[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xenoblade 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

This game looks great. I'm loving the combat depth.
>>
What are the others characters doing?
They will just stay back with that tether between the player and them?
>>
While the idea of comboing is interesting the idea of me having to literally stand still to build up to use the arts is a dumb idea. At least the whole idea of them not being active at the start. Since in the stream the guy spent more time standing still just auto attacking and by the time the arts were up the enemies were near dead.
>>
>>381547024
From the Treehouse you have the main characters and then their "swords" which swap out your Weapon Arts so the people tethered are actually just your weapon.
>>
>>381547068
I like it. It makes auto attacking an actual choice that the player makes and can make errors on and consequently waste valuable time.

Plus I'm sure you'll get skills or gems to equip that allow you to have an Art already charged when you begin a fight.
>>
>>381547509
Hmm, that's strange, they are just gonna stand in place, being there, and that's it?
i'd prefered if the "weapons" would transform directly into the said weapon.
>>
>>381547720
Maybe you are right. I just don't feel like it was the best move. Since starting the game would just feel like a fucking chore because you are literally just standing there waiting.
>>
File: 1497435763371.png (261KB, 397x378px) Image search: [Google]
1497435763371.png
261KB, 397x378px
>>381547024
They are "stands", their weapon forms always take part in battle, butbtheir "living being" forms only do it during special attacks.
>>
File: Vita games.jpg (336KB, 641x1087px) Image search: [Google]
Vita games.jpg
336KB, 641x1087px
>>381546315
>This game looks great
Superb, considering Vita hardware.
>>
>>381547720
>It makes auto attacking an actual choice that the player makes
>by forcing auto attacks to be your only option at the start of every battle.

The system looks like all it's going to accomplish is that it wastes 10 to 15 sec of the player's time at the start of every engagement.
Even when engaged by enemies you've outleveled than have no hope of being an interesting fight.
>>
>>381548237
It's going to be fine anon.
>>
>>381547720
I'm also worried about auto attacks only occurring while standing and not having all your arts fully charged at the start of battle. One of the most satisfying things to do in past Xenoblade games was to curbstomp/cheese enemies with a combination of using the right arts consecutively at the very start of the battle. Now a battle against a Level 5 enemy seems like it will take slightly longer when you're a much higher level than them compared to past games as a result. I say slightly longer because your attack stat will go up as your level increases but the auto attacks won't be as fast as using an art straight away. Fingers crossed for the return of gems for an increase in Auto attack power otherwise grinding is going to be a pain.
>>
>>381548635
Ah yeah. I guess. I don't think I'll have much of a problem with it though myself. It actually makes me appreciate Arts even more because you can't just use them straight away. In previous games I would just take them for granted because they were available to use straight away.
>>
>>381548635
They're just going to have to make the game less grindy, then. Fewer dull fetch and kill quests, more minigames and stuff. The new collectible system already seems to be a major improvement, since you won't have to waste time running around the map for half an hour in the hopes of MAYBE being in the right area for a certain type of collectible.
>>
>>381549183
Funny you say minigames because in the Treehouse stream Takahashi said in the following months they are going to be fleshing out the many activities you can do in the town so you may be on to something.
>>
>>381547785
They don't just stand in place they power the weapons.

>>381548084
>baltantly well beyond the vita games
>ignores the massive open environments
>ignores faux physically based materials

You tried I guess, and maybe someone will believe you.
>>
I still can't feel it. I think this came too early. It still feels like I played X yesterday.

Also the autoattack hit sound was annoying as fuck in the treehouse demo and I really hope it's placeholder
>>
>>381549156
It's not really taking it for granted its using them when you need it. Which tends to be at the start to do as much damage as fast as possible so you can quickly move on to exploring the world. Or having the Arts ready for when the enemy is about to do an attack you can quickly stop it. Now you don't have anything to do until the Art comes up.
>>
>>381546315
wait so monado girl is actually just a persona? wtf? is she a ghost or something?
>>
>>381550905
She's an emulated Monado.
>>
>>381551389
but the Monado itself is an emulated key
>>
>>381546315
Looks interesting but I'm holding off till I see how NoA are going to fuck with it. And what these 'controversial' translation decisions are. If NoA leave it the fuck alone I might get Switch. Assuming they have managed to make any by then.
>>
>>381548635
Just using auto attack was kinda weak in xcx if don't remember so this might not be that be they killing some of those fast with just auto attack and help with the party.
>>
>>381551571
I don't know, they only said that when you activate these things blades are created, and it appears they only exist to serve, I think the drivers have agency but blades themselves don't, except Pyra because she wants to go to Elysium so the Rex's relationship is backwards to a normal blade/driver relationship.

She's the living manifestation of an emulator of an emulator, but wait once they create a new world wouldn't the Monado no longer be an emulator? obviously these aren't set in the same world.

>>381551841
NoA aren't working on it.
>>
>>381551841
NoE are in charge of localisation. It's why Rex is British.
>>
>>381552840
IT'S ROIX TOIM
>>
I really don't like the MC.
>>
>>381546315
>combat depth
>>
>>381552956
but mom said it's his turn to use the monado
>>
The combat seems alright and the music sounds great so far. But the artstyle and voice acting makes it feel incredibly generic. I hope that the voice acting in the trailer was just a placeholder, it felt really weak compared to the first Xenoblade's voice acting.
>>
>>381553524
I don't why people think this is any more generic than any other xeno game/jrpg. It's all generic desu. As for the voices I can agree though. Hopefully there will be a similar option for the voices as in Botw
>>
I'm going to keep an eye on it as it nears release, but I'm not getting the initial hype I got with X.
>>
I'm glad they changed it again. I probably would not buy it if it was just X's system again.
>>
Why did they go with auto attacks? Using artes based on position and comboing them with other artes and statuses looks cool, but having to stand around and let the main character whack an enemy for a few minutes before I get to do anything seems like an odd choice.
>>
>>381554462
I don't know why people think the the designs are so generic. To me "generic" implies it will be a forgettable and bland game that won't get much discussion after release, not so different to the unmarketable Japanese games that eight people have heard of, but the last two Xeno games have always had something going for them beyond just the art style that ultimately makes for a memorable experience.
>>
>>381554462
It's the character artstyle combined with voice acting that makes it look like every other game with an anime artstyle. The environment and monster designs look fine but the trailer was mainly showing off the human characters so it just felt like the same shit you see everywhere else, even if it probably won't be.
>>
>>381555075
Most weebs just want to self insert into the MC. Like I'll never forget the initial reaction to stuff like Accel World which exposes them badly. Like the comments sections on other sites are basically, I want them to look like every other Light Novel protagonist on the market right now. That's their idea of original.
>>
>>381552906
>ROIX
What kind of fucked up accent would even produce that pronunciation?
>>
gamers tend to use the word "depth" a lot but I don't think they know what it actually means.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.