[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which is better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

File: 635.jpg (423KB, 1066x716px) Image search: [Google]
635.jpg
423KB, 1066x716px
which is better
>>
this threads gonna be a success
>>
File: droning.jpg (267KB, 1153x1249px) Image search: [Google]
droning.jpg
267KB, 1153x1249px
>>
Why is Skyrim so popular? With the exception of this Conjuration/Archery/Stealth build I once did the game was just so boring where if it wasn't for the randomly done slo-mo executions the combat was dreadfully boring.

Was it solely because the game was hyped to hell and back?
>>
>>381586083
Skyrim actually has good combat.
>>
I like both Equally
>>
>>381587021
It's comfy to run around and stumble onto weird shit
>>
>>381587115
Bahahaha
>>
>>381587198
Also boring
>>
>>381587115
Compared to what? Minecraft?
>>
>>381587021
It made a pretty convincing Virtual Fantasy Medieval world. Apparently there is a huge market for that and it has no real competition
>>
>>381587292
Not an argument

>>381587350
Minecraft also has good combat. What's your point?
>>
>>381586083
The Witcher. And I'm a bigger fan of TES than polish lore maymays.

TES is great for openworld spaces and exploration gimmick (and modding ofc), but witcher made their story that much more compelling. That being said, it still pisses me off I can't just go on a random murder rampage. Two different games for different feels. Still gotta do my second playthrough of the witcher, been saving it for a special occasion.
>>
only played skyguy
Skyguy is an incredibly versatile platform for mods and shit, but i don't think that applies for the witcher
>>
>>381586083
Believe it or not, Skyrim is somehow the better RPG of the two. The Witcher might as well be an action adventure game.
>>
>>381587115
These two games are like the champions of shit combat. I'd rather do dice rolls instead of either of them, at least that's interesting in seeing the numbers you need come up. They're both shit.
>>
>>381587556
You clearly haven't played too many videogames. I'll respect your ignorance, it's not your fault.
>>
>>381586083
Skyrim by far.
>>
>>381586083
Skyrim because of mods
>>
>>381587603

can't you though? I only just started playing tw3, do authorities catch you immediately when you attack peasants?
>>
>>381586817
What's all this about? Was it before Witcher 3?
>>
Is this a new level of irony I wasn't aware of?
>>
Having started Witcher 3 last week (currently 40 hours in) and having played skyrim modded for years.
Witcher 3 by far for actual story, character development and immersion as well as better graphics,voice acting and combat.
Witcher 3 has a huge amount of content in terms of missions and side missions, and none of them are stupid "kill dem fooking dragur over here m8" fetch quests.
It actually slightly pains me to say this, but the only reason I play skyrim now is because of the mods and the fact theres still a lot of stuff I havent finished in skyrim because its a glitchy buggy piece of shit that forces me to reinstall every few months
>>
>>381587991
Doesn't Witcher 3 have mods as well?
>>
>>381588367
It does but not that many as skyrim, I think I have about 15 mods on my witcher 3. Made my play through alot more intresting.
But CDred cucked out and didn't release the modkit like they said they were so thats manly why theres not that many mods. Theres also a mod limit I think its 20 or something, if you pass that the game will bug out
>>
>>381589316
Is there at least one that can let you play as Ciri through more of the game? She's so damn powerful.
>>
>>381589601
Yeah I know you can swap models with the AMM mod not sure if that switches over her movelist
>>
>>381589601
Oh shit I lied, apparently you can just switch to her with the debug mod, learn something everyday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmeW0-E2eC8#t=161
>>
File: image.png (144KB, 1024x387px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
144KB, 1024x387px
>>381586083
Why are we even comparing these two? Is it because people are braindead and see medieval fantasy shit with swords and automatically think it's the same thing?

Anyway, I beat Witcher and never played it again. Like most games.
Meanwhile I'm still playing Skyrim because it allows me to be a loli who runs around and collects semen from futanari amazon orcs.
>>
>>381590125
>loli who runs around and collects semen from futanari amazon orcs
Your just joking right? Like making fun of skyrim players..........right?

Anyways damn I didn't even know there was that many witcher 3 players, I'm on my 5th playthrough I thing. feels good
>>
>>381586083
They're not that similar.
>>
>>381590587
>Anyways damn I didn't even know there was that many witcher 3 players
Nah, it's an old screencap. There's only 16k now http://steamcharts.com/app/292030

In comparison Skyrim/SE - a 6 years old game, STILL has more players than it http://steamcharts.com/app/72850 http://steamcharts.com/app/489830

All because of mods that allow you to fuck around with the game.
>>
The Witcher games are a lot more enjoyable than /v/ makes them sound. Skyrim has fun archery but otherwise you're just roaming around and taking thousands of screenshots, but even the landscape in Witcher 3 look nicer.
>>
>>381586083
W3 but only by default. Skyrim is trash like every Bethesda game.
>>
>>381587198
>It's comfy to run around and stumble onto the exact same caves and enemies over and over
fix'd
>>
Geralt is a pretty cool guy. His personality has just the right balance for a player character and even in the short stories he's left open to interpretation.
>>
>>381586083
Decide for yourself, faggot.
>>
>All these fags that don't know the DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>381592909
Back to your cocaine shed, MK.
>>
>>381587021
because its customizeable and you can turn it into whatever game you want, from an h game to a real life hiking sim
>>
>>381586083
Skyrim.

Its a bad RPG but still a better RPG than Witcher 3, which is an interactive storybook.
>>
>>381593227
A shed for cocaine? Where do I sign up?

>>381593462
you can (trans)form your character yeah, but not most of the game mechanics like the combat. The most you can do is get that dodge mod and enemy AI mod. But all those really do is increase the damage they give.
>>
File: 1493498376595.jpg (36KB, 720x611px) Image search: [Google]
1493498376595.jpg
36KB, 720x611px
>>381586083
Shit > Witcher 3 > Skyrim
>>
>>381593756
>The most you can do is get that dodge mod and enemy AI mod. But all those really do is increase the damage they give.
What? Ultimate Combat and Combat Evolved won't buff enemy stats. They just give them the ability to dodge, block more properly, coordinate with other NPCs, add new spells and power attacks etc. Wildcat affects damage output but nobody recommends Wildcat. If you want injury and poise system get Vigor.

And TK dodge isn't viable without Attack Commitment which turns the game into Dark Souls lite. Combat in Skyrim is crappy sure but mods can remedy it quite a bit.
>>
reninder that only people who haven't played w3 call it a movie game or whatever

jesus christ some people act like it's freakin uncharted or life is strange
>>
File: 1496869067967.png (908KB, 1145x873px) Image search: [Google]
1496869067967.png
908KB, 1145x873px
>>
>>381595453

op here

while i only started playing tw3 yesterday and it's great, i can already tell that it's another case of way too much hype and overrating. it's a good game that does what it does very competently, but it doesn't really do anything new. fuck man hype really kills, i would have checked it out much sooner if people learned to shut up about it.
>>
>>381586083
Quality or quantity.. whats more important to you?
>>
btw where are the todd memes

what does he think about tw3
>>
File: 200w (13).gif (1MB, 200x84px) Image search: [Google]
200w (13).gif
1MB, 200x84px
>>381586083
>>
Skyrim has a better sense of progression, mods, and replayability due to different classes, everything else sucks. Witcher 3 has better character writing and the gwent minigame, everything else sucks. Both are bottom of the barrel dogshit. If you really have to pick one for some reason go Skyrim if you prefer gameplay, go Witcher if you prefer writing.
>>
How scalable is the witcher 3 for lower end hardware? Is it optimized?
>>
>>381596673
It's not.
>>
>>381596339
>doesnt really do anything new

Its called Witcher 3 you stupid fuck. There were 2 mother fucking games before it. MAYBE JUST FUCKING MAYBE ITS A FUCKING SEQUEL HENCE NOT FUCKING GOING OVERBOARD TRY TO BE A TRY HARD NEWFAG.

Fucking summer faggots.
>>
>>381596757
which one?
>>
>>381596952
Calm down Ivan.
>>
i have a friend who considers skyrim the holy grail of gaming, and thought the witcher 3 “was ok for an action game“

not sure how you can have this opinion
>>
Witcher is more like a movie where you can watch some good shit and play in between.
>>
>>381586083
Two completely different open world rpgs.

Apples and oranges. They are both fruit.
>>
The Witcher 3 is better because Skyrim models are ugly as shit (mods don't count)
>>
>>381587603
Second that. Witcher is more story driven, but it is a fantastic world to explore. Loved it.
>>
so how do i stop that aborted fetus from turning into a monster? Do I have to kill the wrathes really quickly or something?
I feel like once the mission changes from "turn the baby into a lubberkin" to "murder the rampaging fetus monster", I've failed something and I restart.
>>
>>381603170
you feel like you failed because you did

you kill the wraiths and calm him down with axii when he rages out of control

you can also calm you horse with axii if he's panicked, you should've known this shit by now
>>
>>381604592
I knew to use axii, I just must have missed the cue to use it.
>>
>>381604837
you kill the wraiths and the bloody baron screams at you to do something, i think it even states in the objectives to use axii

you need to do this 2-3 times
>>
Witcher for the story and quests. Skyrim for immersion.
>>
>>381586817
I will never understand fanboys who suck the devs cock this much
>>
>>381586083
I don't know, which game has people actually playing it instead of shitposting about on the Internet?
>>
>>381586083
Playing with dog shit
>>
Skyrim was dog shit since release, Witcher 3 is top tier
>>
>>381605021
hard to feel immersed when your in charge of everything but no one seems to notice
>>
>>381586083
They are different kind of games. If you like exploration, experimenting with different classes and builds in one playthrough, and basically a sandbox game where you do shit then play skyrim. If you like stories and quests that are interesting and can have different outcomes, and if you want people in the world and the world react to your choices then pick the witcher 3.

Combat is a bit shitty in both of them, but combat shouldn't be the main focus of an rpg
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.