[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some smaller or Indie studios you legitimately want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Moon.jpg (22KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Moon.jpg
22KB, 1000x563px
What are some smaller or Indie studios you legitimately want to see make a AAA game?
>>
obsidian
>>
A better question would be how in the fuck are new companies supposed to get anywhere in this day and age?
>>
>>381577790
Either coast in the indie scene off of kickstarter or get gobbled up by a bigger company and then fucked over
>>
>>381577746
>>381577865
you spoilered a part of your post without there being any actual spoilers
>>
File: A Hero Appears.webm (2MB, 1156x650px) Image search: [Google]
A Hero Appears.webm
2MB, 1156x650px
>>381577746
>>
>>381577945
go to /a/
>>
>>381577942
The second one was more for emphasis. I don't really have an excuse for the first one, I guess.
>>381577945
I really wish they made more mongolian cartoons with this style. It's so good
>>
Vanillaware. One of the constant complaints about their stuff, is they retread/recycle things a lot. They are a team of less than 30 people, I want to believe if they had more help in areas, they would be able to make a game that avoids that issue.
>>
>>381578048
go to /a/ it's a good series but still
>>
>>381578197
aw come on all I did was post a misnamed file. Those have been a staple of /v/ for years. Though I do miss the misnamed file threads more than the current-filename threads. Plus I'm bumping the thread because I like this one.
>>
>>381578048
I love it, I think the style is amazingly well done. It's beautiful in its simplicity/roughness.
>>
>>381578305
I think that one anime that's from the same guy who did one punch man is supposed to be pretty good. They kept more with the style of the manga/drawings or whatever and it looks similar to ping pong
>>
>>381578297
yeah and now it's an anime thread
>>
>>381577546
Why would you want to see Moon make a AAA game? The studio is comprised of ex-AAA devs that wanted to get away from that non-sense, and if anything we need more smaller middle-market (not indie) games, which is exactly what they're doing
>>
File: shrug.jpg (13KB, 276x440px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
13KB, 276x440px
>>381578687
Well I'm sorry dude I didn't mean for that to happen. Let's talk about something else then. I'd really like obsi to get a fuckton of money to make a whole complete game because I think that would be cool. As much of a meme as it is, I'd really like that apocalypse now game to get funded.
>>
>>381578650
I liked OPM, though it's pretty much meme status now. Space Dandy is still my favorite anime.
>>
>>381578857
>obsidian
isn't it a triple a studio?
>>
>>381578807
I probably should have had a caveat in the original question. I would like to see Moon make a AAA game with full creative control and a massive budget. Not a typical design by committee AAA game.
>>
>>381579159
That was kinda the joke I was making with the first post. Obsidian have always been in a weird middle-man stage. Now they're doing OK with kickstarter stuff but for a long time they only made games because other publishers let them use their engine/IP

But they always seem to get fucked over in one way or another. I'd just like them to have enough money and get enough creative control. Even if it isn't good, I'd still like to see if they really do get fucked over or if they're just incompetent
>>
>>381577546
Anyone outside california or outside the sjw circlejerk.
>>
>>381579183
>a AAA game with full creative control and a massive budget. Not a typical design by committee AAA game.

Those only happen once in a blue moon though, I can't even think of one from the top of my head right now.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.