[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where the fuck is my PoE vs D3 thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

File: Path-of-Exile-Sphere-Grid-Big.png (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Path-of-Exile-Sphere-Grid-Big.png
1MB, 1440x900px
>>
3.0 when
>>
>>381588782

Late July/Early August is the current estimate.
>>
>Played PoE for years now
>tried out Grim Dawn
>mfw it was in many ways better
thread should be grim dawn vs poe, d3 is not even a viable entity anymore, two small companies managed to completely usurp Blizzard's previous domination on an entire genre.
>>
Grim Dawn and PoE are both great
Diablo 3 is console normie tier, most fun with beer and friends, full ham mode
>>
>Path of Exile
Definitely my favorite out of them all, even if they shittily balance everything and there's only ever 1 or 2 good Skills and the Passive Tree has been homogenized to hell and back.
>Diablo 3
Lol, $15 for a Necromancer who can summon like 15 Minions on top of a still trash game.
>Grim Dawn
Pretty good, but awful end-game and everything feels like a wet fart.
>Torchlight 1 and 2
Original is great, 2nd is a weaker version of 1 without mods, both enjoyable, slow early game and fucked drop rates, which is also off-putting.
>Van Helsing
Eh, it's alright.
>Victor Vran
Never played.
>>
>PoE 3.0 and Grim Dawn xpac with necro class both coming in July
fuck
>>
>D3

Normie game, just fun with friends.
>>
>>381588543
The first time i see that skill tree i just have a boner.
>>
d3 is the best
>>
>>381591992
blizzard you are drunk, why are you even posting here, you should be prepping your bull, it's Friday night, your wife's date night should already be starting.
>>
>there will never be a Throne of Darkness sequel

shit sucks
>>
Diablolikes should become third person prove me wrong
>>
>Read Poe as POE-AYE

How do I cure the weeb inside of me?
>>
>>381593184
they are already third person
>>
>>381593184

You mean like Borderlands?
>>
>>381593512
No, they are top down
>>381593613
Does nobody know basic fucking camera angles anymore jesus christ
>>
>>381593723
top-down is a derivative of third-person.
The only requirement for a camera to be third-person is the point of view is from outside the player's body and not inside another character's/cameras/whatever, cause that's 2nd person.
>>
File: Anon is a reddt v retard.png (84KB, 250x256px) Image search: [Google]
Anon is a reddt v retard.png
84KB, 250x256px
>>381593613
>>
>>381593184
There is no game in existence that benefits from a third person camera. First person or GTFO
>>
>>381593723
You are obviously retarded and don't understand perspective
>>
>>381593723

Borderlands can be played third person. Also, the term for the camera angle you're referring to is "over the shoulder."
>>
>>381588543
PoE is fun for the first few hours until you realize the entire tree is passive abilities, and all you need to win every difficulty is one DPS skill and a movement skill.
>>
>>381594113
What about RTS?

check-mate faggot
>>
>>381594294
Thats isometric not third person you nimrod
>>
>PoE is fun for the first few hours until I realize that I'm boring.
>>
>>381594389
isometric is third person you dumbshit
>>
>>381591992
It is. It's the only one that has actually evolved past building around one skill and autopiloting through the game.

>but muh build autism!
>>
>meme arrow into something nobody said
>no quote
Go back to /vg/.
>>
>>381593980
Okay, fair point, I meant more specifically freehand third person where the camera is pointed roughly at the character and can be rotated around this reference point
>>381594113
Melee combat in first person games is worse almost always
>>
All ARPGs are pretty fun when fucking around trying different builds and beating up shit. All ARPGs are shit when you try minmaxing and going hardcore because the cracks really start to show up.
>>
I'm waiting for the day ARPGs stop being glorified slot machines.
>>
>>381594529
Over the shoulder camera is what you're looking for (technically, the camera could be placed at ass-level and tilted up slightly and still be considered over the shoulder.)
>>
>>381594529
A fault of designers not of the camera. Third person is outright cheating in video games. You can see around corners and often times crouch in parascope mode. There is no benefit to having a third person camera for any single character focused game.
>>
>>381594683
Diablolikes are ARPGs but not all ARPGs are diablolikes
>>
>>381594646

Agreed, but this is actually where PoE excels. Because of the way the economy works and the fact that a large number of items are build enabling, you wind up with a situation where progress on any character opens up new build choices for later characters and where the loss of a character isn't thoroughly unpleasant.
>>
i love grimdawn , vanhellsing, victor vran, but my favorite is diablo 3

i fucking hate path of exile
>>
>>381595446
>favorite
Why.
I am genuinely curious why you prefer that fecal heap to Path of Life Nodes.
>>
>>381594743
It's a fault of the camera, your character goes from a fully mobile human to an upright camera stand with glued on arms. In real life where we have a fp camera you have body awareness in the form of touch sensations, which is yet impossible in video games. Plus your character won't get to show off his cool gear to you in first person. Third person issues could be mitigated. Diablo 2 hid monsters behind walls for example, and generally the bemefits outweigh the drawbacks(if we're making a fantasy game and not a sci-fi shooting game)
>>
i like PoE but i'm a fucking casual
the only build i've gotten to maps with is flicker strike and i'm stuck needing currency to craft or buy better gear
i like playing it but i just can't get to endgame since i don't have the money to buy the uniques i would need

how do I farm currency?
>>
>>381595580
>yet impossible in video games
Touch sensation is possible, it's just nobody is willing to go through the hassle of making a cost-efficient peripheral, testing it so as to best simulate touch, make game systems that allow this on every single thing you could possibly touch, and make a game that incorporates the use of this system.
>>
>>381595792
Dried Lake.
>>
File: 1291120400311.png (592KB, 626x683px) Image search: [Google]
1291120400311.png
592KB, 626x683px
>>381588543
Oh wow what a complex skill tree!

>99% of nodes are passive stat boosts
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>381595563
because i find the diablo 3 gameplay the best of any arpg out there, every skill feels great to land, the combination of the sound effect, impact and ragdolls.
and i like collecting items and using the cube of kanai to mess around with builds.
you could say that having big production values helps the game a lot.
>>
poe is one of the ugliest game i've ever played.
>>
>>381595563

Not him, but I used to prefer it as well. The way D3 plays is really fluid. The progression and difficulty scaling are also very intuitive, and the relative lack of skill bloat makes everything feel viable. It just feels really good to play D3.

It took me a while to understand PoE, but the more I did the more I loved it. Learning to make the game feel better to play through proper scaling, and starting to explore the depth of content available are really what made me fall in love. I still had a very rocky start with the game.

>>381595792

There are a lot better builds to start a league with than flicker strike. Farming low levels of currency (i.e. dozens of chaos) will happen naturally just progressing into low level maps, and that will enable you to start going wherever you want.

Dried Lake will not actually be more productive than just learning to map on most builds.

>>381596229

Yeah, Diablo 3 has polish that PoE just doesn't, but I can't recommend PoE to you enough. If you can get over the hump, there's a depth and breadth of content that you will very much appreciate.
>>
>>381596147
>99%
100%.
And that really doesn't make it less complex. Just more underwhelming.
>>
>>381589592
Play Victor Vran my dude.
It doesn't have that great of an endgame but it's fucking solid.
>>
Grim Dawn in Victor Vran's game engine would neat. The verticality was a nice change for this type of game.
>>
>>381595907
We're talking backflips and chopping greater mummies in two with flamberges, not appreciating rock textures, and even the latter is fucking hard

Point is, with the third person character you get a far wider range of motions that I've never seen a fps game provide, which is important in melee-heavy games
>>
File: ZOGGYD.png (246KB, 524x630px) Image search: [Google]
ZOGGYD.png
246KB, 524x630px
>Diablo 3 was more like WoW than Diablo
>Path of Exile is basically Diablo 2 2
not much deliberation is needed, here
>>
>>381596535
victor vran is more of a top view action game.
the good is that you have to actually dodge and jump, i like that there are secrets that you can find walljumping, in general the exploration is pretty good.
the bad is that it lacks A LOT in skill customization. theres little you can do to change the way skills work outside of the legendary weapons, the card system is good but no enough, and after some hours it gets a bit boring.
i finish the game with a friend and we had fun, but i hope that if they release a secuel they improve that.
>>
>>381596386
It's not 100%, at least it wasn't when I played on release. There were some keystone nodes that added non-stat passive abilities.
>>
>>381596851
>Path of Exile is basically Diablo 2 2

Sure, if you take away Diablo's character building and replace it was garbage.
>>
>>381588543
It's in 2012
>>
>>381589815
Grim Dawn is boring though
>>
Van Helsing: Final Cut or Victor Vran? I've been eyeing both of these recently and they both look pretty similar.
>>
>>381588543
>Gameplay
PoE is D2, D3 is D2+WoW
>Graphics
PoE is a massive pile of shit, while D3 is cartoony Blizzard
>Companies
PoE is f2p, and their company only makes money via cosmetic transactions
Blizzard nickel and dimes you at every opprotunity, and are literally Satan

Seems like an easy choice famalam
>>
>>381596358
>There are a lot better builds to start a league with than flicker strike

like what are some good melee builds?
>>
>>381597724
vanhelsing final cut is a lot... A LOT, more deep in customization than victor vran.
victor vrand gameplay is good, but barebones.
i say go vanhelsing, is actually pretty good, the ghost waifu is a qt3.14. and the game dont take itself too serious, is fun.
the only bad thing i can say about it is that there is not a lot of impact in your attacks, and sometimes it feels like if you are hitting the air.
>>
>>381595792

Chaos orb vendor recipe. It's a little time consuming, but may be faster if your clearing time is trash.
>>
>>381588543
poe is great until you reach level 75-80 after that you get punished way too much for not being a cookie cutter build. They fucking need to give more HP in the gear at high level it wastes too much skill point to raise it with passive
>>
>>381588543
>Necromancer is 15 dollars
Hilarious
>>
>>381594389
>>381594430
It's not even isometric because there's depth. It's top-down.
>>
>>381597446
There's no character building in D2. All builds are the same, 95% of the skills are pure garbage. Put enough str and dex to equip gear, everything else in vitality. Some classes boil down to one single spell (CE, hammers, etc), melee classes are garbage and require a stupid amount of gear to do anything contrary to spell based classes

The list of flaws goes on and on and on.
>>
>>381597941

I'm not the best person to ask and there's lots of information out there on the web for you, but I had a real smooth time taking Sunder into yellow maps this past league when I tried out SSFHC and I know Earthquake is a solid standby.

There's information out there to help you out, but gear independence and innate survivability are what you want to start. So for Sunder, a great deal of my damage was coming from Gladiator's bleed explosions which meant I could be successful just slapping on the highest DPS weapon I found and run shields to keep my dumb ass alive.

>>381598310

Ignore him. The Chaos recipe is a micromanagement trap for new players. The more time you spend killing shit instead of fiddling with your inventory for a paltry 1c, the richer you'll be.
>>
>>381596147
What the fuck did they do to the scion starting area, jesus christ
>>
>>381599221

It doesn't matter what they did since ascendancies make Scions almost unplayable.
>>
How do people usually level their Hammerdins in Diablo 2?
>>
File: 1476064648506.jpg (2MB, 3578x2618px) Image search: [Google]
1476064648506.jpg
2MB, 3578x2618px
PoE is incredible and the true heir of the Diablo throne.
>>
Titan's Quest is 4 bucks right now for those who liked Grim Dawn's customization but hated everything past act 1
>>
>>381599651
but i hate act 1 and love everything after that
>>
>>381588543

did they ever fix that stupid fucking desync bullshit?
>>
>>381599952

Yes. Years ago.
>>
>>381599629
if that's true why am i playing Diablo 2 instead?
>>
>>381600147
because you're a faggot
>>
>>381600215
aw
>>
>>381599464
They get rushed by other Hammerdins.
>>
>>381600343
bout to roll one with the slashdiablo ladder reset so everyone's low
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.