[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never got to experience this in its prime. What did I miss out on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: guild_wars.png (2MB, 1024x786px) Image search: [Google]
guild_wars.png
2MB, 1024x786px
I never got to experience this in its prime. What did I miss out on?
>>
Pure joy.
>>
One of my favorite games of all time. Fuck the sequel.
>>
The White Mantle did nothing wrong.
>>
if you have played one MMORPG you had played them all
>>
Best class system I've ever seen for an action MMORPG.
>>
>>381587197
Guild Wars was not standard MMORPG.
>>
>>381586781

DEATH TO ALL CHARRS!

fuck man this game was part of my life, unironically
>>
Is it still worth picking up?
>>
File: KingAdelbern.jpg (251KB, 540x689px) Image search: [Google]
KingAdelbern.jpg
251KB, 540x689px
>>381587656
A loyal citizen of Ascalon, I see.
>>
>>381587893
It's dead, Jim. Meaning that you can't PvP, which was the best part of the game.
>>
File: 1448899302722.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1448899302722.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>381587976

>tfw you will never undo what the charrs did to gwen and the people of ascalon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSw0CyFYV4Q
>>
>>381587405
yeah i told myself that about Silkroad, Lineage 1,2 too

they are all the same
>>
>>381586781
10/10 Game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oFGagjD18o
>>
>>381588249
i've played many mmorpgs and guild wars 1 was indeed novelly different with it's full instancing and combat system.
>>
>>381587175
They worshipped demons tho
>>
https://youtu.be/bKJSC_mteIg
>>
>>381588482
Guild Wars must be the comfiest MMO ever made
>>
>>381588589
Demons that kept the other, bigger demons out. Gotta crack a few eggs to make that omelet.
>>
>>381588749
The lore in the first GW games was pretty fun.
Too bad they ruined the whole universe with GW2.
>>
File: guild-wars_norn.jpg (332KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
guild-wars_norn.jpg
332KB, 1600x1200px
>>381588482

>tfw you will never go to battle with your giant norn warrior goddess who can transform it bears, to defend your homeland

>while this plays https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhkFEe3NJyA

hold me bros, gw2 let a scar in me that could never close ;_;
>>
The time of your life, and waifu heroes
>>
File: header.jpg (29KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
29KB, 460x215px
>>381586781
for me its nightfall, because it was my first game from the series and i love Elona. i was a bit to young to experience it properly and become "pro", but the longer i play GW2 (i am about to quit, not sure if going to buy new expansion), the more i hate it for betraying what first was about
>>
File: 92811891_1d62349e6b_o.jpg (404KB, 862x687px) Image search: [Google]
92811891_1d62349e6b_o.jpg
404KB, 862x687px
Good night, sweet prince
>>
>>381588714
>tfw chilling out in guild hall and chatting while listening to the bgm
jeremy soule is truly one of the greatest
>>
>>381589183

>gets killed by a lvl 12 midget

ffs rurik learn to stack your attributes better
>>
i always wondered, was it better than wow?
The same?

I played 2 but wasn't crazy, buffs only last seconds instead of minutes to hours, combat could have been promising, but isn't consistent.
>>
>>381589374

gw1 and wow were really different, too much to compare them

like the difference between playing a motogp and formula 1 game, both racing games but still so different
>>
>>381586781
I miss just fucking with people in Alliance Battles using Power Block, Rend Enchantments and Blackout.
>>
>>381588249
You clearly haven't played Guild Wars
>>
>>381589129
i stopped playing when they released heart of thorns.

so basically the story was they got the destiny team back to beat the zombie dragon and then something about destiny orphans, where is the story headed now? I know heart of thorns had a lot to do with the plant people?
>>
>>381589643
>gw1 and wow were really different, too much to compare them

I disagree. WoW was the much better game. More polished and just felt better to play. Movement was fluid and the game felt more immersive. PvE was also far better in WoW.

GW1 had a much better combat system though. Each profession could feel drastically different depending upon the build you were using. Wanna be a scythe wielding assassin? Go for it. Wanna use daggers as a Warrior and shadowstep around? No one's stopping you. PvP was also far better in GW1. Very skill based and you could actually make an impact on the bit AB maps if you were a good enough player.
>>
>>381590169
>Plant people become the henchmen of plant dragon
>Plant dragon becomes a fat lizard in final battle, the "battle" takes place in plant dragon's mind btw
>Plant dragon is defeated and plant jesus Treehorn dies (finally)
>New evil dragon minions rise and hunt after bloodstone shard
>Turns out the human god of war Balthazar was behind everything the whole time to gather new magical power from the bloodstone shards
The "story" is stupid and cringeworthy, that's all you need to know.
>>
gw1 should have ended with kormir dying and you becoming a god instead in nightfall
>>
File: Jewremy Soule.jpg (2KB, 126x110px) Image search: [Google]
Jewremy Soule.jpg
2KB, 126x110px
>>381588482
OY VEY STOP PUTTING MY WORK ON YOUTUBE IT'S THE HOLOCAUST ALL OVER AGAIN
>>
>>381590169
ok so basically white mantle rised again. lord beetlejuice or whatever, the one form the second dungeon, was the leader. somehow some guys from white mantle "resurected" Lazarus, the one form the quest in EotN. lord beetlejuice didnt like it and the new destiny edge found out that the lazarus is in fact imposter, because lord beetlesomething influenced the outcome of resurection by replacing one of the aspects with gummy bears or something, yet lazarus is "alive". meanwhile braham aka WE WUZ VIKINGS AND SHIT does some retarded shit, no one cares, seems like devs as well. taimi being marry sue annoying everyone with being perfect etc. the are some dues ex machinas introduced - great inventions made by the fucking ubersmart overgrown rat - to get rid of the elder dragons. meantime there is big reveal.
LAZARUS IS

get it

LAZARUS IS IN FACT BALATAZAR XD

there is one more expac dropping probably in 3-4 weeks and then probably near november-december we will get expac.
>>
>>381591152
Jesus fucking christ when is this fat bitch going to stop pissing on the lore just to push that retarded rat in our faces
>>
>>381591152
This entire post is what it looks like when you try to hard to fit in here.
>>
>>381588249
>Grindroad

LEL
>>
>>381590618

no way fag
>>
File: twinkie house.jpg (23KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
twinkie house.jpg
23KB, 248x248px
>>381586781
Incredible reaction face memes.
>>
>>381589292
Nah his work post-GW pretty much slumped.

A lot of his works sound very samey nowadays.

Hear this bad boy though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxAdOQtAFEs
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.