[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell went so right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: TFT.jpg (60KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
TFT.jpg
60KB, 768x512px
What the hell went so right?
>>
Story that was engaging, and that people cared about.
Fucking amazing modding scene.
Best RTS gameplay of its time.

What went wrong? Nothing.
>>
>>381605002
everything
>>
unironically more engaging than lotr
>>
I shit you not I must have spent hundreds of hours in the editor making shit like custom games and full campaigns. I learned the basic logic of coding by having triggers set off complex events. I'd come home from school and sit in the editor making stuff for hours.

I never finished much, but I remember a few things. I made some improvements on common custom games (Peasants life, resident evil, etc...) which were well received. I remember I was going to make a KOTOR game set between 1 and 2 in it using custom imported models I found online.

The only thing I still think is a good idea is a game I wanted to make where one player plays like an RTS and the others play like an action game and the players have to work together to overcome a bunch of puzzles and try not to be defeated by the RTS players armies.

I really think working hours upon hours on WC3 custom game projects made me a better worker later in life when I got to my real jobs.
>>
RPG mechanics made it the deepest strategy to date, but sadly also attracted retards that eventually ruined it all with their ASSFAGGOTS
>>
>>381605002
custom maps
>>
>>381605002
>expansion packs will never be this good again
>>
>>381605002
I don't know why, but recently I've gotten back into WarCraft lore and have been watching cutscenes and shit on YouTube. It makes me unbelievably sad remembering that this story is realistically all over with Arthas taking the throne thanks to Wow and the limitations of MMO storytelling.

Fuck, even if they ignored WoW and made a WarCraft 4 that follows up on 3, it would still suck since all the talented storytellers are out at Blizzard. StarCraft II was evidence enough of that.

It's over.
>>
I want to go back
>>
File: 02434955.png (101KB, 480x574px) Image search: [Google]
02434955.png
101KB, 480x574px
>Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos is a high fantasy real-time strategy video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment, and was released in July 2002
>>
>>381606736
I miss the simpler times when you bought a game and received full package, then bought more of a game a year later. This DLC season pass f2p microtransaction shit has gotten too insane
>>
>>381606565
I know what you're saying. I still remember the dota killer I was making.
>>
>>381606859
wc3 + tft was made by blizzard but now we got acti-blizz
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.