[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steam Sale (Hack 'n' Slash)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: DMC3.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
DMC3.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
Hey /v/ros, so a long time ago I played DMC 3 SE as well as DMC 4 SE and loved both. DMC 3 is one of my top 5 games of all time.

Naturally, I want to explore the genre a bit more but I find it difficult to enjoy many H&S games because I find them boringly easy or too repetitive.

Since they're both on sale now I'm heavily considering buying Bayonetta and MGR:R on Steam, what do you guys think? Yay or nay? Any other H&S recommendations with decently high skill ceilings?
>>
Also, if MGR:R and Bayonetta are a good combo would you recommend I purchase them or splurge on just purchasing NieR?
>>
>>381560460
>>381560764
Buy Bayo, and MGR. They're both pretty fun but not on the level of DMC3. Nier is pretty shallow imo.
>>
>>381560938
Much appreciated, anon.
>>
>>381560938
why are the steam reviews saying DMC3 is a shit port worst optimized game ever? I wanted to play it
>>
Bayo and MGR are definitely good hack and slash games, nier on the other hand is more of a jrpg (stats, leveling, etc)
>>
>>381561353
they're absolutely true
luckily there is a mod that literally fixes everything
>>
>>381561472
Does it fix the controller? I installed I pirate version just to see how bad it was but the game ran surprisingly smooth. The only problem I had is that I couldn't rebind the controls and that Dante's movement was linked to the right analog stick.
>>
>>381560460
Play Bayonetta bro.
>>
>>381561725
yeah
search for the style switcher mod, it includes a multitude of fixes and you can disable the style switching itself if you prefer vanilla gameplay
>>
File: 1483896884575.png (701KB, 781x1105px) Image search: [Google]
1483896884575.png
701KB, 781x1105px
>>381560460
Played all DmC games didn't find the joy I found in Nier Automata, as you might know, is more an open world with Jrpg elements you could try it.
>>
>>381560764
If you're just looking for a hack n slash don't buy Nier. Nier Automata is an action rpg, it's more in line with the Souls series or Kingdom hearts than with DMC or Bayonetta.
>>
MGR is better than Bayo on the sole basis that it only interrupts you with cutscenes AFTER the mission has ended

Also has better bosses
>>
File: 1392164464083.gif (465KB, 500x570px) Image search: [Google]
1392164464083.gif
465KB, 500x570px
>>381562208
>MGR is better than Bayo
>>
>>381560764
MGR:R and Bayonetta are much better as action games than Nier. I prefer DMC to both of them but there is fun to be had so long as you're not an autist who finds anything that's not the best to be unplayable.

Nier is a very good game but it's strengths lie in the soundtrack and not really having any weak areas outside of that, if you want to play a good game I'd recommend it but if you're specifically looking for something you can compare with DMC and get a similar experience to that to you can't really go wrong with Bayo and MGR:R.

As for other recommendations, Transformers is essentially a Bayonetta clone with better guns, Bayonetta is better overall but Transformers is fun and might be worth getting if you like Bayonetta.
I don't think Steam has any of the good Ninja Gaidens but it might.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.