[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Axiom Verge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

File: axiom verge.png (207KB, 327x369px) Image search: [Google]
axiom verge.png
207KB, 327x369px
Considering buying this game. It doesn't seem to be very well known,
have you played it?

ITT: Axiom Verge discussion and opinions
>>
Its typical indie shit,tries to copy Metroid but fails.
>>
>>381588930
How does it fail?
>>
>>381588718
Pretty good. Ending is kinda crap, though.
>>
>>381588997
He's just memeing you. It's actually pretty good, but it does get kind of easy towards the end. The powerups are pretty unique and you get a shitton of weapons.
>>
>>381589169
How long playtime would you estimate to complete it?
Also still just 50% after 2 years seems a bit steep, might just be my cheap ass but still
>>
>>381589650
5~10 hours. Maybe a bit more.
>>
>>381588997
It doesn't really have it's own identity.
>>
>>381588718
Not good. The only good indie metoidvanias are:
- La-Mulana
- La-Mulana 2
- Hollow Knight
- Ghost Song
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
>>
>>381591742
>- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
not even out
>>
>>381593062
Neither is Ghost Song.
>>
>>381588718
It's really good, don't listen to nintendo autists.
>>
>>381588718

pretty good metroidvania. solid gameplay, tons of weapons and unique power-ups and a fucking incredible soundtrack.

if you like metroidvanias there is no reason you wouldn't enjoy it.
>>
>>381588718
It's so boring. It's got some nice powerups but the combat is so shallow. Bosses are absolutely garbage and to beat them you have to make the same sequence of actions over and over and OVER again. Crouch => jump => shoot => crouch => jump => shoot... Repeat until dead. This kind of shit was okay on a handheld game in 2004 or in 1994 on a SNES. Not in 2015.
>>
>>381588718
It's okay. The enemies are incredibly aggressive and most of the weapons are kinda pointless. Other than that, it's your standard Metroid-style game.
>>
It's another game that ends up feeling like Diet Metroid.
>>
>>381594030
That sounds kind of sad, the style + music looks comfy, the only thing keeping me from buying is the gameplay/price
>>
>>381588930
>>381591742
>>381594280
Will anything ever come close to metroidvania though?
>>
>>381589650
It doesn't have to have a discount at all.

Stop being so entitled.
>>
>>381591742
3 of those games arent even out yet you dip
>>
>>381588718
Do you like metroidvanias?
if yes play it
>>
>>381591742
Guacamelee
>>
Just play Ori or Hollow Night instead. Scratches that Metroid itch you've got while not being stereotypical retro indie pixel stuff. If you really want that look, just replay Super Metroid.
>>
>>381588718
its pretty decent
the glitch stuff is sweet
i am too old to care about what it copies
>>
>>381596495
Autistic childish trash. I don't take games without a proper serious art direction serious, neither do their developers.
>>
Played it, loved it.
Made entirely by one persone, OST included, and the result is insanely good. Got 20 hours on it because i wanted 100% map and the game is FILLED with secrets, clues etc. leading to hidden rooms to get new weapons or powers.
Go for it!
>>
>>381596097
i'm sorry
>>
>>381596801
Ori is dogshit and not even a metroidvania.
>>
>>381588930
this

while its a decent game the bosses are shit and the fuckton of weapons dont really add anything to the game
>>
>>381588718
It's alright. The soundtrack is breddy gud though. The problem with it is there are no real sequence skips or much detail put into the levels. It mimics a metroidvania in the winding caves and shit but it doesn't have the atmosphere beyond the music. It feels more like its trying to be like actual NES metroid over future installments. It's extremely linear and easily to solve.

I played it once and never picked it up again. I have zero enthusiasm for it. It's not bad.. just forgettable.

Get La-Mulana if you are a veteran of the genre. Like, You are comfortable with dark souls esque bosses and super metroid redesign labyrinth-tier fuckery. It's fucking hard and extremely satisfying to beat.

If not, Guacamelee or Ori and the pretty forest. Both are good. I like Guacamelee more but people praise Ori because it's really really pretty.
>>
It's like Super metroid.

Only it's got garbage enemy and boss design.
>>
>>381588718
Pretty good Metroidvania. Weapons are a bit disappointing because of the large variety that doesn't really unlock much in terms of mobility options
>>
>>381591742
Half of those games aren't even out
>>
Valdis Story is pretty neato, and much better than Axiom Verge
>>
>>381597665
It's not like Super is known for its enemies or boss designs. It's the level design and (unintentional) sequence breaking that sets it apart
>>
>>381591742
>Hollow Knight
im tired of seeing this shilled here
>>
>>381597616
I'm definitely buying ori
>>
It's an extremely good game and feels very similar to metroid
>>
>>381597920
It is good buddy.
>>
>>381597978
Ori is dogshit and not even a metroidvania. Kys subhuman.
>>
It's okay

needed more endings than just one though

not being able to get all weapons in one playthrough was bullshit though because a few special ones are hidden in random locations and you randomly get one of them and not all of them
>>
>>381598265
>Ori is dogshit
How I know I'm on /v/: terrible opinions
>>
Rabi-Ribi is the best game of that genre on Steam.
>>
>>381591742
>- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
nice meme list almost got me here's a (You) for your trouble
>>
>>381588718
I didn't like it very much. La-Mulana is a lot better.
>>
I liked it. Unlocking new guns was fun and the bosses were neat. The writing is pretty meh though but you're not here for the story.

I say buy.
>>
>>381597616
there's definitely sequence breaks
watch a speedrun
>>
>>381598921
To be fair, that are barely comparable. Axiom Verge is literally trying to be a new metroid game while La-Mulana is a ballsdeep hard game with metroidvania elements with more emphasis on puzzles and traps.... fucking traps.
>>
>>381597890
And Axiom is pretty straight forward. Then on top of that you've got some of the worst enemies and bosses I've ever seen in a game.
>>
it's probably the best metroid leaning metroidvania that isn't actually just a metroid game.

bosses are really fucking easy tho.
>>
>>381588718
It' not on sale. Get the "whatever station" one instead.
>>
Good game. Nothing amazing, but a good game. I did not regret buying and playing it to completion.
>>
>>381599132
I have. I remember there was one where they got through a glitch area (powerbomb area) but that's all I really remember. The breaks are no where near the level of Super Metroid though and it's not in the same spirit either. Super metroid was all skill based breaks. Bomb and wall jumping, hell runs etc while Axiom Verge felt like Out-of-bounds glitches and what not.

Super metroid set the bar on Sequence Breaking. I mean fuck, you can literally beat the game's bosses in reverse order with zero glitches.
>>
>>381598452
Die from cancer manchild, go play mario and kirby if you want cute childish dogshit and stop promoting Ori as a metroidvania, it is not, it is a dogshit cutesy platformer.

The biggest cancers that ruined gaming: women, interactive movies (and people who enjoy them) and cutesy/artsy garbage like ori (and people who like them).
>>
>>381598776
The only meme here are you. Recent E3 Bloodstained gameplay showed that it is good. Stay salty you got ripped off by some gook with mighty faggot 9, and now you are jaded as fuck. Trash.
>>
Pretty gud gaem. Weapons are more boring/unbalanced than I'd like, but the exploration was fun and I liked the ways it differed from standard Metroid mechanics.

Boss fights are really shit, though.
>>
>>381599471
im not saying axiom verger comes even close to supers level of breaks but to say it has no breaks whatsoever is just a flat out lie
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.