[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steam sale overload

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 1
Thread images: 1

File: wishlist in rus.jpg (89KB, 940x594px) Image search: [Google]
wishlist in rus.jpg
89KB, 940x594px
Ok anons, I'm feeling generous today, so I'm going to tell you how to make a Steam sale better. About 2 times better in fact.
Easy steps to get games much cheaper
Load your wallet with some dosh, about 50$ should do it. You can load less but once you start seeing much better prices you'll have problems to contain yourself from spending.
After that get some VPN. There is a VPN program that let's you test it for free, and you don't need it for more than 5 minutes - zenVPN.
Set your location of VPN to Russia. After that, since you're connected through russian VPN, you should bea able to change your country location in Steam Wallet. Steam will sperg about new billing address, 2 weeks hold of changing your location etc. Just find some nice random street in motherland and a city and you're all set. You're not going to use this billing address for tax refund anyway.
After that all prices will be shown in russian rubel currency. The best about it is that all prices are reduced - game that is worth 60$ is sold for 1999 rub, and that translates to rougly 35$. If game is -50%, then it's possible to buy it for 999 rub, less than 17$ that is.
There are also disadvantages to that. For starters you cannot buy anything using your Paypal, Mastercard etc. unless your billing address is the same as russian address. That's why you want to fill your wallet with money before conversion. Secondly you can't switch back in instant. To come back to your previous currency you need to wait 2 weeks. Lastly, Valve might not like what you're doing and ban your sorry ass. That's why I'd recommend doing it with a small break. Be off steam for 1 day, then login through VPN, buy your games, and stay back for another day. That way it will look like you went to Russia for real, and that should save you some trouble. Also Russian account is cheaper than US or EU, but there might be other countries in which currency is even lower. Give a head's up if you know of any.

No replies in the DB for this post!
Thread posts: 1
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.