[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post games you enjoyed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: header.jpg (36KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
36KB, 460x215px
Let's post games we've played recently and enjoyed. This game had been in my backlog for a few years. I held off playing because the Shank games felt like above average flash games. This one was superb.
>>
It's pretty good but sometimes I feel the level design isn't made with stealth in mind. It's hard to go around the level killing no one due to it being a platformer and the level design. You have to be perfect with your movements at times. If they had focused on pure stealth more, this game could've shown that stealth and platforming could work together well. but I do like Mark of the Ninja, it's unique. The ending's pretty good too.
>>
>>381558373

The only time stealth is kind of tricky is those super ninja fucks with night vision. I did a complete stealth run.
>>
>>381557520
> the Shank games felt like above average flash games
Agreed, fortunately I did not realize that they were from the same dev until I already enjoyed it thoroughly.
>>
File: horizon_zero_dawn_ps4_cover.jpg (79KB, 300x374px) Image search: [Google]
horizon_zero_dawn_ps4_cover.jpg
79KB, 300x374px
Even with all the SJW agenda hamfisted into story, it was really good.
>>
File: project freedom.jpg (19KB, 200x276px) Image search: [Google]
project freedom.jpg
19KB, 200x276px
Saw it in one of the "games only you played" threads and decided to give it a shot. It's fairly simple, but is well-designed and polished to be fast and fun.
>>
>>381559905

Is it really sjw or just /pol/ conspiracy. It looks interested but it also looks like something that will be 17.99 in a few weeks
>>
>>381560941
Well, it's not entirely SJW, but after some time you notice how all the strong independent characters are either women, ethnic minorities, or women of ethnic minorities (although that makes them the less interesting characters while actually interesting characters are white males, because they're the ones allowed to have flaws). Then when exploring the reasons behind apocalypse that left the world full of robot dinosaurs, it gets even more on the nose. But still, the open world, the interest in collectibles that reveal more about the old world, the carefully crafted side-quests, the story itself, it's all very good.
It just had 37% off on PSN, I doubt it'll have large cut any time soon, because it was among best selling PS4 games, sold couple million more copies than Bloodborne even. Sony rarely give away their good eggs for cheap.
>>
File: muh waifu.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
muh waifu.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
>>381557520

Doing another play-through after getting like 75% of the way through last time and then losing steam. Hopefully I won't miss the chance to romance pic related this time. The game's really enjoyable, though. Nice fun, crunchy RPG combat. Not sure if I like what some of the devs did to balance the game recently, though.

>>381561493
What's the backstory for the robot dinosaurs? White scientists?
>>
>>381561762
Well if you really want it, I can tell, but I have to say that uncovering the truth is very interesting and is one of the best sides of the game.
So here's the backstory:
In mid XXI century the world was completely under corporations rule, replacing countries. The biggest corporation Faro Automation Solution produced war robots that they traded with nations and other corporations. The director Faro(white male), has demanded his engineers to create new line of robots that would have no way to be cracked by enemy. This resulted in production of unbeatable swarm AI that reproduced itself by devouring organic matter. The swarm glitched and started eating up all life on the planet. The greatest scientist Elizabeth Sobeck(white woman, main character is a clone of her) devised project Zero Dawn, which consisted of creating a new super AI Gaia, that would conservate human genome, wait until robots consumed all organic matter on Earth, and then re-terraform dead planet. It would create new robots by itself which would perform the task, and those robots Gaia based on various animals. To create this AI Elizabeth compiled a team that consisted of her, a neurotic German male scientist, a cowardice Asian male scientist, a hijab wearing muslim woman that was professor of arts, and Texan edgelord programmer that wanted to rape every woman on the team. This Texan wrote algorithm for Gaia's failsagfe system Hades, which in events of Gaia fuckign up her terraforming would stop the process and destroy all life again. Something fucked up and Hades got split from Gaia and started by himself his procedure, despite the fact that the world has already been populated by humans. Gaia managed to destroy him by blowing up her own core, but then a knowledge-hungry nigger found Hades and helped him to create army because Hades promised lots of knowledge. In the end you have to beat Hades to save the world.
>>
>>381562839
I don't own a PS4 so I'd never play it. And wow. Thanks anon. Neat backstory but it's a shame it's so biased with imagery of 'men ruin world, women save it'.

I have no problem with strong female characters or male villains or anything like that but it's really, really hard for me to take anything seriously when it's so blatantly one-sided with 'womyn good, men bad'.
>>
>>381557520
mah nigga. the path of nightmares resonates with my psyche.
>>
File: motherrussia.jpg (43KB, 1275x713px) Image search: [Google]
motherrussia.jpg
43KB, 1275x713px
>>381557520
surprisingly good
>>
>>381561762
i really wanted to like viking, but the animations, man... the animations. it's so bad
>>
File: Alan_woke.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Alan_woke.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
I finish it this week, damm it was good.
I even play it two times to get all the achievements.
>>
>>381557520
Believe it or not, MotN actually runs on Shank 2's engine.
>>
>>381564659
Yeah, the animations and 3D models are god awful. THANKFULLY, you're only ever looking at them up close during camping. Zoomed out during combat, I feel it gets pretty bearable.

Even then, I feel like the gameplay is more than enough to make up for it, even though some fights can be pretty bullshit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.