[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many /v/irgins still play Team Fortress 2 or has everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 507
Thread images: 118

File: chrome_2017-06-23_15-13-02.png (261KB, 547x341px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-06-23_15-13-02.png
261KB, 547x341px
How many /v/irgins still play Team Fortress 2 or has everyone moved on to Overwatch?
>>
File: tf2.png (43KB, 307x79px) Image search: [Google]
tf2.png
43KB, 307x79px
>>381596217
I want to start playing again when the update drops, haven't played actively in years
>>
>>381596689
also overwatch is gay
>>
>>381596217
>putting tf2 and overwatch in the OP
our time is limited
>>
>>381596217
I spent 40 usd on tf2 recently when that could've bought me overwatch, and I feel justified in my expenditure. I'm not going to play a pretty game of rock paper scissors, fuck any game that uses blizzard's balance philosophy.
>>
>>381596217
Sjwatch?
No ty
>>
File: eye assault.jpg (148KB, 1590x895px) Image search: [Google]
eye assault.jpg
148KB, 1590x895px
>>381596217
I play both occasionally, though I probably play tf2 more
>>
>not playing both games

___TF2___ is better though.
>>
tf2 is better
>>
I can still be entertained in TF2, even when doing essentially nothing.
Overwatch lost my interest in just a few months, I stopped playing even before they added a new map or character.
>>
Easily have 1000 hours of TF2 went back on recently and was having really good fun too bad the game is fucked; Casual mode officialy killed the game for me can't go on classic maps like baloon race, Mario Kart, Achievement Turbov14 (for chilling) And some other iconic maps.

Got Overwatch at the start of the year was really fun and gave me flashbacks of TF2, I will give it to Blizz for making healers really fun to play Ana is the most fun I had in a fps in a long time.

The problem is that now I'm at high masters and I finally have good teammates (which I've been waiting forever for) their isn't really any other reason to keep playing the game I guess I'm just burned out atm but I know I'll come back after a break started getting into League so I'm gonna stick to that
>>
File: 1471319709362.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471319709362.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>
>>381596217
>/v/irgins

What if I browse /v/ but I'm not a virgin?
>>
I quit TF2 and didn't move to Overwatch
>>
>>381596217
I still play it, the golden age is gone so its mostly just underage and normalfags now but the core game is still fun.

I usually pop on to play phlog pyro as I know it makes people unfathomably mad.
>>
File: 1497328252135.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1497328252135.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
Both are Shit
>>
I played OW for about 3 seasons, got to masters, and then quit. Couldn't stand it anymore. I'll probably go back to TF2 when the new update hits. I feel like my individual efforts in TF2 are much more rewarded than in OW. Using skill, I can kill any class as any class. Imagine in TF2 if the heavy had just about the same speed as the scout, had multiple times the HP, has armor to mitigate damage, can leap out at any moment, can deploy a shield, and his gun can auto-aim. Boy howdy does that sound fun.
>>
I keep my eye on TF2 in case an update comes along and breathes some fresh air into the game.
Overwatch borrows a lot of ideas from TF2 but somehow manages to make them all boring.
>>
>>381599897
>phlog
you piece of shit
>>
>>381596217
I play in bursts

Play for a few months
Stop for a few months
>>
>>381598324
Im so glad you dead ringer spies are getting nerfed. Thank god.
>>
>>381596217
I tried to play it recently on my toaster but it's so bloated. Why you can't disable visual effects on cosmetics is a decision I will never understand.
>>
>>381596217
I don't play overwatch because the balancing is shit, same with tf2
however I still go back and play tf2 occasionally because I still have fun dicking around in 2fort servers
hopefully the pyro/jungle update fixes the game to a point where I actually want to play it consistently
>>
>>381603913
Dead Ringer spies are easy. Nick them with a single bullet and they run off, being useless. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>381604316
*saps the tele*
*stabs a teammate*
*destroys the sentry nest*

we at least hes not your problem
>>
What is with Scunts rushing the intel on 2fort when people are going to vote 2fort again?
>>
>>381604445
>engies being useful
>implying your teammate wasn't useless
>>
>>381604696
>I lone wolf and never play medic because my team couldn't win without me playing
>>
>>381596217
I just stopped playing TF2 in general after years of shitty updates. Overwatch is still far more shit though, so I don't play that.
>>
>>381604821
Medic is my second most played class.
>>
>>381599030
>quarter of the screen gets covered up by the rocket launchers
At least you can edit the FOV in TF2.
>>
>>381596217
I would if I could.

long story short my computer can't run TF2 because it's a 5 year-old laptop on its last legs.

There is the "family" computer in another room and it has TF2 on it but my dad is autistic and works from home and sit at that desk for 8 hours a day. he doesn't actually use the family computer, he just sits at that desk with his work laptop. He also uses a USB keyboard for his laptop because he's retarded. he also sleeps in that room so he's in it like 20 hours a day.

I do get to play it for maybe a couple of hours on weekends when he's out for the day, if I don't have anyhing else to do. It's still as much fun as I remember. It's also still just as frustrating when your team is a bunch of F2P snipers on BLU who refuse to help push the cart and just stay in spawn.

Once I get a proper PC I'll play again for sure. I spent too much time and a few dollars in cosmetics to not play it again.
>>
nothing replaces TF2 m8
>>
>>381604971
the spy just backstabbed your pocket,
hes upset but doesn't know it was you that let him go.
>>
File: 1458275444652.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1458275444652.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>tfw go back to play for the first time in years today
>i'm fucking awful now
>>
File: goodolddays.png (106KB, 981x738px) Image search: [Google]
goodolddays.png
106KB, 981x738px
Alright guys, show'em
>>
>>381605217
If he manages to get backstabbed while I'm spamming "Spy!" then he deserves whatever is coming for him.
>>
>>381596689
>think about coming back
>hear update ruins ambassador sandman and flying guillotine
>change my mind
>>
File: imgurcanbitemyass.jpg (929KB, 2384x3157px) Image search: [Google]
imgurcanbitemyass.jpg
929KB, 2384x3157px
>>381605345
>go play sniper for the first time in years
>god I'm probably gonna suck
>headshot everyone, I don't even know whats going on I'm clicking on peoples heads without thinking about it
>>
>>381604990
>what is minmode viewmodels
>>
>>381605345
What class & loadout did you play as?
>>
>>381605631
Scout, default.
>>
>>381604316
its not the point though, its just such a stupidly easy way to slow down the enemy team.

>Get dead ringered
>enemy team starts hunting for you instead of capping because if they don't you're just gonna come back and kill one of them
way too strong vs the other watches
>>
>>381605571
Push the cart you piss-rifle sniper. I hate you.
>>
>>381605345
Fucking this. However, I was playing on Hitler's Jew Fort so I was still getting kills left right and centre. Got a 12 kill streak with sniper.
So much shit has changed though, all these weird hats, dances and effects.
>>
File: WHY VALVE.png (74KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
WHY VALVE.png
74KB, 250x236px
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR
>>
these changes honestly sound like something a reddit/spuf user would say.

like "oh man deadringer goes off to often we need to put it on a cooldown" or "rescue ranger is too powerful for turtling we need to add a metal thing to it even though they're sitting on their fucking dispenser"
>>
>>381596217
I still play the shit out of it because I have yet to find a multiplayer fps that gives the same thrills.
>>
File: dude_stats_lmao.jpg (105KB, 947x810px) Image search: [Google]
dude_stats_lmao.jpg
105KB, 947x810px
>>381605378
sure, why not?
>>
>>381605812
DR has been a bad spy crutch for the better part of a decade now, and it deserves to rot in hell along with all the niggerfaggots who use it.
>>
File: stats.png (89KB, 901x635px) Image search: [Google]
stats.png
89KB, 901x635px
>>381605378
Those Spy hours are mostly from my first 1-1.5k hours, I'm at 3k+ now.
Not shown, Medic with 100, Heavy with 95 and Engineer with 80 hours.
>>
File: TF2 Stats.png (46KB, 913x451px) Image search: [Google]
TF2 Stats.png
46KB, 913x451px
>>381605378
I wonder how much more time I'd have had if I didn't stop playing 2-3 years ago.
>>
>>381605909
yeah but it was a shit watch to begin with.

nerfing a bad watch doesn't make any fucking sense. its like nerfing the kunai or the YeR... oh wait
>>
>>381605812
This is what bothered me a whole lot about those recent changes, before the answer to a weapon that would give someone a static edge was team work and out maneuvering them.

"No it needs a nerf"
>>
>>381605345

>go back
>buy an unusual for 160 dollaroos since I have a job now
>mow down everyone as demoman as usual

seems the same to me
>>
>>381604990
>implying you can't in overwatch
>>
>>381605948
>~809 hours shown here
I got 1276 total, so I'm missing a few hundred hours of playtime here.
>>
>will never have fun with Gunslinger and Frontier Jusitce combo any more
>Sticky Jump+Loch and Load just doesn't feel the same.
>>
Overwatch is a great game and all, but honestly, they're completely different social experiences. TF2 is casual. Most people don't care that much about winning, they're just there to play the game and the server browser oriented 12v12/16v16 playercounts contribute to this effect. Nobody can micromanage and assign guilt to that many players, right?

Overwatch is 6v6 and no matter what mode you're playing, people are trying to win. It's going to be a lot less relaxed no matter what you do unless you're finding like, Mercy roleplay servers on the browser.
>>
>>381606047
what bothers me even more is this mentality

"this weapon is a direct upgrade to stock, it has a minor attribute that is a gimmick at best."
"How do we fix that?"
"Lets add a negative to it that makes it horrible 99% of the time and useful 1% of the time"

I honestly don't care if theirs a melee weapon thats a direct upgrade to stock.
Fucking good.
>>
I cap on Hightower just to piss off nerds and friendly heavies.
>>
File: 222.gif (302KB, 300x184px) Image search: [Google]
222.gif
302KB, 300x184px
>>381606115
>overwatch
>editing viewmodel FOV

what did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1497320356294.jpg (24KB, 400x264px) Image search: [Google]
1497320356294.jpg
24KB, 400x264px
>2fort2furious dead
>>
I can't go back to the normal wrench for engy. its so fucking slow.
>>
>>381605653
Yeah that's probably the hardest class to get used to, or get back into.

You really have to spazz out and jump around over player's heads and run away and come back behind them, finish them off with your pistols, have soldiers and demos blow themselves up, etc.
>>
>>381606306
They are just going to vote hightower again. It's going to be an never ending cycle.
>>
Guys, my stats stopped counting after 500 hours or so, i tried restarting them but they stood on 0 for like 50 hours and then they became random. what do?
>>
>>381606306
I cap on highertower.
>>
>>381606194

>TF2 is casual

TF2 literally has a higher skill ceiling than Overwatch you nignog. I'm playing Overwatch right now even, but compared to TF2 this game is the more casual one with all the handholding. People still play TF2 to win.
>>
gibus
+enemies will underestimate you
-medics won't pocket you
>>
File: 23423141234234.jpg (70KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
23423141234234.jpg
70KB, 719x719px
>>381606306
https://youtu.be/2QLJSbblUOM
>>
>>381606346

What do you use?

I've rarely used anything other than stock wrench, mostly because I have it as a strange. I also have a rusty robothead or whatever it's called but it's just a reskin of the default wrench. I'm so used to it.

The only time I use anything other than stock is when I'm maybe playing as BLU on a payload map and then I'll be planting mini-sentries here and there as I help push the cart.
>>
>>381606494
>Highertower
>"Oh he must have made a typ-"
>It's actually real
What the fuck is this shit
>>
>>381606352
I eventually just swapped to engie and built teleporters for my team, shat out a minisentry in an obscure, somewhat hidden spot near the final PL point and helped win the game, but it felt dirty. I wish I could still play at my best.
>>
>>381606702
>>What do you use?

Jag, you get sentries out almost instantly and you upgrade so fucking fast its insane.

Like you can build a sentry in a firefight
>>
>>381606745
Look up 2fooooooooooooooooooort and 2bine.
>>
>>381596217
I'm playing Overwatch right now. I prefer TF2 but I figure I'd take a break since the Pyro update is finally happening. Overwatch is fine but it can get stale, Blizzard really takes their fucking time making meaningful content like maps or heroes. I used to play frequently until season 3, and now I only bother when there's updates. That and everyone has a stick up their asses when playing no matter what mode are what I don't like, not to mention the whole gg ez shit being censored because people like to be coddled. it's used to just say gg but now I don't say anything in fear of getting banned.
>>
Who /resetting stats/ when the update drops?
>>
File: forever.png (114KB, 467x153px) Image search: [Google]
forever.png
114KB, 467x153px
>>381606936
Should I?
>>
>Put in 15 hours of gameplay

Tried a bit all of the classes, somehow I feel at ease with pyro. But will not continue to play, as I don't feel like going crazy over it.

Also, fuck those Sniper who manage to get a headshot as soon as you appear in the field of view.
>>
I got bored and stopped playing it before Overwatch came out, and then when I was considering going back to play it I learned they added xp and levels and removed auto balance and valve servers and the whole thing just sounded like it wasn't worth coming back to.

It's alright, I got my 2000 hours and some fond memories of it so it's fine if I don't play it again.
>>
i put all my vintage items up on the market today
haven't touched that game since golden wrench so may as well get the $3 or so out of this pig
>>
>picked the game back up recently since Overwatch is kinda irritating occasionally
>get back into 2Fort since it's the most fun
>holy shit all these new players are still around
>12 year olds on mics, this ain't Garry's Mod
>Couple of older players still around which is kinda cool
>community is still relatively lax

First time I ever saw hackers for the game was a week or two ago it was really fucking bizarre.
>>
>>381607064
Just know that Pyro will get worse when you get to higher experience, except maybe if the Pyro update fixes him.

Any annoyances other than Snipers?
>>
>>381607193
>First time I ever saw hackers for the game was a week or two ago it was really fucking bizarre.

I don't know if LMAOBox is still around or they finally fixed that shit, but oh boy did they ruin many of my gaming nights years ago. So many heavies spinning around while shooting up in the air and killing everyone, or air-humping snipers, with the endless LMAOBox chat spam
>>
>>381606528
That wasn't even the point of the post, the community in TF2 is literally undeniably more relaxed and less competitive than Overwatch's. You can hop on a normal game server using the browser and goof off and nobody will yell at you for it, try doing it in OW's quick play. I'll respond to your post anyway, though.

I mean, sick rocket jumps and physics-based movement mechanics aside, you kind of have to acknowledge that TF2 was not made to be a competitive shooter. Valve tried to clamp down on things that were un-fun to fight against, but they never actively tried to make the game so balanced it was played in tournaments. From Overwatch that was the objective from the beginning, to mixed success.

Honestly, the difficulty in TF2 comp is that you have to learn explosive jumping. That's what you mean, no? I don't really think a single obtuse mechanic that takes shitloads of practice probably outside of the actual game is an automatic 'more depth' make.
>>
>>381606639
fuck I'm retarded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7crRVEsHj98
>>
>>381607221

nah, nothing really special, most of it are normal to the game:

>scouts constantly playing the floor is lava
>demoman managing to hit you with grenades out of impossible trajectories, or simply mowing you down mano a mano with a claymore
>engie being autistic and building shit at the wrong place (mostly in that mode where both team have to bring a cart to a destination)
>pyro managing to push you down holes, yet you are never able to do that
>nobody acting to separate medic from heavy
>people choosing sniper when ennemy is kicking your ass with 2 heavies+medic
>nobody spychecks

Pretty usual stuff for a game, I would say. Like said before, I tried it out, but I don't think I'll continue.
>>
>>381597994
>tfw spent money to buy the taunts
Am I a fucking faggot?
>>
>>381606745
>What the fuck is this shit
Perdition.
>>
>>381607817
Kind of. Consumer responsibility is important, anon. Guess what happens if you support shitty business practices like charging exorbitant prices for cosmetics on a personal whim.

why do you think old valve is dead
>>
>>381607817
Depends on where you bought them.
Mann Co. store prices are too high.
>>
>>381607784
>demoman managing to hit you with grenades out of impossible trajectories, or simply mowing you down mano a mano with a claymore
His grenade pills bounce, and he can airburst his stickies.
>engie being autistic and building shit at the wrong place (mostly in that mode where both team have to bring a cart to a destination)
Average retards, nothing else to say.
>pyro managing to push you down holes, yet you are never able to do that
Airblast, it's one of the few mechanics that Pyro has that can be called halfway decent, but at higher levels of play it starts being less useful.
>everything below this
Average retards again.

>>381607817
Yes.
>>
>>381607817
Last event for Over watch had dance "emotes" that could be easily stayed permanently available. Blizzard decided to keep them limited anyway since they didn't want to piss off the whales pumping money in loot boxes for a chance at them. Compare that to just putting down 5 bucks and getting your taunt no bullshit and I'd say you're alright.
>>
>>381608031
This:
In my own opinion, capitalism works very well, but requires personal responsibility on the part of the consumer, and thus when the consumer base is unable to exhibit any kind of restraint, it fails.

case in point: modern gaming.
>>
>>381608320
Honestly Overwatch's loot box system is easily less faggy than TF2's crates and hats.

Overwatch doesn't have anything you can only pay for or make it obtuse and basically require you to trade other players for new weapons, for one. Odds are you're just not going to fucking get the cosmetics you want in TF2 without trading or paying. In Overwatch you either get lucky or you can work up overcoins to pick a few things you might want, and I don't really hate it because there needs to be incentive to pay. Flat-out, people don't work on games in the current year if they aren't still making money from something like DLC. It'd be insane when literally all of your competitors are doing it.
>>
>>381599056
if you browse /v/, there's a big chance you are.
>>
File: scout laughing.jpg (39KB, 540x390px) Image search: [Google]
scout laughing.jpg
39KB, 540x390px
>>381606352
scout is a fucking pain in the ass to warm up on but man is he fun when you do.
>soldier mains getting unbelievably salty in chat because I always stay just out of rocket range
>>
>>381608672
Weapons are easy to get on scrap . tf
TF2 is f2p and OW is full price game
You're retarded
>>
>>381599030
>first is stupid because it's complicated
>the second is stupid because you just turn around like an idiot to boost yourself

Basically, fuck difficult shit that makes autists have fun.
>>
File: 1486474212378.jpg (23KB, 516x384px) Image search: [Google]
1486474212378.jpg
23KB, 516x384px
>tfw computer is too potato for competitive mode
>>
>>381609168
>TF2 is f2p
lol not for a massive chunk of the playerbase, remember

>hey let's make the player wait on a fucking third party queue-based robot trader in order to get the weapons they want to use without either getting lucky or buying it from our store

sorry you couldn't get your hanzo skin, moron
>>
File: tf2_prices.jpg (18KB, 735x108px) Image search: [Google]
tf2_prices.jpg
18KB, 735x108px
look guys, tf2 is 20 dollars off!
>>
>>381606345
>tfw will never play on a server that plays music in between maps during the loading screen
>>
File: toaster.jpg (41KB, 523x527px) Image search: [Google]
toaster.jpg
41KB, 523x527px
>>381609295
what specs?
>>
>>381596217
I stopped playing TF2 in 2014.
That was also the year all my friends "moved on" from video games, never to log on to steam again. They all probably have a wife and kids and a house and I'm still here playing single player games and being a useless piece of shit.
>>
>>381607817
I bought a taunt and a cosmetic set. The worst was buying keys though.
>>
>>381607784
>>pyro managing to push you down holes, yet you are never able to do that
air strafe to counter this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvYRamyNxv0
makes you hard to hit in the air too
>>
File: stat.png (106KB, 803x765px) Image search: [Google]
stat.png
106KB, 803x765px
>>381605378
>>
Is this accurate?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH5yFhkfIKk
>>
I got sick of Overwatch a few days back and went back to TF2. I'm probably dropping it again once Splatoon 2 comes out.
>>
File: heh kid.jpg (79KB, 775x881px) Image search: [Google]
heh kid.jpg
79KB, 775x881px
>>381605378
>>
>>381609731
>Classes are behind level walls
>Unlock weapons have no downsides
>The prices on the in game currency
>Forced tutorial telling you the simplest things
>"Press Q to cool"
>Server crashes

Pretty accurate.
>>
>>381596217
I played Overwatch for a while but I moved back to TF2 because OW is railroaded shit with a less tolerable playerbase.
>>
File: tf2.png (146KB, 951x1083px) Image search: [Google]
tf2.png
146KB, 951x1083px
>>381605378
reset my stats a while ago
>>
>>381609731
No this is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7gAF1B57q8
>>
>>381609309
As opposed to jewing you with microtransactions from a full price game?
Even if you paid for the game, it came with the rest of games from the orange box, it was never full price
You can craft weapons/cosmetics or trade them, that's much more fair than either buying them or grinding
>>
>>381596217
I'm playing because I want to have fun before the update ruins all the items. Overwatch is to easy, you have to use battledotnet, and it's only boring 6v6. Not enough people to be fun. And no custom servers.
>>
>>381611565
jewing with cosmetics that dont matter hmmm
>>
>>381611583
>I want to have fun before the update ruins all the items
t. lime scout main
>>
>>381596217
Haven't played in a while but I'll probably start up again soon because my close friends in real life just got into steam.
>>
>>381611775
>moving the goal posts
hmm hmm
>>
>>381611565
also
>actually implying that 20 bucks doesn't count as full price because it was bundled with other games
>>
File: 1494445904507.png (101KB, 366x337px) Image search: [Google]
1494445904507.png
101KB, 366x337px
>>381596217
fuck overwatch, it took good friends away from me because it's "more competetive" and "having fun requires outplaying someone at your skill level"
>>
I still play TF2 to this day, and never played Overwatch.

I was always a casual player, so Overwatch's more competitive environment turned me off from the very start,
>>
>>381612169
>20 bucks is full price
You retarded or something?
>>
>>381596217
Overwatch is awful but TF2 is a walking dead corpse. I cannot understand how people still play it when Valve stopped giving a single fuck about it years ago.
>>
>>381612398
if 20 bucks isn't full price neither is 40 bucks
>>
>>381611784
Actually scout is my second least used class next to spy. It's just clear they are nerfing pretty much everything and they said they still have other items they are nerfing that aren't listed.
>>
File: 1481508712447.jpg (223KB, 570x526px) Image search: [Google]
1481508712447.jpg
223KB, 570x526px
I really hope they reconsider some of these weapon changes for the new update. Things like the sniper shields and the Deadringer are good changes, but removing the Guillotine's only niche?Adding bullet spread to the Ambassador? The thought of that Ambassador change becoming a reality scares me
>>
File: sct.png (240KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sct.png
240KB, 1920x1080px
Post scouts
>>
>>381612486
I see you were dropped on your head as a child
>>
File: higgs.gif (218KB, 147x120px) Image search: [Google]
higgs.gif
218KB, 147x120px
>just got gifted a free unusual

Not all heroes wear capes, /v/.
>>
>>381612904
>friend of mine uncrated an unusual on two seperate occasions
>just gave them to me because he didn't want them
He was a nice fella.
>>
>>381605571
Why does she look like Ashley from RE4?
>>
>>381596689
cute
>>
>>381612630
>It's just clear they are nerfing pretty much everything
All weapons that need to be nerfed.
>>
I wanted to like overwatch, but the shooter aspects of the gameplay are stale as fuck
it's a strategy game with FPS elements at best
>>
>>381604607
build sentry
>>
>>381596217
I was really into it when I first got it with the Orange Box. Even with all the stock weapons it was still very enjoyable. Plenty of custom maps and whacky shit to play. The community was great.

>then F2P happened.
Go to look for a serb and 70% of them are either trading or AFK achievement shit. All the new weapons I feel really didn't add anything meaningful to the game and was just a well thought out plan to bilk more money out of poor saps who don't know any better.
>>
File: air scoutbat.jpg (121KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
air scoutbat.jpg
121KB, 1600x900px
>>381612695
I don't know if I'll keep this scattergun yet. I had the night terror skin but it's really just black on black, might as well have the stock.
>>
File: 1482637856048.jpg (254KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482637856048.jpg
254KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone know any good servers that still play custom maps? There's all of these fun and unique maps out there but all of the active servers are just trade shit and 24/7 stock maps.
>>
File: Scout.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Scout.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
>>381612695
>>
>>381613591
redsun's alright
>>
File: 20170623222645_1.jpg (121KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170623222645_1.jpg
121KB, 1600x900px
>>381612695
Sorry for shit graphics, I currently only have garbo laptop to play on.

But Looney Toons goon scout is best.
>>
>>381605451
>spies mad they can't play sniper while also having ~600 effective health and running as fast as a scout
>scouts mad they can't run straight at a heavy and demolish them while also preventing the heavy from shooting back
>>
>tfw missed golden age tf2

I love this game. How much more would I have liked it during its heyday? Should I kill myself because I will never experience it?
>>
>>381605812
Dead Ringer is a garbage item that is
A: Rarely used well
and
B: Intensely fucking obnoxious for the other team even when used extremely poorly

This does a lot to help solve B.
>>
Same feels my man, only got this game in December but I would've loved to have played it back in the day.
>>
>>381614231
>>381614480
fuk meant to reply
>>
>>381610103
>>Forced tutorial telling you the simplest things
Frankly given that TF2 being f2p seems to have made it a popular first fps at this point I wish the tutorials it did have were forced, and that they included more of the basics.
>>
File: wew.jpg (13KB, 268x125px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
13KB, 268x125px
>>381596217
Been playing it a lot recentlyfor like the 5th time
Overwatch just gets frustrating due to the abilities and shit. And Quake champions is annoying like overwatch with added on bad hit reg (I shoot the space next to someone and it counts as a full body hit) and the rockets have a delay when you fire the rocket launcher and them actually coming out.
>>
>>381612816
Okay let's break it down
TF2:
>Had to be paid for, under full price. It's literally irrelevant to the argument that you could get other games with it back then.
>Does not in any way shape or form allow you to choose what cosmetics or weapons you're getting without trading with the playerbase or straight up paying valve directly
>has a shitload of crate exclusive items that REQUIRE you to pay no ifs, ands, or buts

Overwatch
>Had to be paid for, still under full price, but admittedly pricier
>It's basically a given that you're going to rack up plenty of coins to choose your favorite cosmetics, they literally just buffed the amounts of coins you get with duplicates and gold drops and lowered duplicate drop rates- unlike TF2, this allows you to get just the cosmetic you want without potentially dealing with scammers or having to pay out of your own wallet
>Has a shitload of event-exclusive items that are rare enough that you're HEAVILY INCENTIVIZED to pay for crates though if you're willing to pick and choose you can prioritize one or two skins or several emotes you really want you can earn them in game without too much hassle

I'm telling you that not only does literally every other major developer out there do some kind of micro-transactions, even in paid games- but the majority of them are far, far more egregious compared to Overwatch's. I'm left to assume that Overwatch gets the most targeting because most people play it. Muh Hanzo skins, or something.

God I don't even want to get into people that want trading or being able to straight buy Overwatch skins. Just fucking glance at TF2 and CS:GO's trading/economy communities. Nobody should want this, it's fucking disgusting. A fetid cancer keeping both games far livelier than they normally would because people have OCD over internet pixels.
>>
>>381615798
For the record I don't even agree with them making dances paid, I thought that was dumb. Still think people making Overwatch to be literally microtransaction hitler when Payday 2 for the longest time charged you to use fucking grenades and nobody said a thing is utterly ridiculous.
>>
>>381615798
>has a shitload of crate exclusive items that REQUIRE you to pay no ifs, ands, or buts

I for one am very, very bothered by the 20-30 cent items I have to use the free trading cards I get just from playing games to pay for.
Who could defend these terrible practices that allow me to get what I want when I want it?
>>
File: 1485923341049.png (40KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1485923341049.png
40KB, 256x256px
>>381615798
TF2:
>has trading

Overwatch:
>has no trading

checkmate atheist
>>
>>381616176
ever since valve added all these retarded layers of protection, I haven't traded anything. I have so many god damn trading cards and fuck if I'm going to bother jumping through a bunch of flaming hoops to sell them all
>>
The majority of Overwatch's player base will return to TF2 within a year.
Screenshot this post.
>>
>>381596217
I dropped it when Overwatch came out, but dropped that for TF2 because the Overwatch online people are cancer.
>>
>>381616160
>Requires you to take place in valve's stupid market, indirectly throwing them money to pay them more money to gamble at their virtual casino (in what will likely take you many, many attempts to get the exact item you want)
you're a rube

>>381616176
trading is a not a good thing for a game like this, lol
again have you seen cs:go's community? They don't play it for the game, they play it for cosmetics. The economy, making a quick buck off of it. That's not healthy for an arena-ish competitive shooter.
>>
>>381616659
The fuck are you talking about? The items are all right there, on the steam market, for me to buy with steam funny money that I already have. I've opened like three crates the entire time I've played the game, and that was just for fun, if I want an item I just go get it.
>>
>>381607817
As long as it was the Rancho Relaxo, yes.
>>
>>381616803
>you're being forced to pay money to valve to get these cosmetics
>actually i'm paying valve steam-only money i earned through selling trading cards on their market to pay for those cosmetics

very different

for what it's worth it had slipped my mind that you could buy all cosmetics off of the steam market but somebody is still being forced to throw money at valve in this equation, the fact that you earned it through steam and aren't allowed to use it elsewhere doesn't make it fake money, or something
>>
>>381617382
How isn't it fake money?
I didn't earn the money, it was given to me for free. I can't use it anywhere else, but I can pay real money for it.
Steam wallet funds are essentially arcade tickets, and cheap TF2 items are like those plastic parachute guys.
>>
File: tf2 highlander plebs.png (505KB, 640x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tf2 highlander plebs.png
505KB, 640x1000px
>he mains a defense class
>>
File: 1495583705978.jpg (32KB, 260x262px) Image search: [Google]
1495583705978.jpg
32KB, 260x262px
>>381617653
>he mains
>he doesnt play a class that would fit the current situation that they are in to help his team win
>>
File: autist.png (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
autist.png
24KB, 200x200px
>>381617748
>it's the autist who doesn't understand what the word "main" means
>>
>>381617585
At least if you spent it on actual games a large amount of the funds would go to the developers and you wouldn't be rewarding an exploitative virtual economy by feeding it 100% back into the system.

Someone is getting paid for it, your steam wallet isn't just for show.
>>
>>381604607
>>381613260
>People actually play 2Turtle seriously
Just break out the demoknight gear and harvest some heads
>>
>>381617821
fuck off b4nny
>>
>>381596217
Right her BABEH
Kiss me
>>
File: 1452981389758.jpg (693KB, 1308x1634px) Image search: [Google]
1452981389758.jpg
693KB, 1308x1634px
>Game is filled with legit hackers
>You cant ban them cause theyre on the enemy team
>Any accusations are LMAO YOU MAD NOOB KILL YOURSELF
>>
File: b4nny smart.jpg (996KB, 2000x1859px) Image search: [Google]
b4nny smart.jpg
996KB, 2000x1859px
>>381618013
mge me on process you fucking scrub
>>
>>381618115
Welcome to all old games, it's basically just hacker stomping grounds

I tried playing DOD:S earlier
>>
>>381618115
There's hackers but they're not THAT frequent. 99% of them are incredibly obvious.
>>
>>381617748
I can't think of any kind of situation where playing as those 5 out of 9 classes wouldn't be useful
>>
>>381617851
But what about the games I got for free, because the dev gave it out for free?
I then get four cards, from this free game, and sell them on the market for approximately forty cents. I then use this forty cents on a cheap TF2 item off the market. Was there ever any real money? Especially considering that the people who bought my cards likely used money they had from selling cards from games they may have gotten for free.
>>
>>381618293

Even obvious hackers dont get banned unless theyre flying around the map instagibbing.

But kids these days cant tell when someone has a fucking aimbot/snap hack
>>
File: 1488325849016.png (197KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
1488325849016.png
197KB, 500x471px
>>381618115
>valve has constant ban waves
>hackers just make a "new" hack
>easy to spot them since you call them out they block chat or are flipping around
>they defend it with "LOL GIT GUD I ONLY HACK CUZ ITS FUN"
>>
>tfw watching videos of overwatch and seeing how disgusting the HUD and visual effects are
It's almost as bad as battleborn
>>
File: 1497987910853.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1497987910853.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>381618192
get about 500 more hours on each class that isn't soldier, demoman, or scout first, b4nny

valve is fucking stupid if they should listen to you about balance changes with only 28 hours on pyro
>>
I still play this game and love it but the new "balance" patches are really shitty. Theyre nerfing weapons that are either nonproblematic, shit to begin with, or already banned in "competitive"

Seriously the only good changes were the Rescue Ranger, Darwins Danger Shield, Crossbow, and Atomizer, the rest are pure trash.

>Nerfing Gru and fucking EVICTION NOTICE when shit like the Vaccinator is still a huge problem

Fuck off Valve
>>
>>381618714
The GRU change isn't a nerf, and they're being kind to Heavy for the first time in years by making the damage and accuracy ramp-up not dependent on firing.
>>
>>381618714
GRU wasnt nerfed and Vaccinator is hardly a problem when it doesnt heal the medic when hes resisting
>>
File: a32.jpg (32KB, 720x706px) Image search: [Google]
a32.jpg
32KB, 720x706px
>no good miniguns other than stock and tomislav
>sandvich only good secondary
>no new good heavy weapons for months
>pyro getting more weapons
>heavy continuously getting shit from updates
>heavy mains barely exist now
>heavy update/frontline coming in 2018
feels bad man
>>
File: 1449478305513.jpg (97KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449478305513.jpg
97KB, 600x600px
>>381614198
>>spies mad they can't play sniper
I loved using the ambassador because it looked nice and I could get a few headshots down. I didn't play sniper because I'm not a fucking retard
>>scouts mad they can't run straight at a heavy and demolish them
A good scout can do this easily with or without the sandman combo shut the fuck up
>>
>>381618928

>Natascha
>Bad
>Stock shotty/family business
>Bad

Come on niggah
>>
>>381618115
>hacker on my team
>always take his side
>>
>>381618363
That money came from somewhere, man. Even if the people buying your cards got their money from other cards, somewhere down the line somebody bought steam wallet money with actual money, and somewhere down the line someone will be paid as a result of whatever that wallet money is spent on.
>>
>>381618560
b4nny is actually one of the few people in the competitive community who pushes for variety in classes and weapons.
Of course he's not gonna play shitty classes, he plays to win. That's why it's called a competition.
>>
>>381618928
>he doesn't run shotgun heavy

Why, you rarely get time for sandwich, I run into surprise attacks way more.
>>
File: Heather_SH3_Promo.jpg (372KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Heather_SH3_Promo.jpg
372KB, 1920x1440px
>>381613094
Pretty sure it's supposed to be Heather from Silent Hill 3.
>>
File: hv.png (167KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
hv.png
167KB, 256x384px
>>381619423
>>381618928
>Not maining Hoovy
>Not literally dancing into the enemy base unharmed
>Not bribing the medic to come closer with a sandwich and a hi-five only to whip out the fucking crit boxing glove to the face uber drop
>Not whipping out the minigun and mowing down every other conga fgt who's trust you gained
>>
>>381619619
Learn something new everyday.

I never played SH3
>>
>>381604990
>>381606115
>>381606319
Overwatch doesn't even have a fucking developer console. What an awful piece of shit and disgrace of a """""shooter""""".
>>
>>381619423
>shotgun heavy
>implying im going to have a medic 24/7
>implying I will never be separated from health sources
>>
can someone link me the update
I quit in 2012 when they stopped giving a shit after the Pyromania
played a bit in 2015 but meh, the game is shit now, hardly any server up
>>
File: 1448239197780.jpg (165KB, 1002x960px) Image search: [Google]
1448239197780.jpg
165KB, 1002x960px
>>381618254
>I tried playing DOD:S earlier
Oh I fucking love that it's so dead
>start up DoD:S
>two choices for servers
>full servers that are actually just bots
>24/7 dod_donner
I fucking hate everything
>>
>>381619724
That's why you shoot dancing and sandvich throwing fags specially.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-23-22-44-50.png (614KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-23-22-44-50.png
614KB, 1440x2560px
Tf2 is better, if only because it doesn't have fucking trash mobility. Move speed in tf2 is one of the best balancing mechanics and overwatch scrapped that shit to try and force teamwork, leading a loss of immersion (road hog moves at the same fucking speed as tracer, are you fucking kidding me), and death sentences to any hero without a mobility mod (re: most common support heros) especially at the hands of someone like poo in loo.

I also hate how quickly you lose momentum In overwatch, it's like flying through molasses you slow down so fucking quickly. Even in the pitiful state it's in now, tf2 is far better than overwatch will ever be.
>>
>>381620027
This. A trillion billion times this.
Calling Overwatch a """"game"""" that you """""""play""""""" is an insult to both terms.
>>
>>381619806
A lot of these gripes read like "it's not TF2 and I really like TF2" complaints

I'm not really going to go further because I don't feel like arguing all night

why are you treating the words of a guy that self-admittedly played for a single weekend like gospel?
>>
>>381620027
>>381620265
Play Quake Champions fags
>>
>>381620429
It's not out yet. :(
>>
File: heavy what.png (70KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
heavy what.png
70KB, 288x288px
>>381618928
Even as someone who loves heavy I'd rather see pyro get fixed first because of how fucking annoying he is.
>flamethrower range gets absurdly long with lag
>everything about airblast
>scorch shot, reserve shooter
>can't dodge flames
>engie/pyro cancer
>>
>>381618115
I mean is obvious that they are his friends saying that shit
>>
File: scout blue.jpg (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
scout blue.jpg
40KB, 300x300px
>>381619087
natascha is fucking trash dude and this is coming from a scout main.
you're better off just keeping the extra damage

shotguns on heavy are fun but can't compete with sandvich
>>
I just realized that TF2 purists are the shooter version of meleefags
>latch onto a game that was never intended to be truly competitive but ended up that way on accident via a single mechanic
>Sing songs about its superior depth to every other game on the market
>They refuse to play anything else even after support for the game has long ended and people have largely moved on
>They angrily tear down any 'replacements' that exist as being dumbed down trash
>>
>>381620730
airblast isnt bad
pyro helping engie with sapper only isnt bad since he needs to have homewrecker and its variants equipped for it.
flamethrower can be completely bugged to miss when you are face to face
reserve is only bad if they airblast you
scorch shot might need the bounce splash to change
>>
>>381620265
Play titanfall if you want a fast shooter, it's about as fast as they come from AAA
>>
>>381620940
stop memeing you fuck
>>
>>381615798
There is literally no defending Overwatch's loot model. LITERALLY FUCKING NONE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWTsJZD3YFQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OyhTKX7i4I
>>
File: pyro airblast hitbox.png (258KB, 471x455px) Image search: [Google]
pyro airblast hitbox.png
258KB, 471x455px
>>381620970
>airblast isnt bad
giant hitbox
stuns
denies ubers with no effort

>pyro helping engie with sapper only isnt bad since he needs to have homewrecker and its variants equipped for it.
which every pyro runs because spychecking around a sentry is a lot easier than trying to deathmatch

>flamethrower can be completely bugged to miss when you are face to face
flamethrower range is random. you have no way of knowing what it's going to be so you have to assume every pyro can hit you from 30ft away.

>reserve is only bad if they airblast you
which is easy to do because of this hitbox
and let's not forget you can minicrit soldiers rocket jumping

>scorch shot might need the bounce splash to change
agreed, no reason to ever take the other flare guns because scorch is so effective
>>
>>381621254
Judging from your filename I'm guessing you're posting all these screencaps
I actually genuinely have OCD and I've never had any problem whatsoever with picking one or two skins I really want each event and ignoring the rest, lol

>jimquisition
the dude who has a habit of launching into righteous crusades at the slightest provocation?
>>
>>381620940
Except meleefags have had 2 new smash games to play. Valve has not made a new Team Fortress game and all these "replacements" don't follow its line because they are not made by the same developer.
Sure, the game was never meant to be competitive but that's only because that wasn't that much of a thing 10 years ago. Almost all of the depht in the game was intended, unlike melee.
TL;DR >>381621221
>>
>>381618928
>Mained Heavy back in the day
>just punched shit
>got really good at punching shit
>all of his other weapons have been completely disregarded in order to punch more
>>
>>381621758
You should try BSS and FoS, one of my favorite pub stomping loadouts.
>Gibuses have no idea how to counter it and just run at you
>>
>>381596217
idk what are worse, tf2 players that are still playing tf2, or overwatch players in general

how the fuck can you live with yourself playing that game, i feel it should receive mockey on the level of adult runescape players
>>
>>381621458
>let's not forget you can minicrit soldiers rocket jumping
well duh cause thats the fucking point of the reserve shooter, to combat AIRBORNE targets.
Hell it used to be more busted, it minicritted anybody in the air, no exceptions.
Airblast couldnt techincally be considered a stun, like Sandmans, because you can still """move""" and attack and denying the uber most the time doesnt work with competent heavy/medic combo
>>
>>381621692
>all the depth in the game was intended
>All the new weapons they added were gimmicks and half of the classes were unviable in comp from the start and it hasn't really changed

such balancing.
>>
>>381596689
I've gotten half your hours in 4 months, so I assume you were never active.
>>
>>381621692
>2 new smash games to play
Neither of them really like melee at all.
>>
>>381621936
Tell me where I talked about balance in my post.

>>381622123
They are, the community just doesn't like them. It's probably justified, but that's not what I'm talking about.
>>
>>381621221
He's right though. Both games were good for their time but have aged poorly. It's time to move on bud, there's new things to discover out there.
>>
>>381622328
tf2 is still good and valve hasnt stopped supporting it, rather have a freakishly small team doing it now.
6/10 i took the b8
>>
>>381621934
>Airblast couldnt techincally be considered a stun
No it's a full stun it just doesn't last very long. And before you ask
>Why does that matter?
Because you lose all momentum regardless of what you were doing or how fast you were going and you can't air strafe out like you can with rockets, stickies, bullets, or literally any other damage type. Let's not forget that it ignores class weight so pyro can juggle the 400 pound heavy around all day long where as a soldier or demo would struggle to do the same.

>denying the uber most the time doesnt work with competent heavy/medic combo
Heavy is slow as fuck even if the pyro dies while airblasting he's ruined that uber. And that's the best case scenario there are lots of maps where you can get airblasted around cover or pushed off a cliff.

Airblast is a fucking stupid mechanic and needs to be completely reworked.
>>
>>381618928
>sandvich only good secondary
Family Bussiness
>>
>>381621840
I always went with the bear claws for shits and giggles but the FoS were always the shit because no one could deal with a heavy punching them for some reason
>>
>>381622585
Your sickly grandmother would be better off dead but you insist on keeping her alive hooked up to a machine. What you don't know is she's been dead for years. It's okay there guy, let her go.
>>
>>381622802
why would you ever pull out a shotgun when playing as a heavy when the minigun deals more damage than it at all ranges?
>>
File: 1485470306996.jpg (30KB, 400x408px) Image search: [Google]
1485470306996.jpg
30KB, 400x408px
@381623134
>>
once it stopped being a fad, Valve cleaned up the interface and stuff a lot and really stopped milking it, and it mustered up some of its pre normie glory.
>>
>>381623151
Not him but spin up time obviously
>>
>>381623696
only an issue if you have poor positioning
>>
I still play it for a couple weeks out of the year. Not much point in buying Overwatch when I have TF2 for actually playing a game and SFM for fapping.
>>
>>381623851
Or if a soldier rocket jump on you at the speed of light out of nowhere
>>
>>381619724
>playing spy and disguising as a friendly hoovy for ez backstabs
>>
>>381623954

>>381623851
>>
>>381624150
You sound like someone who had no idea what you can with rocket jumps in TF2.

That's pretty sad in 2017
>>
File: soldier america.jpg (249KB, 434x500px) Image search: [Google]
soldier america.jpg
249KB, 434x500px
>>381624265
I'm a 6000 hour soldier main
>>
>>381599813
you are literally /my guy/
>>
File: 1496320632670.jpg (74KB, 674x496px) Image search: [Google]
1496320632670.jpg
74KB, 674x496px
>>381624146
>Impromptu friendly heavy gathering
>Disguise as heavy on my team
>Walk around the area doing friendly heavy things
>Someone inevitably tries to kill me
>8/10 times they taunt afterwards
>Deadring behind their back while they're taunting and stab them
Never gets old
>>
>>381624391
And you keep maintaining that if you get caught off guard by a rocket jumping soldier as a heavy it's just bad positioning. Even though the soldier can go through an entire map in less than 10 sec, back and forth, in all direction, at all time.

Who are you kidding exactly? You're either lying on your soldier experience on you're a dumb contrarian
>>
>>381613548
>that Pistol
Since when did Razer start submitting designs to Valve?
>>
>>381603913
Honestly they should never have given DR the ability to refill on ammo while still cloaked.
>>
File: heavy drink.jpg (74KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
heavy drink.jpg
74KB, 900x900px
>>381624737
>Even though the soldier can go through an entire map in less than 10 sec, back and forth, in all direction, at all time.
Outside of 5CP, maps you can cross in a single string of jumps are extremely rare or so difficult they're not practical. Also maps where you can do this tend to be very open and give you plenty of time to see them coming like upward for example. You should never be in a position as a heavy where you can't spot players flanking behind you.
>>
File: hot wheels brand wrench.jpg (132KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
hot wheels brand wrench.jpg
132KB, 1600x900px
>>381624830
Razer makes things that aren't green?
>>
it sucks because i still like the core gameplay but they fucked it beyond redemption with the new update that added the queue shit. it's either i'm stuck on the fucking search screen for literally 20 or more minutes because every gameserver is empty unless you want to play exclusively 24/7 dustbowl 2fort or degroot keep. even the community servers are all trade servers. it sucks because i still like the gameplay itself
>>
>>381596217
no one who played tf2 switched over to overwatch.
>>
File: laughter.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
laughter.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>381625547
>give you plenty of time to see them coming like upward for example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YtAoSKOifw
>>
>>381596906
So it is fun then.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170624-000623.png (197KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170624-000623.png
197KB, 1920x1200px
>>381605378
Ah jeez.
>>
>>381625893
that doesn't help your case
>is high up in the air the whole time and can be seen from a mile away
not to mention he's using infinite clip so parts of that jump aren't even possible
>>
>>381625760
I have over 4000 hours in TF2 and I switched to Overwatch cause the Valve fucked it
>>
>>381620027
>Adam Jensen takes a screenshot
>>
>>381619039
>A good scout can do this easily with or without the sandman combo shut the fuck up
"A good scout can easily run straight at the guy who does over 500dps at close range and demolish him with his slow firing shotgun that takes 2-3 shots to kill a heavy"

You could have just said you didn't play TF2 anon.
>>
I still play it. People shit on TF2 but they can't name a better FPS. And don't say Overwatch because you can't even 1v1 each other without being hardcountered.
>>
File: slav scouts.jpg (457KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
slav scouts.jpg
457KB, 1920x1080px
>>381627294
>A good scout can easily run straight at the guy who does over 500dps at close range and demolish him with his slow firing shotgun that takes 2-3 shots to kill a heavy
500 dps or not he still has to track a fast moving target jumping over his head. Would I recommend running straight at a revved up heavy? No, but one of the strengths of scout is you can choose your engagements and wait for an opportunity.

Pyros are worse desu. He doesn't have to aim right at you, airblast counters your movement, you can't afford to take ANY afterburn, and he isn't a big fat slow target like heavy.
>>
>>381596217
I tried playing TF2 again and it looks even more retarded than it did when I quit.
>>
>>381627961
>taking afterburn damage while fighting a pyro
>ever
I already told you anon, you can just say you don't play tf2, you don't need to prove it by telling us how dangerous it is to fight a pyro when that's one of the easiest match ups in the game to win.
>>
File: shiggy giantdad.jpg (65KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy giantdad.jpg
65KB, 600x450px
>>381596217
>moving on
>to a worse game
tf2 is superior in every way, of course I'm still playing it.
>>
>>381628662
>flames
>consistent
pick one
why do you think pyro's getting an update in the first place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdNm1b2-E2w
>>
>>381627806
Half-Life 2 easy.
>>
>>381626595
You will go back. Trust me.
>>
>>381620389
Because if it takes a guy a weekend to find out why a game is shit when a whole dev team couldn't figure it out, that's a sign your game is shit.
>>
>>381626736
kek
>>
>>381620389
I quit TF2 years ago and really looked forward to Overwatch. After playing it for around 100 hours I was incredibly surprised to feel "It's not TF2 and I love TF2... Why did I quit TF2..."

From the garbage damage falloff (Everyone is so fucking long ranged) to shit like Pharah being a constant airborne threat in a game where the max FOV is so low, focusing her leaves you open to getting fucked by a million other things, yeah, there's problems. And I was flat out finished with TF2. WAS, anyway. Now I miss it.
>>
I quit playing TF2 December 15th 2011.
>>
File: 440_20170624001336_1.jpg (109KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
440_20170624001336_1.jpg
109KB, 1366x768px
What weapons do you guys want changed in the upcoming Pyro/Jungle update.

Also, post loadout of your favorite class.
>>
>>381622085
Or he had a life?
>>
>>381620027
Tracer and genji is actuslly 10% faster than the rest. Not that it matters that much though
>>
File: 1492202436435.png (42KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1492202436435.png
42KB, 256x256px
>>381596217
Right here
>>
I recently starting using the caber again just for laughs and it's still just as fun as it was pre-nerf, it's pretty shit yeah but still really fun
>>
>>381596217
They nerfed my flaregun and fire axe. kinda pissed off at that desu cause that was my favorite go to load out for the pyro.
>>
>>381596217
I still play TF2, I will never leave it

By the way how do you guys get good?
>>
>>381631653
>ring

Y'know I ended up with one of those years ago, not only do I not wear it, I don't even talk to the person that gave it to me anymore.
>>
>>381632053
Tell the tale anon
>>
>>381632026
>I still play TF2, I will never leave it
if you play soldier or scout often, you should try quake live

>By the way how do you guys get good?
its something that just happens naturally overtime if you are playing 4+ out of 7 days a week
>>
>>381632162
No no no, that'd be airing someone's dirty laundry, and that's rude.
>>
>>381632026
Play a lot and watch good people play so you can copy and understand what they do.
>>
File: Spy.png (103KB, 456x640px) Image search: [Google]
Spy.png
103KB, 456x640px
>>381631653
This is my dream loadout but it'll never happen since Valve will never let you equip badges in the action slot.
>>
File: 1481994402592.jpg (321KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481994402592.jpg
321KB, 720x720px
Post stories from tf2. Any stories really
>watched my brother play it before I got into it
>he had the Black Rose which I thought was really cool
>after about a year of me playing it I got the black rose
>Holy shit dude this is so cool
>somehow my dumbass deleted it
>mfw I realized you can only get it through that achievement and I'll never get to use it
I don't even play spy but man that shit made me mad
>>
>>381632053
My ring is pretty special to me.

I sent it to an account I made named after my waifu.
>>
>>381632026
Play all of the classes so you can have a better understanding of how they work and how to predict your enemies.
>>
>>381624716

>Using a friendly Heavy disguise to fake people out

Now that's just devilish, eventually noone will trust friendlies ever again
>>
>>381632453
Godly.
It looks like a Robbie Rotten style disguise.
>>
>>381632264
not even a barebones TL;DR? i'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>381596217
Playing none of these games, but it's still easier to fix TF2 than making Overwatch good.
Casuals are already sick and tired of it and the only reason it is alive is due to events.

Meanwhile TF2 could go on and on without updates and would in some cases even be better off without them.
>>
>>381632734
All right, just being brief, a fan of my videos wanted to buy me a ring, so they did, I accepted it, they drifted away and I didn't try to keep them around.
So now I've got this ring in my inventory that says my name and a couple weird characters that's whatever their name is these days.
>>
File: tf2 art 4.jpg (2MB, 1200x771px) Image search: [Google]
tf2 art 4.jpg
2MB, 1200x771px
>>381632026
Use a 120hz monitor, have a good mouse, fix your network settings.
And don't be a crutch using faggot or you'll never improve.
>>
>>381632857
You're a chick, huh?
>>
>>381632932
No I'm big fucker who hasn't made anything but sub-par videos since 2012.
>>
>>381605345
A lot of items got changed as well.
>>
File: 1465137791456.jpg (44KB, 197x199px) Image search: [Google]
1465137791456.jpg
44KB, 197x199px
>>381632473
At least you got yours in the first place. I played like 5 matches in that shitty game and it still didn't give me the achievement.
>>
>>381632473
That one time where I deleted my Gibus, I didn't know what I was doing
>>
>>381596217
Would TF2 a easy way to play the weapons they make?
It would be nice if you had untradable weapons of every kind.
And strange and hats make most of the money probably.
>>
>>381632857
>>381632976
That's a hell of a gift from a fan.
Star_?
>>
>>381633060
If I was Star I'd be shitting myself over how much I hate TF2 and my fans right now.
>>
>>381614198
Ambassador spy was fine, as it could be used to kill the engineer if his buildings were placed in a tight space, preventing him from being stabbed/sapped proper.
>but SNIPER
Sniper can deal with it behind his teammates typically, there are some spots that are inaccessible to him while the spy can infiltrate and take out an engineer from a safe spot out of a sentry's range instead of praying for crits from a standard revolver. Also the Ambassador doesn't have a scope, this isn't KAEDE Smith. It requires more skill to land a poor man's headshot in terms of damage but is also more flexible. If they were going to change the Ambassador, making it RNG-reliant is a stupid move that removes skill rather than balancing it.
>>
>>381599030
I have not figure out how to do this kind of rocket jumping in tf2...
How do I "pogo"?
>>
File: Untitled3.png (99KB, 883x780px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled3.png
99KB, 883x780px
>>381605378
I really loved Engineer. Pyro would be a bit lower, but I had way too much fun pissing off Skillringers. 7 times out of 10 they'd bitch in chat
>>
>>381633032
>mfw just read the wiki and it said they were going to make it tradeable and didn't
FUCKING VALVE
>>
>>381632053
Me and a friend have it as well.
We thought it would be funny to waste one hundred bucks on a ring because it was funny that we wasted one hundred bucks on a ring.
Then we realized we wasted one hundred bucks on a thing in tf2 and both quit the game later that month.
>>
>>381633039
>>381632473
I'm still regretting deleting a few hats/buzzers because I used to be a one-page-backpack F2P. Glad I still have my halloween stuff.
>>
>>381598324
>that green shit

tf2 is dead
>>
>>381607458
I still see LMAObox but not even close to as much as I used to.
>>
>>381606194
kek
>>
>>381633227
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIIf5Hr94Ck
>>
>>381607052
uninstall? yes.
>>
>>381633389
Thanks, now I remember why I deleted my Gibus because I needed space for some weapon, that was probably the dumbest thing I ever did in TF2
>>
>>381607458
I went into a casual matchmaking game and the second match I got was 3 people hacking on our team, took multiple attempts to kick them. Referred to something as "NCC", they weren't spamming lmaobox.
LMAOBOX is still a thing though.
>>
>>381632473

>get level three chin and rancho on the same day for fat guy engine
>use the chin for a good couple months
>fairly recently got urge to remove all cosmetics
>chin comes off

I was so used to that fuckin fat engie that it seriously weirded me out seeing him actually have a neck and jaw line.
>>
>>381633389
I was a free to play for 2 years but I don't think I ever had to delete anything to make space. That was before the fucked with the item drops so they were more rare, I basically only got achievement items.
>>
>>381605048
>can't run TF2
anon you need to stop lying
>>
File: 1423873990723.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1423873990723.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>381633317
>tfw have the black rose to this day and A.V.A wasn't even avalaible in my country
>>
File: 9877.png (257KB, 1030x1570px) Image search: [Google]
9877.png
257KB, 1030x1570px
>>381605378
>>
File: dreams.jpg (70KB, 371x408px) Image search: [Google]
dreams.jpg
70KB, 371x408px
>>381596217
I left a while before Overwatch came out. I have about 3k hours, and I just needed a new time waster.

I've been playing Overwatch since the beta. The community is complete shit. It refuses to work together a majority of the time, even in Comp and with shit on the line. And I can safely say, I've never encountered so many goddamned spergs in my life.

Anyways, I'm coming back to TF2 after 2 years. Anything I should know?
>>
>>381607467
I remember playing Mccree on Numbani in quickplay instead of being a healer, we had a guy on our team shitting on us about how we were gonna lose. We won with no healers and they were still bitching about the team composition. It's fun once in a while but it's so reliant on teammates and everyone is getting mad that I just play a bare minimum solo or occasionally with online friends who are shitposting eachother instead of taking even competitive seriously. At best, quickplay is "pick heroes that aren't meta but still have a tank/dps/healer" mode. Everyone's still about as serious and it really makes it feel like less of a game.
>>
>>381633131

>Burn all bridges with your old fanbase because you hate TF2
>Convert completely to Overwatch
>Overwatch expectedly starts getting stale so start trying to save face laughing at people thinking the TF2 update will come anytime soon

Star_ made his bed, now he's got to sleep in it
>>
>>381633963
theres a casual and competitive mode similar to OW
>>
>>381633928
Sometimes I'll see someone using it in a server and I'll get a little irritated. Didn't they change the achievement for how you get it? I think it's on one of the spy milestones iirc
>>
>>381633963
You're gonna want to shoot the other colour fellas.
>>
>>381605378
Did you get those stats on an idle server?
>>
>>381634023
>a load of his TF2 buddies are still frequently playing and streaming TF2
>none of them seem as fucking miserable as ster does
>>
>>381633963
The "Esports" cancer has spread and now TF2 has "Casual" and "Competitive" as well, basically.

Thanks "Esports", you stupid fucking corporate faggots.
>>
>Spycrab still isn't tradable
>Genuine versions of the prinny items still not tradable

Getting a little sick of this
>>
>>381634059
what? you can only get it from A.V.A and i think it's unobtanaible now due to servers shutting down.
>>
File: casual.gif (1MB, 270x235px) Image search: [Google]
casual.gif
1MB, 270x235px
>>381634156
yeah how dare those faggots want to play tf2 at a high level instead of fucking around on 2fort for the 10000th time
>>
>>381609310
>in just over 3 months tf2 will be a decade old
>>
>>381634212
Who knows, I feel like they changed it sometime though because I remember getting it but I don't really remember playing AVA
>>
>>381634171
Bought Disgaea today literally only for the machete and r34 bait characters.
>>
>>381634156
>I'm afraid of some competitive fun and everyone should just fuck around in pubs
Balancing doesn't even affect pubs. It's chaos anyways.
>>
>>381634347
Weren't Genuine versions of the Disgaea items only available for pre-order? I know there are regular versions of the item in the Mann Co. store now.

Disgaea is a fun game, anon. I hope you enjoy it, even if you only bought it for TF2 items and fapping purposes.
>>
>>381596217
Playing Sniper on TF2 is loads more fun than Widowmaker or Hanzo.
>>
File: space-ghost.jpg (70KB, 376x211px) Image search: [Google]
space-ghost.jpg
70KB, 376x211px
I hope valve doesnt go through with the cleaver nerf.

>>381631709
Then he should not be on this website.
>>
File: construction worker.jpg (2MB, 1920x4320px) Image search: [Google]
construction worker.jpg
2MB, 1920x4320px
Is TF2 the peak of fun class based shooters? in 10 years nothing has come close, not even TFC was this close.
>>
>>381634768
Widow and Hanzo are the absolute worst because everything takes place as chokepoints and small spaces in OW. There is so much cover, in addition to barriers, that while they have superior abilities to sniper's iterations, their circumstances (map design and barriers) screw them over more often than not.
>>
>>381635045
It is but the potential has been ruined by Valve gimping mod support, practically hiding the server browser which kills community servers, and by allowing people to change cosmetics mid match which leads to a bunch of AFKs.
>>
>>381634154

It's kind of funny in how sad it is, even if he came back at this point everyone would be skeptical.
>>
>>381635045
TFC wasn't fun because you had medics doing scouts job better and grenade jumping around better than any other class, it was a dead meta that never got fixed
>>
>>381634270
>>381634487
The problem is deeper than a simply "wuh wuh how dare people wan 2 play compepipive hardcore videogames". The splitting of a single collective mode into two as opposed to having an unofficial competitive scene for those who truly care and want to be organized and competitive overall has a negative effect on anyone who is just starting out and/or legitimately wants to "git gud" at the game, and generally has a terrible effect on the community as a whole by creating mindsets which did not exist in the first place, which does nothing but breed more terrible experiences for others who don't buy into the same mentalities.

It is not a straightforward issue, and yet it's still a terrible one. Fuck "Esports", and the massive wave of chuckle headed fucks that buy into that shit.
>>
>>381635261
Im surpised it still has a small dedicated fanbase. Seems like people fucked off after 2005.

I mostly hated how movement felt. Never liked half-lifes moevment though its supposed to be quake 1's I remember quake 1 being smoother.

>>381635223
I still dont get why valve introduced quick play. hardly any servers with good custom maps. I put a bunch in my server but no one ever joins.
>>
>>381635252
He doesn't even seem to like anyone he plays with anymore, meanwhile you can watch any TF2 video, besides a few that have Jerma in them, and he's obviously having a great time.
I actually got pretty sad at one of his extra-old videos where he'd made a second account and was racking up achievements on it, because he went on for a solid two minutes about how much he loves the game.
>>
>>381635378
This
Also why the fuck did Star_ stop playing TF2? Why does he throw autistic fits at its mere mention?
>>
File: ster is mad part 2.png (100KB, 606x958px) Image search: [Google]
ster is mad part 2.png
100KB, 606x958px
>>381635628
Well here's part of why.
>>
>>381635457
>my server
Region? Is the server vanilla?
>>
File: angryoldman.jpg (37KB, 311x400px) Image search: [Google]
angryoldman.jpg
37KB, 311x400px
>>381633060
>>381633131
>>381634023
>>381634154
>>381635628
Why do you children care about a man child having hissyfits? Surley he cant be as funny to see as any lolcow.

>>381635692
I allow all weapons, its located in texas USA. Other than ctf_well the maps are custom. Some maps from the workshop others that are like obscure from gamebannna
>>
>>381635683
Jesus christ what vid?
>>
>>381635786
He used to be fun to watch, keyword is used. Now he just throws autistic fits if TF2 is mentioned and exclusively playes overwatch
It's more pity than anything
>>
>>381635786
He used to have fun. Now nobody is having fun.
>>
File: 1461753687329.png (21KB, 654x627px) Image search: [Google]
1461753687329.png
21KB, 654x627px
>>381596217
I don't play TF2 anymore because after 5 years of playing it every few days it got kinda boring and the updates kind of muddied what made the game fun (on top of constant children downloading the game and avoiding doing the objective like it was a plague)

I bought Overwatch and after 9 months of playing it every few days it got really boring and the "OH SHIT YOU HAD BETTER PLAY RIGHT NOW ALL WEEK OR ELSE YOU WON'T GET ANY OF THE NEW CONTENT. NO WAITING OR PLAYING AT YOUR OWN PACE ALLOWED, IF YOU WANT NEW STUFF PLAY NOW NOW NOW" style updates really made me stop giving a shit about the new content.
The playerbase is also pretty fucking gay and cares too much about the "established meta" like a bunch of stream watching cunts.

I might not play TF2 anymore, but it was definitely the better game and kept me coming back for fucking years. Overwatch couldn't even manage to keep me interested for a year before I got turned off by its jewish updates and restrictive modes and options.
>>
>>381635797
The comments were deleted from it, but Dane put in a dig about ster fueling the hatred for mini-sentries in his video on mini-sentries, which have since been tweaked a billion times and aren't at all difficult to deal with if you're not breandead.
>>
>>381635969
Why the fuck does overwatch have timed updates? Even shit like halloween mode in TF2 can still be played in community servers year round
>>
>>381635378
There's nothing wrong with a developer supporting the people who put the most effort and time into their games.
The "split" in the communities only exists in TF2 because of how niche competitive TF2 is, which creates some elitist attitudes from competitive players and misinformation from casual players.
If competitive was a bit more mainstream this wouldn't happen.
>>
>>381635572
>because he went on for a solid two minutes about how much he loves the game.
got a link and time to the vid? I want to see one of his rants on TF2 after seeing a video like that.
>>
File: wow.png (90KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
90KB, 270x270px
>>381635875
Ill never get you kids and man children watching man children play video games for fun instead of playing yourself.

And im only 20 years old.
>>
>>381635683
>>381635797
>>381635984
Fuck this dude.
My absolute favourite way to play TF2 for a long time was Engie with Widowmaker+Lugermorph+Gunslinger

Because of him the gunslinger was either banned on the server or everyone would throw autistic fits about me using it.
>>
>>381635683
I cannot think of anything to give less of a shit about than youtuber drama.
>>
>>381635984
Mini sentries were always easy to deal with, only salty scout mains had problems with them
>>
>>381596906
so perfect for you
>>
>>381636056
https://youtu.be/XoZqeBzKIsw Don't remember exactly when he goes on about it but it's about halfway in.
>>
>>381596217
>How many /v/irgins still play ugly shitty meme game or has everyone moved on to pretty shitty meme game?
too many
>>
>>381636028
>Why the fuck does overwatch have timed updates?
Because they make shit loads of money from the people that can't restrain themselves and buy $100-200 worth of lootboxes before the update is over to try and get the new skins.

At least with TF2 you have the options to trade for items, wait for a drop, or just buy it for money directly without having to just hope you get the 1 item you actually want from the update.
>>
File: 1403815590139.png (85KB, 250x345px) Image search: [Google]
1403815590139.png
85KB, 250x345px
>>381635786
>Located in Texas
Perfect.

>>381636093
>Not enjoying the rage the Gunslinger used to guarantee
>>
>>381636101
They are easy to deal with, the problem is how easy it is to shit them out.
I don't think they are op or anything, but they could use a redesign or something. Just like the whole class desu or just sentries in general
>>
>>381636260
>>Not enjoying the rage the Gunslinger used to guarantee
With enough rage the server admins would eventually disable it
>>
>>381636294
If a non-competitive server disables an item, it's probably not a very good server.
>>
File: IMG_7773.jpg (147KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7773.jpg
147KB, 1600x900px
>>381607817
Only if you bought them at Marketplace.tf, then no. You're a real faggot if you fell for the VIP meme some servers shill out.

t. =WL= and -[FF]- perm vip asrielfag
>>
>>381636080
I'm 23 dumbass.
I never cared about his life or any of that shit, i just find it cringy and embarassing that he shits on the very people that made him popular in the furst place, it's not the first time ive seen something like this happen either
>>
>>381596217

Overwatch is great but i still go back to TF2 for Suitcase and mod games
>>
>>381636080
It's fun. I bet you approved of the removal of spectating in-game matches. It's like people-watching, you do it to learn what they are doing, how they are doing it, and maybe even find entertainment in their perspective depending on their level of competence. It's the age-old "monkey see, monkey do", you'd have to be autistic not to get the appeal.
>>
File: Steam_2017-06-24_02-23-25.png (64KB, 355x551px) Image search: [Google]
Steam_2017-06-24_02-23-25.png
64KB, 355x551px
>>381636101
>only salty scout mains had problems with them
Don't forget rocket jumping meme soldiers

The kill counters might only count melee kills, but it was still worth adding these parts just for extra salt
>>
>>381596217
Both are shit.
>>
File: 1475877017302.jpg (805KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1475877017302.jpg
805KB, 2560x1440px
I can't say I've played the game religiously over the past decade, especially in recent years, but I have clocked thousands of hours since the beta back in '07 and been present for pretty much every major update while we were still waiting for "Meet the Pyro" to come out.

I understood class-based shooters. There was TFC, naturally, and the Team Fortresses that came before it. And things like Day of Defeat or Battlefield.

But TF2 really broke the mold on this one. 9 distinct classes. One of those rare games that really made a meaningful development for its genre, to the point that innumerable shooters attempt to ape its philosophies.

And none of them are in TF2's league. Going over their design sentiments in the developer commentary, to how they balanced and patched the game going forward in those first few years, that glorious golden age. It was bearing witness to a master class in game design.

I'll still try to get a few rounds in here or there. My favorite community servers, small intimate communities where everybody knew each other by their given name, and our friends lists looked so identical, are all gone. Those friends moved onto other things, or just dropped off the face of Steam. Last online over a year ago, stuff like that.
>>
>>381636386
A lot of people really fucking hate the minisentry and just immediately deemed it as broken and unfair.

Also I mostly only played on servers with small player caps which were really hard to find, especially ones that actually did the objective and didn't run garbage custom maps. So it really sucked when they started banning the mini
>>
>>381636260
66.55.149.103:27970
I sometimes shill on workshop discussions.

>>381636490
They didnt remove that though. You can do that with source TV or any community server.

What I dont get is why you kids watch these unfunny retards, I've seen them and they are hardly entertaining.
>>
>>381621882
The fuck does this even mean? TF2 is rated M and literally for adults.
>>
>>381636648
Most people forget that TF2 used to be an actual paid game with a really chill playerbase before it turned into a F2P 3D chatroom for children, bronies and furries
>>
File: 20170619162958_1.jpg (259KB, 1338x587px) Image search: [Google]
20170619162958_1.jpg
259KB, 1338x587px
>>381605378
Where do you people get 500-ish points? Do you just sit around in some game with no objective all day?
>>
File: average valve work day.png (12KB, 598x220px) Image search: [Google]
average valve work day.png
12KB, 598x220px
>>381635378
>The splitting of a single collective mode into two as opposed to having an unofficial competitive scene for those who truly care and want to be organized and competitive overall has a negative
That's exactly what TF2's competitive scene was for the last decade but throwing tournaments and lans together is expensive. That may have been okay 10 years ago but esports is a thriving business now. At some point you have to ask yourself if practicing this game for thousands of hours is worth it when there are other options which pay well. CSGO and Dota proved people are interested in watching pro players there's no reason TF2 can't follow the same path if valve put even the slightest amount of effort into supporting the competitive scene. Competitive mode was in the works for FOUR. FUCKING. YEARS. and they gave us a steaming pile of shit. If valve just said "fuck comp tf2 is going to be a casual game" that would be one thing but they didn't do that. Valve said they wanted tf2 to be competitive, they wanted tf2 to be an esport, but then they spend YEARS fucking around and wasting time doing god knows what and they leave the comp community in the dark never communicating anything. Valve treats their playerbase like dogshit.
>>
i haven't played tf2 since the day that special weapons started dropping for people. as a result, i have none of them whatsoever.

if i went back to try out tf2 after not playing for like 9 years, would i get shit on for having absolutely nothing but default items?
>>
>>381636709
Achievement servers, back when you needed those to get the new weapons.
>>
File: 1448915172146768790.jpg (112KB, 700x921px) Image search: [Google]
1448915172146768790.jpg
112KB, 700x921px
>>381636696
>tfw met my best online friends through TF2 on Xbox 360 days in high school and still play games witht hem on PC every day
They've been the longest-lasting friendships I've ever had, even from ones in person.
>>
>>381636836
You won't get shit on
>>
File: 1409888807237.jpg (167KB, 551x892px) Image search: [Google]
1409888807237.jpg
167KB, 551x892px
>>381636646
Added to favorites. If I have time soon, I'll join the server for a while.
>>
>>381636836
Nah, default weapons are still perfectly viable. I pretty much use default weapons for every class.
>>
>>381636531
Toppest kek
>>
>>381596217
Name 1 (one) thing the two games have in common, other than the class system.
>>
>>381636952
torbjorn
>>
>>381636836
Nah, the stock weapons are usually the best options. There are some exceptions, but it shouldn't matter too much if you're just going to play pubs.
>>
I want to play again, But Meet your Match fucked every setting I had for the game and now it runs like shit despite everything running fine.

It is weird where I can play Payday 2 on the highest settings with most bodies and get zero lag or Zero issues with Overwatch but then TF2 comes and shutters on the Main Menu

Also, I hated the new Crate system since there are hats that I want and cannot get due to Rarity and then the fucking terrible shit like that FUCKING BANANA hat
>>
File: 20170624023145_1.jpg (168KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170624023145_1.jpg
168KB, 1920x1080px
I dont even know what I was trying to do
>>
>>381636646
I'm 24, I just happen to like hearing others' perspectives or seeing people fuck around since I've never had friends that do that sort of thing. It's pretty much an alien experience when playing the game gets more grating to play than usual. Also my internet is questionable so when it spikes to 800ms, I'm going to load up a youtube video instead of plaguing whatever server I get stuck with. Or shitpost on 4chan, it's about the same amount of entertainment, you should know how fun that is.
>>
>>381636898
do i have any hope of acquiring these for free or is it still like the old system where you can play all day and get shitty hats and not an alternate weapon? even if they are shitty and not viable, i want to mess around with things like melee demoman and Your Eternal Reward but not spend money or have to play for hundreds of hours until one drops, is there an easier way to acquire the things you specifically want for free?
>>
File: hawkeyeandtrappershitpostonK.jpg (25KB, 345x449px) Image search: [Google]
hawkeyeandtrappershitpostonK.jpg
25KB, 345x449px
>>381637102
Oh I get it. I need to not have friends to like these videos or shitpost.
>>
>>381636886
Are you me anon? Literally the fucking same, but also including halo and gears of war
Except i also met my gf
>>
>>381637236
Yeah, only casuals have friends.
>>
>>381637207
>where you can play all day and get shitty hats and not an alternate weapon?
Its literally the opposite and it will take for-fucking-ever to get anything that isn't weapons
>>
>>381637295
good to know, guess i will be installing tf2 and screwing around to get drops
>>
>>381637207
Nowadays my drops are just weapons, sounds like what you want

I am not sure about how to get weapons for free but just play a lot and you will amass lots of different weapons in no time, you can consider trading too if you get dupes or buy weapons you really want for 1 scrap
>>
>>381637348
its always been that way man, the hats are really rare drops and you'll almost always get weapons.

They aren't worth much either, so even if you get ones you don't want it won't take long for you to be able to trade the ones you don't want to use for the ones you do want.
>>
How often do you get an actual hat in random drops? It took me 400 hours to get my first (and it was a piece of shit obviously).
>>
File: file.jpg (502KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
502KB, 1136x852px
>tfw was a hardcore TF2 player and modder
>made sound/gui mods for mod emporium and gamebanana sometimes, used hundreds of mods, had massive collection of various improvement mods like TF2 texture improvement project and shugo's TF2B backpack icons, and various improved particle mods
>90% of them no longer work because Valve insists on killing modding on all of their games (Dota 2 is literally unmoddable now too)
This really stifled my enthusiasm for the game and Source games in general. Along with rarely finding good custom servers, I basically just didn't have fun anymore. Source engine was all about mods, now Valve's just got it in development hell while they take a decade to release Source 2 and mod communities are dying.
>>
>>381637207
weapons drop all the time but you don't really need them.
Stock is still good on spy, demo, scout, soldier, medic, and sniper.
>>
>>381637613
>How often do you get an actual hat in random drops?
very rarely, like maybe one every 4-5 months
Sometimes I got lucky, but it was very very rare to get 2 hats in a month
>>
>>381620940
Blame Dota for that since it brought all the shitheads that ruined WC3 into Valve games.

Ironically, DOTA has more Melee faggotry than Melee actually does.
>>
>>381637613
if you want hats you're better off just buying a key from the store and converting it to metal. Keys are worth 30 ref right now.
>>
>>381637207
To add onto other posts, there are class achievement milestones that unlock pre-set weapons for you like bonk or sandvich so you can get a few for each class that way. I'd say doing achievements naturally is funner but I think achievement servers still exist if you just want to get that stuff out of the way.
>>
>>381637056
This, what the fuck happened
>>
>>381637768
>The best looking cosmetics are usually almost 1 key for normal quality
I still love you, cold snap coat.
>>
>>381637845
>what the fuck happened
if you're talking about the garbage cosmetics, Valve stopped making any at all and just let the community make hats. So they all look fucking retarded now
>>
>>381637613
Literally have not had one since 2010, it was a Ushanka for the heavy that i still wear today
>>
>>381637056
>>381637845
TF2 isn't an optimized game so it's bloated with a lot of shit. I started having issues on my old toaster computer because of the bloated UI additions from MYM. Shutting off as much as I could drastically improved it but it still stuttered a lot.
>>
>>381637914
I mean the performance, i have games like vermintide or total war with corpses strewn about and get 60, but TF2 struggles to keep above 120 at any point, and some maps (granted theyre custom ones usually) drop it below 60 if enough shit happens, and this is on mixed settings.
Tf2 should be able to run on literal toasters at this point but even my poorfag friends are struggling now
>>
>>381622637
I wont disagree that airblast has problems, but I don't see the problem with having a way to counter uber. Otherwise the whole game becomes a "who can build uber first" contest.
>>
File: 1482629519118.jpg (643KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1482629519118.jpg
643KB, 1280x1024px
>>381637768
>mfw remembering when keys used to be 2.33 ref
>prices have been going up ever since
>no sign of stopping as long as there's no good metal sink
>>
>>381638215
>tfw stout shakos used to be 2 refined
>that was considered a decent amount back then
>>
>>381638215
Imagine being one of those people who stocked up on buds.
>>
>>381636031
Except Overwatch's community is horrible for the same reasons, and it's a brand new game.

This model makes money, but it makes the games themselves feel worse.
>>
>>381638215
>tfw I have a non-traded metal collection
>no idea what to do with any of the 28 refined in my backpack
Maybe I'll go fuck myself and buy stranges of weird weapons everyone hates.
>>
>>381633963
There is casual and competitive mode.
Don't bother with comp, it's filled with shitheads and aimbotters (if you somehow manage to find a game)
If you into trading don't look at the key prices.
>>
>>381638563
>tf2 comp
>filled with anything at all
>>
>>381638464
I recommend the Apoco-Fists
>>
What's the ambassador nerf?
>>
>>381638464
Trade for some inoffensive multi-class cosmetic like snow sleeves or macho mann or whatever. That stuff at least makes it faster to spot spies dressed as you.
>>
>>381638615
I don't think anyone actually hates the Apoco-Fists.

Wish I had them. I've seen a few Heavy players using them - they're pretty amusing when used at the end of the round or in melee fights.

>>381638675
Instead of the first shot being perfectly accurate, the spread will only be 50% tighter now. However, I think with the way they worded it, the spread is becoming tighter than before the change, so it might be even better for close-midrange fighting, which is what Valve wants for the Ambassador.
>>
File: 1319141375801.jpg (80KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1319141375801.jpg
80KB, 500x666px
Daily reminder that TF2 started the cancer that killed modern competitive gaming.
>>
>>381635045
>bulletwerfer
>demomanslaughterer
Oh shit, I think I played with you before. Go the fuck to bed bro.
>>
>>381638828
Oh probably if you visit casual matchmaking doublecross.

Im always there telling people their skill is bad.
>>
>>381638817
>TF2 started the cancer that killed modern competitive gaming.

Pretty sure "modern competitive gaming" was always cancer anyway
>>
>>381596217
I play both. Just depends what I'm feeling that day.
>>
>>381638675
No more spies being bootleg Chinese snipers, but now hitting headshots in the more conventional revolver range(e.g. close-to-mid range) will be easier.
>>
File: but that's wrong.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
but that's wrong.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>381638112
>Otherwise the whole game becomes a "who can build uber first" contest.
That's grossly over simplifying things. Tracking, building, and using ubers are incredibly complex subjects and it's much easier to screw up an uber than to get it right. Even at the highest level of play teams still regularly screw up ubers. This isn't overwatch just because you right clicked doesn't mean you win. You still need good aim, positioning, timing, and movement to get value out of ubers.

The meta is built on ubers and that's a good thing because ubers are the ultimate stalemate breaker and keeps the game moving. Anything that can easily shutdown ubers without requiring a lot of risk or skill are bad for the game. Soldiers and scouts flying all over the place shooting at each other is much more exciting to play and watch than a pyro holding w+m2 at choke.
>>
>>381638757
It's not that people hate the Apoco-Fists, it's just that a lot of people probably don't even know they exist. I mean the strange quality is worth less than the unique quality according to backpack.tf
>>
>>381638675
Ambassador is no longer perfectly accurate on first shot. Now every shot has spread but the spread is much tighter than it used to be.
>>
>>381638817
didn't the esport fags from 1.6 cause that?
>>
>>381605048
>go on craigslist
>get any PC under 100$
>play tf2
was it hard, senpai?
>>
>>381638405
People these days.
You do not invest in one currency invest in a 30 30 30 ratio so if one fails the others still stand.
Even the most basic jews know this.
>>
>>381638817
No I'm pretty sure that's Riot's fault for pushing LoL's competitive scene way too hard. Garbage ass esports didn't blow up in first-world countries until that shit hit the fan.
>>
>>381605048
I was playing TF2 back in 2010 with a laptop that only had 4GB of RAM. I doubt your 5-year old laptop is unable to run it.
>>
>>381640374
League is so fucking bad, i remember when that shitheap alongside gookclick 2 polluted the front page
/vg/ really was a godsend
>>
>>381638405

Should have known it was coming. It made no sense for keys to be that undervalued when they are literally one of the main driving forces of the trade market
>>
File: RATE.png (265KB, 955x536px) Image search: [Google]
RATE.png
265KB, 955x536px
R8
>>
>>381640698
>bonesaw
why
>>
>>381640698
>Bonesaw
I like you.

As for the cosmetics, 8/10. Nothing unique, but that's not a bad thing if the look is good.
>>
>>381640758
mini crits out the ass
>>
>>381640698
I also have the white pickelhaube that I got a few years back from a craft
>>
File: sad naked krabs.png (521KB, 580x550px) Image search: [Google]
sad naked krabs.png
521KB, 580x550px
>haven't played since Meet the Pyro
>afraid to get back into TF2 because I'll be extremely rusty and have none of the modern cosmetics, so I'll stick out like a sore thumb
>>
File: tf2.jpg (218KB, 1166x692px) Image search: [Google]
tf2.jpg
218KB, 1166x692px
I still pick it up once a month or so to play Saxon Hale mode.
>>
OFFICIAL HOW TO FIX PYRO
Give it a primary weapon that shoots projectile explosives that set those caught in the blast on fire.
>Minicrits those already on fire
>Arc is the same as the grenade launcher, but the fire grenades explode on contact with any surface
>Pyro can grenade jump with it
THAT'S IT THAT'S LITERALLY IT
>>
>>381641159

OR

Airblast jump and 5% more movespeed. Fixes all of pyro's issues
>>
File: 1312115823360.png (13KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
1312115823360.png
13KB, 239x211px
>>381641367
>the state of Phlog and Backburner Pyros
>>
File: ss+(2017-06-24+at+03.38.27).jpg (357KB, 755x1047px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-06-24+at+03.38.27).jpg
357KB, 755x1047px
>tfw too lazy to sell my stuff
>>
>>381641534

Nice bait
>>
File: Steam_2017-06-24_03-39-56.png (30KB, 253x116px) Image search: [Google]
Steam_2017-06-24_03-39-56.png
30KB, 253x116px
>>381641153
>only 3000
>>
>>381641564
bait? how?
>>
>>381632026
I had the fortune of getting my teeth kicked in routinely by the guys in gangsta gang gaming back when they not only existed but also ran a pub sever. Nothing says git gud like being shredded by ugc plat players for the first three months of your play time. Do people even know them any more, God that feels like soong ago...
>>
File: ss+(2017-06-24+at+03.43.34).jpg (349KB, 756x1042px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-06-24+at+03.43.34).jpg
349KB, 756x1042px
>>381641534
Does any of this even have worth anymore?
>>
>>381596217
tf2 might be the best video game of all time. Seriously.
>>
>>381641651
You have nothing good
>>
File: IMG_7777.jpg (36KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7777.jpg
36KB, 453x500px
>he actually trades on trade servers
>>
>>381641626
"only" 3000 hours but i never idled
>>
File: their team your team.jpg (137KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
their team your team.jpg
137KB, 1000x800px
>it's you vs the 12 demo and soldier mains with their kritz medic girlfriends
getting rid of vote scramble was the stupidest fucking idea valve ever had
>>
>>381642067
This
>>
>>381641868
It's good because I like it.
>>
TIL
>people still use Steam
>>
File: 1465922083517.png (224KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
1465922083517.png
224KB, 720x400px
>>381642067
And there are still people who are pushing for abandonment penalties in casual.
>>
>381642926
No (You).
You have to go back.
>>
>>381643215
Literally who. No reason for that at all, as long as they can get autobalance to work better.
>>
>>381632246
>its something that just happens naturally overtime if you are playing 4+ out of 7 days a week
yeah right
>>
File: tf2stats2017.jpg (256KB, 845x786px) Image search: [Google]
tf2stats2017.jpg
256KB, 845x786px
>>381605378
I like to play pyro
>>
File: 90a0371d0bc208fd418fad477228e3d7.png (314KB, 1171x584px) Image search: [Google]
90a0371d0bc208fd418fad477228e3d7.png
314KB, 1171x584px
At the rate my abilities are dropping off, I'm going to become the_best1774 in a few years.

He's my favorite.
>>
>oh shit we got pushed to last, better spam pyro and engie
I pray for the day valve nerfs these two shitheads into the ground and all the little kids uninstall. all I fucking do day in and day out is shoot buildings because only 1% of the playerbase still knows how to dm
>>
>>381618115
git gud faggot
getting headshotted instantly is not hacking
it's called SKILL
>>
>>381644167
Pyro, Engineer and Heavy need a rework, not a nerf.
>>
Haven't actively played in years but recently started again, finding it really enjoyable all of a sudden.
>>
>>381644264
sure just make them actually take effort to play and not be the designated "im too shit for fps" classes.
>>
>>381644327
Well, that's the idea.
>>
>>381618254
>Welcome to all old games, it's basically just hacker stomping grounds
Not like new games are safe from hackers either. Gears of War 4 has a few hackers, even with Windows 10 using the new UWP file type for its apps and games.
>>
>>381643969
This pic always remembers me i have no friends
>>
>>381596217
>moved on to Overwatch
You act like they are even remotely similar games.

TF2 is a very clean, tight game. Designed with casuals in mind, but still has a tall enough skill ceiling to satisfy more serious players.

Overwatch feels a lot more like a MOBA with FPS elements tacked on. Yeah sure, there's still shooter mechanics and all that, but fights come down to proper use of ultimates. There's so many heroes that require literally zero aim to use effectively, many of which are used even in the highest level of competitive play.
>>
File: muslim these people are garbage.jpg (53KB, 1024x647px) Image search: [Google]
muslim these people are garbage.jpg
53KB, 1024x647px
>>381643969
>researched the meta and how to play the class
I will never understand how people struggle with medic, you have two jobs
1. heal more than 1 player at a time
2. don't drop your ubers
That's all you have to fucking do and yet everyday I see medics who are so hilariously incompetent they make bots look good
>>
>>381644167
>having trouble with pyro and engineer
how's your first 100 hours treating you, champ?
>>
>>381599030
tf2 rocket jumping is needlessly difficult
even a f2p moron could pull of that overwatch shit
>>
>>381645097
Proper positioning, prioritizing, and awareness/judgement is still needed to play Medic though. With your logic, everyone who doesn't heal could be what you said but only with one job: shoot people.
>>
>>381645331

tf2's rocket jumping is only "difficult" (it's really not except wall pogos) because of how much control it gives you. There really isn't a better way to do it
>>
>>381645331
>tf2 rocket jumping is needlessly difficult
Not really, Firing the rocket has knockback and you can exploit it to jump. It's just Source Engine physics that you have to mast. Same with using any other item that can cause self-inflicted knockback.
>>
>>381645324
don't act like you've never had a game stalemate with engie spam, upward and barnblitz will be a steamroll all the way up until the end then you spend the next 10 minutes trying to blow up the five sentries watching the cart

if I wanted to blow up machines all day long I'd play mvm, if you can't aim then don't fucking play a multiplayer shooter. go back to minecraft and roblox and stop shitting up tf2.
>>
>>381645338
>Proper positioning, prioritizing, and awareness/judgement is still needed to play Medic though
Stand behind the guys with guns and use cover, it's not brain surgery. Or maybe it is and that explains all the medics who charge in with the syringe gun while the 4 teammates around him are burning to death.
>>
File: Scout Loadout.jpg (289KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Scout Loadout.jpg
289KB, 1280x720px
>>381612695
I hate having a toaster for a computer.
>>
File: a1.png (7KB, 473x454px) Image search: [Google]
a1.png
7KB, 473x454px
>>381596217
I stopped playing TF2 long ago but I don't play Overwatch either because it's bad.
>>
Is it possible to use steam achievement manager to unlock the achievement-based unlocks without getting punished or banned in any way? I know you can do it for achievements that don't unlock anything and nobody cares.
>>
>>381648030
nobody cares period
>>
File: Untitled.png (237KB, 1497x811px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
237KB, 1497x811px
>>381612695
>>
>>381641071
>having older cosmetics
>a bad thing
>>
>>381644290
That's my TF2 cycle. I started in 2011, stopped in 2012, restarted in 2014, stopped in 2015, started again in 2016, still ongoing.
>>
>>381607458
I met a few hackers in Casual and they basically managed to disable the chat for all the other players, is this a new thing?
>>
>quit because MYM was an unfettered disaster
>come back to test the waters
>now that casul actually functions it's not so bad
this is fun I guess, I want my community servers (besides VSH/trade/deathrun) back but what are you gonna do
>>
File: luckychannelu.png (192KB, 473x488px) Image search: [Google]
luckychannelu.png
192KB, 473x488px
>person joins the server with a post-2000 year at the end of their username

My God I feel so old.
>>
I finally decided to delete Hightower from the server searching.
I love that map but all those "OH MY GOD, DON'T CAP, YOU NOOB" people really killed my soul and ultimately pissed me off.
Don't say "well, cap anyway", because I did it but it isn't fun at all with your team not helping you and the spergs screeching in the chat.
These people are worse than friendly players, if you want a 24/7 deathmatch, just go to a server created for that purpose or on a fucking trade server, don't clog up a regular server with your cancer.
>>
>>381643969
>change to scout
>always run ahead of henry.carter
>get killed by clockwork wannabe or JordanX
>let henry.carter wm1 them while they taunt

This is the best plan I can think of.
>>
>>381649640
God, I hate that shit. A few weeks ago I had a game where no one complained about capping. People weren't trying like their life depended on it, but both teams were kind of going back and forth between fighting the other team and doing the objective. It was a fun game and it was so surreal.

Not to mention the friendlies who complain in chat if you attack them. As if I"m supposed to recognize you because you said "don't attack me i'm friendly" in chat.
>>
File: 1497377062334.jpg (181KB, 1073x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1497377062334.jpg
181KB, 1073x1200px
>>381605378
>Yfw you restarted your stats because some shitty bot servers killstreaks and stuff to do it again
>>
>>381649940
Fuck wrong pic, enjoy it anyway
>>
>>381649914
>That heavy that crouches and launches you a sandwich
God, I hate them so much
>>
>>381596217
>play tf2
>go scout
>run out of spawn
>get headshotted by ambassador spy standing a mile away
>decide to counter him with sniper
>get headshot insta'd again
>uninstall
>>
>>381651484
>new update fixes shit for those casuals
>they won't even play the game anymore
Thread posts: 507
Thread images: 118

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.