>>
>>381607361
>I know how it works
>mods are dragged to an executable
guess you weren't even pretending, you're just actually retarded
>>
>>381606629
Why does your sample size consist of a whole four AAA Western titles? I'm genuinely asking this question. Are those the only four moddable games you're aware of?
>>
>>381607680
They are, in fact, the only games with extensive and somewhat official modding tools that I have played and felt were worth listing. I skipped on indie titles like Delver.
Feel free to add to the list.
>>
>>381606629
What's the point of this thread
You have no idea what you're talking about anyway
>>
>>381607513
I mean, even if you set up shortcuts it's essentially the same thing.
Mods are given as arguments to the GZDoom executable assuming you use that.

And it's shit.
Maybe you should learn how it works retard
>>
>>381606629
>Elder Scrolls and Fallout modding
>not God tier

Nigga you dumb.
Theres literally no other modding community better than those ones.
Only ones that comes close is the Gmod community.
>>
>>381608009
doom has zdl though what are you even talking about
its far better than elder scrolls system
you dont even have to install them
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.