[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cities:Skylines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: cities skyliness.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
cities skyliness.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
What went wrong?
>>
>>381548454
No challenge.
>>
Only traffic required any planning at all
>>
Nothing
>>
>>381548454
traffic
>>
>>381548785
this
>>
>>381548454
Traffic was a nightmare. Water physics did not make any sense.
>>
>>381548454
If the entire game required as much thought and was as complex as the traffic system it would have been the best game of its kind by far
>>
>>381548454
This looks comfy. I always kinda wanted it.. but it also looked stupid.

Is it comfier than it is stupid?
>>
It's booooooooooooooring
>>
Dude Mods, lmao!
>>
>>381549004
There's nothing really stupid about it, unless you intentionally design stupid shit.

It's the best city builder since SimCity 4, but it's not without flaws.
>>
>>381548742
I feel like City sims or civ sims like this always 100% revolved around traffic
>>
>>381548454
you have to buy dlc in order to get a difficulty and challenge or literally anything happen other than you winning
>>
>>381549176
Sim City 4 was fairly tight with its budget, it was fairly hard to provide great services, while in CS it's a nobrainer
>>
>>381548454
It's way, way too easy. Only time you can realistically fail is at the very beginning if you plan too big and don't connect water and electricity first and you'll run out of money before getting the first taxes. After you get the basic shit set up there's really nothing stopping your eternal cash flow, even planning traffic like a total retard won't really cost you that much.

It looks pretty and the design tools are nice, but in terms of city management it's way too basic.
>>
>>381548454
Land value was super stupid and total crap. By far the most important aspect was density, meaning the most valuable area is a soulless building block. If you demolished a couple of buildings to build a park, land value actually decreased.

Engine limitations that put a hard cap on number of buildings and agents. You can mod out the map restrictions, but your game will stop working oroperly a little after you develop your city past vannila's limits.

Too much eco bullshit. Coal is the most expensive power plant, while wind turbines are much cheaper.

Game has little personality. Makes me feel like stranging Chirper and the tweeting drooling normalfags. Sim City's 3000 citizens and advisors were much better.

No super tall skyscrapers.
>>
It's something to play whilst watching a series or videos on youtube it has literally no challenge until your reach the limits of vehicles number for example which is stupidly low for some reason.
>>
>>381549993

>No super tall skyscrapers.

This is actually my biggest gripe with the game. Good luck trying to re-create something like Manhattan or anything that isn't a suburb tier city. For a game called Skylines they really didn't try to go that far into the sky.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.