[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why they are so good in making games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

why they are so good in making games?
>>
>>381600342
cuz white man sucks
>>
western developers figured out if they want to sell games they have to make every protag a jesus superman because the western man has to believe in that the only way to save themselves is through a higher power
>>
>>381600342
Because the development companies started as arcade developers, so they HAD to be able to program a game well with little to no bugs since they couldn't patch it, and the games had to be complete since there was no DLC.

Western devs started out as PC game devs, so they're used to rushing games out and then patching them later. Bad habits.

Japanese games though are mostly only superior on a controls/programming/gameplay level, and don't really have better content most of the time due to their overreliance on anime influences.
>>
File: 1496607572569.png (103KB, 591x620px) Image search: [Google]
1496607572569.png
103KB, 591x620px
>>381600342
>Ethnically homogenous island nation that sees video games as fun toys.

vs.

>Ethnically diverse progressive nations that see video games as a medium for political propaganda and srs bsns.

Yeah I wonder why.
>>
File: 567679.png (673KB, 605x520px) Image search: [Google]
567679.png
673KB, 605x520px
nu males
>>
>>381601872
>don't really have better content most of the time due to their overreliance on anime influences.
>implying anime influences are bad
seems like reddit would be more your style bud
>>
>>381600342
They used to be better. They keep rehashing the same formula, which isn't always bad, but a lot of Japanese games these days don't have as deep gameplay as some western titles. I think Japan being a small country with a failing economy has to do with it. Also, the market for video games is so flooded already it's hard for them to keep up.
>>
>>381600342
The Japanese army never made any games though.
>>
>>381600342
>so good in making games?

Hello Pajiit!
>>
>>381601872
>don't really have better content most of the time due to their overreliance on anime influences.

Funny that you say that, because western game are dependent on making games as if they were Blockbuster summer movies.

I don't mean like "movie games" either like TLoU, but just about any generic mainstream game like a Mass Effect or a Call of Duty or an Assassin's Creed is extremely dry and humor less and by-the-numbers and pigeonholed by the genre's own tropes. Not just the genre of the video game genres, but of the movies they're emulating (action, sci-fi, horror, etc.)

At least the "anime influence" in Japan gives developers the green light in having fun with it and making it genre-bending, etc.
>>
They aren't
>>
>>381606850
they are
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.