[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Official Verdict

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: download-1.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download-1.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
My friend never shuts the fuck up about how good Dark Souls is. While I enjoy the DS series, I think this game is better. What does /v/ think?
>>
THANKS GUYS. I REALLY FEEL NOT ALONE.
>>
>>381574214
Bump
>>
>>381575303
Nioh is a game I really like a lot, but very flawed at the same time
I greatly enjoy how the combat is done, how satisfying parrying feels charged, attacks, doing fancy stuff. It's seriously a lot of fun, and way more than I had with the later Souls.
But the game is starved for content. The enemy variety is ridiculously small for how long the game is, and a lot of enemies have pretty simplistic AI, making the experience feel more repetitive. You having only give weapon types, albeit well made, also didn't help give a sense of variety. To this I'd also add that the levels kind of blend together, they all look grayish

The game has a ton of problems, it honestly hurts me to see it like this, and no one talking about it, but it's understandable. But fuck me is the combat good, I enjoyed it a lot. Had a great time because of it
>>
>>381575827
>parrying feels, charged attacks*
>only five weapon types*
That's a lot of mistakes.
>>
Not as good as a souls game, but pretty great and definitely the best thing to come from Team Ninja in a long time. The onimusha-style hack-and-slasher combat is sick, especially with how each weapon type is like a 4-in-1 because of the stance system

The setting is interesting too, and they make good use of it in the levels. The Japanese battlefields that pop up later in the game almost feel like You're playing a souls-like game in the dynasty warriors universe.

The biggest issue is a lack of enemy variety and some optional mission repetition, but the use of a world map in this type of game is pretty cool too.
>>
>>381576041
>>381575827
Well, to be fair, the DLC added one weapon type and I assume same happens with the other ones as well. I like that they patched in a fair amount of missions after the game's release, but unfortunately I have absolutely no drive to play the game anymore. There's just not enough replayability
>>
File: Ninja.png (2MB, 1298x730px) Image search: [Google]
Ninja.png
2MB, 1298x730px
Nioh does enough differently to seperate itself from your average souls clone but the combat is really where shit shines. It's the only title I've ever played that I can say has better combat than souls.

Once you stop playing it like souls and start doing weapon change and weapon skills on ki pulse, shit gets fun as hell.
>>
File: received_10213562080675233.jpg (210KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
received_10213562080675233.jpg
210KB, 1920x1080px
I got a kick out of it
>>
>>381577910
>All those spells on your item slots

Fucking casual
>>
>>381574214
It didn't reinvent the wheel but I enjoyed the game and don't regret buying it.
>>
>>381577421
>AFAIK, yes, each DLC will add a weapon type. Which is good because the Odachi was awesome and seamlessly implemented with the rest of the game, but that doesn't help with the lack of replayability the game offers, which is a shame
>>
Combat is way better than ds, but I liked dark souls loot way more. It was more like fallout where you do stuff and get something cool and unique. Nioh was more like diablo 3 where every weapon and piece of armor has a ton of attributes that are worthless and 2 or 3 that are required.
>>
>>381574214
v in general thinks it's mediocre to shit

source: how ridiculously quickly it died after getting hyped for ages
>>
>>381578105
Meh, oda and ice queen at my level probably required it.

No shame
>>
Are you joking? Nioh is dogshit. Online is super poorly designed, no checkpoints during missions so you HAVE to finish every mission in one sitting. Bosses are shit. Absolute garbage. That one boss that is just a blob that has a guaranteed one shot attack and sits at the edge of a dock so if you try and land 2 attacks on it in a row you fall off and die. Worst purchase I've made this year.
>>
>>381578513
>no checkpoints
Have you played the game? There's a shrine every 2-3 "big" enemies, and tons of ladders and locked doors to open. That's the most bullshit complaint. You can dip your weapons in the fire goblet and do 1/8th his healthbar in seconds.
>>
I honestly don't know if this game is objectively better than souls but Nioh is what convinced me to buy a PS4 not Bloodborne, I wasn't willing to spend the money for BB but with Nioh too I felt it was more than worth it.

As far as replayability goes I feel like the whole point of the loot system is to add replayability, in that sense I think it has more replayability than any souls game.
>>
>>381578513
>no checkpoints during missions
You're lying to me. Why?
>>
File: feminist argument.gif (1MB, 310x240px) Image search: [Google]
feminist argument.gif
1MB, 310x240px
>>381578513
>being this pathetic
>>
>>381578513

The online mode is the standard within this genre, what other nioh-esque game has online checkpoints?

Did you light the braziers for the blob boss and use them against it? If you do the fight well you can get past the laser phase in 1-2 minutes with the damage buff. The blob ends up being one of the easier bosses in the game.

Nioh is great, the death beam is bullshit but that is the only one-hit-kill I can remember.
>>
File: nobunaga'd.webm (3MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
nobunaga'd.webm
3MB, 700x394px
It's a fun game but I really wouldn't compare it to a Souls game, it does a ton different and has it's own flaws of course, but still good, if only for the combat
>>
>>381574214
I'm split. On one hand the combat+bosses are amazing and theres a certain charm to seeing historical figures with spirit animals. On the other the areas are a bit too maze-like and samey, the side missions are garbagio, and the elixir-loot system needs some work. Doesn't really draw me as a Souls "clone", there are certainly influences but I consider it its own thing at this point.
>>
>>381578139
Why the greentext?
I just hope there's gonna be actually interesting weapons, maybe a polearm of some kind or fist weapons, such as claws, that benefit from the bonus fist damage buffs.
>>
>>381574214
I enjoyed the combat, design, and the ability to change your armor to look like any other piece of armor in Nioh quite a bit but the lack of enemy variety really hurt me, especially considering how varied dark souls can be.

I think the Souls series is a better game because there's more atmosphere and the bosses are more memorable, plus again enemy and environmental variety keeps things relatively fresh. I loved how enemies in Nioh had stamina like you though, and I hope if Bloodborne 2 is a thing that From will integrate that as well, at least in the hunter vs hunter fights which were literally the worst part of BB.

I'm just hoping for a new Ninja Gaiden off of Nioh's success.
>>
>>381579093

It is definitively within the souls-like genre

>bonfire/shrine checkpoints that refill your health and let you allocate stat points interspersed between shortcuts
>dying releases all your current exp onto the ground with with a chance to reclaim it if you return without dying
>lethal combat where both you and enemies can be carved down fast if caught off guard
>online multiplayer mode in which you "host" a visiting player with a limited-use item and can only communicate through guesture
>>
>>381578746
Loot and you can get crazy powerful without worry of being locked out of pvp or coop due to levels or soul memory

Granted they add a level cap
>>
>>381578513
>Are you joking? Nioh is dogshit. Online is super poorly designed, no checkpoints during missions so you HAVE to finish every mission in one sitting.
While I disliked not being able to just turn the game off and restart where I was last like in Dark Souls this is completely untrue. Shrines were checkpoints.
>>
File: Hyper.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Hyper.webm
3MB, 720x405px
>>381579370
Yes, and it does a ton differently, I didn't say it wasn't inspired by Souls in any way
>>
>>381574214
Chris?
>>
>>381574214
>I think this game is better.
For me it didn't felt like that.
You have to restrain your self hard to not use stuff because it's just too easy to cheese shit with the likes of sloth talisman and other ninjutsu.
I managed to play through the whole game exactly once.
For the second playthrough I couldn't stomach doing all those repetitive sub missions in same areas.
Enemy variety was lacking, not a fan of random loot either.
All that said it was a good game but I definitely spent much less time with it than with any souls game.
>>381578513
>sits at the edge of a dock so if you try and land 2 attacks on it in a row you fall off and die.
Not going to comment on other shit but this is entirely YOUR FAULT.
All you have to do to not fall into water is just spam attack without moving your stick in bosses' direction.
Try it out anywhere in that level. If you don't push the stick you can spam attack and you are glued to the edge of the walkable area and never fall into water.
>>
>>381574214
A great combat system absolutely demolished by garbage enemy variety and abhorrent level design/variety
Bosses aren't that great either
>>
>>381579370
>and let you allocate stat points
It's funny when you think about how this was only done in DaS1
>>
>>381579213
I didn't mean to greentext there, it was typo. But yeah, I'd love to have some sort of fist weapon
>>
Its good, but did a lot wrong.
Mainly its just too fucking repetitive.
>>
>>381580028
>Not going to comment on other shit but this is entirely YOUR FAULT.
>All you have to do to not fall into water is just spam attack without moving your stick in bosses' direction.
He could have also attacked from a part of the dock that is right up on the boss rather than with a gap that has you fall into the water.
>>
>>381579743
John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt
>>
File: wooden.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
wooden.webm
3MB, 720x405px
>>381580160
This
>the first actual boss, which is super cool, is repeating over 10 fucking times
I mean, he's cool and all, but any boss that appears repeatedly so many times over the course of the game gets super stale
>>
>>381581238
His name is my name too.
>>
another totally necessary flamevait shitpost thread just like yesterday

le epic for the win op, you sure got a rise out of us again xpppp
>>
File: 1487269117340.jpg (44KB, 600x478px) Image search: [Google]
1487269117340.jpg
44KB, 600x478px
>>381574214
I had more fun with it than with DaS2 and 3. Nioh might have a problems but at least it felt like something new and fresh unlike the Souls sequels.
>>
>>381581626
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. Fuck off.
>>
File: fuck this war.gif (2MB, 473x345px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this war.gif
2MB, 473x345px
The ABSOLUTE worst thing in the ENTIRE game is the enemy variety

You see the entire roster of enemies by the time you get to the 3rd region, there's LITERALLY nothing new after that apart from bosses

>b-b-b-but some get new elemental effects!
The only actually noticeable debuffs that can affect you in any circumstance are electricity and earth, that's it, everything else is super situational and negligible
>>
I just finished Umi-bozu and am still having a great deal of fun.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, how do you get to that locked out shrine in the Umi-Bozu map? I presume that you have to drop down from the rooftops, but I couldn't find a ladder that would reach them on that side.
>>
>>381582049
Which one? The one closest to the bossfight? Yeah you get to it from the roofs, just need to explore a bit more when you're up there, there's a corner of the roof cracked open to drop down into
>>
>>381582049
Noo-reh-kah-be
>>
>>381582049
Get to roof from the boat right near the boss gate. Should have some dudes hanging out there. Go all the way to the back and take a right through the smashed opening in the roof
>>
>>381582814
I actually came from behind and accidentally killed it by removing a talisman. I had no idea.

>>381582249
It's rather close to the starting point, much closer than the nurikabe.. You can see it on the other side of water, and a two-sided door is in the way. The closest spot I found to drop down was a wrecked ship.
>>
Nioh is more about using your tools to your advantage and having access to a wide variety of skills and techniques, while Dark Souls is about adjusting to various different situations with more grounded and simplistic abilities. It's like comparing 3D Mario vs 2D Mario.

Demon's Souls is my personal favorite of the whole crew, but I think Nioh beats out every other Souls game despite its massive flaws.
>>
>>381583030
Oh, that boat with a rogue and a sneaky spearman? If I'll ever revisit that place, I'll remember to check it out.

I'm pretty good at exploring, but Nioh has left me lost more often than DS1 and 2 so far.
>>
>>381583053
>>381583030
>>
>>381583179
Kodama sense is a must. I platniumed the gane but still enjoy tori gate helping peeps out
>>
>>381582049

You'll stop having fun soon enough. The Ocean Roars Again is one of the best levels in the game imo.
>>
>>381583179
I believe so. It a wrecked boat(s) leading up to the roof. A couple skeleton warriors are up there walking around but yeah you get shrine and come out of some doors near the yokai wall. You probably jumped down on the left side of you came up behind the wall.
>>
>>381581775
then stop making identical threads every day
>>
>>381577706
Question: if you have ki pulse on dodge, and if you also have an attack after ki pulse skill... Does the Dodge trigger the attack?
>>
Is this game good if I'm looking for a Ninja Gaiden Black knockoff?
>>
>>381584418

If you can tolerate Diablo loot and poor enemy variety, then sure.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.