[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Endless Legend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: CityLayout.jpg (418KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CityLayout.jpg
418KB, 1920x1080px
I was thinking about buying a strategy game, someone advised me this one, said its like civ on steroids. Didn't play Civ anyway. What am I in for? Hows it's user base right now?

Online, I played only typical HOMM and RTS in terms of strategy, but the genre is pretty stagnant and dead to me now.
>>
It's exactly like civilization with a future-fantasy layer on it and a different battle system.
I enjoyed it, didn't play it for very long before I got bored, but I enjoyed it.
>>
>>381551981
For online: The factions are hugely different and are kinda build upon the idea of asymmetric balance. At worst they can feel gimmicky, because each factions works best for certain victory conditions, and if you know what your opponents faction is you will know what his strategy will be.

I would still say to get this game, because it's great for many other reasons and exploring these factions is really fun.
>>
It is actually similar to HOMM but you also get to build your castles, have diplomacy and trade.
>>
Its one of the only civ games ive enjoyed
>>
>>381552276
>>381552636
>>381552657
>>381552667
Are many people in the online lobby to play with? Will this game become all time classic like AOE, SC, HOMM? How long is one match?
>>
>>381551981
>Hows it's user base right now?
No one buys 4x games for online play, so if that's what you're into, you might want to look elsewhere.
>>
>>381552890
>No one buys 4x games for online play, so if that's what you're into, you might want to look elsewhere.
I see. But where should I look? I don't want FPS, tanks and MOBA.
>>
>>381551981
it has a lot of cool ideas and each faction has interesting ways to play but the AI is completely retarded. It cannot progress through tech tree properly, cannot equip units, cannot control units, floods its city garrisons with free settlers, flood its armies with same settlers, throw all of its defensive advantages in the bin as it charges into sieging armies, gets BTFO late game by standard barbarians, builds half-assed shithole cities with that can only function thanks to AI difficulty bonuses, never uses marketplace even when it play the civ that IS the marketplace, doesn't ever bother researching into alliance tech so never bothers with diplomacy.
If I could find a way to fix the shitty AI the game would be amazing
>>
>>381553068
>It cannot progress through tech tree properly
>cannot equip units
>loods its city garrisons with free settlers
>flood its armies with same settlers
>never uses marketplace even when it play the civ that IS the marketplace
>doesn't ever bother researching into alliance tech so never bothers with diplomacy

These are all patently false. Are you playing some pirated early alpha build or just lying on the internet, Anon?
>>
File: settlerwars.jpg (442KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
settlerwars.jpg
442KB, 1920x1080px
>>381553304
>lying
I wish I was
>>
>>381553068
OP wanted online, he won't care for AI.
>>
>>381553424
Did you tinker with the Ai's config? In 200 hours of play I've never seen it do anything like that.
>>
>>381553424
>easy modo
That explains it
>>
>>381551981
If you want an autistically complicated online strategy game consider Dominions 4: The Thrones of Ascension. Barebones graphics and some complex systems to get your head around but the online community is eternal, and so is the fun provided you survive the learning curve.
>>
>>381552815
> How long is one match?
Hours to days.

>>381553068
> cannot equip units
Maybe it cannot discover broken combos or equip overpowered quest rewards, but it does upgrade its units.
>cannot control units
The fuck does that even mean?
> throw all of its defensive advantages in the bin as it charges into sieging armies
Pretty sure that only happens when AI has no chances to win anyway.
> never uses marketplace even when it play the civ that IS the marketplace
False.
> If I could find a way to fix the shitty AI the game would be amazing
> If
Actually, there are mods for that.

>>381553818
Hey dev, give us keys already.
>>
>>381553818
I mainly want it to be good enough to have good amount of userbase for years to come. Not 2 years ok becouse new game and then desolate.
>>
>>381553602
no its no mods, do I need to buy all the dlc for it to unfuck itself?
>>
Endless legend is pretty good, but honestly it feels like a standalone mod to civ5 that is substantially better than civ5 or 6.
I suggest playing civ4 first, perhaps with rise from erebus mod if you want fantasy shit.
>>
>>381554134
I want also people to actually play it, and find people with similar skill. I don't want to play with AI.
>>
>>381554336
Online works through emulated gamespy servers, I don't know if anyone plays rise from erebus or fall from heaven online through these servers.
Personally I still play civ4 and RFE hotseat with my irl friends.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.