[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RTS with First Person

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: MAchines Wired For War.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MAchines Wired For War.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
/v/, why aren't there more RTS Games with First Person elements?

Machines Wired For War was the shit back in the days and games like Rise & Fall Civilizations at War consumed many hours of my live.

I don't mean stuff like Nuclear Dawn or Natural Selection those were fine too.
>>
>>381566141
There's Battlezone games.
If you don't mind TPS instead of FPS, Sacrifice, Bruta Legend and Giants Citizen Kabuto are all excellent games.
>>
>>381566398
Battlezone was really good too, but I mean like why hasn't some developer picked up the concept in the last 3 years?

The only thing I can name is Executive Assault on Steam
>>
>>381566141
call of duty has first person rts desu
>>
>>381566141
There is a lot of fun stuff they could do by mixing RTS and other genres. Like they could make a game where one side is a team of players controlling single heroes and the other side is a guy building a base and sending waves of units to fight them.
>>
>>381567535
Executive Assault is pretty fun even if it is a bit dead and unbalanced. The developer is working on a squeal now set on space stations.
>>
Machines is fucking awesome
>>
>>381567875
What about a new MechWarrior with RTS and FPS elements which you can play Offline or various online game modes.

Or Spellforce (or any other fantasy/scifi setting), build your base and army , create your hero with RPG elements and play that hero from time to time in FPS mode to mow down enemies with tactics instead of sending commands.

Rise & Fall CaW had heros with whom you could mow down dozen of enemies with a war scythe or climb up a wall and shoot down.

In Machines WfW if you send the Reaper against a Gorilla the AI is stupid and dies because the Gorilla basically one hits but if you use the Reaper yourself and run circles around the slow Gorilla you can kill him since his attacks are slow massive AoE attacks
>>
>>381566398
>Battlezone
I really want a new one or at least some sort of grafix remaster of the games. I'm satisfied with HW remaster and Deserts of Kharak but now Battlezone needs some love.
>>
Urban Assault
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.