[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we save this man form his smartphone game hell.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: sakaguchi-i-hated-square.jpg (12KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
sakaguchi-i-hated-square.jpg
12KB, 600x340px
How do we save this man form his smartphone game hell.
>>
>>381604886
We can't
>>
>>381604886
He chose this path
>>
>>381604886
Mobile Hell is probably more profitable than releasing underperforming big-budget JRPGs.
>>
>>381604886
I played Terra Battle and it's quite fun, there's a sequel to it coming out eventually. At the time I didn't even know it was made by the creator of final fantasy.

>>381607128
exactly.
>>
>>381604886
Nuke japan.
Mobile has higher chance to be profitable in Japan than console games.
>>
>>381607374
There is literally nothing wrong with mobile games you western gamer gate dork.
>>
>>381607523
What does GG have to do with this?
>>
>>381607523
Mobile games are cancer and don't qualify as real gaming
>>
>>381608512
nothing really, I just wanted to throw some more salt in there. GG is exclusively a western neckbeard concern, as is "muh fake mobile gamers"

>>381608737
elaborate on that.
>>
>>381609336
on the off chance you're not trolling, mobile games are typically designed to be as unfun and unrewarding experience as possible without a constant influx of dollarydoos from the player.
in other words, it's fucking trash.
>>
>>381609661
>as unfun and unrewarding experience as possible without a constant influx of dollarydoos from the player.

That's just not true at all. I have fun playing loads of mobile games and I've never spent a single shekel. Some games you can just buy for like 5 bucks and that's that, no microtransactions.

Now compare that to 60$ PC games where you STILL have to fork over extra money for unlocking boxes and season passes and pre-order exclusive content and super-extra-deluxe-limite-editions and DLC up the ass.
>>
>>381604886
Maybe he likes making smartphone games. Did you ever think of that you selfish prick?
>>
File: Sakaguchi.png (28KB, 773x739px) Image search: [Google]
Sakaguchi.png
28KB, 773x739px
You will never see a proper console game from him, ever again
>>
>>381607128
Sakaguchi could be making JRPGs for the 3DS and Switch.
>>
>>381610676
If it was going to be a platform it would be the Vita. Otherwise smartphone seems like the most reasonable choice.
>>
>>381610665
Someone needs to tell him that pixel art is still marketable and appreciated.

>>381610765
Why would he develop for dead hardware?
>>
Fuck the Gooch, how do we save Matsuno?
>>
>>381604886

You should have bought Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and The Last Story.
>>
>Pissed/ripped off MS
>Got pissed off at Square
>Pissed off Sony also at some point

Gonna be a while.
>>
>>381604886

He's never gonna make Lost Odyssey 2, is he? It's not fair, man. Lost Odyssey is the best Final Fantasy in nearly two decades.
>>
>>381610850
Because it wouldn't put him under unlike Nintendo hardware. What happened to the company that created Rune Factory 4 again?
>>
>>381611160
No way in hell that Microsoft are interested in commissioning JRPGs anymore.
>>
>>381611293

Fuck. Shame that X1 has no fucking JRPGs; 360 had some good ones.
>>
File: Taito_Corporation_logo.svg (1).png (27KB, 1200x413px) Image search: [Google]
Taito_Corporation_logo.svg (1).png
27KB, 1200x413px
How do we save them from mobile hell?
>>
>>381611269
They were bought by Marvelous. Rune Factory always sucked anyway. Looking at their pedigree, the only great game they've ever made is Lufia II, and they ended up fucking that up with a DS remake.

How would Nintendo hardware put him under, piracy? Piracy is better than no sales at all, because piracy shows a demand and actually INCREASES sales. Nobody buys anything for the Vita because all it has is weeb trash and the memory cards are proprietary and expensive compared to microSDs.
>>
>implying he can make something decent

Overrated shit, Terra Battle is fucking shit.
>>
>>381610957
What did he do to Sony and Microsoft
>>
>>381611632
I didn't say shit about piracy, but it seems like you don't support developers that make games you're interested in by quickly defending that.

You say that about the Vita, but it gets many more 3rd party games than the 3DS. There is much less of a barrier of entry for something like the Vita over a Nintendo platform.
>>
>>381607128
Yes but have you seen the stream for TB2?

The man looks like he wants to die.
>I want to recapture a little bit of my past glory,
>>
>>381611730
Sakaguchi hates Sony after he had a falling out with Ken Kutaragi, who had something of a reputation for upsetting devs.

Presumably he still feels animosity towards them.
>>
i hope the sequel is 3D at least
>>
>>381611826
>but it seems like you don't support developers that make games you're interested in by quickly defending that.
Every study ever conducted on piracy has determined that pirates are actually the biggest consumers. Piracy is free advertising.

>it gets many more 3rd party games than the 3DS.
How many of them actually sell? How many move hardware? None of them do, otherwise the Vita wouldn't have been completely slaughtered by the 3DS in sales.

>There is much less of a barrier of entry for something like the Vita over a Nintendo platform.
The proprietary memory cards are a barrier to entry. The small userbase is a barrier to entry. The Vita is a failure and ignored by Sony. Only a fool would attempt to reverse its course.
>>
>>381610886
THIS.
WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY IVALICE AND TACTICS GAMES SE? I'M OVER TABATAS WILD BRAND SHILLING RIDE.

I realized awhile ago I'm not their target audience anymore.
I would love more SRPGs from Matsuno. Be it on PS4, Switch, Vita, PC I'd buy it in an instant.
>>
>>381611589
>Sakaguchi leaving Square caused them to merge with Enix
>Square to grow too powerful and started jumping the gun with trash like Kingdom Hearts and the endless stream of Final Fantasy spin-offs
>They bought Taito and Eidos
>Then shut down most if not all their IPs over the years after pushing garbage games out

Damn
>>
>>381612646
>IVALICE
They're holding it hostage. Devs have said that it depends on FFXII HD's sales.
>>
>>381612675
>Sakaguchi leaving Square caused them to merge with Enix
Merger was going to happen regardless of Sakaguchi
>Square to grow too powerful and started jumping the gun with trash like Kingdom Hearts and the endless stream of Final Fantasy spin-offs
Sakaguchi played a part in getting KH off the ground in the first place and FF spinoffs weren't new
>>
>>381607374
That only makes them stronger.
>>
File: 1494697240370.jpg (11KB, 318x313px) Image search: [Google]
1494697240370.jpg
11KB, 318x313px
>>381612779
Oh they're burying the Ivalice games then. No way a renaster is going to perform as well as they want.
>>
File: ayy worf.gif (1MB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
ayy worf.gif
1MB, 255x255px
>>381610765
>If it was going to be a platform it would be the Vita.
>>
>>381604886
Reconcile him with square penis.
Convince other companies to use him as director on their games.
Send him love letters and convince him there needs to be a The last story 2 that can match modern games.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.