[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the future of resident evil? I want to go back to RE4.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 16

File: KeyArt-1.jpg (1MB, 2949x1754px) Image search: [Google]
KeyArt-1.jpg
1MB, 2949x1754px
Is this the future of resident evil?
I want to go back to RE4.
>>
Maybe. They could always go back to a third person view with limited ammo and item boxes and all that.
>>
>>381573635
depends how well 7 sells. 4-6 are still the best selling of the series.
>>
7 sold a good amount of copies and has a good reputation so it can only go up from here. You want RE 4 I suggest you go play that again or either of the Revelations games. I loved 7 even if it did have flaws (just like the old games). There's no reason to go back to the RE 4 style other than to cater to action>horror fags
>>
>>381574604
>RE7
>"horror"
this is what VR babbies seriously think?
RE7 is the worst kind of Twitch-streamer kino.
>>
File: meh.0.jpg (40KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
meh.0.jpg
40KB, 300x225px
I keep reading this game is like the old resident evil games. Do they suck too then?

Couldn't handle resident evil 2 tank controls so I never bothered with the other older titles.
>>
>>381573635
>I want to go back to 4
Then go and play 4 you stupid retard. The series doesn't have to go stagnant because you're a nostalgia loving moron. 5 and 6 were a direct cause of 4.
>>
>>381573635
>I want to go back to RE4.
Then play The Evil Within.
>>
>>381575071
>5 and 6 were a direct cause of 4.
and 7 was worse than both of them
>>
>>381573635
I prefer third person, the first person ruined it for me however it was still a great game.
>>
File: sanic_1200.0.jpg (119KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
sanic_1200.0.jpg
119KB, 1200x630px
The only semblance of praise I ever see this game getting besides the VR is
"At least it's not 6".
>>
>>381573635

Resident Evil 5 is one of my top 5 games, and no other games really play like it.

My dream is an RE0-3 remake with an RE5 playstyle with more emphasis on survival than RE4 and 5.

I really wish they could merge RE5s gameplay with RE4s interface. Like tap the menu button to open the 3x3 menu from RE5 and hold it to access the case from RE4 where you can manage and assign items.

Keep over shoulder camera tank controls (maybe use controls from RE Mercenaries 3D), make ammo scarcer, make melee moves do shit damage or outright remove them, remove qtes, add puzzles that can be randomly generated (and force a co-op partner to solve it while the other player keeps enemies at bay).

Make a single player mode, two players that maintains frequent puzzles and survival horror, a 3-4 player mode where its more combat focused. Keep weapon customization and complete character customization, limited storage box slots.

Set it in RE0-RE3. You play through it, replays you can select game and acts. You have a storage box in the main menu that can't be accessed for the main game that can only store up to 10 weapons/items. When you pick a stage, you then assign weapons/items from that to your case. Weapons are put into RE5 quick slots that you can rearrange once you take control in level. You have to carry key items in your case so travel light
>>
>>381573635
4 was a fluke, 5 and 6 were shit
7 was better

But I hope to god REmake 2 stays fixed camera angles.
>>
>>381573635
it would have been perfect if it was bigger and longer, the gameplay was fine
>>
>>381575340
>Anything worse than 4, 5 and 6.
Nothing could be as bad as 4, 5, and 6.
>>
File: JUST.png (333KB, 531x357px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
333KB, 531x357px
>>381575803
>REmake 2
I just realized one side will get BTFO. The fans who want fixed or the ones that want OTS.
>>
>>381573635
leave. now.
>>
>>381576093
>Nothing could be as bad as 4
>RE purists still think the gameplay from ps1 era RE was ever good.
>>
>>381576313
Gameplay from 2 was good

REmake is the best one still
>>
>>381573635
No, old RE are trash and outdated. I don't care if a few of you weebs think its amazing, it isn't. RE 7 was a delight, and is one of the best horror games.
>>
RE7 did nothing wrong
>>
>>381576214
Imagine if they bring in the ability to switch between fixed, OTS, or first-person on the go?
>>
>>381576214
they'll mix both like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7gk569uaYE&t=276s
>>
>>381574728
>the fucking console fags fighting over something no one is talking about
Wew, lad
>>
>>381576513
Capcom's too lazy for that. You would have to rely on modders desu.
>>
>>381575731
Soo you are blind

Everyone praised the story,the bakers and how returned to the Old style
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 530x277px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 530x277px
>>381576494
RE7 is already considered good not only by critic and public,but for majority of /v/ too...in the future it will be pure ludo since one of his main problems(the extra content being DLC) will be corrected in a complete edition they will eventually gonna make
>>
>>381578271
>yfw from now on we are not getting any more QTs
>Instead we are getting disgusting trannies
>>
all those disgusting numales itt. please go ahead and kill yourself. no one's gonna miss your fat ass, promise.
>>
>>381579639
Zoe was okay looking but the visuals of the girls was the least of the game's mediocrity.
>>
>>381576494
It didnt let me save Zoe, she fucking deserved to live, yet if you pick her both girls die, that's what it did wrong
>>
>>381578271
If you thinkthey look like trannies you are fucking delusional
>>
>>381573635
Good, you go back there and stay there.
>>
I don't mind the FPS gameplay, that part was fine. What I do mind is the majority of enemies being unkillable and forcing to flee or run away like a Outlast game and using stealth so heavily.

If they can mix a decent survival game with the zombies and enemies of the old RE titles along with some new ones, I think it will be fine.
>>
>>381581652
>What I do mind is the majority of enemies being unkillable and forcing to flee or run away like a Outlast game and using stealth so heavily.

You either didn't play the game or didn't bother to play more than an hour in.

You are only persued by two "unkillable" enemies in the game, Ma and Pa. These happen at different points and Jack can be stunned in a manner similar to Nemesis.

And stealth is literally never necessary in this game. You can either hide or chose to run away from Jack, just like you have to do with Nemesis in RE3.
>>
File: Sherry6a.jpg (10KB, 248x499px) Image search: [Google]
Sherry6a.jpg
10KB, 248x499px
>>381580203
Yeah,Jill was a goddness in the first game,but here...

>>381581409
If you think those things are better than this,you are fucking delusional.
>>
File: Redfield.webm (2MB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Redfield.webm
2MB, 600x600px
At least we still have the evil within 2
>>
>>381581928
That was my problem: I don't want every single enemy to be a Nemesis (and yes, I did play it all the way through. I know there are normal enemies later in the game)

Nemesis worked because he was infrequent, but powerful enough to keep you on your toes in addition to everything else going on. With about 2/3rds of the game being the baker family, running and stealth isn't what I want to be doing for the majority of a RE game.

I think the foundation for RE7 was good, but the execution was eh.
>>
File: Resident-evil-7.jpg (60KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Resident-evil-7.jpg
60KB, 600x338px
>>381582229
>I don't want every single enemy to be a Nemesis

Boy do I have the game for you!
>>
>>381582229
What? Nemesis shows up way more than Ma and Pa

Mr.X was still the best chaser in the series.
>>
>>381573635
no, they have already said that RE8 will go a different direction
>>
File: 1466756348918.png (10KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1466756348918.png
10KB, 429x410px
>>381582039
>Equilibrium meets X-COM
>>
>>381582851
>Resident Evil 7 executive producer Jun Takeuchi mentioned that he wanted the seventh entry to be ''the start of a new kind of survival horror, and of a new series.''

Looks like they're gonna continue it though
>>
>>381583202
>>381573635
Good, I loved 7 and I want another
>>
>>381580203
>Zoe was okay looking
she looks like a transgender Frankie Muniz.
>>
>>381582039
that reminds me i need to finish watching that. seriously though how do you miss from that range with burst fire handguns?
>>
Special snowflakes of /v/ hates a game because it's popular. Again...

This game is literally Resident Evil 1 in first person. This is the best thing that can happen to Resident Evil.
>muh resident evil 4
RE4 is not Resident Evil, it's a good tps but RE is about horror and puzzles not about B-movie silly action and one liners.
>>
>RE4-RE6
>everyone saying these games aren't really resident evil and they want a return to old RE

>RE7 is a return to the mood and general gameplay of older REs while trying some new things for the franchise as well
>I miss RE4-6!

Should we just split these off into two different series, one being slow tense exploration survival horror and the other being japanese action """horror""" with wrestling moves out the ass?
>>
>>381585408
>B-movie silly action and one liners.
Thee was those thing on RE1,anon.

>This is the best thing that can happen to Resident Evil.
Remember that RE4 is considered a "game change" to the game industrie and RE5 sold more then 6.5 million.
>>
>>381585950
Not really in a good way. A lot of bad TPSes came in the wake of RE4 and RE5 despite those sales was considered a bit of a blunder which led to RE6 being a complete flop.
>>
>>381585408
RE4 is more like classic RE than RE7 is. There is a certain level of B Movie cheese that makes the Resident Evil games what they are. 7 is just Outlast with guns.

And 3 one liners and the Crazy Jack meme doesn't equal that same cheese Past games had.

I enjoyed RE7. A lot. But it's just Resident Evil in name only.
>>
>>381586040
>RE6 being a flop
It's the best selling re game
>>
>>381586915
I will never understand why that shit is the best selling RE game.There's not even one good thing about the game
>>
>>381586040
>A lot of bad TPSes
such as?
>>
>>381587159
I think it's mostly because of co-op and mercenary mode.
>>
>>381586735
Are you saying B-movie cheese is more important than actual exploration, puzzles that aren't mostly focused on combat, tense atmosphere, and very limited resources? You know, like, the gameplay?

>Outlast with guns
so you mean a mechanic that would utterly change how outlast plays and leave it not really an outlast game at all anymore? Imagine.

There aren't any puzzles in outlast games, it's a thoroughly cinematic experience.
>>
>>381587159
Jake was fun to play
>>
>>381587367
RE5, RE6, and Dead Sector off of the top of my head. The thing is that a lot of these games were fucking forgettable and it was over a decade ago at this point. Kane & Lynch, maybe.
>>
>>381575296
>want to install the evil within
>60gb
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>381587389
>Are you saying B-movie cheese is more important than actual exploration, puzzles that aren't mostly focused on combat, tense atmosphere, and very limited resources? You know, like, the gameplay?

I'm saying its the missing piece. every RE game up to 4 has had all of what you mentioned there plus the cheese factor. 5 had all of that but to a much lesser extent. 6 had it too but couldn't make any of it work because it was trying to hard to be something for everyone.

>so you mean a mechanic that would utterly change how outlast plays and leave it not really an outlast game at all anymore? Imagine.
Exactly. Outlast is more intense and scary because you are totally helpless in the face of crazy murderers and shit. After your third mold zombie nothing is scary or tense in the entirety of RE7.

I wanna argue no puzzles in Outlast but I think you're right about that. just finding keys and shit, not really puzzles. Kind of odd because I'd think puzzles would make Outlast a much better game.
>>
>>381575071
>4
>nostalgia

I'm feeling too old right now.
>>
>>381587643
You do realize that when a new style of game or game mechanic comes out and is well received, it tends to get used a lot by other company who try to cash in on something popular.

remember when GTA 3 came out and shortly after there were a bunch of shitty Open World games? How many garbage platformers do you think came out after Super Mario Bros. was a hit? Just because a bunch of poorly made garbage games play kind of like something that was really good doesn't make that good game bad.

And why do you only mention or seem to care about the bad TPS games that were copying RE4's style and none of the good ones like?
>>
>>381587909
terrible fucking excuse
>>
>>381587643
>Dead Space
>Gears of War
>Uncharted
>GTA
>Fallout 3
All influenced by RE4 and not forgotten.
>>
File: Resi4-gc-cover[1].jpg (91KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
Resi4-gc-cover[1].jpg
91KB, 300x425px
Is this the future of resident evil?
I want to go back to RE2.
>>
Is RE5 any fun single player only?
>>
File: 9vklLXJ.jpg (24KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
9vklLXJ.jpg
24KB, 400x386px
>>381589261
>Fallout 3
Yeah anon, fallout 3 is not forgotten. No one can forget a big disappointment
>>
>>381589556
It would be fun if Sheva wasn't a complete retard
>>
>>381588516
I'm just trying to wrap my head around how you're saying RE7 is less of an RE game than RE5 even though it's an action shooter in broad daylight where you're gunning down majini with assault rifles in cover shooter segments, puzzles are few and far between, and it's intended to be played as a co-op game. The gameplay has become something entirely different, yet RE7 is the odd-one out because "no cheesy bits" even though one-liners and kooky shit are still present, just less awkward which is possibly what the developers intended in the first place.

>Outlast is more intense and scary
...Arguable. It's hard to be scared when you have a gun true, but it's even more difficult to be scared when a single fuckup in a chase instantly sends you back one minute to the beginning of the chase without much in the way of punishment. Outlast is liberal in handing out death without offering that much in the way of punishment for it, which cuts back on it being actually scary. A lot of horror games are like that.
>>
>>381580289
Maybe she can be saved in "Not a Hero"

>Zoey will never be the protagonist of RE8...
>>
>>381580289
If you picked Zoe you are a fucking moron and you don't deserve a happy ending.
>>
>>381586915
Capcom still lost money on it though.
>>
>>381590276
I picked her on my second playthrough
>>
>>381589130
You're right, but I was really starting to get deeper into games when all of those utterly garbage TPSes started flowing into the market so they left a heavy impression.

My problem with what he said was that his counter argument to RE7 being a good direction for RE was that "RE4 was an industry changer" and "RE5 sold a lot" which is a bunch of bull. You know what else was an industry changer? Fucking RE1, the progenitor of modern survival horror.
>>381589261
>Fallout 3
>inspired by RE4
bulllll shit
>>
>>381590008
>even though one-liners and kooky shit are still present
theres like 4 one liners and Jack is kind of cooky and crazy. that isn't on the same level as every other RE game.
>just less awkward
what the fuck are you talking about its even more awkward because the game takes itself so seriously these random one liners completely break the mood the game is setting up.
>>
>>381590276
I picked Zoe first because I felt like she deserved something good more. By that point I only knew that Mia was held against her will, but Zoe also had to watch her family turn into monsters, and I assumed she was waiting for the cure longer, so she needed to get it first.
>>
>>381574838
>I keep reading this game is like the old resident evil games. Do they suck too then?
Yes. Your character moves like a slow inept retard just like the first three games, but it's fine because all of the monsters move equally as slow and give you a lot of leeway to just run around them. You also have a shitload of ammo conveniently placed just before every encounter so you can blow everything away with reckless abandon.
>>
I'm going to watch RE animations, what's the best order to watch them
>>
File: Kennedy.webm (2MB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Kennedy.webm
2MB, 600x600px
>>381591194
1>2>3
>>
>>381591194
Skip Vendetta entirely. It's complete garbage.
>>
>>381591506
>Vendetta
>garbage
It's the most coherent of the three, you pleb.
>>
>>381591194
Degeneration, Damnation and Vendetta
>>
>>381590727
I'm not even sure how to approach this because of how wrong I think you are.

>every other RE game is kookier
because of translation issues and bad localization. Most of it isn't on-purpose. RE4 onwards was where it started getting more pronounced and tongue in cheek IIRC and even -then- RE7 is still more outwardly comedic than RE4 a lot of the time.

I'm not sure where you get RE7 takes itself completely seriously from, this is the game that opens with a father sawing off his son's hand at the dinner table for being rude to his guest and the son's reaction amounts to "aw, man!"
>>
>>381573635
RE2 is the best Resident Evil to date. I feel like the franchise became so different after RE3 and I just don't like how it looks now. RE4, 5 and 6 were complete misses for me.
>>
>>381591506
>this much of a pleb
lol
>>
>>381591506
The combat in Vendetta looked really well done. Good animation, imo.

The FIRST fight between bad guy and Chris was great. Then he apparently became much weaker in the second fight for some reason.
>>
>>381590276

>Implying the other choice is any better

>Implying you're ever gonna see Ethan and Mia again after Umbrella gets done thoroughly fucking them up the ass with no lube
>>
>>381591957
>RE3

I fucking loved the ammo mechanic implemented here, it had a lot of variety. I was glad to find something similar on RE7 but not quite as complex as it was in RE3. I miss that game.

RE3 also had some clever randomization in its puzzles, items and enemy placement that made it replayable as hell. it was a shame RE7 didnt have this kind of randomness.
>>
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO JAKE MULLER?
He just disappeared into the desert after 6, you think he'd stick around for shit. For that matter, what happened with that civil war or whatever he was fighting? It's never talked about again. Not the Edonian one, the Middle Eastern one.
>>
>>381592123
>The FIRST fight between bad guy and Chris was great. Then he apparently became much weaker in the second fight for some reason.
Chris did jump out of like a 3rd story window so I just assumed he wasn't at his full strength.

I thought it was dumb how long before he used his sidearm in that first fight. like the moment he had his rifle taken he should have just pulled his pistol and fired a few rounds.
>>
>>381592123

That was my problem.

Arias was fucking his shit up first time with no issue whatsoever then suddenly Chris gets the last boss killer buff in the finale.

I could understand if Arias got cocky at the last minute but all of a sudden Chris is able to go toe-to-toe with dude.

I guess Chris spent those four months punching more boulders.
>>
Does the plot of the RE games dive deeper into whats actually happening after 2?

I'm not sure whether to continue this series or not.
>>
>>381591732
well you are entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong I think you are.
>>
>>381592647

By all acounts he wasn't at full strength either by the time Redfield v. Arias 2 rolls around. Dude just fought his way through New York City and took a couple of shots from Diego just beforehand.

Arias should've waxed dat ass.
>>
>>381592784

Not sure what you're asking. Deeper into WHAT exactly?
>>
>>381593030
I mean, Arias did win the second fight as far as hand to hand combat goes. It was just a bit closer.
Ultimately Chris did an environmental kill by pushing through the hole in the glass.
>>
As a Resident Evil fan I was bored of the new game. It was an improvement over 5 and 6 but that's not saying much.
>>
>>381593030
>>381593302
Why was it Chris that was hand to hand fighting him anyway? isn't that more Leon's thing? or is Revenge just Chris's whole character motivation all the time now?
>>
>>381593485
I mean, Chris was on the clock. Doctor was dying by his side there.
If Arias wanted to sit on his cover and trade shots with him all night I am sure it wouldn't be a problem. So Chris had to go in and be agressive.
What is more unbelievable to me is that the government could only spare 5 people and 3 vehicles to stop a large scale terrorist attack in New York.
>>
>>381573635
Well get used to it fag. Now you know how all of the old fans felt when the series went to shit years ago.
>>
>>381593847

THREE

HOURS

Nigga I could understand a town out in the middle of bumbafuck county but this is new york fuckin city my dude.
>>
File: 1482794656782.jpg (145KB, 838x638px) Image search: [Google]
1482794656782.jpg
145KB, 838x638px
>>381590959
>he couldn't git gud
>>
File: 1453455738856.jpg (67KB, 786x671px) Image search: [Google]
1453455738856.jpg
67KB, 786x671px
>>381573635
Resident evil 4 was a lucky accident and we will never get another one like that.
Move on.
>>
>>381592247
>He doesnt know about blue umbrella

They are the good guys now...Thats Why Chris is with them
>>
>>381593485
>>381593847

Also keep in mind that Arias is shown to be proficient at disarming his foes so short of trying to keep him on his toes with all the gun kata they were doing it was going to come to the point where cqc was all they had left anyway
>>
>>381595838

Oh? I admit I haven't kept up to date on the latest info regarding 7. Enlighten a dude?
>>
>>381573635

Then buy Evil Within 2 (+1 if you haven't already).
>>
>>381574604
>7 sold well
>has a good reputation

hi marketer-kun
>>
>>381590101
Good
>Wants to kill his own dad with the serum she knows is to cure Ethan wife
>get All butthurt that he will choose HIS OWN WIFE over a literally who she meet hours ago
>the points above does matter much since the SHE made a serum that didnt work ar All

Zoe is trash
>>
>>381596195
Hi butthurt REactionfag
>just didnt get the sells mark by 500k
>it still considered a solid sucess by capcom
>its praised by critics and being defended by /v/
>>
>>381596018
Well there a gun replica of Albert RE7 gun sold in japan...the manual says that umbrella got a deal with the government to help BSAA.The blue logo means they are the good guy when Umbrella corps red umbrella is the evil one

>WE are Star Wars now

Someone can give hin the link? I am phoneposting on phone going back home soo its gonna take a while
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.