[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

nier automata

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 38

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
convince me not to buy this game
>>
>>381583913
It has a crack.
>>
>>381583913
It is 40 bucks
>>
>>381583913
I won't, Taro deserves your money
>>
>>381583913
Why are you asking people to try and stop you from buying a good game?
>>
File: 1497801767139.jpg (394KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497801767139.jpg
394KB, 1920x1080px
>>381583913
The feels are real. You might not be able to handle emotional firepower of that magnitude.
>>
>>381583913
If you still didn't then you probably won't
>>
Depends on what you're looking for.
The gameplay can get pretty repetitive.
The story is great and it tries really hard to do something new. It doesn't always hit the mark, but it does enough to still be a worthwhile experience.
>>
>>381583913
All the ennemies have the same face. All. It gets boring quickly.
>>
>>381583913
>It's trash
>Story is anime-tier yameroo cliche trash complete with inconsistencies and plotholes
>"Platinum" combat is actually very hollow literal buttonmash
>Potions have no cooldown and are trash cheap and the game slows down at critical health, so there's basically a QTE preventing dying. It's more of a cinematic visual novel thanks to this already
>"RPG"-mechanics are non-existent. There's some equippable items and "upgrades" to your weapons and you'll have zero idea about how to find the required materials (you just randomly find them in a chest) and that's the "RPG" part of the game
-Quest system is fucked up, you lose side-quests X if you progress past X point and cannot do them again (until finishing the game)

All in all it's forgettable and mediocre. It's only good if you're a huge 14 year old weeaboo. So if you're not one, get it only when it's under 10$.
>>
it's shit
>>
I want to impregnate 2B
>>
>>381583913
no resolution patch
>>
It's bad it's actually really good
>>
you're not worthy of playing it
>>
File: emil-head.jpg (132KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
emil-head.jpg
132KB, 500x500px
You miss out on some of the strongest moments of the game of you didn't play the first one.
>>
It's a totally unique experience with lot sof interesting gameplay sequences, story bits, and fantastic music.

I didn't care much for the ending, and there's onl 2 truly great boss battles, one being probably one of the best bosses ever made. Play on hard.
>>
>>381584916
This, the amount of people jumping into Automata first is criminal
>>
>>381585296
But the first one sucked donkey dick. Nobody with any self worth would associate themselves with the first one.
>>
>>381584916
>When he's talking to Kaine during the fight.
I choked up.
>>
>>381583913
buy it for this girl>>381584169
>>
It's very mediocre at best.
>>
>>381585580
Let's be real here, most people won't even progress up to that point
>>
File: 1446259685746.png (82KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1446259685746.png
82KB, 800x600px
>>381584527
>>
>>381584527

t. died at the end of the tutorial and refunded the game
>>
File: 1497636434980.png (115KB, 900x560px) Image search: [Google]
1497636434980.png
115KB, 900x560px
If you're an emotional person it will fucking destroy you for a few days after you finish the full playthrough.
>>
>>381585813
Which one of the points was not true then
>>
>>381583913
pirate it and use the money for something else
I do this for every single game and karma hasn't slapped my shit yet
>>
>>381584484
Why would robots have different faces?
>>
>>381585967
I'm not saying that you can't come with an answer in the lore, despite the fact that one could say different model different face. I'm just saying that it's boring.
>>
File: 1497999089978.png (474KB, 835x1039px) Image search: [Google]
1497999089978.png
474KB, 835x1039px
>>381585862
I forced my self to get emotional for this crap game

Actually I got spoiled a little bit
>>
Just started route c, where do I get A2's wig?
>>
>>381585865
>It's trash
It really isn't.
>Story is anime-tier yameroo cliche trash complete with inconsistencies and plotholes
Go ahead and name them, then?
>"Platinum" combat is actually very hollow literal buttonmash
It's not as deep as something like Devil May Cry, but it's some solid gameplay that fits the game perfectly.
>Potions have no cooldown and are trash cheap and the game slows down at critical health, so there's basically a QTE preventing dying. It's more of a cinematic visual novel thanks to this already
Play it on Hard and you won't always have a chance to use a potion. Especially if you fuck with the boar.
>"RPG"-mechanics are non-existent. There's some equipable items and "upgrades" to your weapons and you'll have zero idea about how to find the required materials (you just randomly find them in a chest) and that's the "RPG" part of the game
I feel as though you never figured out how to use a chip so I feel your opinion on this particular matter should be disregarded.
>Quest system is fucked up, you lose side-quests X if you progress past X point and cannot do them again (until finishing the game)
It happens in quite a few games, and maybe you shouldn't complain about not being able to do the sidequests unless you're actually going to do them?
>>
>>381586864
after finishing it
>>
>>381584527
do you know what the fuck is anime?
>>
File: 1484469544114.jpg (90KB, 778x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1484469544114.jpg
90KB, 778x1100px
>>381587054
Damn.
>>
>>381587024
Go ahead and name them, then?
Let's start with the entire story centering around an edgy shota-boy.

>Play it on Hard and you won't always have a chance to use a potion. Especially if you fuck with the boar.

>Play it on hard to play a platinum game where an enemy randomly kills you with one hit and you have to experience the at least 1 minute of loading and walking back to where you were
Boy what a great mode and idea!

>I feel as though you never figured out how to use a chip
I mentioned "equippable items", retard. And all they do is either twist your damage or hp numbers, or give basic action game abilities that should've been there from the start. Hoorray

>maybe you shouldn't complain about not being able to do the sidequests unless you're actually going to do them?

Haha what the fuck. So deciding that "i'll do that sidequest later" and finishing a main quest first is not an option that someone might take? Ok senpai.
>>
File: best.jpg (657KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
657KB, 1920x1920px
>>381587440
ikr
>>
>>381587597
>Let's start
Don't start, fucktard. You said about inconsistencies and plotholes. Name them.
>>
File: 1497998229548.jpg (453KB, 2500x1750px) Image search: [Google]
1497998229548.jpg
453KB, 2500x1750px
why these artists only care about this shitty couple. why am i always getting baited into these shitty games that has cute waifus on it? just to discover that 9shit was the mainshit and it has the most annoying couple?

>>381587671
>>381587440
YOU ARE SAMEFAGGING AND YOU ONLY LOVE 2B
>>
File: nah.png (25KB, 1343x157px) Image search: [Google]
nah.png
25KB, 1343x157px
>>381588439
nope
>>
File: just a couple of phat ass yorha.png (509KB, 812x358px) Image search: [Google]
just a couple of phat ass yorha.png
509KB, 812x358px
>>381588439
2B and A2 are both lovely and deserve appreciation.
>>
>>381587597
There's not a lot of side quest and all of them are meaningful there's actually less than 30 side quest, how fucking retarded are you?
>>
File: 1459630226911.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1459630226911.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
>>381588439
>create some of the best vidya couples
>wow how dare you to like them
>>
why would I do that. it's a decent game in a year of shit games. is it the best fucking game of all time? no dude but its fun and the story is cool. not to mention thighs and butts
>>
It plays alright but is shallow.

Have to play through the game several times for the story to make any semblance of sense. If you're not some autistic fucker who plays through the game over and over don't even both and just buy a decent beat-em up instead.
>>
>>381588901
wow get

fucking lost
>>
>>381585501
unless they remake Nier and rebalance it to take out all the grinding shit I'm not going back and playing it and I don't expect anybody else to play it.
>>
>>381587597
>Let's start with the entire story centering around an edgy shota-boy.
I'm pretty sure the story involved a lot more than just an edgy shota, like questioning one's existence and the sort. And where are these plotholes and inconsistencies you were speaking of?
>Play it on hard to play a platinum game where an enemy randomly kills you with one hit and you have to experience the at least 1 minute of loading and walking back to where you were
Maybe git gud? Fuck man is there no pleasing you? Why complain about how easy it is and then whine when told to go to a higher difficulty?
>I mentioned "equippable items", retard. And all they do is either twist your damage or hp numbers, or give basic action game abilities that should've been there from the start. Hoorray
Or increase your movement speed. Or increase your dodge distance. Or slow time when performing a perfect dodge. Or give invulnerability after being hit. Or raise your damage when low on health. Or burn enemies when you hack them. Or add a shockwave on each attack. Or heal you on killing an enemy. Or heal you when not being attacked. Or heal you when attacking. Or give you a small chance to revive. Or cause an explosion when hitting projectiles. Yeah but I guess that's "all they do" and it's not really much. I certainly feel like all of those are basic abilities.
>Haha what the fuck. So deciding that "i'll do that sidequest later" and finishing a main quest first is not an option that someone might take? Ok senpai.
Only problem I had the entire game with that was during A2's route in regards to Pascal's village. Aside from that, I got more than enough time to do the sidequests, and any one I might have missed could easily be achieved by using chapter select that you unlock later in the game.
>>
>>381583913
its shit
>>
>>381587828
It's been months after I played so I barely remember anything about this but from the top of my head

The biggest one is "the robots never learn! they just imitate humans!", yet they are able to have original new discussions, build a small town and all kinds of items and even a kingdom.
All in all stuff just 'happens' with no explanation a lot.

The machines suddenly spawn Adam & Eve from a light orb... how/why?
The 'perfect being' AI displays himself as a small girl. Why?
2B, a loyal and determined character who's serious about the mission, yet wears a short skirt (and is embarrassed by it when trying to look). Why?
9S is able to store consciousnesses to other things (like even the enemy machines) yet doesn't do it when 2B is about to die and the situation is dangerous. Why?
2B kills 9S by choking... how/why?
Some stuff about war is taken seriously; like 'camouflaging' the transit machines as vending machines, while the entire army consists of big-assed women androids in sexy outfits.

No need to explain 2B's clothing; Yoko Taro already explained it by "i just really like women! XD", so can we assume that he's canonically part of the game universe? How on earth does that work?

The writing is literally hack's work at best. Ugh I'm actually kind of annoyed that I've forgotten so much about the story and what was wrong with it but whatever, why would I waste time arguing with idiots on the internet about their manchild video-game product that's targeted at preteens with underdeveloped storytelling standards?
>>
File: 1459630881701.gif (1MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1459630881701.gif
1MB, 360x202px
>>381589089
>he's this triggered about hetero couple
Get your fat mangina back to /u/.
>>
>>381589268
>All in all stuff just 'happens' with no explanation a lot.
You're one of those, I play a game with a story, but fuck paying attention I'll just hit shit.
Also Taro is a fucking writer maybe you should read the side material and his plays. He spent his entire budget making the game within limitations.
>>
File: 1423804138540.jpg (44KB, 300x302px) Image search: [Google]
1423804138540.jpg
44KB, 300x302px
>>381589441
Your post is obnoxious.

you serious just lumped /u/ there for the buzzkill right?
>>
>>381583913
It's free.
>>
>>381589268
>>381589687
Also you're one of those cunts that can't be told a fairy tale without asking why did the giant have to chase Jack. You're an autistic cunt that lacks awareness. Good job faggot.
>>
>>381589094
>I'm pretty sure the story involved a lot more than just an edgy shota, like questioning one's existence and the sort. And where are these plotholes and inconsistencies you were speaking of?

We, humans, are in the same situation as 9S is at the end of the game when he "goes nuts". No-one has created us for a certain purpose (or at least we don't know about it) and ultimately no-one knows anything about why/how we exist. What we do to not go insane is entertain ourselves and come up with our own goals. It's by all means natural. Now, how does 9S's rampage "waaaa i don't have a reason to live anymore waaa everything was a lie" at the end of the game make sense to you? How can you possibly relate with something so idiotic? Especially when as highly intelligent androids/machines they should've naturally talked about this stuff. They're basically human 2.0.
>>
>>381589687

>Also Taro is a fucking writer maybe you should read the side material and his plays.

You shouldn't have to read side material to understand the story, thats a sign of a poor writer.
>>
>>381589268

The machines suddenly spawn Adam & Eve from a light orb... how/why?
They are imitating childbirth, just like how the robots were imitating sex just before
The 'perfect being' AI displays himself as a small girl. Why?
Jap game gotta have a loli somewhere
2B, a loyal and determined character who's serious about the mission, yet wears a short skirt (and is embarrassed by it when trying to look). Why?
E units look seductive, all of them are dressed in skirts
9S is able to store consciousnesses to other things (like even the enemy machines) yet doesn't do it when 2B is about to die and the situation is dangerous. Why?
Don't quite understand this one
2B kills 9S by choking... how/why?
Makes it more tragic, also spoilers anon!!!
>>
>>381589687

>Also Taro is a fucking writer maybe you should read the side material and his plays. He spent his entire budget making the game within limitations

What a dumb excuse, why do I need to watch some chintzy high school level production quality stage play in order to understand some aspects of the story.
>>
>>381588748
2b has way more love and appreciation

as a slut
>>
>>381590014
>puts his entire livelihood into game
>he is fully aware it won't meet his creative vision
>creates side material to continue story on for fans
>this is a bad thing
Nah go fuck yourself cunt.
>>
>>381589687
>maybe you should read the side material

Hey, I was talking about the "NieR Automata" game.
And if we go to side material, shit becomes even more pathetic.
Let's quote:

>"Do androids, as well as Adam and Eve, have reproductive organs? Do they use them? They do not have them right after their ‘birth’. Since reproductive organs were hidden in most of the information from humans, they failed to copy those organs. However, during their learning process, they may gain body parts that serve as reproductive organs. Since they can copy anything, they can create semen, change their sex, and even mimic pregnancy to a certain extent, but since they cannot become truly organic lifeforms, they will not be able to undergo insemination or mitosis. They can only create very convincing imitations of the real thing using other materials."

So yeah.
>Since reproductive organs were hidden in most of the information from humans
This is ladies and gentlemen why NieR automata's androids couldn't replicate human reproductive organs.
>>
>>381590164
You don't have to watch shit when you can read you fucking lazy shit. Willing to write and read shitposting all day, why can't you fucking read a script you dipshit.
>>
File: dumbass eating horse shit.gif (2MB, 540x652px) Image search: [Google]
dumbass eating horse shit.gif
2MB, 540x652px
>>381584527
>>
>>381590242
>Hey, I was talking about the "NieR Automata" game.
>The developer puts his entire budget into game
>game does not meet his artistic vision fully
>he understands this and so goes out of his way to continue the story in writing for people to enjoy
>this is a bad thing suddenly

Again you can go fuck yourself cunt.
>>
>>381590337

Right, because the first thing I want to do after finishing a game with a shit story is to read more about it.

But please, get more butt-hurt about your shitty weeb game.
>>
>>381589268
>The biggest one is "the robots never learn! they just imitate humans!", yet they are able to have original new discussions, build a small town and all kinds of items and even a kingdom.
The game directly states why N2 was creating those communities, good job completely missing it.
>The machines suddenly spawn Adam & Eve from a light orb... how/why?
Maybe you should use your eyes next time to see that there's a shitload of dead androids before the arena.
Machines were trying to give a birth to the most humanlike creatures they could by using androids as a reference because they love humans.
>The 'perfect being' AI displays himself as a small girl. Why?
Manah throwback.
>2B, a loyal and determined character who's serious about the mission, yet wears a short skirt (and is embarrassed by it when trying to look). Why?
Because YoRHa is a propaganda squad and they all should look as good as they can.
>9S is able to store consciousnesses to other things (like even the enemy machines) yet doesn't do it when 2B is about to die and the situation is dangerous. Why?
Because it was a gamble with a high risk of red eye infection or data corruption.
>2B kills 9S by choking... how/why?
She crushes his neck.
And she kills him in the most sexual way because she loves him and wants to be together with him.
Side materials also state that he enjoyed it.
>while the entire army consists of big-assed women androids in sexy outfits.
YoRHa is just one small bunker with 100 soldiers, moron.
Real military force is Resistance.
>The writing is literally hack's work at best.
No, it's just you being utterly incapable of actually using your eyes and brain.
>>
File: 1494719688718.png (1MB, 1438x1030px) Image search: [Google]
1494719688718.png
1MB, 1438x1030px
>>381590058
>The machines suddenly spawn Adam & Eve from a light orb... how/why?
Bible
>The 'perfect being' AI displays himself as a small girl. Why?
Yonah
>2B, a loyal and determined character who's serious about the mission, yet wears a short skirt (and is embarrassed by it when trying to look). Why?
Marketing. Also it's a breath of fresh air after all western sterile games. French maid outfit will be always sexy, stylish.
>E units look seductive, all of them are dressed in skirts
Alll Yorha women units are quite sexy.
>9S is able to store consciousnesses to other things (like even the enemy machines) yet doesn't do it when 2B is about to die and the situation is dangerous. Why?
He fell off the cliff or smth. Where he would put his memories? Maybe he put them in his sword.
>2B kills 9S by choking... how/why?
Yeah, that's one a plothole I can agree with. More emotional though.
>>
>>381589268
>robots never learn
They really don't, none of the machines have any free will, it's just the network branching out and trying to find new evolutionary paths. If the network stayed on Earth, Pascal's village situation would have repeated indefinitely.

Also most of that shit is EXTREMELY nitpicky, you would be physically unable to enjoy any form of media if you went in thinking like this. You realize that a novel, movie, etc. that focuses too much on detail usually gets bogged down in excessiveness right? Detail is important, but telling a coherent story is more important.

>ugh
Fuck off tumblrcunt
>>
you'd have to be a really tryhard contrarian to hate this beautiful game
>>
>>381590058
>They are imitating childbirth
Shouldn't they have given birth to a baby then, not a fully grown man?

>Jap game gotta have a loli somewhere
Yeah of course.

E units look seductive, all of them are dressed in skirts
Why? They themselves said that androids cannot have children, so why would they have sexual drive and why would the be seduced?
>>
>>381590214

Don't resort to name calling because Taro can't write a story that is unable to stand on it's own merit and doesn't need to rely on exposition pieces to provide coherency.

Side material should be auxiliary to the core story not critical to understand it.
>>
>>381583913

>DUDE ANIME BUTT LMAO

so fucking stupid how a game gets so popular just because of thirsty virgins jacking off to it
>>
this is the only game i enjoyed since new vegas release
>>
File: YoRHa_Commander.png (227KB, 310x566px) Image search: [Google]
YoRHa_Commander.png
227KB, 310x566px
>>381590794

It's as if sex sells or something.
>>
>>381590717
Except the story is able to be understood just fine, I didn't even know about the side material 2 months after beating it.
>>
>>381590646
>so why would they have sexual drive
because they are imitating humans
redhead E directly states that she was forced to kill lovers, they need to look as good as possible for the job
not to mention that yorha is a propaganda squad to begin with
>>
>>381590717

You are a complete moron.
>>
File: IMG_-cd67pl.jpg (47KB, 492x492px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_-cd67pl.jpg
47KB, 492x492px
>>381589973
You come up with your own goals in order to move on from nihilistic depression if you're lucky and not fucked up.

9S is literally programmed into being permaspooked by humanity such that he can't move on. He's literally forced into cognitive dissonance that he's only able to overcome when in death and a 4th wall break.

>>381590717
No shit, I agree, but Tell that to Squeenix and their budget. The story can be understood just fine, it fails in alot of ways, but not to the sheer extent you say it does.
>>
>>381590621
>you would be physically unable to enjoy any form of media if you went in thinking like this

Nope, not like this at all. Enjoyed Bayonetta 2 and DOOM massively, for example.
>>
>>381590882

If the story was fine, I should be able to understand it on the first play through, not after a dozen more.

The story is by far the weakest part of the game
>>
>>381590895
How does "imitating" evolutionary sexual drive for no reason exactly work?
>>
>>381590717
real talk you would understand the game more if you actually played the first
>square wanted to turn automata into final fantasy failing to notice no one played the first game and the prequels that lead up to the events of the first game.
>and so the majority of sales will never understand the story or it's actual references.
I'm happy for Taro, but he doesn't fuck around with his depth, I'm sorry you're new and lack context, but truth is you won't understand the meaning behind a lot of shit, because you aren't the fan he was catering to. You didn't play his other games and therefore you're going to miss a lot of shit that's subtext.
>>
>>381589973
>We, humans, are in the same situation as 9S is at the end of the game
we have culture and society prividing us with a myriad of meanings
androids have none
on top of that 9S' love dies alongside all his friends from the Bunker, he turns out to be the thing he despises the most and on top of that he gets fucked with a logic virus
>>
File: 1490426255456.jpg (152KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1490426255456.jpg
152KB, 849x1200px
>>381591047
I kinda like, that game doesn't hold your hand and you have to do some research.
>>
>>381591047
>it's the you have to replay the game a bazillion times meme again

The game is a linear path story wise. The game ends once you get Ending E, and that is done naturally, not by doing any branching path or whatever. You'd think shitposters would actually do a bit of research about the games they shit on. I kinda wish that Taro did away with the ending meme with this one, because there's only one true Ending, unlike in Drakengard or Nier where the story makes sense wherever you stop.
>>
>>381591217
Pretty sure the game showed us (resistance camp, pascal's village) that androids and machines are able to create and maintain societies and culture.
>>
>>381591121
the same way they can imitate sleeping, digestion and other things even though they don't need it
it just works because they already were created extremely humanlike all those thousands of years ago and only want to become closer to their masters
>>
File: NieR-Automata_09-15-16_004.jpg (56KB, 481x640px) Image search: [Google]
NieR-Automata_09-15-16_004.jpg
56KB, 481x640px
>>381591121
They just love humans and want to be humanlike as much as possible. Even Adam adored humans. What was machine beef with Aliens though? Were they that barbarious and uncultural compared to humans? Sad, that Taro doesn't expand this alien stuff.
>>
>>381591405
>create and maintain society and culture
They emulate it, they don't understand it, therefore if it fails they just retry again with the same material they stated this is how the machines work numerous times including N confirming it. You have to understand on the timeline humans were already extinct for over 1500 years and despite the best attempts by androids to hold together what was left of humans, constant war and 5000 years isn't going to make anything hold together. It's surprising that Adam and Eve even find physical context relating to the bible to begin with and it's not surprising they would assume shit, because there isn't any context for what is being examined.
>>
>>381591405
pascal's village is literally an evolutionary branch of N2 created only to be destroyed
resistance camp is merely a hub for resistance forces with Anemone watching over them
>>
File: best boy.jpg (56KB, 457x640px) Image search: [Google]
best boy.jpg
56KB, 457x640px
>>381591121
Reminder that while 2B and 9S fucked off after ending E to go screw each other silly for 500 years, this badass sunuva bitch remade his peaceful machine faction and made a treaty between android and machine ushering in a new era of harmony. All hail robot Jesus and the second coming of Beepy.

I hope if there is a sequel that's way in the future he's treated as some mythical being.
>>
>>381591853

>Eve is voiced by Noctis

sounds better too
>>
>>381591853
Aliens were literally braindead. They had no values, no culture, no emotions, no drive. Machines got a taste of human culture and were so intoxicated by it they turned against their creators.
>>
>>381591976
It actually ain't directly stated that he survived, just his faction.
But the rest is a headcanon territory. For all we know 2B/9S/A2 could help him maintain peace by protecting his peaceful community and making it better.
>>
File: no snacks.gif (596KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
no snacks.gif
596KB, 250x249px
>>381591976

>Beepy
>>
>>381591883
>They emulate it, they don't understand it
What the fuck does this mean? Do you even know what you're talking about?
They are able to come up with NEW DISCUSSIONS and adapting to new situations, thus proving they're intelligently capable of learning and evolving. At that point the things they do have meaning and they should be able to fix whatever is not working and causes these societies to fail. The androids even give quests in the game for fuck's sake, showing us that they have needs and own goals.

You don't even understand this plothole probably because you're on the same level of stupidness as Taro, i'm sorry.
>>
>>381583913
The story is full of holes that may or may not be explained by japanese fucking concerts and stage plays
The areas are all dull and drab as fuck, repetitive and often revisited
The game recycles boatloads of content
The combat is mediocre at best and the enemy variety is laughable
The quest design is 95% fetch quests
The graphics are PS2 tier
The story feels meaningless (which is one of its major themes so hurray I guess)
The characters feel underdeveloped at best and the story lacks any sort of cohesion in its first half.
>>
File: 1498216773691.gif (1MB, 400x170px) Image search: [Google]
1498216773691.gif
1MB, 400x170px
>>381591976
>screw each other silly for 500 years,
What happened after? They died? I hoped they would live for another million years (you know, cold fusion reactors are quite powerful)
>>
>Aliens invaded on July 4th

Truly that was our Independence Day.
>>
File: 1493938375676.png (148KB, 371x353px) Image search: [Google]
1493938375676.png
148KB, 371x353px
Where can I buy some good nier automata goodies ?
I really loved the game!
>>
File: 1498221456289.jpg (135KB, 1024x759px) Image search: [Google]
1498221456289.jpg
135KB, 1024x759px
>>381592464
>5kk budget.
And yet people love it and are willing to overlook all the flaws.
>>
>>381583913
I'm gay.
>>
File: theme.jpg (24KB, 635x475px) Image search: [Google]
theme.jpg
24KB, 635x475px
>>381583913
Combat gets really fucking boring an hour in when you realize there's almost no combos at all. Not to mention backtracking.
>>
>>381592335
You need to go back and replay the portions of the forest kingdom.

Don't go full retard either, learn about the game before you shitpost.
>>
>>381592546
It's simply unknown as timeline only goes for 500 years into future.
But it's probably left for headcanons. I mean, Nier and Kaine lived for more than a 1000 according to a gap between Lost World, Space War and words of Emil about them dying 280 years prior to it.
>>
>>381592698
>there are lots of weebs

Yeah no surprise there. I've yet to meet a person with at least SOME standards about entertainment who likes Automata, though. :-)
>>
>>381592854
Actually there's a lot of combos, but game doesn't force you to use them at all.
>>
>>381592905
I wouldn't call myself a weeb, but I liked this game. It's like visiting another country and appreciate their culture.
>>
>>381593157
israel killed 4chan and weebs
>>
>>381592937
there's honestly like 3 or 4 in total, trust me, its the same with every weapon. Even IF weapons give you a different attack, its still the same. There's nothing really to learn, just turns into the same combat again and again.
>>
File: 1498141797797.jpg (200KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498141797797.jpg
200KB, 1920x1080px
what a stupid thread
>>
>>381592698
>muh budget
I don't fucking care about the budget of the game I'm playing. A game being built from the ground up by a lonely slav in a ditch somewhere in my eyes deserves no more slack than a AAA multi million dollar release.

Having a small budget doesn't somehow make the games flaws not exist or somehow make them better.

>And yet people love it and are willing to overlook all the flaws.
Some people love Big Rigs and Vampire Rain too.
>>
>>381593328

You're wrong.
>>
File: 1460032290840.jpg (12KB, 413x165px) Image search: [Google]
1460032290840.jpg
12KB, 413x165px
>>381593351
>those two will probably fuck right after concert ending when he finishes fixing up her hands
>>
File: automata-timeline.png (331KB, 1572x1686px) Image search: [Google]
automata-timeline.png
331KB, 1572x1686px
>>381592149
I don't know if it's worded better in nipponese but it seems like they kept it vague on whether he survived or not. Doesn't change the fact that he's the best character in the game.
>>
File: 1497173559325.jpg (323KB, 1200x1735px) Image search: [Google]
1497173559325.jpg
323KB, 1200x1735px
>>381591581
>>381591883

This. They spend all game emulating spooks that fail to sufficiently innoculate them against life

>Pascal not being able to handle loss
>Kierkegaard turning religion into a suicidal death cult
>Imm. Kant eventually leading a blind monarchy
>Simone following after real life Simone's idea of a misguided woman who places all her meaning in her appeal to men.
>Jean Paul Satre is a huge prick who is so far up his own existential ass that he can't relate and empathise with other people.

With all these things leading to some form of conflict or resentment, they imitate humanity's worst aspects.

I'm paraphrasing another anon here, and I actually agree with many parts of the story falling short, and the stuff I listed above can easily fly over your head the first time you play it before getting ending E, but all these things converge at the ending.

Where we as players have the choice, as actual humans, to decide NOT to do this stupid tribalistic shit for brainlets, and come together and help each other beat the game.

I deleted my save so that people might not appreciate such things can finish the game. The game basically tells you that people are going to be shitposting and not get it anyways. It's unironically one of the most legitmately humanistic and progressive things I've seen a game do.

>>381592905
There's a difference between having standards, and being a total faggot who spergs out harder, over people enjoying something, than 99% of weebs do when you insult their waifu.

I KNOW the flaws are there, I don't give a flying fuck because I enjoyed it otherwise.
>>
File: 1496778448090.png (243KB, 567x666px) Image search: [Google]
1496778448090.png
243KB, 567x666px
>>381593465
>4u
Game is critically acclaimed. Despite all the flaws, I liked it, but I had to expectations coming to this game. Music was one of the main reasons, why I liked it so much though.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ1DVqk4zLY
>>
>>381594206

I didn't do it because the skirt was hotter desu senpai. ZT > all.

>>381593465

>not enjoying Stalker despite its bugs
>not enjoying Deus Ex despite its clunk
>not enjoying Morrowind despite its Clunk
>not enjoying Thief despite its old graphics

You need to spend more time liking the things you like than hating shit bruh.
>>
Funny, people are still talking about this game.
>>
>>381594919
It's funny how a lot of the more bonafide discussion threads quieted down a bit, and shitposting keeps bringing discussion back up.
>>
>>381594326
I love the music too but the game itself was so lacking in almost every single aspect that I well and truly regret my purchase of it at full price.
>>381594560
I've never played any of those games.
My favorite game is Bloodborne and even that game is chock full of downright abhorrent flaws. Despite those flaws its still my favorite.

In the case of Automata it just didn't have anything to counter its flaws.
>>
Degenerate weeb trash
>>
>>381595341
>I've never played any of those games.
showing this degree of awful taste should be illegal
>>
File: Screenshot_20170528-053257.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170528-053257.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>381595341
>My favorite game is Bloodborne
>>
>>381595487

>playing meme /v/ games is good taste

lmao
>>
>>381594919
it's funny how many fujos attracted by this shit game they even make a hetero porn from that! kill yourselves
>>
>>381595341
>In the case of Automata it just didn't have anything to counter its flaws.

Then I completely disagree. I was hitting flaws left and right but didn't care. Ending E wiped them all off the floor, put them in a bucket, and took them out of the building.

>>381595637
I mentioned those games not because they're good, but because they're good with flaws, and your ability to savor what's good in them, instead of get hung up on the flaws, is what is important, because at least IMO the good parts outshine the bad.
>>
File: 1491928795590.jpg (151KB, 1852x820px) Image search: [Google]
1491928795590.jpg
151KB, 1852x820px
>>381595341
I pirated it, will buy it when it's 15$
>>
>>381595676
>fujos
>hetero porn
pick one
>>
>>381584063
I'll say
>>
>>381595487
My taste can't be awful when I have no opinion on those games.
Maybe I'll play them someday, maybe not.
>>381595632
Yes, and?
>>381595980
I got it for PS4 and I don't really pirate. I was super excited for it too but for me the game just completely peaked in 3 hours in the amusement park. Nothing after that came to the same heights as the opera singer.
>>381595973
Ending E is fine thematically but I just... don't care. I was expecting some mindblowing finale for our characters but instead I got a pod doing a similar internet-browser-tier flash game that I had been doing for the past 20 hours, while the game broke the 4th wall for some reason.
I understand the ending but I just don't get all the fuss about it. Provide commentary on interactive mediums and how they can make us feel things all you fucking want, but at least tell a story too. Ending E just came out of nowhere for me and I didn't feel any kind of impact from it.
>>
OP, do yourself a favor and buy a better platinum game. Bayonetta is their magnum opus, but they've released plenty of other good ones as well, namely metal gear rising
>>
>>381596142
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62778898

These subhumans are evolving
>>
>>381596582

How underage are you?
>>
>>381596582
If you couldn't get anything out of it thats fine anon, but coming around to threads full of people that did in fact do so, even while they admit that the game has flaws, is nothing short of ridiculous.

If this were a Deus Ex thread, you'd get UNATCO'd out of the thread, and for good reason
>>
It is a good game but the developer open hates white people, so if your white and own a pc, you should just pirate it.
>>
>>381596582

Nobody cares that you can't appreciate art.
>>
>>381597140
Anon, if you want to shitpost at least put some effort into it. This is just lazy.
>>381597271
>If you couldn't get anything out of it thats fine anon, but coming around to threads full of people that did in fact do so, even while they admit that the game has flaws, is nothing short of ridiculous.
Did you not read the OP? This whole thread is about peoples gripes with the game. I don't go into legitimate Nier threads and shitpost all day, I've started my own or contributed to threads like this with my own thoughts.
/v/ being one of the only places where critical discussion of games is even possible, I don't think that blindly waving everything away as shitposting is very wise - not saying you're doing that, but I didn't come here to piss off the fans of the game.

Because hey, at the end of the day, who the fuck cares about my opinion anywya
>>
>>381584164
In what meaningful way has he contributed to the medium? Deleting saves, stories changing on replay, and gigantic asses have all been done before Taro. All he does is wear a silly mask.
>>
>>381585296
Very criminal. Especially when they jump to automata while disparaging the first NieR.
>>
>>381597731

Not shitposting, how haven't you played any if those games, andhave Bloodborneas your favorite?

There's no Other explanation.
>>
>>381584916

This. Nier is a better game in my opinion.
>>
>>381583913
I can't. It's like every other Taro game ever, but at least the gameplay is somewhat decent this time around.
Play it if you have never played a Taro game before, bu skip it if it isn't your first Taro game.

Only Tarotards play every game and bother reading sidematerial shit so the plot makes 'sense'.
>>
I fucking hate weekend /v/.
>>
>>381592335
It was literally stated ingame that they just imitate the societies humans formed and they fail every single time at the same point as the humans from where they took the idea and don't try anything they thought of themselves
>>
>>381592335
Shhh, no more thinking. Let's emulate making grownup babies,anon.
>>
>>381597992
I see all these people going round telling others "Na you don't need to play NieR just watch a Youtube summary" when they didn't even play the game themselves pisses me off
>>
>>381597070
>posts a simple doujin
>somehow fujos are involved
Are you sure you understand the meaning of this term you dipshit?
>>
>>381598774
I don't see that after the game came out, only before.

And I ended up watching Bunnyhop's Nier video and spoiling myself months ago, and now I want nothing more than memory bleach
>>
>>381598015
Im 20
I don't play on PC and I'm not big into stealth games. Whoopdiedoo.
Bloodborne even with all its flaws is my favorite. I wouldn't rate it higher than 8.5 anyway

Act all high horsy and snobby all you want, it just makes you look like a jaded stereotypical /v/ sperg who is unable to understand how everyone hasn't played the hundred or so meme elite games that this board always throws around.
>>
>>381599338
It's a fujo artist, my point was fujoshits started to make heteros like this one. Just look at her other works. Can even fucking read you fucking STARTED THIS SHIT

and they got the female proportion shit
>>
>>381599468
To be honest Bunnyhop's video is terrible and seems like a quick cash in considering the amount of people who haven't played NieR but have played Automata. There's still a lot to the first game he didn't cover
>>
Kill yourselves 9sfags
>>
>>381596223
Underrated post.
>>
>>381599867
okay good

I'm gonna hope that I'll forget most of the spoilers I've recieved lurking these threads by the time the rerelease (maybe) comes out.
>>
>>381594919
Why shouldn't people talk about it if it's interesting?
>>
>>381594919
That's not new, I'm pretty sure there were threads discussing the first game for a year.
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.