[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Next WoW expansion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: Bolvar_Fordragon_comic.jpg (430KB, 961x1135px) Image search: [Google]
Bolvar_Fordragon_comic.jpg
430KB, 961x1135px
I think the next WoW expansion is Return of the Lich King. Blizz already remade TBC with Legion, so WOTLK is next in the line. Blizzard is willing to do anything to generate hype around WoW, and Lich King would certainly do that.

The setup with Bolvar being LK is perfect for new expansion.
>>
Ehhhhhhh

As a guy who started in BC and had my early high school glory days in WoTLK, this would be an even bigger turn-off for me.

It would feel too been-there-done-that and desperately clinging at the old days for nostalgia value. I would be more excited about an expansion that captured my excitement about going to a totally new place unlike anything else in current Wow.
>>
>>381569692
They need an actual reboot, launch WoW2 with a new engine and modified combat.
>>
>>381570487

spbp

I love WoW but it's a fucking fossil now, I ain't touching that shit until they make it on an engine like HOTS
>>
File: mage.png (1MB, 745x835px) Image search: [Google]
mage.png
1MB, 745x835px
Rate my mage!
>>
>>381570487
>>381570610
And, in my opinion, it should not be about rehashing old bad guys from Warcraft III.
>>
>>381570487
I don't know how they would handle this if they decided to do it, people with 20K+ achievment points, tons of rare mounts etc would feel shafted if it's literally just a reboot of wow, but getting new people in with these people knowing they will never get anywhere near the character completion of someone who has played for years will be tough
>>
>tfw they still haven't done Emerald Dream
I quit WoW in LK, came back for Cata, quit, came back for Mists and WoD, then quit.

I think I'm finally free now, I doubt I'd ever go back to it regardless of what they made.
>>
>>381572424
>people with 20K+ achievment points, tons of rare mounts etc

thats the only playerbase wow has left

fucking pathetic, useless achievements and mounts
>>
File: 1495520908354.png (288KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
1495520908354.png
288KB, 600x549px
>>381569692
Just no more focus on green fire, demons, and orcs that shit is boring. I'd take another MoP at this point.
>>
>>381572395
perhaps they need another rts (WC4) to introduce new bad guys so that they'd have something to rehash for WoW2
>>
>>381570487

It should really be a new universe. Starcraft or Diablo mmo for instance.

Either way next expansion will be old gods bullshit and probably THE LAST EXPANSION.
>>
>>381572424
You do it by telling those people to get fucked. I'm one of those faggots with tons of rare shit, and I couldn't care less. It was about OBTAINING that stuff, not having it. Flaunting the stuff is funny every now and then, but getting it was the Fun. 90% of your shit is invalidated with every expansion anyway.
>>
>>381572651
Emerald Dream was literally the first raid in Leejun.
>>
>>381574184
which was a disappointment how they did it
>>
>>381574184
Oh really? Never knew. But I meant as an actual place, a world map/expansion.
>>
>>381572242
No
>>
>>381574541
Druids get to go into Emerald Dream in Legion.
>>
>>381569692
Where do people keep getting this retarded idea Bolvar is going to turn evil on us? The Helm of Domination corrupts one's mind yes. But it can't turn a good person evil unless they were already on the edge like Arthas.
>>
Next expansion is gonna be about the new asspull void gods and players will be fighting as avatars of the titans or some shit. It'll be nothing but a disappointment, the WoW team lost their passion and creativity a long time ago and are just focused on making systems to keep people subscribed.
>>
>>381574057
this
>>
>>381575072
>Someone didn't play the DK class mount quests.
>>
>>381572651
The Emerald Dream is the second most dumbass idea for an expansion next to OPs.

The Emerald Dream is simply a blueprint for Azeroth made by the Titans. There's nothing there aside from green dragons and narcissistic Druids.
Besides the only threat there, The Emerald Nightmare has just been neutralized so there is literally no point.
>>
>>381569692
TBC remake was WoD
>same continent
If anything Legion feels like a combination of Wrath + Pandas
>dalaran
>frequent content patches with raiding and single player content
>warcraft 3 villians

I just don't think we need a straight Wrath remake. I'd rather see an old god/void lord themed expansion. South Seas and N'Zoth or something.
>>
>>381572424
And? You tell those faggots to go fuck themself, and I'm ONE of those people.

I've been playing the same game for so many years, I can appreciate something new. WoW is old and dated, it's time for a sequel.
>>
>>381570487
That would splinter the playerbase. Too many people are too attached to their existing characters. They'd be better off just making more sweeping engine changes to the existing game like they already do every expansion.
>>
>>381575814
'legacy' rewards, quite a few of them that are completely unobtainable through other methods with the reboot+a complete destruction of old wow would be the best way to handle it
>>
>>381575072
Nigga did you even play the DK campaign? There is no more Bolivar, there is only the Lich King.
>>
>>381576226
Who cares about legacy rewards? They're fucking minor. It's not like you ever use any of those obscure mounts or tabards anyway
>>
>>381576226
So why should players play WoW2? I only still play WoW super casually because of momentum. If tomorrow Blizzard turned off their servers and told me to go buy a new game I probably wouldn't, but if they keep their servers up I'll log in once a week say hi to some people maybe do an LFR or a Mythic dungeon, then log off and pay them 15$ a month. Is their hope that after a while I'll get "the itch" and have to play WoW2? It just doesn't seem like a good idea from a business standpoint because WoW2 isn't going to bring in many new players so you'll have a population of 1.1x split between two games instead of a population of x in one game.
>>
>>381576749
Yup - no one else is developing subscription based MMORPGS right now - because they're terrible financially. Of course if you've already got a playerbase and game, then you milk it until its dry, but you sure as hell dont spend money on a new game.
>>
>>381576718
because a lot of the players would feel like blizz is screwing them by making a new game when theyve spent literally years of their life playing 'wow1', even a nod to aknowledge their userbase which has probably given 10+ years of subs each+xpacs seems to be a sound business move.
>>381576749
probably the best aspect of a wow2 would be a new pvp system, as wow always had a meh pvp system and its literal garbage currently. somehow managing to access the MOBA market+old wow subs would be a great plan for blizzard, if they felt they could pull it off
>>
>>381575471
>a blueprint for Azeroth
No, it's what Azeroth would look like it there were never any sentient races on it and nature was allowed to run rampant

It's full of plants everywhere and animals that don't exist or never got the chance to exist
>>
>>381577186
So why not just make a battleground that plays like a moba? Like, when you're in it you have RTS controls? Or, even easier, why not add a game mode in HotS that accesses the wow servers and lets you play as your WoW character against other players' WoW characters. Blizzard owns all the games and servers so it's not like they COULDN'T do any of this, it's just a matter of time to do it and the return they'd get.
>>
>>381578335
it's the entire pvp system thats shit, adding 1 moba bg wouldn't suddenly get them hundreds of thousands of consistent subs. they are losing out on perhaps 1M+ subs with a shitty pvp system, as it hasn't really developed since bc and lots of the changes have been misses rather than hits. the honour talent system could have been so good but the classes are somehow still inbalanced (sub rogues+arms warriors just tunnelvisioning targets down with near 100% uptime, huge burst+consistent damage just for one example)
>>
>>381579040
WoW pvp isn't supposed to be balanced. There should be ups and downs where specs are under and overpowered. It sounds stupid but it's one of those psychological things. People say they want balance but if you give them a 50% win rate they hate it. They actually want to get win streaks and feel like they're really strong. You do this by making it so occasionally they're overpowered. It's unfortunate when it's your turn to be the literal punching bag, but for the most part people dislike losing several game in a row about the same they dislike having a 50% win rate. The end result is more people are overall happy with a buff and nerf cycle and the same number of people are unhappy.
>>
>>381576749
Better question is why new players would go with WoW1, the old content is dead and outdated as fuck and the new stuff is just braindead farming which you admit you only play because you are just used to it.

They have a lot of new knowledge about MMOs, they could pull it off, they could even implement that new leveling system the broken isles had where you could just level up wherever you wanted in the order you wanted (with the high level exceptions).
>>
>>381580041
You're correct, new players have no reason to play WoW1. Keeping WoW1 in "maintenance" mode though is super cheap and lets Blizzard keep farming the existing players. Building a new game on the scale of current WoW would cost a billion dollars and they'd never get that return.
>it doesn't have to have the scale of current WoW
It does. Look at Warhammer, or Tortanic or Wildstar, or even FF14. Releasing a game that's "better than WoW when WoW launched" doesn't cut it anymore. You need to release a game that's better than WoW as WoW currently is otherwise WoW will drag your new game down to its level and beat it with years of experience. WoW isn't a good game, but the sad fact is it does the "raiding/social character dress up" gameplay perfect. If a player wants that gameplay they're going to play WoW because that's the game with the most players. If a player is already playing WoW for that gameplay they have no reason to leave because they're already invested.

Basically, everyone who would play an MMO already does.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.