[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rlly makes u think what has videogames taught you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: wow.jpg (36KB, 538x250px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
36KB, 538x250px
rlly makes u think
what has videogames taught you?
>>
>>381550547
How many layers of irony is this guy on?
>>
>>381550547
>plays COD,AC,BF and Madden
>>
Most I learned was regions of Hiderian Peninsula from playing too much EU.
>>
>>381550689
>console gamers
>>
>>381550547
Taught me that I can be who I am without caring what everyone else says

Which is basically what /v/ does everyday
>>
>learned how to survive a zombie apocalypse
>>
>>381550884
it's gonna come handy, that's for sure
>>
I've actually gotten test questions because of Age of Empires

this is a retarded topic though
>>
>>381550547
that pic makes it really hard to stop myself from going full MUH KIDS TODAY

maybe if there was a hint of being critical of whats being presented in the games, that'd indicate a capacity for learning but thats not the case
>>
File: 1497797373168.jpg (20KB, 332x284px) Image search: [Google]
1497797373168.jpg
20KB, 332x284px
>>381550547
That 3dpd is irrelevant.
>>
I don't know if I actually directly learned anything from games but they did spark an interest in history and such
>>
>show less
>>
>>381550706
>Hiderian Peninsula
WHat?
>>
>>381550547
>learning anything from BF1.

Holy fuck please don't take anything from that game as anywhere near fact save for battle locations.
>>
>>381550547
Better vocab. Saying the word "bastard" at age 5 got me a good slap.
>>
File: 1497924783170.jpg (11KB, 328x277px) Image search: [Google]
1497924783170.jpg
11KB, 328x277px
>>381550547
>battlefield 1
>call of duty
>assassin's creed
>a realistic representation of historical events
Historical revisionism at its lowest, and kids think this tripe "teaches" them something. Christ alive we're doomed.
>>
I mostly learned english through AVGN and video games.
>>
runescape: helped me with english
age of empires: some history
age of mythology: mythology obviously

other things like lol cod learned me about weapons are nonsense.
>>
File: 1478718802852.jpg (181KB, 1651x907px) Image search: [Google]
1478718802852.jpg
181KB, 1651x907px
>learned about WW1 on Battlefield 1

So this is the power....of americucks.....damn
>>
Chinese Three Kingdoms era and Japanese Warring States period through musou games
Mom recently took an interest in Jap novels about historical Nobunaga and Kenshin and I like acting I already know when Nobunaga dies and what happened to Japan afterwards, etc
>>
File: 1451505909204.jpg (9KB, 235x236px) Image search: [Google]
1451505909204.jpg
9KB, 235x236px
>>381550547
>learned some more history in assassins creed
>>
that playing videogames will not get my life sorted out
>>
>>381550547
This has to be bait. That or the jews finally got to us.
>>
They taught me how to read a map so I can deliver pizzas faster
>>
I have a lot of unnecessary knowledge of Japanese history, because they love making games around it.
>>
you really can only learn from mgs series it got stuff ahead of its time. like now we cans see what mgs2 tried to say back in the days.
>>
I learned Japanese so I can masturbate to 2D girls.
>>
>>381554642
同意
>>
Cedar is tougher than pine but pine is more accessible due to its abundance
Willow is an ideal wood for making bows because of its flexibility
Triremes are ideal for coastal sailing and shit in open waters
Knew names of old cities, some of which are seldom mentioned now like Antioch and Canton
>>
>>381550547
>tfw could answer test questions in college courses because of the first level of Black Ops II

DEATH TO THE MPLA
>>
I don't know if it still does it, but America's Army used to make you watch powerpoints on actual first aid and shooting techniques, complete with a quiz at the end, as part of the tutorial.
>>
>>381550547
Age of Empires actually was the initial introduction to some dead cultures I wouldn't have gave a shit about otherwise.

Metal Gear series taught me some basic war politics and economic ideas that while are used ridiculously in MGS, are still real concepts.

Halo introduced me to the idea of magnetic rail technology.

Lots of little fun shit.
>>
>>381550547
Now, I'm not saying games CAN'T teach you anything, about a variety of subjects, in fact...

But this kid deserves to be teabagged to death by an angry bear.
>>
Unironically, if you actually care enough and pay attention, you can learn quite a bit in the earlier AC's because the codex entries were very fleshed out and updated as you went through the game

Obviously, it's not a history book, but it's a nice byproduct of vidya entertainment
>>
>>381555617
>reading
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.