[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Hunter thread. Excited about World? Any more info you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 11

File: Monster-Hunter-World.png (2MB, 1710x963px) Image search: [Google]
Monster-Hunter-World.png
2MB, 1710x963px
Monster Hunter thread. Excited about World? Any more info you hope is talked about soon (showing off more weapon moves, monsters, ect)?

Please keep it civil
>>
Accidentally made a thread before I saw this one, so I'll just ask here

What's a good set to acquire beyond the Wroggi gunslinger stuff? I just killed the female Rathian for the first time in MH3U on Wii. Should I just craft different shit with elemental buffs for situational reasons? Any must have blademaste sets I can get st this point in the game or soon? Only other set that looks decent is that Barroth hit for its attack and defense up skills, but it may be shit, I dunno as I'm still learning the game and how mechanics and statistics work.

Also should I be using that little green bastard in town to help me hunt shit? I haven't even tried multiplayer online yet
>>
>>381553587
You shouldn't be too concerned with minmaxing armor in village, just build stuff when you are certain it will be a huge upgrade and easy to build, or if you hit a wall of a monster you need extra stats for. You should be using shakalaka but it's not a huge deal if you aren't, some find it easier to hunt alone as the monster only targets you and so is more predictable
>>
>>381553587
Not sure if you mean attack or defense for elemental buff.
If you're worried about your elemental resistances, don't be. As long as you know what resistances on your armor are low, you can eat appropriate food pre-quest to raise it.
You shouldn't be worried about elemental attack raising armor skills until much later in the game when you're min-maxing sets.
Focus on getting sets that have armor skills that compliment your favorite weapon, like guard+ or guard up for lances or evade extender for switch axe (rolling around with this in sword mode is usually a better gap closer than walking).
>>
>>381553587
>female Rathian
Guess that's better than Rathian (male).
>>
>>381553414
I am extremely excited. I stopped buying Nintendo consoles after the DS/GC so I'm not really up to date on the series but have always have a copy od MHFU on my PSP/Vita that I play every so often. World looks incredible though, and the bigger audience it should provide ought to make teaming up much easier and more fun.
>>
>>381554297
>>381553840
I meant resistance but actually curious about both

Thanks for the help lads

I'm using full wroggi set for the sharpness bonus, do skills have to be 10 plus for them to even work? Think someone told me that. I'm running longswords currently, seems great for tail chopping, should I use something else to fall back on?
>>
Should I play 3rd while I wait for this?
>>
I almost wasted a load of money on a switch about a month back because I predicted that a new MonHun would be released for it soon. But I thought I'd wait to see it it's just a port or something.

Oh boy do I feel like a smug bastard now.

Yes very excited I'll be buying at least 3 copies and I've convinced about 6 friends to buy it
>>
>>381554793
Use whatever you find fun, longsword is arguably just as good for tail chopping but just go with whatever you feel works

Resistances don't matter much at all
>>
>>381555337
You feel smug because you almost purchased a $400 console on a prediction?
>>
HAMMERBROS WW@?
>>
>>381554816
play FU,like a real boy
>>
File: MHGen-Glavenus_Render_002.png (802KB, 981x685px) Image search: [Google]
MHGen-Glavenus_Render_002.png
802KB, 981x685px
>hop hop hop
>turns to face you and walks back 5 steps
>bite hitbox that goes from his mouth to his legs
Holy shit, this guy is infuriating with some of the weapons. Like how the fuck are you supposed to greatsword this piece of shit on the head if he moves away after every attack? Feels good being able to use any weapon though, at least sns will never fail me
>>
>>381553414
I fucking love this thread, hopefully nintenbabies will not ruin it again
>>
>we want the Dark Souls audience
>it's the Dark Souls of Monster Hunter
>roll roll roll "stamina management" roll roll roll
>>
>>381555337
At least with Vita they announced MH3G and MH4 way before Vita came out and intentionally released MH3G a week before Vita release date to curb as much sales as possible.
>>
I played P3rd up until about guild rank 3 or 4 and got completely stuck on the missions there, the monsters' patterns just get too aggressive and I can never find openings. Cats aren't much help either. Does the guild stuff get easier/more fun with other hunters helping out? I love everything about the game, I just always wanted to try playing it with other people.
>>
>>381557157
MHFU is tiny and unpolished compared to MH3U, 4U and Gen, though. Play one of those.

Don't bother with 3rd if you have access to MH3U, which has more content and also g-rank.
>>
>>381558253
Guild quests are designed with 2 to 4 players in mind. PPSSPP has an active 3rd multiplayer community.
>>
>>381559009
That's good to know, I read people saying they solo'd all the guild stuff and it discouraged me somewhat. I don't trust PPSSPP netplay nearly enough to try it out, will probably wait for world at this point. Thanks for the tip, mate.
>>
I don't know if this is already in the "what we know so far" pastebin but:

>placeable traps are still in, there was a shock trap in the E3 demo
>there seems to be a wall (dunno if wood or just a cliff wall) that has flashbugs in it, if you make the Anjanath smack into it you can pick up the flashbugs or the flashbugs will flash and blind the Anjanath? uncertain about the wording
>there are claims that some climbable ledges can be destroyed by the monster
>there might be fall damage because in the broken dam sequence, the demonstrators always recover with the slinger

It seems the leaked E3 demo wasn't the only demo at E3.
>>
>>381559321
probably you can pick the flashbug and shoot it with that thing on your arm
>>
>>381559298
>>381559009

You can definitely solo guild stuff. I didn't even know people still played P3rd. I'm currently at HR5 7 Stars and about to unlock HR6. My last quest is the steel uragaan one.

I'm not saying I'm good, I get hit a lot and I can't do Heroics. I try to use all weapons but I main DS.

>black wing edge
>rathalos set
>Attack up L, Lasting Power, Speed Sharpening
>Felyne Lucky Cat
>>
>>381559685

I think I saw a throwing anim in the trailer so I doubt that. I think you can only sling rocks, fruits/shrooms/and nuts (in the E3 reveal the overhanging rock fell down after being shot with what seemed like a bomb nut).
>>
This game will fail so hard. Capcom is so fucking idiot.
>>
I kinda dislike how there's no more gathering animation. Sure, those were quite long but they had some charm to them. Now it feels more like weird MMO where you just run from one spot to another and not actually doing anything.
>>
I hope Khezu comes back.
>>
>>381561227
I get the feeling mining animations will stay, unless that's been shown to not be there. Taking mining ore out of context would just feel weird, I think.
>>
File: mhw gathering.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mhw gathering.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>381561227
>>
>>381561442
are you capcom employee?
>>
>>381553414
you spoilered a part of your post even though there was no spoiler
>>
>>381561442
In long gameplay video he just run past some resources and instantly gathered everything barely moving. Looks like some spors still has long animation.
>>
>>381561321
if Khezu loses most of it's shitty generic wyvern animations and has clever uses for it's thunder like Red Khezu in 4U does then I wouldn't mind it. The obnoxious tail swing animation is flat out gone so it won't be able to launch with it's fucking nub anymore
>>
File: mhw gathering 2.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mhw gathering 2.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>381561510
I don't think so
>>
File: Barioth armour 2.jpg (2MB, 2046x1446px) Image search: [Google]
Barioth armour 2.jpg
2MB, 2046x1446px
BARIOTH CONFIRMATION WHEN
>>
>>381554793
Each point of elemental resistance is I want to say 1% damage. So it really doesn't matter much till like -20/+20. But if you have a huge negative resistance you can eat a food buff (I forget the specific combo) that sets any amount of negative resistance to +3, so it really doesn't come up much.
>>
>>381561564
my guess is that only works with nuts and hanging materials like honey while monster corpses, bone piles, and anything on the ground still requires the longer animation. Maybe shinies as well will get the quick animation since knocking down fruits does this as well
>>
>>381561663

One thing to note here:

When he picks up a nut and puts it in his slinger, something drops. I take it that means you can only have one thing on your slinger at all times.

Also, do note that the 2nd part of that webm is not "gathering" but tracking. That's the Anjanath mucus, he takes a sample to level up his Scout Flies.

The pile of bones in the other webm doesn't seem to be a tracking sequence though, so it's likely animations are still in, but not for all of the gather spots.
>>
Having never played MonHun multiplayer but always wanted to get into it, drop-in-drop-out feels like a feature the series always needed. Makes it feel like you're much less committed to a 30-minute hunt if you don't want to be.
>>
>>381557667
>nintenbabies

You have already baited them into shitposting on this thread you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>381561782

In the Japanese presentation he was gathering from grass it seemed like? I'll have to check later when I get home.

https://youtu.be/fvKE9iVz-Ig?t=2801 Start of the presentation for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Another thing to note: you can change the settings of the guide to Monster Hunter language as stated in the presentation.

>モンハン語”にもできる
>You can also use MonHan language

>>381562398

I wonder if drop-in players will have reduced rewards depending on how deep into the quest they are summoned. I also wonder if there's a limited window of time for drop-in or if the flare item itself is limited to one use per quest.
>>
>>381553414
Hi, sorry for engrish.
I never played MH, will this MHW be like other MH? It's better to me wait for this instead of play other MH?
>>
>>381562540
Bitching about a hour old post that got 0 replies isn't exactly a smart move either.
>>
>>381562789
Other MH games are great fun to play, this one is looking to shake up the formula quite a bit though. Either way, I'd recommend emulating Portable 3rd at the very least to see if you like the concept.
>>
>>381561684
If it follows the same pattern as the transition to Tri, only the most iconic monsters will return for MHWorld and the rest will be completely new. Tri had 3 returning monsters and like 25 new ones.
>>
There seems to be multiple camps scattered around the zone and you can fast travel to all of them. I didn't catch whether they had to use an item.
>>
>>381562976
I hope we at least get Tigrex, he's made for this game.
>>
>>381562912
>Portable 3rd
Thanks, for PSP right?
Is there some good setting for ppsspp I must know for play Portable 3rd in a good way?
>>
>>381563356

>non-stop chasing
>never get to drink a potion
>welcome to the Tigrex olympic triathlon
>>
File: ItemIcon035.png (11KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
ItemIcon035.png
11KB, 320x320px
>There is a sharpness bar.
It's time.
>>
>>381563413

Play it right out of the gate. Only setting you need to fiddle with is your joypad controls.
>>
>>381563413
I don't think so, I didn't have to tinker much to get it going. Plus I mostly played it on an actual PSP as well so I didn't have to worry much at all. Just make sure you get the English fan translation patch, unless you actually read moonrunes.
>>
>>381563661
>>381563413

There's a link to the final patched version on an Emuparadise thread. Also includes the DLC shit. If you have a private tracker it should be there too.
>>
Getting a 3ds tomorrow for monster hunter among other games.

I read here that 4U is the best monster hunter game for 3ds. That true?
>>
>>381563976
yes, because X and XX is garbage
>>
>>381563356
It'll probably just be Rathian, Rathalos and Deviljho.
>>
>>381564090
>no Tigrex

JUST BURN THIS SHIT DOWN!
>>
>>381553587
Sns and user here. One of the armor sets that I remember using a lot early on was ingot. If I remember it had great defense and lightning damage. Ludroth isn't bad either. Both are easy to get.
>>
>>381553414
I really hope this game doesn't flop, from what they've shown so far it generally feels like it's trying to be a good game. Then again almost every game I've been interested in the past year has turned out to either be shit or flopped.
>>
>>381553414
I'm a casual who has only played MH4U, but have always been interested in MH. I don't understand why people keep saying it's Westernized and shit now. All I see are some improved graphics. What am I missing?
>>
>>381563565
>>381563661
>>381563853
Thanks you all guys
>>
>>381564495
Not on Nintendo systems therefore it's casual shit that will kill the series.
>>
>>381553414
why are you over hyping a game that is a ways out. start these threads in december or jan.
>>
>>381563976
3u is the best imo
>>
>>381564473
Clearly your soul is cursed and in order for World to turn out decent, you need to show no interest in it whatsoever. Sorry man, but needs of the many etc.

>>381564495
It's kind of a gut reaction of hate, I think. I'm not super well-versed in the series either but I think the trailer did the game no favours; they seemed to emphasize a cinematic style of gameplay with more focus on environmental setpieces that you might see in a western-developed game, as opposed to the skill-based monster fighting most people enjoy the series for. According to people who played the demo on the show floor the monster fighting is definitely still the main focus though, I suppose time will tell.
>>
>>381564835
>I think the trailer did the game no favours; they seemed to emphasize a cinematic style of gameplay with more focus on environmental setpieces that you might see in a western-developed game,

It's an E3 trailer. Of course it's going to appeal to Westerners with the cinematic shit they like.
>>
>>381565794
Excellent point. I think it'll pay to keep an eye on the Japanese media for the game to get a feel for how the game will actually play.

Also, will World be including the cosmetic armour slots that were getting hyped up a little while ago, or is that just a XX thing?
>>
>>381557859

I've been defending World pretty vigorously because I believe it's a step in the right direction.

The day Monster Hunter starts to have more elements of the Souls games is the day I retire the series.
>>
>>381564179

As much as I hate that retarded, rabid, ravenous, ravager of a fucking pain in my dick ass I'd be sad if he wasn't in the game.
>>
File: 29010.jpg (77KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
29010.jpg
77KB, 225x350px
>want to build a PC to play MHW @60fps
>fucking miners bought ALL videocards
>my only option now is PS4 with 30fps hunting action
>>
>>381564835
But anon i just want to be hyped for games like when I was young.
>>
File: mhs valfark intro.webm (2MB, 400x720px) Image search: [Google]
mhs valfark intro.webm
2MB, 400x720px
>>
>>381567378
is that a jet plane....?
>>
File: mhs valfark attack.webm (3MB, 400x720px) Image search: [Google]
mhs valfark attack.webm
3MB, 400x720px
>>
>>381563976
4U is widely regarded as the best, yes. It's a mainline game with a story. Generations is the most recent release and reuses assets from 4, but it's sort of a celebratory game with monsters from each game and adds in styles and arts which the game is not balanced around. They make the game significantly less challenging and easy.

Start with emulating FU or 3U to see if you like it, and if you do, buy 4U. If you're still hungry for more before MHW, try Generations.
>>
>>381553414

im going to put over 1000 hours into it even if its mediocre
>>
>>381567213
That's just not possible
Hurry up and get jaded like the rest of us
>>
My last MH game was Freedom.

Is Poison Battle Ace still broken?
>>
File: 1497999233925.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1497999233925.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>381567685
I still have hope in my heart, I'm not sure how I can become jaded toward vidya.
>>
>>381567378
>>381567601
ummmm what the fuck is this?
>>
File: mhs amatsu.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mhs amatsu.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>381568661
Spirits
>>
>>381553414
I am cautiously excited. I'll be honest, I've played the shit out of FU. I'm just looking forward to playing a MH with two analogue sticks.
>>
>>381567845

I think poison was good in 3U but not anymore in 4U or Generations
>>
>>381567845
No but the 4U incarnation is hilarious. It has so much poison status on it that Kushala can be poisoned in like two procs from it
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.